Seviche A Latin Restaurant - Highlands
1538 Bardstown Road
Louisville, KY 40205Neighborhood:
Highlands - Bardstown Rd / Taylorsville Rd
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seviche A Latin Restaurant - Highlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sevicherestaurant.com/
- Phone: (502) 473-8560
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Lamas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private Dining Room can accomodate up to 60 people. Fully A/V equipped. Contact Madeline Doolittle email@example.com for more information.
A word from Seviche A Latin Restaurant - Highlands
Seviche is Nuevo Latino, an eclectic mix of the traditional flavors of Latin American cuisine and its influences infused into new contemporary dishes. Our chef creates new exciting flavorful dishes based on his heritage and formal training. Chef Anthony Lamas has received national acclaim, John Mariani of Esquire Magazine exclaims "Seviche has emerged as one of America's best and most innovative Nuevo Latino-style restaurants, with plenty of the chef's personality packed into every dish." Seviche has received 4 stars from local food critics and continues to be a stand out among Louisville's top independent restaurants. We have just completed an extensive renovation and expansion. New features include updated bar area, cocktail lounge, state of the art restrooms and 60 person private dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Seviche A Latin Restaurant - Highlands - Best Restaurants in Highlands - Bardstown Rd / Taylorsville Rd ›
Seviche A Latin Restaurant - Highlands reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (109)special occasion (77)neighborhood gem (69)hot spot (59)great for outdoor dining (57)romantic (47)vibrant bar scene (43)good for groups (41)notable wine list (32)late-night find (12)scenic view (8)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Expected BetterWDE35Dined on 11/15/2014Seated in the bar area, which was noisy. Ordered three different ceviches, which cost over $30; one was shareable; the others consisted of three pieces of quarter size and thickness medallions of fish. Tiny portions of main courses as well. Will go back when the memory of this dinner fades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fine service and funEatingtoomuchDined on 11/1/2014The food was tasty, and the seviche, which was new to me, was tangy and tender. I had the grouper entree, which was excellent, good cabernet from Kentucky, believe it or not, and the avocado ice cream. It was all served efficiently and with good will and the patience to explain all the dishes that were new to us. It made for a memorable, 40th anniversary for us, and I am eager to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/31/2014Always a good stop for dining. Food and service are top notch.Special Features:
- WASN'T THEIR BESTfridayniteoutVIPDined on 10/24/2014We had service issues and my skirt steak was less than perfect. When we ordered we asked not to be rushed and our server assured us he would not place our entree order until we finished our first course. Well our entree arrived before the appetizer was finished and a steak knife showed up about a third of the way through my steak. We had retained the wine list and told our waiter we would probably order a glass of wine with dinner. He never came back to get our order. On the bright side, my calamari was excellent and my wife's dishes were as well. We have eaten at Seviche a number of times and have been very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seviche is a great restarauntCoreyt14Dined on 10/17/2014Scallops were good, the avocado desert was great. Pumpkin beer was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingLvilleLadyDined on 10/12/2014We love Seviche because everything is superb - the food, the wait staff, the wines. We don't eat out often so, when we do, we want it to be top notch and that's what we find at Seviche. My favorites are the guacamole and the crab seviche because, by sharing the guac which is prepared table side (we like all the additions), if I order the light crab seviche, I can allow myself one of their beautiful desserts! This is an outstanding restaurant!Special Features:
- A treat!KatieBVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was our return visit to Seviche. We don't live in Louisville, so our visits have been two years apart. However, we were very pleased by the quality of the food and the service. It did not fail to delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJrhoDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed our meal there and have never had a bad dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014Every dish we ordered was delicious and also beautifully arranged on the plates. Wonderful service by all of the staff we encountered. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazing!KYGirlDined on 10/1/2014Love Seviche. It's one of those places that just always delivers fantastic and delicious food while using fresh ingredients and surprising flavors that excite but do not overwhelm the palate. You'll never go wrong here.Special Features:
- ElozirusDined on 9/29/2014Great place. Food taste authentic and great wine selection. Just be ready to bring enough cash cus it's pricySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!HighlandsDinerDined on 9/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The kale salad was unique and tasty. The grouper and crab cigar was perfectly seasoned and a real treat. The avocado ice cream is an absolute must-try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat...Luv2DineLouisvilleDined on 9/26/2014Try the "Tuna Old Fashioned" seviche cocktail, spicy but very special. The entree ADOBO BLACKENED PACIFIC SWORDFISH was fabulous!Special Features:
- Great FoodLlovesBDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed the peppers which is a seasonal dish and offers a variety of peppers that are grilled and served just a touch of sea salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites in LouisvilleNancyhzDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant is sure to please the taste buds every time. It's a roller coaster of flavor that leaves you thinking of your meal and experience for days/weeks after. We have always had a server that has been attentive and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG!TenniscowgirlVIPDined on 9/16/2014I always check Trip Advisor for restaurants in cities we are traveling to. Seviche was such a great find. The food was amazing and service outstanding! You can not go wrong here. The food may have even been better than Jaguar in Coconut Grove, Florida.Special Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Every experience tops the previous visit. The food is superb, as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25725Dined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed our dinner - exceelent service, interesting tastes. We will be back.Special Features:
- A+ DiningRedsweet13Dined on 9/10/2014I enjoyed my entire experience. From the service to the food...Absolutely Devine!Special Features:
- outstandinghappyDined on 9/10/2014one of the best restaurant's in Louisville the waitress was great the food outstanding not the first time there and won't be the lastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummmmmm!KarenVIPDined on 9/6/2014Everything we had was wonderful! Bison empinadas to start were excellent - especially with the relish that came with them. I had the salmon with black lentils and sweet peppers and goat cheese --- loved the grilled flavor of the salmon and it was cooked perfectly. My husband got the swordfish which he described as the best he's ever had! The food could not have been better --- the waitress could have been more friendly, but with all the other helpers running around with water or tea it wasn't a problem, just a little odd.Special Features:
- Picking what's best.JohnDJrVIPDined on 8/31/2014What's best about Seviche? Hard to pick. Service was terrific (Thanks Aaron). Food was perfectly prepared and sumptuous. Ambiance was great. Great place to people watch! Overall superb in every aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!kappak7Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent food, I love nearly everything on this menu. It is a bit pricey so keep that in mind, yet for special occasions it's hard to beat this place.Special Features:
- Memorable & deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Our Chicago friends were blown away by the food that the next day were still taking about their dinner at Seviche. It is totally understandable why Anthony Llamas and his staff at Seviche are getting so much attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alway AmazingSea2scapeDined on 8/23/2014Seviche never disappoints! We had a great table by the window and to start enjoyed nice size martinis. The latin infused oysters rockefeller was refreshing and fun. Watching our waistlines we opted for the healthy spinach salad and Halibut w/Cigar entree. Just the perfect dinner- again! Looking forward to seeing Anthony Lamas new cookbook.Special Features:
- Super timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Met with friends, 3 omnivores and and 1 vegan in total. Our vegan was easily accommodated without having just grilled vegetables as an option. Nice cocktail list, decent variety of bourbons. Guacamole was made to order, spice level personalized. Everyone raved about their entrees and main courses. Portion sizes were sufficient being neither micro-trendy nor let's-make-Americans-obese. It is a loud restaurant, even if one is sitting on the far side of the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply The BestLuv2dineDined on 8/20/2014A wonderful unique dining experience evertime! Drive up and a friendly valet parks your car for free! (Give that Dude a nice tip) The reception at the front desk is service with a smile. The bar is tough to leave an go to your table very cool! About the food awesome every time. Go Run Walk ...Hot Spot Do Not Miss This Experience. Ok? Luv2dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeHerseyDined on 8/19/2014My son's favorite! He and my husband Always gets the skirt steak and the empanadas for an appitizer I get the vegetarian. This time the food was even better than normal except the special appetizer of roasted peppers. Terrible ! I don't know why they would put them on the menu. No flavor at all. They don't tell you which are hot or mild. I would have given 5 stars if the peppers were decent and the service was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find for travelersWilson222Dined on 8/17/2014We were at the convention center for a meeting. It was great to get out of downtown and have a truly memorable meal. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!KateVIPDined on 8/17/2014Great seafood especially. Great services and nice window seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SevicheCaseyDined on 8/16/2014Executive Chef Anthony Lamas has one of the crown jewels of Louisville dining. Food, service and experience is always 10 out of 10. If I only have one opportunity to showcase Louisville dining to an out-of-town guest, I'm taking them to Seviche.Special Features:
- ScottyDined on 8/15/2014my swordfish came out burnt and it took about 1 hr for my food to come out. And other groups that came me after me got their food first.Special Features:
- Great service!2lovebirdsDined on 8/15/2014They went out of their way and brought out and set up another table for two outside. Scallops were absolutely devine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Seviche and Louisville suprised me the variety and quality of food options! Seviche was recommended to us via another coworker and it didn't fail to satisfy us. To drink, I got the 2xIPA, which although based in NYC, I hadn't seen offered out in NYC. The double IPA was the perfect way to start the evening dinner. With our group, we decided to order table apps. We got the seviche tasting which offering a variety of options including chicken empanadas, tuna tartar, etc. For dinner, I had the mahi mahi tacos, which came with cabbage, pico de gallo and lime aoli. The mahi mahi was tender, perfectly seasoned and portioned appropriately for dinner!Special Features:
- Always exceptional!PoppyVIPDined on 8/11/2014We dine here often and they always exceed our expectations. Anthony Lamas, the owner and chef, has it right on all counts. His ability to hire great staff strongly supports everything else he does. Don't miss this exceptional restaurant!Special Features:
- Always perfect.ctwiggyDined on 8/10/2014From delicious wine to the best pisco sour in town to a succulent skirt steak and spicy caesar salad, this place is the my favorite restaurant in town. We always have great service and run into our neighborhood friends. Great for drinks and apps at the bar or a romantic special occasion dinner. And don't forget - half-priced bottles of wine on Sundays! FIVE STARS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!GJA42Dined on 8/9/2014Outstanding evening...great table, server, and food was spectacular...Special Features:
- Serivche for SevicheSeviche4SevicheVIPDined on 8/7/2014Seviche NEVER disappoints! The food is incredible, the atmosphere is great for a business dinner or a romantic dinner. Highly Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with the bossmaverickdesDined on 8/6/2014I had some clients in from CA last week and took them and their wives to Seviche's for dinner. All are avid fans of seviche and couldn't stop complimenting the food at Seviche's. In fact both said it was better seviche than what they get in San Fransico and made a point of seeking out the owner before leaving to congratulate him. The only complaint I have is the noise level. It was very hard to carry on a conversation with people across the table. Other than that, all good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeCDC1Dined on 8/5/2014Out of town friends were here for the PGA tourney so we went to a great place that always succeeds in being outstanding.Special Features: