2533 McKinney Ave
Dallas, TX 75204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sfuzziuptown.com/
- Phone: 2149530300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00 pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 3:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Peja Krstic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We will cater all of your needs large or small.
- Entertainment: We offer everything ranging from great DJs to live acoustical depending on the night of the week.
A word from Sfuzzi
Sfuzzi offers one of the best patios on McKinney Avenue in Dallas. Corporate Chef Michael Weinstein has created a beautiful array of wood- fired brick oven pizzas, pastas, salads and sandwiches, hand crafted cocktails along with impeccable service by our well-trained staff of professionals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sfuzzi reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Pizza and good ambiance!SurgeDined on 12/23/2013We tried a few of the pizzas and they were delicious. It was nice warm and cozy with comfortable accommodations. The server seemed to disappear for lengthy moments but overall she provided "okay" service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haphazard service on this visitDiningoutVIPDined on 12/22/2013The view can indeed be scenic, especially for watching the neighborhood heading out. There is a nice space outside even in cold weather, it seems to be fairly comfortable. Sometimes the service is impressive and at other times its hard to determine who the waiter is. The brunch selections are consistently good. Lately its been the hostess who has been most attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MUST TRY!!!!!bskeltonDined on 12/21/2013The experience was fantastic. Wife and I have never been so we decided to be adventurous and try the bacon and egg pizza. It was amazing. Never thought a fried egg on a pizza would be a good as it was. Service was great and the music wasn't an issue. We were around closer to the holiday times so I assume that SMU adds to the crowd during the semester. Service was great. Only complaint was the time it took for the food to arrive and when it did the pizza was not cut into slices. No big deal until the kitchen brought it back with it still not cut a 2nd time. They finally got it with no problem. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceJordanDined on 12/21/2013I was there on a Saturday night. Although it was crowded, I still had reservations. I waited over an hour and a half on my food until I finally told the waiter that we had to leave. The waiter never paid us any attention, and after asking repeatedly about our order, all he could say each time was how it was someone else's fault of why it wasn't out. I would not recommend this restaurant solely on the fact that the service was so poor and I felt as if they could have cared less if I had waited another two hours without getting my food.Special Features:
- not that pleasedfoodieDined on 12/20/2013the staff was short handed, which I can relate to. The wait time to get the bill was too long. The pizza was just ok. And my salad came out wrong so I had it returned.Special Features:
- First TimerMattVIPDined on 12/14/2013Great time this past weekend. Service was great and food was better!Special Features:
- Service was ok , pizza wasGonzoDined on 12/14/2013Service was ok , pizza was upcharged 3x to sub items and the meatballs were burnt and dry
- Early afternoon brunchDiningoutVIPDined on 12/14/2013On this visit I opted for a brunch favorite with a slight twist. There are a number of selections for brunch that are variations of favorites or staples. The Loco Moco is a personal favorite of mine, along with the usual assortment of breakfast breads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious, however,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/12/2013The food was delicious, however, if you book on OpenTable, make sure that you call to confirm that you have been seated inside the restaurant instead of the outside covered patio. Both times in recent visits this was the case. On the first visit, we were rushed through our meal. On our second visit, our server, Connor, was excellent.Special Features:
- A slow start, and a great finishDiningoutVIPDined on 12/7/2013Tonight it was a matter of no one realizing I had not been served. I made the apparent mistake of asking for an item when I was seated then waited over thirty minutes until I finally made contact with a server. It was a very slow night, due to the weather and everyone was out of their normal rhythm. When my order arrived, it was just as ordered and piping hot. If you wait too long don't make the same mistake I did, let someone know and they will likely be happy to assist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meetup spot in UptownChurrobotDined on 11/30/2013Pretty good place to meet friends in Uptown. Probably not the best place for a romantic dinner since it's a bit on the loud side. Food is tasty, but not the best I've ever had. Portion size was reasonable, which is a welcome change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!dyneinDined on 11/26/2013Tuesday's are Dame's Date Night. Free three course meal for all dynamic dame's...great environment and great food all you need to do is make a reservation and show up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little sluggish on serviceDiningoutVIPDined on 11/23/2013Service was somewhat slow on this visit, chilly wet weather forced most of the usual crowd inside, but not to capacity as is the case sometimes. My choice was good, but could have used more seasoning, and would have been better steaming hot. Its a common problem attempting to get hot food as hot as it should be, not just at Sfuzzi but almost everywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sfuzi funVincenzoDined on 11/21/2013Sfuzi remains as one of my favorite places for casual dining. The service is great and you can always count on the food. A fun casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- UpbeatDiningoutVIPDined on 11/21/2013Tonight was a good night to relax and watch as others arrived. I have read other reviews here that were not favorable, but watching the kitchen in action, was entertaining and surprising as well. Its a place that will lift your spirits, by just being part of the crowd. My meal was prepared to my satisfaction, both in portion and temperature. The best part is that your needs are anticipated, in short the service is attentive without being overbearing. The servers are incredibly nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but kinda too cozykiddles18Dined on 11/20/2013The food is pretty good. We had the portobello fries which were excellent. Also ordered two different pizzas which were average. Not bad but not great. Seating his very close so I found it awkward at times. For the price, I would definitely consider going again though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date SpotCoachMacDined on 11/16/2013Great Spot for your special "date". Really enjoyed our selvesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeALRolDined on 11/16/2013We were seated on the patio. The view of McKinney Street and ambience was perfect. Food was hot and fast! Delicious calamari and pastas. Service was spotty but friendly and they were trying to keep up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza, nice atmosphereAdamVIPDined on 11/16/2013The pizza was better than we anticipated. Very flavorful and unique toppings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2013I love Sfuzzi's, their portions and taste are always amazing. Love getting the pizza, great for sharing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a birthday lunch withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2013We had a birthday lunch with 6 ladies and got the front round table. We were obnoxious, so it was really nice that the team at Sfuzzis tolerated us. We had a great time. Most of the table ordered the lunch combo which was a great deal and tasted great. Not sure a guy could handle this, but we found it perfect for girls! So ladies get fired up and have your birthday party at Sfuzzis. There is a great back room for parties as well. Our waiter was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't ask for anything!!!Mindy37Dined on 11/9/2013I made reservations on November 9. My fiancé had never been there before. His father passed away on that Monday and we had funeral on Saturday. I made these reservations trying to get him put of the house, I made the reservations and at the bottom it ask if I had any special request. I simply ask that you would acknowledge Veterns day. His father was in the military, I thought this would make him feel great due to the fact that we just had the funeral. And that he and his dad were both Military. No one said anything. Needless to say I was very disappointed!!Special Features:
- Outdoor reservation?jslawDined on 11/4/2013When you make a reservation, Sfuzzi reserves an outdoor table for your party. My friend and I wanted to eat inside, but they had no inside tables available, so we ate at the bar. I'd recommend calling the restaurant and requesting an inside table for your reservation if you want to sit inside. Also, Sfuzzi is usually crowded and loud. It's not relaxing, but it has a great energy to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceDiningoutVIPDined on 11/3/2013Exceptional except the timing of my visit, since I missed my favorite breakfast breads. The tables I requested was cheerfully reserved and available when I arrived. Its a treat to watch the food preparation and the various ways the pizza is made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehFamilyof4Dined on 11/1/2013The atmosphere on the porch was fantastic. It set the bar pretty high. Then the waiter arrived, and it went downhill from there. I ordered a "mocktail" (I am pregnant). He offered orange juice. We didn't see him for quite some time after that. My husband spent most of the night with an empty beer. Our appetizer arrived AFTER our meal. The amaretto cheesecake was just cheese cake. The lasagna was nothing to write home about. And did I mention we rarely saw our waiter? Despite the tasty dipping sauces with the pretzel, we will not go back. It was a disappointing babymoon dinner.
- Dames Dinner was great! NotCAS1Dined on 10/29/2013Dames Dinner was great! Not sure how they can keep doing it but it seems get even better each time! Loved the healthy twist (whole grain pasta and turkey - not beef - lasagna). Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013Sfuzzi had a really unique ambiance, but unfortunately I was not impressed with the overall experience. The meatball pizza and chocolate ganache were pretty good, but I wouldn't go back to get either item. For the pizza, I really appreciated the flavors of the sauce and the cheese as well as the consistency of the crust. However, the texture, flavor and overall visual of the 'meatball' kind of gave off a "jimmy deans breakfast" vibe. The ganache was pretty good, but the cake itself seemed a little stale and lacking moisture. Our server was decent, but we were basically shoved out the door the moment we we stepped in. Our reservation was for 6:15. We left around 7:20. It wasn't like we were there for eternity.Special Features:
- InterestingJaMa1995Dined on 10/19/2013My wife and I have been there a couple of times for brunch and loved it, so we decided to try it on a Saturday night. Very young crowd, very bright lighting and very loud. We were looking for something a little more low key and romantic. Food was very good as always.Special Features:
- TX/OU WeekendFirstTmerVIPDined on 10/11/2013It was TX/OU Weekend, but the managed to get us seated quicly. The service was excellent considering the number of people that were there. Great spot for outdoor dinning and people watching!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sfuzzicapecodderDined on 10/9/2013Very long wait, inattentive server Mediocre pizza Very loud music in outdoor setting
- Dames DinnerPrincessAZDined on 10/1/2013Thank you for continuing to host Dame's Dinner. Everything was good. The portions seemed to decreased by a good amount but considering it's complimentary, no worries. As long as it continues to be tasty. The group next to us was extrememly loud and obniouxs though that's no fault of the venue's. I'll continue to walk over to this great restaurant and invite friends. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great food, great atmosphereMmmmDined on 9/28/2013Had a great date night with my husband here. Loved the atmosphere, location and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really DisappointedSLWrightDined on 9/24/2013This was my first experience at Uptown location. Made reservations, discovered unless you specifically state inside seating, you are forced outside. If not told that in advance, how would one know? Noticed that a Dame menu. Thank goodness for the salad, because the veal was awful! I have never had veal so tough in my life! I know now why the Dame menu is free. I was soooo disappointed with the Uptown Sfuzzi location! I ended up leaving and going to another restaurant for dinner. I had a totally opposite experience previously at the Las Colinas Sfuzzi location.
- Hands on teamDiningoutVIPDined on 9/22/2013The service was incredibly cordial. The waitress was very upbeat and willing to modify one of the menu items. Her memory about my preferences was equally astounding. The manager came by a couple of times to ensure that everything was good. A friend who was dining with me really liked his selection and continued to comment on the experience after we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntertainingDiningoutVIPDined on 9/22/2013The brunch crowd was already gone by the time I arrived toward the end of service, but the hustle of the guys in the kitchen kept me entertained. Its great to be able to observe the food preparation and exchange between the staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night optionDiningoutVIPDined on 9/15/2013Tonight I tried the late night offerings of serveral different pizzas. Beverages were not available, only water was served. My pizza was good, but needed more ingredients and it needed to be hotter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't eat there because theyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2013Didn't eat there because they did not have a table for us even though we had a reservation. very bad experience
- A four star brunchDiningoutVIPDined on 9/14/2013The breakfast breads are worth the trip. Try the Loco Moco for an unusual but tasty diversion at brunch. Not as packed as you might imagine, especially later in the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, pretentious hostess!ChrisHHVIPDined on 9/7/2013Overall, we had a great dinner! The caprese salad, pretzels, and artichoke pizza were all great! The crowd was...interesting to say the least; there are definitely a lot of people here trying to be seen, and trying to impress. It was entertaining to just sit back and take it all in and watch the people just try oh so hard :) My one complain would be regarding the hostess stand though; when we asked if we could be seated outside on the patio we were given a strict time limit for the small table for 2 and told we'd have to vacate at 9:15pm (we had a 7:45 reservation). When I'm buying a 3-course meal and multiple rounds of drinks you will not tell me when I'll be getting up. With that in mind, the waitress was excellent! $5 valet park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceDiningoutVIPDined on 9/2/2013In a first, I tried Sfuzzi for brunch on a whim, and was pleasantly surprised. After just one previous visit, my waiter remembered what I like to drink and was quick to offer refills. The menu items were unconventional but very good. Its really a treat to just sit back and watch, but on Labor Day it was much more subdued than normal. I suspect Sfuzzi, is a great place to dine outside, but in warmer weather, I prefer to stay cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.