9737 Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sfixio.net/
- Phone: 3103851800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Massimo Denaro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Great menu available for all your parties.
- Special Events: Available for Private Events. Call for details and to book your next event.
In 2014 we will be having Lounge nights here at SFIXIO! Stay tuned and follow us on facebook at facebook.com/sfixioitaliano and on instagram @sfixio. Cheers!
A word from Sfixio
Sfixio focuses on the most authentic Tuscan and Mediterranean cuisine, using only Italian ingredients imported from select Italian areas, to assure the best of Quality including as well an impressive selection of wines. The Menu is created by Chef/Owner Massimo Denaro from Florence. The Menu offers a perfect balance between the authentic Tuscan cuisine and a " Crudo" menu, the Italian style "sashimi" with fresh fish tartars and fish carpaccio creating a refined feel. There is NO FREEZER in this restaurant so everything is extremely fresh. The pasta is homemade and prepared at the moment, the fresh products are seasonal and organic focusing always on the the best quality for all the dishes. The decor is contemporary and romantic at the same time creating a sophisticated ambiance for a unique experience. A very private mezzanine is available for parties and banquets.Lunch Menu includes also an Italian Healthy Options Menu Low Calories Personalized Menu for catering and Parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Sfixio - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Sfixio reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (32)special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (21)romantic (18)good for groups (8)notable wine list (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Best Italian East of Manhattan!CettsVIPDined on 9/25/2014This is a beautifully decorated restaurant which offers extremely fresh and authentic Italian food. All of the food is made from scratch and expertly prepared. The restaurant is run by a husband and wife team who are very gracious and accommodating. The white tables and chairs mixed with the lighting make for a very elegant ambiance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Very different italian food in a good healthy way. Good wine from ItalySpecial Features:
- OutstandingInlovewithfoodVIPDined on 9/5/2014if you want outstanding authentic Italian cuisine than this is the place to go to. I had the Burrata salad as an appetizer and my boyfriend had the caviar truffle beef tartar. My Buratta was fresh and yummy and he LOVED his beef tartar. for the main course I went for the CAVIAR TRUFFLE PASTA... you have to try it...absolutely amazing!!!! My bf got the Gnocchi ragu and he loved it too but he loved my pasta even more. The owner was the one who served us and she was super sweet and nice. Will definitely be back and I recommended the place to all my friends already. Great food and great service!Special Features:
- Sfixio - A Fix for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014The best Italian food west of Manhattan. I love the other two world class Italian eateries in LA, but this is the best of both and better. Chic and sophisticated - white walls on white leather and white fabric - each plate arrives in front of you a work of artistry. The charming couple who operate Sfixio make you feel welcome, comfortable and appreciated. He is from Milan and is head chef. She is from Florence and runs the front of house and insures the high style and elegance are equally balanced with personal attention and care.Special Features:
- A top Italian in Beverly Hills!itsthefoodVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was the best Italian food we have had in Los Angeles area. The veal piccata was the real thin provini veal and was served with delicious pasta. Other dishes were all great. The husband and wife owners were welcoming and charming. Nice bar in the front. Modern decor with good spacing between tables. Overall, a real winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calling all FoodiesLoLoPaperTreatsVIPDined on 8/28/2014If you want to feel like you're back in Italy...GO!!!!! The hostess and her husband who run the restaurant are lovely and friendly and from Italy. The food is never frozen and organic and freaking deliscious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDBL54Dined on 8/20/2014A wonderful find and an unexpected oasis among all the hustle and bustle of Beverly Hills. The food was outstanding and the husband/wife chef and hostess team made our evening particularly enjoyable.Special Features:
- Stellar once againdinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Notice the consistent ratings. That's very unusual in this town. We returned back and were delighted once again. Massimo and Mara are such delights. They make you feel like you are dining in their own home. They are so hospitable and want to make sure you are satisfied. The food is so good. I dream about their specialty pasta with truffle "caviar". The fish is always so fresh and prepared with a tender touch. I'm just shocked that this restaurant isn't exploding with business. For now, it remains a secret date night spot, where me and my husband can have a slow, wonderful meal, and have conversation as the noise level is just enough to allow for a bit of background music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful find in our hoodhealthyfoodieVIPDined on 8/12/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The lovely and hospitable husband and wife team bring a much needed and appreciated authentic Italian restaurant that prides itself on fresh, organic and wild ingredients. NOTHING is frozen, in fact, they don't have a freezer. We will happily keep this place in our rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Branzino Since Porto VeneremollyjVIPDined on 8/11/2014Took a chance and stopped in for dinner on a Monday, always the slowest night... and wow. This was one of the best Italian meals I've had in LA. The branzino was superb - haven't had the equal of it since Porto Venere (base of Cinque Terra) a few years ago - grilled to perfection. Everything was wonderful. Panna cotta velvety smooth but somehow convincingly handmade, and the artichoke salad was beautiful - small shavings of artichoke with parmesan and lemon and olive oil, and arugala and a few cherry tomatoes on the side. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Lovely NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014Chose a random Tuesday to try this spot out and couldn't have been more pleased. The boyfriend and I had a great, quiet and romantic evening made even better by the spectacular food and outstanding service. The veal chop was to die for, melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness. We'll definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Fare at Its LA BestFoodWineChickieVIPDined on 7/25/2014When in Los Angeles, make a point of visiting husband and wife duo Massimo Denaro and Mara Sampo. If you think an authentic, beautifully-prepared Italian meal can’t be found outside of Milan, Florence or Rome, you’ll feel differently after Sfixio. Must haves: Burrate salad, pasta with truffle and caviar in light cream sauce and the gorgeous olive oil with bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/16/2014Our dinner at Sfixio was terrific. The restaurant is owned by Massimo, from Florence and Mara, from Milan. Mara was warm, welcoming and charming. She handles the dining room as though one is a guest at her dining table in her home. Massimo, the chef is a delightful and very talented chef. He is creative and sensitive in his cooking and the meal not only tastes delicious but is a work of art in presentation. I really like the decor, simple and elegant and very comfortable. We will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Real FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/15/2014An Italian version of the classic husband in the kitchen, wife in the front, bistro. The food is handmade, light and super flavorful. The veal shank was amazing. The room is a bit stark for my taste, and I'd call it eclectic rather than romantic. Doesn't really matter, though...come for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian at its best!IssieDined on 7/12/2014We went to Sfixio last Saturday evening. First time for us, a group of 12. Not only was the owner/hostess delightfully friendly and accommodating and the owner/chef a master in the kitchen, but the place itself is beautiful! Modern, edgy decor, completely at home in Weho. The food was absolutely delicious! It's rare to find excellent Italian food. Sfixio delivers! The grilled Branzino was moist and flavorful, not "fussy"! The beef carpaccio was fresh and served the true Italian way. I had the pasta with truffle "caviar" (tiny grains of truffle in a creamy sauce) and my mouth is watering just thinking about it! Epic!!! Everyone on the staff was extremely friendly. Definitly a MUST try if you enjoy perfect Italian food. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Food Lovely AmbiencemarcoamicoVIPDined on 7/11/2014We just returned home from our fabulous meal at Sfixio - a perfect evening. From a gracious and warm greeting to a lovely send-off, each detail of the evening was delivered with perfection and refined elegance. The setting is relaxing, light and elegant. And as for the food - a truly exquisite set of dishes based exclusively on the freshest ingredients and prepared with true Tuscan touch and precision The ravioli gnudi were to die for and the pasta con Tartuffo was literally out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent ExperienceJohnDined on 7/5/2014Maxwell and Marta are the hosts par excellence. We are guests in their contemporary Italian dining room designed with primary blacks and whites. The experience begins with Marta's warm and congenial greeting and from there they and their staff take you on the most memorable dining experience for the ages. Marta guides you through the fare, one delicious selection after another, beautifully balanced to your sensibilities and paired from they extensive wine offerings. The result is an incomparable dining journey, an opportunity for one of the most elegant and delicious evenings you won't soon forget. Bravo, bravo to Maxwell and Marta and gratitude from one of your most passionate fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit For FoodiesJanayTiarraFoodie4LifeDined on 6/21/2014I stumbled upon this restaurant on Open table and this was one of the best "Accidents" I've had! It was my birthday celebration dinner and I was looking for somewhere with a very sexy ambiance with delicious food as well (as I am a foodie). It's very small in the inside however very modern and sexy decor. They could turn up the background music a little bit (I felt like I had to whisper because of how quiet it was) but the the service was great!! The owner's wife is very hands-on and very attentive to our needs. She recommended excellent food choices, (eggplant for appetizer) (Spaghetti Carbonara and Lasagna for entrees) and everything was fresh and hand made! I will be back for more lasagna! Overall, I had a great birthday experience!Special Features:
- Flawless and fabulous as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Thank you Mara and chef for another spectacular evening. I come from San Francisco where there is no Italian restaurant that meets your standards. I hope to come again as soon as possible! Margaret CoyneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in BHmxpbuyVIPDined on 6/21/2014In a city that seemingly has more Italian restaurants per block than any city in Italy, Sfixio really stands out, and in our opinion is the easily the best amongst them all. The food is truly excellent with fresh made pasta and other ingredients. We will now bypass all the other restaurants and make Sfixio our new regular choice. Further, parking for this restaurant is easy in the ample public parking facility behind the restaurant that is far more convenient than any of the parking for restaurants along Canon.Special Features:
- Diners who order off the menuMacrobioticGirl1Dined on 6/19/2014I always order off the menu- being Vegan/Macrobiotic. Maximo- the Chef, makes vegan soups that are so wholesome and natural tasting. What I like about the Chef is that he is not rigid - when customers ask for things that are not on the menu. And he is easy to talk to about changes/requests. He even improvised on a salad dressing - now we call this our own special salad dressing that you can't find in any other restaurants. His skills are better than Bel Air, Peninsula, Andaz, Angeles, Shutters, Loews Hotel Restaurant Chefs.Special Features:
- Best Italian in LA!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2014This is the best Italian food I had in the US, and can easily compete with any restaurant in Italy. The pasta is made fresh daily, the service is incredible, and the restaurant is very cool. I stumbled on this place based on other OpenTable reviews and I will keep going back. The Sfixio people do not appear to be as good at marketing as the Drago brothers, but the food is certainly better.Special Features:
- One of the best!!!mdnah1VIPDined on 6/5/2014I've been going to Italian restaurants all of my life and feel, for the first time, that I've finally been to an authentic Italian restaurant. The owner/chef for the restaurant is from Florence, Italy and it is clear that he doesn't cook like the Americanized Italian restaurants that I've been to in this country. The food is cooked to perfection by hand each and every day and the freshness of everything is evident. (They don't have a freezer on the premises so all food is cooked fresh.) I ate the veal ravioli which was absolutely fantastic, perfectly seasoned and not overly creamy or heavy. I also had the panna cotta for dessert which was fantastic, light and not overly sweet. Do yourself a favor and take a chance like I did.Special Features:
- The following 190 reviews are from the Sfixio reviews archive.
- SpecialdinerVIPDined on 5/23/2014Now I can see why the reviews are consistently solid. Food is well prepared and prepared with the heart. Husband (chef) and wife (hostess) do all they can to ensure your enjoyment of the food and hospitality! Their signature dish with the "caviar" truffles is luscious! haven't had a dish like it in LA. We also enjoyed the artichoke salad - tender and the seasoning was well balanced. Plenty of meat and fish options, especially for a restaurant this size. All dishes have spot on Italian flavors and preparations.. not all that garlic like fashionable Italian "eateries". Trust the specials and/or let the host lead the way and you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great FoodEnjoyDined on 5/21/2014It was quiet the night we went which is a shame because the food is wonderful and the owners are talented and friendly. I would go back and recommend this restaurant to anyone. We made a wrong choice in the wine and the owner brought us a new bottle and did not charge for the one I selected. Very nice.Special Features:
- Best veal chop I have ever had!!!!Hunt4theBestDined on 5/17/2014Not sure how to rate this restaurant. We have both traveled and lived in Europe extensively and I have to say the veal chop I had at Sfixio was fabulous. The most tender I have ever had. But, the ambiance is difficult to describe. Is modern/interesting and understand where they are trying to go with it, but comes across a bit sterile. On the evening we were there, the guests were definitely an older crowd.
- Best Italian Restaurant in BHAbcdDined on 4/17/2014What an awesome place! Contemporary restaurant meets unbelievable italian cuisine. Definitely the best italian experience in Los Angeles. Great food, great service - lovely owners who really care about their customers. Rare find and we're happy we found it!Special Features:
- eat fell!!GratefulGregVIPDined on 4/13/2014If you would like to have one of the best meals of your life, go...RUN to sfixio. I have been to 117 countries and this is one of my favorite restaurant...Their truffle pasta is the best I have ever had...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentically fresh and deliciousMangiaVIPDined on 4/13/2014Believe everything they say about themselves on their web site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014We always have a great time here.We are regulars and we came with friends.They said it was amazing.The food in really fantastic and very different from other Italians that they are stuck with food that you can Honestly cook at home with a lot of canned tomato sauce and chicken dish with tomato sooo tired of americanized food.Here the chef is from Florence with an update cuisine that we love so much.The quality and presentation are unbeatable. the food is not precooked and not frozen.We had a big party for my birthday with a personalized menu.It was so much fun to see my guests dancing too.This place is fabulous for private large party.we had a Dj and it was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly UnexpectedJfalaDined on 3/29/2014Took a shot on this restaurant from other Open Table reviews, and was not disappointed. I don't eat in Beverly Hills often and was surprised/excited as soon as I walked in the door as the decor and ambiance are not typical for an Italian restaurant. Very modern and comfortable at the same time. We were greeted by the owner who treated us like old friends even though this was our first time there. The chef is the "hostesses" husband and both hail from Italy. The food is all made fresh that day, and with regards to the pasta, right after it is ordered. This is not an Americanized version of Italian food - no cream sauces and the food was tasty, hot, and light. Really enjoyed food and atmosphere - will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Restaurant I Will Call a FavoriteJodieDined on 3/15/2014This place is the best. The owners (and staff) were very attentive as to the service, food, and overall dining experience. A unique menu with cuisine of the highest echelon, a selective and different set of flavors, and just simply great from the appetizers all the way to the dessert. My fiance, who normally does not go for dessert, could not tear himself away from mine after he tried it. The same goes for our entrees, which we planned to split, but he loved his so much he could not stop and ate all of his and the majority of mine too. He has a bigger stomach so it worked out, but now you see why I got dessert! Normally he is very picky and fancies himself a foodie, and he was truly amazed at the quality as was I. We will be regulars here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't be any more authenticMickeyVIPDined on 3/12/2014We love Sfixio, what a wonderful Italian spot and probably the best in Beverly Hills. Everything is exceedingly fresh and the pasta is house made. Mara, the owner/hostess is an absolute doll. Don't miss their tomato soup and Caviar truffle pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was decent; odd serviceLuv2dineDined on 2/28/2014We had booked on open table a week prior and when we arrived the owner said well we have a large birthday party booked but we don't want to turn you away (they knew we had open table res); we were like whaaaatt? She said but we will have to put you upstairs (where there was 2 tables so we figured okay) someone waited on us who was clearly there as extra help for party becauE he knew nothing about the menu and service was terrible. The owner said that because they were cooking for the party our pasta would take awhile. Anyways, appetizer was good and pasta was fresh and tasty but I wouldn't rush back honestly as there are so Many other great restaurants more organized and attentive!
- Authentic Florentine cuisineHAZmanVIPDined on 2/21/2014Having just returned from Florence, I can attest that Sfixio's food is the real deal. Their Tagliata (sliced Florentine steak) is outstanding as are their fresh pastas. The restaurant is run by a delightful young Italian couple, with the wife running the front of the house and the husband manning the kitchen. The restaurant itself is attractive, but while everyone is friendly and helpful, it's unfortunate that even on a relatively slow night, the wait between courses was interminable and without explanation. We were told what the order of courses should be - and it made perfect sense - but things were not delivered as promised. So, go for the wonderful food and engaging staff, but be prepared for a long evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quality Italian RestaurantVernellDined on 2/20/2014I had a 30th birthday dinner at Sfixio and had a really good time. The restaurant is owned by a husband and wife. It has a very elegant interior. The owner called me several times prior to my dinner to make sure that everything was in order for my dinner. She was very sweet. I cannot remember any restaurant going out of their way to this extent to make sure that my guests and I were accommodated. The atmosphere was inviting yet intimate. The food was good and the pasta was made from scratch. The wife runs the restaurant while the husband is busy cooking in the kitchen. Every attendee was greeted with respect and appreciation when arriving and leaving the restaurant. I will definitely be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic italianLAvisitorVIPDined on 2/16/2014We found this restaurant on "Open Table" and saw it had great reviews so we decided to give it a try. We had a wonderful evening celebrating our daughter's 20th birthday. The food was excellent and the owner was very friendly and hospitible, and her husband is the excellent chef! She went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of properly and the food was so fresh! We each ordered something different and really enjoyed tasting each other's dinner. We also ordered different desserts which were equally amazing. The restaurant was beautiful and very comfortable. We will definitely be back the next time we are in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014I went to this Restaurant with my friends at 9 pm. We ate fresh salad, delicious pasta, and juicy steak with good wine. Our orders were what the staff recommended. Food and drink were very good and the staffs were very kind. We had a very nice time at the restaurant. However, what we have to be careful about is car parking. We visited the restaurant by a car and had a little difficulty in finding a street parking place because the restaurant is very popular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice dinner.JCCLACAVIPDined on 2/14/2014We split a pasta as an appetizer and each had veal, all very tasty. Dessert was delicious as well. It was a special Valentine's dinner, limited menu compared to usual. Service was a little slow, but friendly. Hostess stopped by our table a couple times to check on us. They do seem to really care about their guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst food everOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2014The food was worse than an armature could cook. Inedible and arrived after 45 Mins. The excuse the guy had one guy in the kitchen. This was when the restaurant was empty. Awful.