Seviche A Latin Restaurant - Highlands
1538 Bardstown Road
Louisville, KY 40205Neighborhood:
Highlands - Bardstown Rd / Taylorsville Rd
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seviche A Latin Restaurant - Highlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sevicherestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5024738560
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Lamas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private Dining Room can accomodate up to 60 people. Fully A/V equipped. Contact Madeline Doolittle firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A word from Seviche A Latin Restaurant - Highlands
Seviche is Nuevo Latino, an eclectic mix of the traditional flavors of Latin American cuisine and its influences infused into new contemporary dishes. Our chef creates new exciting flavorful dishes based on his heritage and formal training. Chef Anthony Lamas has received national acclaim, John Mariani of Esquire Magazine exclaims "Seviche has emerged as one of America's best and most innovative Nuevo Latino-style restaurants, with plenty of the chef's personality packed into every dish." Seviche has received 4 stars from local food critics and continues to be a stand out among Louisville's top independent restaurants. We have just completed an extensive renovation and expansion. New features include updated bar area, cocktail lounge, state of the art restrooms and 60 person private dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Seviche A Latin Restaurant - Highlands - Best Restaurants in Highlands - Bardstown Rd / Taylorsville Rd ›
Seviche A Latin Restaurant - Highlands reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (112)special occasion (82)great for outdoor dining (70)neighborhood gem (65)hot spot (52)romantic (51)vibrant bar scene (46)good for groups (42)notable wine list (32)late-night find (15)scenic view (14)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed the peppers which is a seasonal dish and offers a variety of peppers that are grilled and served just a touch of sea salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites in LouisvilleNancyhzDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant is sure to please the taste buds every time. It's a roller coaster of flavor that leaves you thinking of your meal and experience for days/weeks after. We have always had a server that has been attentive and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Every experience tops the previous visit. The food is superb, as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25725Dined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed our dinner - exceelent service, interesting tastes. We will be back.Special Features:
- A+ DiningRedsweet13Dined on 9/10/2014I enjoyed my entire experience. From the service to the food...Absolutely Devine!Special Features:
- outstandinghappyDined on 9/10/2014one of the best restaurant's in Louisville the waitress was great the food outstanding not the first time there and won't be the lastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummmmmm!KarenVIPDined on 9/6/2014Everything we had was wonderful! Bison empinadas to start were excellent - especially with the relish that came with them. I had the salmon with black lentils and sweet peppers and goat cheese --- loved the grilled flavor of the salmon and it was cooked perfectly. My husband got the swordfish which he described as the best he's ever had! The food could not have been better --- the waitress could have been more friendly, but with all the other helpers running around with water or tea it wasn't a problem, just a little odd.Special Features:
- Picking what's best.JohnDJrVIPDined on 8/31/2014What's best about Seviche? Hard to pick. Service was terrific (Thanks Aaron). Food was perfectly prepared and sumptuous. Ambiance was great. Great place to people watch! Overall superb in every aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!kappak7Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent food, I love nearly everything on this menu. It is a bit pricey so keep that in mind, yet for special occasions it's hard to beat this place.Special Features:
- Memorable & deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Our Chicago friends were blown away by the food that the next day were still taking about their dinner at Seviche. It is totally understandable why Anthony Llamas and his staff at Seviche are getting so much attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alway AmazingSea2scapeDined on 8/23/2014Seviche never disappoints! We had a great table by the window and to start enjoyed nice size martinis. The latin infused oysters rockefeller was refreshing and fun. Watching our waistlines we opted for the healthy spinach salad and Halibut w/Cigar entree. Just the perfect dinner- again! Looking forward to seeing Anthony Lamas new cookbook.Special Features:
- Super timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Met with friends, 3 omnivores and and 1 vegan in total. Our vegan was easily accommodated without having just grilled vegetables as an option. Nice cocktail list, decent variety of bourbons. Guacamole was made to order, spice level personalized. Everyone raved about their entrees and main courses. Portion sizes were sufficient being neither micro-trendy nor let's-make-Americans-obese. It is a loud restaurant, even if one is sitting on the far side of the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply The BestLuv2dineDined on 8/20/2014A wonderful unique dining experience evertime! Drive up and a friendly valet parks your car for free! (Give that Dude a nice tip) The reception at the front desk is service with a smile. The bar is tough to leave an go to your table very cool! About the food awesome every time. Go Run Walk ...Hot Spot Do Not Miss This Experience. Ok? Luv2dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeHerseyDined on 8/19/2014My son's favorite! He and my husband Always gets the skirt steak and the empanadas for an appitizer I get the vegetarian. This time the food was even better than normal except the special appetizer of roasted peppers. Terrible ! I don't know why they would put them on the menu. No flavor at all. They don't tell you which are hot or mild. I would have given 5 stars if the peppers were decent and the service was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find for travelersWilson222Dined on 8/17/2014We were at the convention center for a meeting. It was great to get out of downtown and have a truly memorable meal. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!KateVIPDined on 8/17/2014Great seafood especially. Great services and nice window seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SevicheCaseyDined on 8/16/2014Executive Chef Anthony Lamas has one of the crown jewels of Louisville dining. Food, service and experience is always 10 out of 10. If I only have one opportunity to showcase Louisville dining to an out-of-town guest, I'm taking them to Seviche.Special Features:
- ScottyDined on 8/15/2014my swordfish came out burnt and it took about 1 hr for my food to come out. And other groups that came me after me got their food first.Special Features:
- Great service!2lovebirdsDined on 8/15/2014They went out of their way and brought out and set up another table for two outside. Scallops were absolutely devine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Seviche and Louisville suprised me the variety and quality of food options! Seviche was recommended to us via another coworker and it didn't fail to satisfy us. To drink, I got the 2xIPA, which although based in NYC, I hadn't seen offered out in NYC. The double IPA was the perfect way to start the evening dinner. With our group, we decided to order table apps. We got the seviche tasting which offering a variety of options including chicken empanadas, tuna tartar, etc. For dinner, I had the mahi mahi tacos, which came with cabbage, pico de gallo and lime aoli. The mahi mahi was tender, perfectly seasoned and portioned appropriately for dinner!Special Features:
- Always exceptional!PoppyVIPDined on 8/11/2014We dine here often and they always exceed our expectations. Anthony Lamas, the owner and chef, has it right on all counts. His ability to hire great staff strongly supports everything else he does. Don't miss this exceptional restaurant!Special Features:
- Always perfect.ctwiggyDined on 8/10/2014From delicious wine to the best pisco sour in town to a succulent skirt steak and spicy caesar salad, this place is the my favorite restaurant in town. We always have great service and run into our neighborhood friends. Great for drinks and apps at the bar or a romantic special occasion dinner. And don't forget - half-priced bottles of wine on Sundays! FIVE STARS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!GJA42Dined on 8/9/2014Outstanding evening...great table, server, and food was spectacular...Special Features:
- Serivche for SevicheSeviche4SevicheVIPDined on 8/7/2014Seviche NEVER disappoints! The food is incredible, the atmosphere is great for a business dinner or a romantic dinner. Highly Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with the bossmaverickdesDined on 8/6/2014I had some clients in from CA last week and took them and their wives to Seviche's for dinner. All are avid fans of seviche and couldn't stop complimenting the food at Seviche's. In fact both said it was better seviche than what they get in San Fransico and made a point of seeking out the owner before leaving to congratulate him. The only complaint I have is the noise level. It was very hard to carry on a conversation with people across the table. Other than that, all good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeCDC1Dined on 8/5/2014Out of town friends were here for the PGA tourney so we went to a great place that always succeeds in being outstanding.Special Features:
- WOW SO GoodSea2scapeDined on 8/4/2014Our table all shared the fresh wonderful guacamole and then all ordered the Halibut. It was perfectly cooked and the flavors impeccable. We always bring guests to Seviche so they can experience memorable superb meal out in Louisville. The meal was finished with the corn ice cream with pepita brittle. Easy to try something unique and different at Seviche - it always works.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent execution by kitchenuhyushgkjbsakjgvbsakjbgkjVIPDined on 8/3/2014Fantastic food, excellent execution by the kitchen. Some fabulous stuff here, highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsMelOnWheelsVIPDined on 8/2/2014a classic local favorite, deserving of all the accolades given it. the food never disappoints. knowledgeable wait staff. always nearly perfect.Special Features:
- Best in Louisville.SsminnowsVIPDined on 8/1/2014Simply the best restaurant in the city of Louisville.Special Features:
- reservationKielDined on 8/1/2014Once we were seated the experience was great. Great bar tenders, waiters and food. The reservations people and initial seating sucked. They were over booked and tried to stuff us in a dark back room with large parties. So I waited at the bar for the rest of my party while they got another table ready then left me at the bar and sat the rest of my party at the same table in the dark back room. Over all the restaurant is awesome. I eat here all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/19/2014Seviche remains consistently a great place for dining with great food and atmosphere. Always high on our list of places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super dinner for 6waitingforeturnDined on 7/19/20142 vegetarians… 2 teens… 2 who will eat everything and all foodies.! A couple of 'fancy' drinks, a seviche tasting, appetisers…entrees and 4 deserts, all really good.Special Features:
- Always amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014We've been to Seviche several times and always have a great time. Food is incredible and fun atmosphere. Get the oyster shooters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHEESHDined on 7/12/2014we celebrated a birthday with friends. staff accomodated our request eat outside. overall was a wonderful experience. have been here several timesSpecial Features:
- Fabulous foodVictoriaVIPDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is definitely a Louisville gem. The food is beautifully prepared and elegantly presented. It is well worth the price, which is relatively high. A note about the excellent service: one of my dinner companions found a hair on the lemon that accompanied her bison empanadas. Not only did our server take the plate back, but he also served her a complimentary bowl of gazpacho for her to savor while waiting for the replacement appetizer. The new, piping hot empanadas came in pretty good order. We also got several apologies from our server, the maitre d', and others. This kind of response is evidence of a very professionally run restaurant. Nextg time I visit my kids, I will take them out to dinner here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Great experience...service was awesome...recommendations were good. Food was very good. However I think the food was pretty far overpriced. Bill for 2 (2 entrees with salad, 1 app to share, 4 drinks) was $170.Special Features:
- Place to celebrateMaryDined on 7/10/2014Had a special dinner to celebrate my friend's birthday. We both enjoyed it and will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drrnwdrrnwDined on 7/7/2014Seviche is one of my favorite restaurants, and In Louisville there are so many good places to eat. Aside from the level of volume of the music it was an excellent experience. The manager did turn the volume down a bit, it was blasting before I requested that the volume be reduced. Cauliflower salad was just the treat for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best...LercaraFriddiDined on 7/5/2014Hadn't been back to Seviche in several months & had a chance to go with some friends just moving back into town. Awesome experience. Great service the entire stay - bartenders, host/hostess & server - all top notch, extremely accommodating & helpful. We tried as much as we could - guacamole, seviche, drink specials... all lights out. I went with my fav (and recommended to my friend) - the skirt steak, Churrascos De Argentina, w extra chimichurri (I've actually ordered a quart of this stuff to go before, it's that good...). The girls both had the Macadamia Crusted Pacific Halibut - also excellent. All in all perfect experience. Anthony has built this place into one of the most superior eateries in the entire region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.