9737 Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sfixio.net/
- Phone: (310) 385-1800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Massimo Denaro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Great menu available for all your parties.
- Special Events: Available for Private Events. Call for details and to book your next event.
In 2014 we will be having Lounge nights here at SFIXIO! Stay tuned and follow us on facebook at facebook.com/sfixioitaliano and on instagram @sfixio. Cheers!
A word from Sfixio
Sfixio focuses on the most authentic Tuscan and Mediterranean cuisine, using only Italian ingredients imported from select Italian areas, to assure the best of Quality including as well an impressive selection of wines. The Menu is created by Chef/Owner Massimo Denaro from Florence. The Menu offers a perfect balance between the authentic Tuscan cuisine and a " Crudo" menu, the Italian style "sashimi" with fresh fish tartars and fish carpaccio creating a refined feel. There is NO FREEZER in this restaurant so everything is extremely fresh. The pasta is homemade and prepared at the moment, the fresh products are seasonal and organic focusing always on the the best quality for all the dishes. The decor is contemporary and romantic at the same time creating a sophisticated ambiance for a unique experience. A very private mezzanine is available for parties and banquets.Lunch Menu includes also an Italian Healthy Options Menu Low Calories Personalized Menu for catering and Parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Sfixio - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Sfixio reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)special occasion (20)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (12)notable wine list (12)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Just a word "awesome'OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014My family is from Naples, my wife and Dine the LA Italian Restaurant scene every Saturday Night. Sfixio is one of the BEST around...The Chief cooks with Passion & Pride, everything is made to order. My wife even called her Aunt in New York to tell about the Pasta with Caviar and Truffles. It was great. I'm from Chicago and we take Pride in our Italian Food and I'll tell you the Burrata was outstanding and my Steak was out of this world, I can't wait for Friends and Family to come out from Back East to bring them to Sfixio...my only regret was that I didn't find this place sooner..It's been there 3 1/2 years. Lastly, I take Pride in myself knowing great Italian Food and SFixio is in the TOP 3 in LA with Angelini Osteria and my 3rd is the next great one.............. Ciao..PasqualeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SFIXIO,,,,,,wow!!!!!CarolynDined on 11/12/2014A friend who enjoys Sfixio took myself and 2 other friends for my Birthday, The white chairs, walls. and overall beauty astounds immediately! Mara greeted us warmly and continued to treat us with her apparently usual gracious warmth! What a fascinating concept! No freezer because everything is fresh and oh my it was excellent! I cannot say enough about the made on the spot pasta and the fresh fish. We will return any time and many times! This restaurant is the real deal! The revolving art on the wall was more than unique! We couldn't tear our eyes off the beautiful showing and we could talk while we took in this display!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant, owner, chef, and wait staffBonnieDined on 11/8/2014I organized our high school reunion at Sfixio and Marla, the co-owner, was extremely helpful. We had a group of 25 and she offered to close out the restaurant for us. It really did make the event that much more special. I have never actually been to the restaurant before so when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised by the decor. What is amazing about Sfixio is that its run by Marla and her husband, he is Italian from Florence and he is the head chef of the restaurant. Surely, I don't need to say more about the quality of food that was served. Overall, Marla and her husband truly created a space that is fit for all occassions, whether it is for big groups, special occasions, or just a night out. I will definitely recommend this restaurant to all of my friends and I can't wait to go back next time when I am craving for some Florentine style cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is an experience to be enjoyedSHDL90210Dined on 10/28/2014I recognize Beverly Hills has many very good restaurants, however, this one has to be rated in the top of my list. This is the most gracious group of people of any restaurant I know. Their sole mission is to care for you. And they do! And then amazing things that come from the kitchen... WOW!!! Each dish is prepared fresh and comes full of flavor and elegance. We feel comfortable and special coming here, I do think it is a perfect restaurant for a romantic date. We can’t wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- See belowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014This was recommended by friends - boy, were they right. LOVED the truffle pasta & salmon. When we walked in, Mara greeted is w/ a smile as if we were "regulars" & it was our first time there. This little neighborhood gem is a real findSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!PrushanClanVIPDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I found this cute italian place by searching around for new places. Sadly, the place has been open for 3 years! And by sadly I mean because we JUST found it!!! We will definitely be going back. The chef's wife is the hostess and is simply the sweetest Italian woman you will ever meet. Her husband, the Chef prepares all the food by hand daily so you know you're getting the finest ingredients. The food itself, we think is the best Italian food in Los Angeles. Most top rated Italian places in LA are full of hype and not because the food is any good but this place, the food is great, the people are even better. We definitely plan on going back many many times!Special Features:
- Simply outstandingAlexDined on 10/22/2014It was my first time in this restaurant and the whole experience was outstanding from beggining to end. The restaurant is so quiet and beautifully designed that it grabs your attention at the first second. The owner, Mara, is incredibly sweet and won't hesitate to answer any question that you may have with the food. I had the calamari and the truffle pasta, which is arguably the best pasta that I've ever had in my life, it's their signature dish and you wouldn't have a complete experience of the restaurant if you don't try it. The coffee is another thing to consider, as it's imported from Italy and tastes like coffee should taste, not colored water, a thing that Europeans may appreciate. I loved everything about the dinner and will repeat!Special Features:
- Tasty Italian, impeccable serviceBirdyDined on 10/19/2014Very authentic food and everything was fresh. The service was great and the chef even came out to say hello!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisarrayCTAndersonDined on 10/18/2014We went for dinner, with reservations. We were shown a small table (for 3) near a window, and soon another 2 were seated uncomfortably close to us. It is a small place, so ... no biggie. We ordered. We waited. Prosecco came for 2 of us. Cocktail for our #3 came some 15 minutes later ... with ice mostly melted. Two of us ordered branzino. One ordered rib eye. 20 minutes later, the waiter brings out the two whole branzino for us to see, before they are filleted. They are cooked! I am not sure what the point was at this point, but my experience is that whole fish are presented prior to cooking! The fish go back. 30 minutes go by. The fish are served to us ... and 5 minutes later, the rib eye ... sliced ... is served as well.
- Ubievable serviceOctoberDined on 10/17/2014Anniversary night out could not have been better. Incredible, friendly service from the first minute plus out of this world entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousNanaVIPDined on 10/12/2014My us and I are foodies and have settled for a handful of restaurants in the city that offer fresh, consistent, gourmet food. Sfixio has been added to that list. The food is fantastic (notable dishes: beef carpaccio, artichoke salad and fish ravioli), fresh and, as all t he reviews confirmed, the pasta is made freshly and is superb. Mara (chef Massimo's wife) is very hospitable, warm and gracious. We will definitely be back many many times. I highly recommend this place and want to try everything on the menu over the next visits.Special Features:
- Buonissimo !PaoloBOVIPDined on 10/10/2014I went with a friend, the food was very good, perfectly prepared, we tried a few appetizer, the pasta signature dish, the tagliata and the Branzino, all was great, even better than many famous Italian restaurants in Italy. I will come back very soon.Special Features:
- Everything was fabulousDawnDined on 10/4/2014We had 8 people in our dinner party and there was not a speck of food left on anyone's plate. The dinner was delicious, the service was unbeatable and the prices could have been at least doubled for the value we received. I would highly recommend Sfixio to everyone! I will be back!Special Features:
- Superb Italian CuisineDonLADined on 10/1/2014My wife and I have eaten here three times. Each has been terrific. The patron is greeted and served by the chef's wife who is gracious, informative and friendly. The food is all prepared from fresh ingredients and tastes it. The pasta especially should not be missed. Hand-made, it melts in your mouth. The decor is modern and chic. A delightful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT SURE WHAT THE FUSS IS ALL ABOUTJeanneVIPDined on 9/26/2014From the moment we arrived, which took the owners wife-serves as hostess-more than 4 minutes to greet us (the place has 15 small that are too close to others & 4 employees including the chef, wife/hostess/server, a cook and someone who did double duty at the bar,serving and all other things)...we wanted a certain table, but it was 'set' for 3 (we were 2), so we were SQUEEZED in between two other couples (one nice - the other, the guy, well, every other word was the F-word - sooooo immature and unpleasant- and the 'set' table for 3 was a NO SHOW to boot. The food was really so-so and we were NOT impressed at all. Skimpy portions and flat tastes & overall very disappointing. Won't even give this place a 2nd chance!
- Best Italian East of Manhattan!CettsVIPDined on 9/25/2014This is a beautifully decorated restaurant which offers extremely fresh and authentic Italian food. All of the food is made from scratch and expertly prepared. The restaurant is run by a husband and wife team who are very gracious and accommodating. The white tables and chairs mixed with the lighting make for a very elegant ambiance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Very different italian food in a good healthy way. Good wine from ItalySpecial Features:
- OutstandingInlovewithfoodVIPDined on 9/5/2014if you want outstanding authentic Italian cuisine than this is the place to go to. I had the Burrata salad as an appetizer and my boyfriend had the caviar truffle beef tartar. My Buratta was fresh and yummy and he LOVED his beef tartar. for the main course I went for the CAVIAR TRUFFLE PASTA... you have to try it...absolutely amazing!!!! My bf got the Gnocchi ragu and he loved it too but he loved my pasta even more. The owner was the one who served us and she was super sweet and nice. Will definitely be back and I recommended the place to all my friends already. Great food and great service!Special Features:
- Sfixio - A Fix for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014The best Italian food west of Manhattan. I love the other two world class Italian eateries in LA, but this is the best of both and better. Chic and sophisticated - white walls on white leather and white fabric - each plate arrives in front of you a work of artistry. The charming couple who operate Sfixio make you feel welcome, comfortable and appreciated. He is from Milan and is head chef. She is from Florence and runs the front of house and insures the high style and elegance are equally balanced with personal attention and care.Special Features:
- A top Italian in Beverly Hills!itsthefoodVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was the best Italian food we have had in Los Angeles area. The veal piccata was the real thin provini veal and was served with delicious pasta. Other dishes were all great. The husband and wife owners were welcoming and charming. Nice bar in the front. Modern decor with good spacing between tables. Overall, a real winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calling all FoodiesLoLoPaperTreatsVIPDined on 8/28/2014If you want to feel like you're back in Italy...GO!!!!! The hostess and her husband who run the restaurant are lovely and friendly and from Italy. The food is never frozen and organic and freaking deliscious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDBL54Dined on 8/20/2014A wonderful find and an unexpected oasis among all the hustle and bustle of Beverly Hills. The food was outstanding and the husband/wife chef and hostess team made our evening particularly enjoyable.Special Features:
- Stellar once againdinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Notice the consistent ratings. That's very unusual in this town. We returned back and were delighted once again. Massimo and Mara are such delights. They make you feel like you are dining in their own home. They are so hospitable and want to make sure you are satisfied. The food is so good. I dream about their specialty pasta with truffle "caviar". The fish is always so fresh and prepared with a tender touch. I'm just shocked that this restaurant isn't exploding with business. For now, it remains a secret date night spot, where me and my husband can have a slow, wonderful meal, and have conversation as the noise level is just enough to allow for a bit of background music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful find in our hoodhealthyfoodieVIPDined on 8/12/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The lovely and hospitable husband and wife team bring a much needed and appreciated authentic Italian restaurant that prides itself on fresh, organic and wild ingredients. NOTHING is frozen, in fact, they don't have a freezer. We will happily keep this place in our rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Branzino Since Porto VeneremollyjVIPDined on 8/11/2014Took a chance and stopped in for dinner on a Monday, always the slowest night... and wow. This was one of the best Italian meals I've had in LA. The branzino was superb - haven't had the equal of it since Porto Venere (base of Cinque Terra) a few years ago - grilled to perfection. Everything was wonderful. Panna cotta velvety smooth but somehow convincingly handmade, and the artichoke salad was beautiful - small shavings of artichoke with parmesan and lemon and olive oil, and arugala and a few cherry tomatoes on the side. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Lovely NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014Chose a random Tuesday to try this spot out and couldn't have been more pleased. The boyfriend and I had a great, quiet and romantic evening made even better by the spectacular food and outstanding service. The veal chop was to die for, melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness. We'll definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 203 reviews are from the Sfixio reviews archive.
- Italian Fare at Its LA BestFoodWineChickieVIPDined on 7/25/2014When in Los Angeles, make a point of visiting husband and wife duo Massimo Denaro and Mara Sampo. If you think an authentic, beautifully-prepared Italian meal can’t be found outside of Milan, Florence or Rome, you’ll feel differently after Sfixio. Must haves: Burrate salad, pasta with truffle and caviar in light cream sauce and the gorgeous olive oil with bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/16/2014Our dinner at Sfixio was terrific. The restaurant is owned by Massimo, from Florence and Mara, from Milan. Mara was warm, welcoming and charming. She handles the dining room as though one is a guest at her dining table in her home. Massimo, the chef is a delightful and very talented chef. He is creative and sensitive in his cooking and the meal not only tastes delicious but is a work of art in presentation. I really like the decor, simple and elegant and very comfortable. We will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Real FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/15/2014An Italian version of the classic husband in the kitchen, wife in the front, bistro. The food is handmade, light and super flavorful. The veal shank was amazing. The room is a bit stark for my taste, and I'd call it eclectic rather than romantic. Doesn't really matter, though...come for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian at its best!IssieDined on 7/12/2014We went to Sfixio last Saturday evening. First time for us, a group of 12. Not only was the owner/hostess delightfully friendly and accommodating and the owner/chef a master in the kitchen, but the place itself is beautiful! Modern, edgy decor, completely at home in Weho. The food was absolutely delicious! It's rare to find excellent Italian food. Sfixio delivers! The grilled Branzino was moist and flavorful, not "fussy"! The beef carpaccio was fresh and served the true Italian way. I had the pasta with truffle "caviar" (tiny grains of truffle in a creamy sauce) and my mouth is watering just thinking about it! Epic!!! Everyone on the staff was extremely friendly. Definitly a MUST try if you enjoy perfect Italian food. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Food Lovely AmbiencemarcoamicoVIPDined on 7/11/2014We just returned home from our fabulous meal at Sfixio - a perfect evening. From a gracious and warm greeting to a lovely send-off, each detail of the evening was delivered with perfection and refined elegance. The setting is relaxing, light and elegant. And as for the food - a truly exquisite set of dishes based exclusively on the freshest ingredients and prepared with true Tuscan touch and precision The ravioli gnudi were to die for and the pasta con Tartuffo was literally out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent ExperienceJohnDined on 7/5/2014Maxwell and Marta are the hosts par excellence. We are guests in their contemporary Italian dining room designed with primary blacks and whites. The experience begins with Marta's warm and congenial greeting and from there they and their staff take you on the most memorable dining experience for the ages. Marta guides you through the fare, one delicious selection after another, beautifully balanced to your sensibilities and paired from they extensive wine offerings. The result is an incomparable dining journey, an opportunity for one of the most elegant and delicious evenings you won't soon forget. Bravo, bravo to Maxwell and Marta and gratitude from one of your most passionate fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit For FoodiesJanayTiarraFoodie4LifeDined on 6/21/2014I stumbled upon this restaurant on Open table and this was one of the best "Accidents" I've had! It was my birthday celebration dinner and I was looking for somewhere with a very sexy ambiance with delicious food as well (as I am a foodie). It's very small in the inside however very modern and sexy decor. They could turn up the background music a little bit (I felt like I had to whisper because of how quiet it was) but the the service was great!! The owner's wife is very hands-on and very attentive to our needs. She recommended excellent food choices, (eggplant for appetizer) (Spaghetti Carbonara and Lasagna for entrees) and everything was fresh and hand made! I will be back for more lasagna! Overall, I had a great birthday experience!Special Features:
- Flawless and fabulous as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Thank you Mara and chef for another spectacular evening. I come from San Francisco where there is no Italian restaurant that meets your standards. I hope to come again as soon as possible! Margaret CoyneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in BHmxpbuyVIPDined on 6/21/2014In a city that seemingly has more Italian restaurants per block than any city in Italy, Sfixio really stands out, and in our opinion is the easily the best amongst them all. The food is truly excellent with fresh made pasta and other ingredients. We will now bypass all the other restaurants and make Sfixio our new regular choice. Further, parking for this restaurant is easy in the ample public parking facility behind the restaurant that is far more convenient than any of the parking for restaurants along Canon.Special Features:
- Diners who order off the menuMacrobioticGirl1Dined on 6/19/2014I always order off the menu- being Vegan/Macrobiotic. Maximo- the Chef, makes vegan soups that are so wholesome and natural tasting. What I like about the Chef is that he is not rigid - when customers ask for things that are not on the menu. And he is easy to talk to about changes/requests. He even improvised on a salad dressing - now we call this our own special salad dressing that you can't find in any other restaurants. His skills are better than Bel Air, Peninsula, Andaz, Angeles, Shutters, Loews Hotel Restaurant Chefs.Special Features:
- Best Italian in LA!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2014This is the best Italian food I had in the US, and can easily compete with any restaurant in Italy. The pasta is made fresh daily, the service is incredible, and the restaurant is very cool. I stumbled on this place based on other OpenTable reviews and I will keep going back. The Sfixio people do not appear to be as good at marketing as the Drago brothers, but the food is certainly better.Special Features:
- One of the best!!!mdnah1VIPDined on 6/5/2014I've been going to Italian restaurants all of my life and feel, for the first time, that I've finally been to an authentic Italian restaurant. The owner/chef for the restaurant is from Florence, Italy and it is clear that he doesn't cook like the Americanized Italian restaurants that I've been to in this country. The food is cooked to perfection by hand each and every day and the freshness of everything is evident. (They don't have a freezer on the premises so all food is cooked fresh.) I ate the veal ravioli which was absolutely fantastic, perfectly seasoned and not overly creamy or heavy. I also had the panna cotta for dessert which was fantastic, light and not overly sweet. Do yourself a favor and take a chance like I did.Special Features:
- SpecialdinerVIPDined on 5/23/2014Now I can see why the reviews are consistently solid. Food is well prepared and prepared with the heart. Husband (chef) and wife (hostess) do all they can to ensure your enjoyment of the food and hospitality! Their signature dish with the "caviar" truffles is luscious! haven't had a dish like it in LA. We also enjoyed the artichoke salad - tender and the seasoning was well balanced. Plenty of meat and fish options, especially for a restaurant this size. All dishes have spot on Italian flavors and preparations.. not all that garlic like fashionable Italian "eateries". Trust the specials and/or let the host lead the way and you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great FoodEnjoyDined on 5/21/2014It was quiet the night we went which is a shame because the food is wonderful and the owners are talented and friendly. I would go back and recommend this restaurant to anyone. We made a wrong choice in the wine and the owner brought us a new bottle and did not charge for the one I selected. Very nice.Special Features: