Shabu Japanese Fondue
1730 16th Street
Sacramento, CA 95811Neighborhood:
Shabu-shabuPrice: $30 and under
Shabu Japanese Fondue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shabujapanesefondue.com/
- Phone: 9164446688
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Shabu-shabu, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Shabu Japanese Fondue
Traditional Japanese cuisine and the first of its kind to open its door in Midtown Sacramento. Shabu-shabu is a Japanese dish that is cooked and eaten at the table. The dish is prepared by submerging a piece of delicately sliced meat or fresh vegetables in a pot of your favorite savory broth. Swishing it back and forth several times to cook, the familiar swishing sound is where the dish gets its name because shabu-shabu directly translates to 'swish-swish'. Healthy and flavorful, shabu-shabu is a common dish that allows family and friends to cook, eat and spend time together in this ever changing fast-pace lifestyle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shabu Japanese Fondue reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great experienceAlwaysJustAteDined on 4/3/2014This is a great little restaurant in the heart of Sacramento. The food is simple, but delicious. The ambiance is quiet, demure without feeling stuffy. And everything was reasonably priced. I absolutely plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first Shabu experienceLucyFoodsVolcanoDined on 3/2/2014It was our first Shabu experience - It was great. Simple foods tasted great and you can't cook anything wrong. Staff was great and we really enjoyed ourselves. Plus cooking your own food and eating with chop sticks changes the pace of the meal making it slower and more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good as alwayscoljDined on 2/22/2014I've eaten here many times. It's both good and economical (vegetable fondue is filling and healthy at $10).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShabuDine4lifeDined on 2/17/2014I love this place! I drive about an hour every week to eat Shabu. There ponzu sauce is great and authentic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We got all you can eat andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/28/2014We got all you can eat and it was good. Wish t included with seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night Spot.AJEaterDined on 1/10/2014My partner and I love Shabu Shabu it is a great, healthy, and filling meal, so Shabu Japanese Fondue was a perfect date night spot.. The food was great and the service was friendly enough.Special Features:
- Unlikely to go backMia143Dined on 11/10/2013what a relief when a young man was assigned to be our main server instead of that lady at the desk.Goma and Citrus Ponzu - were good.Broths weren't flavorful.Kobe and Lamb didn't look fresh at all.the meat stuck to the plate and we ended up shoving everything to the pot all at once.true enough,it did not taste fresh at all.vanilla ice cream came with the meal.Their website is not updated so do not expect any of their starters, curry or sushi ala carte. service is kinda' slow - seems like the server is also the one doing all the kitchen work. if you want a parking closer to the restaurant, street parking is available.
- Fun evening with friendsSacMucDined on 11/2/2013We were thid time with friends at Shabu for Dinner. Both liked it very well. We love coming back to get a yummy fondue.Special Features:
- The service was horrible.DisappointedDined on 10/30/2013The service was horrible. We asked for hot tea and it came to us lukewarm. We had to ask them to microwave it. Once our meal came, the rice was hard and burnt. It was actually light brown, obviously left over from the day before. The food itself, except the rice, was okay, but not enough to return. We were really disappointed. Won't be going back!Special Features:
- Love Japanese FondueLindaDined on 10/11/2013We love the idea of cooking the fresh food at our table. It is fun, and the food is fresh and very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.