1993 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd.
Annapolis, MD 21409Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.severninn.com/
- Phone: (410) 349-4000
- Hours of Operation:
BUFFET BRUNCH ONLY Sunday's 10 am until 2 pm
Menu Service begins on Sunday's at 2:30 pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Closed on Monday's in January, February and March
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lounge Open Daily from 11:30 am/10am on Sunday's to 10pm/11pm Friday & Saturday
Pub Menu begins at 2:30 pm daily
Happy Hour 4:00pm to 6:00pm Monday - Friday
NO PETS ALLOWED
Patio/Deck seating is first-come first-served
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: NIck Baker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private seating for 50, Private seating for 100
- Private Party Contact: Jami Adkins 4103494000x12
- Special Events: Seating for up to 130 guests with views of the Severn River and USNA
Contact Jami Curtis 410-349-4000 Ext.12 / email email@example.com
A word from Severn Inn
Welcome to the Severn Inn, waterfront dining at its best. Located on the eastern side of the United States Naval Academy Bridge with spectacular views of historic Annapolis and the Severn River. We strive to offer a diverse selection of fine beef and fresh seafood using the finest ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Severn Inn - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Severn Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (124)great for outdoor dining (106)special occasion (88)romantic (59)fit for foodies (52)great for brunch (48)great for lunch (45)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (39)notable wine list (36)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (4)Show More
- ExcellentSandyDined on 11/9/2014My family celebrated my birthday. We enjoyed the food, the view, the service, and the ability to converse very comfortably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TablebrimvVIPDined on 11/8/2014Tables are quite wide. A bit difficult on conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerScottTolerDined on 11/8/2014Overall the food was good. The sushi appetizer was excellent! However, the calamari appetizer was not so good. It was over-breaded and fried to the point it did not even look like any calamari I've ever seen, it looked more like hush puppies. Overall not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crab cakesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014One of the best crab cakes in a town known for crab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NICE LUNCH OVERALLabc123Dined on 11/1/2014We had lunch here on a windy, rainy day so the view was appreciated in raising the spirits. The service was very good and the food was good to very good. One big complaint I had was that the presentation on my salmon salad was sort of in disarray and the salmon was not very warm, like the salad had been sitting waiting too long. I don't know if the temperature of the food was a kitchen or a server problem, but didn't want to complain because we were there with a group for a special occasion. Anyway, cheese board was great, cream of crab and onion soups were great, as were the deviled eggs. Brownie dessert was pretty good, too. A nice lunch overall.Special Features:
- Great Evening and mealZzzTheDayDined on 10/31/2014This place is on the (big surprise) Severn River across from the Naval Academy. There was a wedding rehearsal dinner in one room which reduces seating for the general public; and also increased the noise level. It was quite busy at the bar, and glad I had reservations in the dining room. Great wine choices. We shared the ahi tuna, the house specialty crab cakes NO filler with a pile of roasted corn, and a large side of mushrooms. We both thought the view was excellent, the menu varied and interesting, and the service excellent. I'd go back anytime I was nearby. Also, super easy to find. I was in such a great mood after dinner that I bought the meals for three ladies nearby, one of whom was celebrating #95. Yay for her! I smiled all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendVIPDined on 10/26/2014Always a favorite for any meal, any day of the weekSpecial Features:
- Sinfully deliiciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We have been to the Severn Inn for brunch which is always good but dinner is a very special event! Our waitress Anna was personable and could describe all foods and drinks to a "T". All of the food served at our table was very well prepared, taste great and the presentation was great with the exception of the Maui Maui this was a very slightly over cooked. I still am not sure how Anna our waitress heard my husbands comment but when we were finished eating she brought him a complimentary delicious desert and she said "at the Seven Inn we never what anyone to leave with a bad taste in their mouth, please know we are sorry if the Maui Maui was over cooked". At that point she offered the rest of the table coffee and desert. Will we go back YES!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDD2Dined on 10/24/2014This is our 3rd dining experience at the SI, each time to celebrate our wedding anniversary with family. Although the SI is not the only reason for our annual sojourn from Columbus, Ohio to Annapolis (our daughter lives there), it has become a "must-do" annual affair for us. Don KellerSpecial Features:
- Interesting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/23/2014The menu the night we dined had fish items we had to Google to know what tthe names such as Sheepshead. One of our guests enjoyed it but was not as described by the waiter and had not tried it either. Severn Inn likes to pair the sides with the main. Some of our guests didnt care to some of the suggestions listed. Crab cakes were excellent and the steaks were grilled to perfection.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to bring guests!NJoyDined on 10/22/2014Whenever we have friends or family visiting, we make it a point to go to the Severn Inn for lunch. The water view is always spectacular regardless of the weather. This week, in spite of it being a rainy, chilly day; we all commented that it was a perfect place since we were overlooking the Severn River, US Naval Academy, and watching the boats--all from a cozy table next to the wall-to-ceiling glass. The service and food, as always, was perfect! My husband and his friend always order the crabcakes--delicious. I enjoy their salads and quiche.Special Features:
- Fine dining with a view.goodfood4allDined on 10/21/2014The entire dining experience was excellent. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and made our visit very enjoyable. The food was excellent and well prepared, our complements to the chef. Everything was top of the line. We would recommend to all our friends to try The Severn Inn for a real dining experience.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereJasonDined on 10/18/2014Awesome location right on the water. While the restaurant offered mainly seafood, they had some more basic meats and fish available for those with very picky tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Great ViewRicoDined on 10/18/2014I'm told this place has the best view in Annapolis and I can't disagree. Cheese plate appetizer was excellent. Surf and turf was good. Wine list was notable, but pricey.Special Features:
- All around excellent restaurantBusinessdinerDined on 10/16/2014Severn Inn provided a great ambiance, excellent service, and great food. I dined her with a group of 8 persons, and we were comfortably seated. The food was fresh and delicious. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- The Severn Inn remains top level !5july1937VIPDined on 10/15/2014My lady friend and I drove over from Easton to return to one of our very favorite restaurants. Nathan was our superb waiter. We had a bottle of La Crema chardonnay which accompanied our bread and meals - a crab cake appetizer and the venison entres. Our favorite salads were the grilled romaine and the Caesar. As this was about our 10th time to dine there, we're never disappointed with the chef prepared food and location. All are excellent. I you haven't dined there, please make it a point to visit this winter or dine outside on porch overlooking the river in late Spring or Summer. A reservation is a MUST> You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!WeCheckDiningDined on 10/12/2014This was our first visit to the Severn Inn and we were very pleased. Brunches are not easy to master. It is quite difficult to have all items prepared tastefully and warm at the same time -- but they managed to do it. Nothing seemed as if it had been sitting on a sterno-pot for long! We feel received a wonderful value for our money and you can't beat the view. Even though there were two private parties going on, we were well attended too. Kevin -- our waiter was delightful! We will be returning very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!1coololdguyDined on 10/12/2014We went for a Sunday brunch date with good friends and had a wonderful time. The food was superb, well prepared with an extensive number of fresh offerings for their guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Our waitress was awesome. The restaurant was recommended by a naval academy grad and it surpassed our expectations. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedloudsnorelaxDined on 10/1/2014Took my wife here for her 50th birthday. She had never been and was looking forward to dining here. For the amount of money we spent, the food was undercooked twice and the service disappointing. We would not recommend anyone to come here.Special Features:
- Annapolis GemCC93Dined on 9/27/2014Very happy with this place, 2nd time visiting. Good for special occasions. And the food was excellent - everything I tried - blackened tuna appetizer, swordfish with braised beef and pasta, tres leche dessert. I will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedFood2FeastDined on 9/27/2014For the last 10 years we have always gone to the Severn Inn for special occasions only. It was always very good and we always felt special when we dined there. After multiple serious health issues recently we went to the Severn Inn to celebrate my husband's recovery, as well as his 65th birthday on September 27. Their fabulous crab cakes were what he ALWAYS ordered. I am always more adventurous and ordered something different. I had cream of crab soups and the blacked scallops and gnocchi. Both were tremendously salty and the gnocchi was nothing but mush. The crab cakes were nothing like they used to be. The soup had quite a number of pieces of crab shell in it which was disappointing. All in all a very disappointing meal!Special Features:
- Great view, but...AfteraGoodDinnerVIPDined on 9/25/2014The view is superb, the menu is interesting and food is quite good. If the service had been more professional the expense might have seemed well-matched to the meal. Our server was friendly but inattentive and perhaps inexperienced. Her responses to questions were perfunctory. She responded to a request for a light red wine by offhandedly suggesting a Cabernet. Inexperience/ youth? The large dining room had been cleared of 1/3 of the tables, perhaps to compensate for fewer diners. Dishes were delivered carelessly--it was like being in a busy diner. Attention was given, we observed, to larger parties. Don't go off-season or mid-week might be the lesson here. I'll try again; my dining companion will not be inclined to try again soon.Special Features:
- Great for LunchLu2dineVIPDined on 9/23/2014The food and service was outstanding. Our waiter was particularly knowledgable and recommendended an entree that was absolutely delicious. All in all a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GingerDined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed Sunday brunch. The food was great and the seating on the deck was just the right touch.Special Features:
- Good food and scene.travels44Dined on 9/20/2014The food and service were great. Despite waiting over an hour for our food to come out, I would still recommend this restaurant, and will return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doen not disappointAnnieNonmussDined on 9/20/2014We had been looking forward to our first visit to the Severn Inn, we were not disappointed! The good was fabulous, the service was excellent. The sangria (red) is highly recommended!Special Features:
- SoartanjSpartanjDined on 9/19/2014Lovely, but we had to wait to be seated because the host was on the phone, I believe it was a personal call. He was young an nice but he should have ironed his shirt! I live tge place eat there oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBlackcloud71Dined on 9/19/2014We have visited for brunch several times and have always enjoyed the Severn Inn. This time for lunch we brought 4 friends visiting from out of town and found the food very disappointing. Service was mediocre, at best.Special Features:
- Top Notch EveningOldiesDined on 9/18/2014Our party of five enjoyed a variety of menu offerings that were well prepared, delicious and fairly priced. The service was exceptional ..... knowledgable and attentive waitress, meal served within reasonable time after order, and a staff quickly responsive to every request. A most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- scottieDined on 9/18/2014Excellent choice ! Great food, great service, beautiful scenery !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuziDined on 9/17/2014Service and View were outstanding. The soup/chowder was excellent. My fish was a little overcooked. But everyone else in party enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemDrJ2Dined on 9/15/2014One is not likely to stumble across this hidden gem of a restaurant...the sign out front is not much bigger than my hand...but it is worth searching out. The food is top drawer, the crab cakes are ALL lump crab, without any filler, and live up to their reputation as, "the best crab cakes you have ever tasted". The hamburger was good, too. The view of the Severn and the U.S. Naval Academy is worth the trip, all by itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inspiring EveningLove2DineDined on 9/14/2014A special occasion deserves fantastic service, sublime food and a romantic view that captivates the imagination. The Severn Inn fills the senses, is consistent, and inspires return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, great food!RobsmmDined on 9/14/2014This is definitely one of my favorite places for brunch, they offer a nice assortment of brunch/lunch food, and the view is amazing. The service is always great. Definitely worth the drive from VA!Special Features:
- Perfect for brunchCFoodDined on 9/14/2014My family and I loved it here. The view is gorgeous and the food was spot on. The only dish we did not care for was the french toast lasagna. It was mushy and the restaurant would be better served to just serve stuffed french toast. The oysters were fresh and the lamb was juicy and tender. We will visit this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceTengchienyuDined on 9/14/2014This is my second time there. The service is more than usual buffet places. Our server is very friendly and attended to our needs. Got plenty of coffee and drinks we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have stayed longer…FoodRushedInDined on 9/13/2014Everything about our experience there was fantastic but for one thing. We felt rushed…we didn't have time for our first cocktail and the food was already on the table. We would have ordered another bottle of champagne, but we were served so quickly…no time. So, please don't rush the food at us. We like to DINE not just eat! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view on the river.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The views from the patio are very nice. The service was well timed. The food was not spectacular, it was average.Special Features:
- FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Love going here for lunch or dinner in all seasons. the killer view does not hurt it a bit. We did love some fantastic oyster thing that went with the old chef. Lunch is more affordable but the starters in combo make a great meal @ dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.