Shab Row Bistro & Wine Bar
221B N East St
Frederick, MD 21701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Shab Row Bistro & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.shabrowbistro.com/
- Phone: 3016318102
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday -Sunday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm, Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Matt Strawsburg
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Shab Row Bistro & Wine Bar
Chic neighborhood restaurant and wine bar with full service retail shop featuring 400 varieties of wine and craft beers. Shab Row Bistro brings the flavors of the region, and the world, to your neighborhood restaurant. Dine, taste and shop here for the best in wine, beer and gourmet food in a friendly atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shab Row Bistro & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- SRBOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2013Another wonderful evening here with friends. Again food was perfect and our server Brandon was wonderful. He paired all the ladies courses with wind while all the gentle were paired with preferred liquor or beer. Chef Matt has a very interesting and splendid take on the crab cake and hanger steak.Special Features:
- Sorry to report that SRB isPhillyTouristsDined on 9/11/2013Sorry to report that SRB is closing today Saturday September 14, 2013. They will be missed.
- Thanks for the great foodgpimentDined on 9/7/2013We are very sad to learn that SRB is closing! This was one of THE BEST place to eat in Frederick. It was our TOP CHOICE. Thanks for the good wine, food and memories.
- Too badOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2013Unfortunately, the restaurant is closing on Sept. 15.Special Features:
- great lunchnewdiner4uDined on 9/4/2013Arrived at noon to empty restaurant. Extensive wine list, server suggested an excellent bottle of wine. Cheese and menu were deffinetly terrific! Shortcake is a must have for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved! Loved! Loved! Loved! Loved!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDined on 8/30/2013Our first time!!!! We will definitely be back. The food was fabulous! The wine list was incredible. The service was outstanding. Justin was awesome. friendly, casual, relaxed. We will definitely be back. There are so many other things on the menu that I can't wait to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumMisohangryDined on 8/30/2013Delicious. On a whim, we drove an hour and 15 minutes to get here and it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have enjoyed eating hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2013We have enjoyed eating here on many occasions, but found the service below par this time. To top it off, our server neglected to check us in so open table contacted me asking why we had not honored our reservation. Hopefully the sever figures out what he's doing or moves on soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food/Inconsistent serviceCASSVIPDined on 8/24/2013My husband and I were there two weeks ago for Sat dinner---we gave the restaurant raves(service, food and drinks) Returned Sat for dinner----the food was still very good but the restaurant was more crowded and the wait staff more remote. Bread plates on table, no bread served to us(it was served to other diners around us). We enjoyed all courses but found the service lacking from what we received before.Special Features:
- Very niceBrianDined on 8/24/2013Food was great, service was good. for 5 courses all paired with wine the price was not that expensive and food came out rather quickly. i will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2013As always the chef's prepared an excellent meal. We love to dine at this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Dinner!ScottNancyVIPDined on 8/16/2013Just to report another great dinner at Shab Row Bistro! We celebrated my daughter's birthday and the food, desserts, and service all led to a super evening. Thanks you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday Night DinnerCASSVIPDined on 8/10/2013Had a wonderful dinner at Shab Row Bistro. We had the crab cakes and swordfish both were excellent ! Our server,Ben was very attentive and helpful with drink and food selection. The "tastebuds" came alive with this dinner. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS AS ALWAYS!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013We love coming to this restaurant! We have never been disappointed in the food or the service. The chefs continue to be innovative and the presentations are beyond compare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great TimeJRBigMouthVIPDined on 8/3/2013The tasting menu was wonderful and the wine pairings perfect. One nice touch this restaurant has is if you order tea they bring a tea box with a selection of six loose teas to your table for you to select whatever looks appealing to you. They then brew the tea in a french press. So much nicer than a mug of hot water and a teabag. Great touch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night; Great food!ScottNancyVIPDined on 8/2/2013Probably the best restaurant experience we've had in a very long time! Typical French bistro dining; identical to our experiences in France. Great food, outstanding service, and SRB has become our favorite hand-out!Thanks for the wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love dining at Shab Row Bistro!SD21704Dined on 7/30/2013srb is one of my very favorite restaurants so it was with great sadness that I learned they were closing. When we arrived on Friday night we had no idea that we would be given such bad news. The staff and chef are wonderful. If you are fortunate enough to find calamari & shrimp risotto on a menu give it a try - it is a srb dish that I crave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2013My friend and I had lunch at Shab Row Bistro the other day. I had dined here before, but my friend had not. My crab dish was outstanding and my friend truly enjoyed her selection and she though the soup was excellent. The staff was attentive and informative on the offerings. I'm sure I will be dining at Shab Row again with her!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2013We went with our family of 4 for my birthday celebration on a Sunday evening. It was not crowded at all. All in all we were very impressed. The food was awesome. For starters I had the mussels which was a meal in itself. My wife and daughter split the cheese plate. All of our entrees were excellent as well. I had the duck breast which was really really good. My son loved his Hangar steak. My daughter loved the scallops and my wife really enjoyed her ravioli. The drinks were quite tasty and the bottle of wine that we ordered was great as well. We had never been here before but will surely return.Special Features:
- Will be back!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/20/2013We had a lovely meal and enjoyed the decor and service too.Parking was easy too. A very interesting menu, and the portion sizes were good to( not too big , not too small!) The creme brûlée desert and the bread pudding left us fighting over trying each others, as both were fabulous. The tables are not too close, and they have high tables for two, very nice idea. Look forward to returning soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef and Owner need helpRobertDined on 7/13/2013The food had flashes of talent. Fish was great but sat on top of brown noodles in brown sauce with brown potato. Way too much salt in both dishes ordered. The atmosphere could be amazing but It is currently not....so why the $150 per couple dinner price point. Service is average. View is of weeds, trash, or cars they let park in front of the glass. All three could be fixed very easily.Special Features:
- The Skate with crab was lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/6/2013The Skate with crab was lacking in taste, overcooked and I suggest you rotate it from the menue in favor of another fish dish. perhaps just sautéed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around meal and servicejacksonVIPDined on 6/30/2013Shab Row Bistro is such a great place. Where else can you browse through a wine shop that has excellent selection, sample one of those wines at the wine bar or enjoy your wine choice at dinner at a few dollars over the retail price in the wine shop. We started with rhubarb salad and tuna tartar. Both dishes were delicious and had delightful, unexpected flavors. For dinner we had moules and frites and a skate and crab risotto. Again both dishes were wonderful. The moules are always a favorite of ours and their french fries are to die for. The presentation of the skate risotto was beautiful and the taste was delightful. We had a intermezzo of french pea soup--it was a perfect palate cleanser. Rob provided great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodinfederickDined on 6/28/2013My wife ordered the tasting menu which she loved. My lobster bisque was the best I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second visitSRBFanDined on 6/23/2013This was our second visit to Shab Row and everyone had a great time. We were celebrating my husband's birthday and he especially liked the mussels.....raving about them all night. As previously, the wine and beer menu was extraordinary, as was the main course. We brought a neighbor who was also impressed with this gem of a restaurant. Will most definitely return.Special Features:
- We stopped by and had a fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/31/2013We stopped by and had a fantastic dinner. Nice wine tasting and settled on a lovely bottle for dinner. We shared a salad and best of all the Calamari appetizer which was awesome, tasty and different. We will be back again when we head that way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!StaceyDined on 5/30/2013Love this restaurant. Fantastic wine list. Always have a great meal here. If you haven't been yet, you should put it on you list of restaurants to try. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicePinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 5/26/2013We tried this restaurant for the first time on Sunday. It was really very nice. Open, airy inside; really nice people working there too. Since it was Sunday we ordered from the Brunch menu and the food was very good. We would certainly go back again.Special Features:
- Always a good mealMikemdDined on 5/25/2013Shab Row always has a nice menu, small but varied enough that there is something for everyone. Of course it has a great wine selection and some interesting cocktails. I had the wahoo special that was perfectly cook, nice and meaty and the brown butter sauce did not overpower the fish but complimented it. A guest had the scallops, which she always gets but they are consistently perfectly cooked with a nice sear. The other two had the 17 oz steak and thoroughly enjoyed it. As always, my only critique is that the noise level can be a bit loud at times due to the hardwood floors and exposed brick. But other than that, it is always an enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Shab Row GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013We enjoyed a wonderful dinner and bottle of Sancerre at this great little restaurant. The scenic view is not great, but the ambiance inside is very nice, the service friendly, and the food excellent. I had the scallops and my husband had the trout. Especially nice was the unique Caesar salad. It was a good choice and we will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!JanneycakesDined on 5/12/2013Shab Row in Frederick, MD as a whole is artsy and feels very bohemian, and yet classic. Shab Row Bistro & Wine Bar fits perfectly with the beautiful china, the well done, thoughtful, and freshly prepared food, rich french pressed coffee, fresh hot mini scones to begin, and excellent, polite service. We came for Mother's Day brunch, with none of us having come before. Parking was easy enough between street and the parking in rear, and with the park next to the restaurant it would be a pleasure to wait, or in our case to go sit and continue the conversation and socializing after the meal. The only caution is that portion sizes are on the small side, but otherwise you should definitely check this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013We went for brunch and had a great time! Wine and Beer selections were fabulous and well priced. Our waiter was great and the desserts are by far the best part of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommend!KareninECDined on 5/11/2013We drove to this restaurant from Ellicott City for my birthday dinner and was extremely impressed! Every wine we tried was fantastic, the food was amazing, the wait staff so impressive and attentive, and ambiance perfect. We will definitely be back and highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent asHeatherDined on 4/26/2013The food was excellent as always, and our server took the time to modify my meal selection when it was not gluten free. It was an wonderful extra step that made a huge impression.Special Features:
- Outstanding food, drinks &JRHHVIPDined on 4/26/2013Outstanding food, drinks & service! What a great place!Special Features:
- Absolutely FantasticljdinesVIPDined on 4/25/2013This restaurant was a lucky find through OpenTable. This was our first trip to Frederick and we weren't sure where the restaurant was located so we decided to find it early in the day - Bonus- we had lunch there as well. Sweet Potato Soup and White Meatloaf were memorable - couldn't wait to go back for dinner! Dinner was even more awesome. The escargot, something I order whenever available, was the most unusual and best I have ever had. The Lamb Strip Loin was delicious. Everything we had was perfect and the wait staff were attentive and helpful - offering great wine suggestions. This will be my go to place whenever we are in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was one of the best dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013This was one of the best dinners we have had recently. Actually, it was quite fantastic! The waiter was perfect and very knowledgeable, the menu had a good variety of choices. Having the wine shop on site makes picking out your wine a bit of fun, rather than just pointing to a name on a list (although you can do that, too, if you don't want to get up from your table to look through the shelves). We had a guest with us from Boston and he raved about his meal. Kudos to the chef!Special Features:
- Joyful Food!JenniferVIPDined on 4/13/2013My husband and I had a very enjoyable dinner this past Saturday. We found the food adventurous and approachable. I loved that we could hear eachother converse and the seating offered personal space. The staff was very attentive and knowledgable about the menu. The restaurant itself has an open feel with exposed brick. The wine list is innovative and you can purchase selections in the back of the store to enjoy at home. We dine a lot in Bethesda and it was nice to have a creative meal without stollers and kids monopolizing the scene. You'll leave saying..."what a great experience". Thank you for having black napkins!Special Features:
- This is a place that I thinkPearl56Dined on 4/13/2013This is a place that I think is still a little unknown compared to the usual suspects around Frederick. A creative and thoughtful chef (who has a good future we believe), attentive waitstaff. The bar is part of the restaurant which is a bit of a downside because of the high noise level.One in our party has some hearing issues and unfortunately missed out on much of our table's conversation due to a group at the bar located next to our table. The layout of the place doesn't really allow much chance to get too far from that kind of noise. Try the duck on the menu right now--it is AMAZING, and most items are as commendable.Great drink and nice wine menu as well. Recommend, but hope it doesn't become TOO hard to get in!Special Features:
- FABULOUS!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013We LOVE this restaurant!!! I look forward to try something different each time we dine there. We have NEVER been disappointed, the food is fabulous and creative. The wait staff are always helpful and courteous. This restaurant really is a neighborhood gem!Special Features: