442 Main Street
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shabupc.com/
- Phone: 4356457253
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Dim Sum, Shabu-shabu
- Executive Chef: Robert Valaika
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Shabu
When long time local Kevin Valaika convinced his brother, Head Chef Robert, to come to Park City three years ago, they had one thing on their mind: skiing Utah's famous powder, and combining their many years of experience with Asian cuisine to create a unique dining experience for Park City locals and visitors. Their dream comes to you at Shabu, where they offer a freestyle blend of their favorite Asian cuisine; exciting and nourishing weary skiers from all over the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Shabu - Best Restaurants in Park City ›
Shabu reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (12)special occasion (11)good for groups (9)hot spot (8)romantic (7)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Like Nobu in Park CityjimbergDined on 10/10/2014The blister greens are one of my favorite dishes and the cod is a must have. Freshest sushi in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss the miso glazed codParis2016Dined on 10/10/2014We were lucky to visit Park City during Dine About and dined at Shabu on Friday night. 3 for $30 was superb. 1st course Samurai Scallop, 2nd course Miso Glazed Cod, 3rd course Bread Pudding with coffee ice cream. The cod was the highlight, perfectly cooked and seasoned. For the accompanying foo young, I'd prefer less stringy vegetables. Service was attentive and friendly. The walls were adorned with awe inspiring metal sculptures, adding to the hip ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!PcnickelDined on 9/11/2014Never a bad meal! Kevin and crew have it figured out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shabu always a great experience!TXdinerVIPDined on 9/7/2014Enjoyed dinner for the second time at Shabu. Shared the seared tuna, mozzarella and tomato salad….recommended by waiter. Miso cod excellent. And sizzling hot plate a great choice. The peach and ginger pie was a perfect ending for our meal. Interesting art and decor. On our next trip to Park City we will definitely be back at Shabu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2014Went there based on good reviews but was very disappointed!! Restaurant is in a basement and is very small with tables really close together. Waited forever for our food and we only ordered a salad and 2 sushi rolls, then the waiter got it wrong so had to wait even longer after that to get it right. The only good thing I can say about this place is the firecracker shrimp was good.
- Shabu always deliversLadiesnightoutDined on 8/25/2014We live in Park City. Shabu is great for a family dinner, or for entertaining out of town guests. Everyone can find something delicious. Their dim sum are fabulous.Special Features:
- Great good and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014The wife and I went for our anniversary dinner. Food was amazing. We loved the firecracker shrimp and wagu beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dim Sum & Hot Pot RatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We chose the Chef's daily Dim Sum and daily Hot Pot presentations. Both were the very best we have ever had. The Chef's at this restaurant should be applauded constantly, they are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/15/2014The sushi was okay -- not outstanding but good enough that I would probably recommend the restaurant, except that the service was weak -- very slow and rather surly. Maybe our waiter was just having a bad night.
- Unusual findSlipperyslopeVIPDined on 8/4/2014Excellent Asian fusion food unexpected in Park City. Food delivered quickly. Nice selection of bottled beers but no draft beer. Interesting cocktails.Special Features:
- Favorite with great menuLadiesnightoutDined on 8/1/2014Shabu always delivers. Everything from sushi to hot stone kobi beef, Shabu always is great. We went,on one of their busiest nights of the summer (art festival) and everyone loved their food. We sat on the back deck so it was quiet. The restaurant gets loud inside. Love it!Special Features:
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Restaurant was empty when we arrived at 7pm. Served right away. The wait staff was very good and truly enjoyed their job! Food was delicious with good sized portions. Bean appetizer was great. So was the firecracker shrimp. Reminded me of Nobu's Rock Shrimp on board Crystal ships Nobu restaurant. Found out that the chef studied under Nobu which explained a lot about the food. Next day the local newspaper had a $25 off a $75 purchase so we will go there again. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavor-gasmLDnMokieDined on 7/29/2014Great service, with fresh flavorful food (awesome sushi, green beans were off the hook!) and fun drinks. Fun atmosphere...try walking in through the back door and saying hi to the kitchen. Reminds me of walking into the Cotton Bottom, although this restaurant is much classier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014We always order the gyoza (chef's creation) and my husband loves the Shabu Shabu. You just can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond ExtraordinaryClaremontdinerDined on 7/17/2014Shabu was excellent. The firecracker shrimp was outstanding as was the sushi & dim sum. The hotrock beef was a show not to miss and was equally tasty. We can't wait to return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great As Always!HeberMcGDined on 7/17/2014Brought some friends from out of town to SHABU for dinner and it was fantastic as always. It's my families favorite restaurant (kids 9 and 11) and we try to hit it a couple times a year. We're never dissapointed and love their new additions to the menu. We try different small plates and apps every time but the main entree' of the Black Cod is the best fish you'll ever have! I love sushi but am not a huge "cooked fish" guy and I can't get enough of this stuff!Special Features:
- Just go!!gchamiltonDined on 7/16/2014Been several times. Will go any chance I get. Food is amazing! Firecracker Shrimp should probably be regulated substance to prevent addiction. I recommend to my foodie friends from all over the world who are headed to Park City and receive universal thanks for turning them on to this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Great FoodFoodieLuvVIPDined on 7/15/2014Shabu is a special place. There are a variety of special sushi rolls that are all substantial in taste and size. The appetizers from the Yellowtail with jalapeño to the Asian Caprese and the Rock shrimp all rival any NY restaurant. The hot entrees are all flavorful as well. Their number one server, Riley enhances the dining experience. A must stop for foodies visiting Park City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Coast FoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/13/2014I recently moved to UT from the Central NJ/NYC area and really miss the fresh fish and amazing sushi. Shabu cures all my sushi and eclectic food cravings. My husband and I get there whenever we can. Servers are super nice. Food is just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and unpleasant atmosphereJAparkcityVIPDined on 7/11/2014I have not been to Shabu since it was located across the street, my memory was overpriced but nice atmosphere. We decided to try it again for a special occasion. Bad choice. Worst atmosphere of any restaurant I have ever been to. Low ceilings did not help muffle the screeching screaming drunken patron's cacophony. Waiter said this noise level was the usual, not just an unlucky exception. We couldn't even hear each other above the noise. My dish came without the described teriyaki sauce or rice, was basically a piece of grilled chicken and grilled vegetables ridiculously overpriced- healthy but no flavor. Appetizer was good. Atmosphere made us want to pay the check quickly and leave. chance of ever going back is zero.
- Consistently one of our favorites!troycabinDined on 6/30/2014Our whole family loves Shabu, even the 7 year old! No chicken tenders for her, she wants Firecracker Shrimp instead! Our server, Chewie, took great care to make sure we had everything we needed. It is the one restaurant we must go to when in PC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 251 reviews are from the Shabu reviews archive.
- Average Experiencekjh14Dined on 6/20/2014Of the 4 things we tried to order, 2 had been taken off the menu, which meant last minute scrambling to find something else. We sat outside, and while the staff was very friendly, they weren't very attentive. We had to ask someone clearing tables to please find our waiter so we could order. The food was tasty, but the whole experience felt very overpriced by the end. We felt they were charging for service and ambience that they didn't provide.
- Not a questionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014When my family gets together - the 4 of us will readily choose Shabu. I like to bring out of town guests there and when it's just my husband and I - this is the place. It always delivers a great meal out.Special Features:
- Fantastic as alwaysLovesashimiDined on 5/25/2014Special attention from the owner, bartender, and server. Aimee was knowledgable about the food and successfully steered us towards the delicious ahi tuna special. Never a problem to bring my teen daughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentKathyVIPDined on 5/25/2014Great seafood and unusual treats here. Cozy and unique atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceKnoopstersDined on 4/4/2014When we first entered Shabu we were a bit surprised at how crowded the tables were in terms of having a "quiet" dinner. For the most part the tables are in long rows and very close. We found that once we were seated our server was very pleasant and responsive to anything we requested.The food was great and the continuing service made dinner very enjoyable. The food came quickly and everyone raved about their dinner and shared bites! We will go back to this restaurant again!Special Features:
- Excellent except the SashimiDwpLjpVIPDined on 4/3/2014Fun menu and unique cocktails. Great service and fascinating interior design. Surprised that expensive salmon sashimi was tough and gristly, but all the other dishes were excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shabu Park CityShabuParkCityVIPDined on 4/1/2014Been going to Shabu every year for the past 5 years....my favorite spot in Park CitySpecial Features:
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/29/2014If you like traditional sushi, the sashimi is the way to go. The Hamachi is outstanding. The Volcano Roll is delicious. And from the large hot plates the Miso Cod is really good - it's great for sharing too. We're already planning what to get the next time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesome. We eat hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2014Just awesome. We eat here each year when we come skiing.Special Features:
- Great!troycabinDined on 3/19/2014We love Shabu, it is a must for every visit to Park City!Special Features:
- This is better than Nobu (allPaulVIPDined on 3/19/2014This is better than Nobu (all three in New York and one in Hong Kong). We walked out after dining at Shabuas as happy as we always feel after dining frequently at Per Se, Bernardin and The French Laundry. My only regret is not knowing about Shabu earlier.Special Features:
- Everything but sushiKamalDined on 3/16/2014Main menu items and drinks were spot on but sushi rolls were not tight and had too much rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, maybe best inPlumberVIPDined on 3/16/2014Great food, maybe best in town... service is great, but very small space. High energy, loud and seating is very tight. Would not recommend it for a romantic dinner or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food, service and ventilationLeslieVIPDined on 3/16/2014This restaurant is down a narrow flight of stairs from the street. People are cooking food at their tables and the place is consequently filled with greasy smoke. As far as we could tell, there is absolutely no ventilation. Our server, while very nice, was completely checked out. Some items of our order never arrived and our appetizers came well after our main courses. The California roll tasted like cat food- some unidentifiable minced "crab". The other food was pretty mediocre as well. It was expensive and dinner took almost two hours. I would never go here again.
- Favorite Park City RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/15/2014Shabu remains our favorite restaurant destination in Park City...always excellent service and the menu has something for everyone. We had a large group and the wait staff kept on top of everything. As always, we ordered the Shabu Shabu, others in our group raved about the cod and seafood clay pot special. If you go, you must order the dim sum...the chef's creation is always delicious.Special Features:
- Solid Main Street OptionBarclayDined on 3/13/2014Great food. Good service. Nigiri, pot stickers and sake were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodParkCityVisitorDined on 3/12/2014Two of us shared four small plates, Yellowfin sashimi, Volcano sushi, Potstickers, Firecracker shrimp. Each dish was better than the last. Getting reservations here was easy but should be impossible given the quality of the food. Perhaps the best Japanese restaurants I have eaten at outside of Japan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the sunrise roll!FoodLoverDined on 3/11/2014Tasty sushi rolls and egg foo young. Really sweet server who paid good attention to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestTexasDined on 3/10/2014I have eaten at shabu twice now and it is the absolute best restaurant in Park City. The firecracker shrimp, dim sum, potstickers and hot rock beef were all big favorites. The party of nine including picky children loved the meal. The atmosphere was great as well as all the waiters and waitresses. Also try the saki and black cod! The chef is amazing and oersonable and helps serve your meals. This Texan recommends this restaurant highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.