1993 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd.
Annapolis, MD 21409Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.severninn.com/
- Phone: 4103494000x
- Hours of Operation:
BUFFET BRUNCH ONLY Sunday's 10 am until 2 pm
Menu Service begins on Sunday's at 2:30 pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Closed on Monday's in January, February and March
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lounge Open Daily from 11:30 am/10am on Sunday's to 10pm/11pm Friday & Saturday
Pub Menu begins at 2:30 pm daily
Happy Hour 4:00pm to 6:00pm Monday - Friday
NO PETS ALLOWED
Patio/Deck seating is first-come first-served
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: NIck Baker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private seating for 50, Private seating for 100
- Private Party Contact: Jami Adkins 4103494000x12
- Special Events: Seating for up to 130 guests with views of the Severn River and USNA
Contact Jami Curtis 410-349-4000 Ext.12 / email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Severn Inn
Welcome to the Severn Inn, waterfront dining at its best. Located on the eastern side of the United States Naval Academy Bridge with spectacular views of historic Annapolis and the Severn River. We strive to offer a diverse selection of fine beef and fresh seafood using the finest ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Severn Inn - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Severn Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (135)great for outdoor dining (123)special occasion (94)romantic (64)fit for foodies (57)great for brunch (51)great for lunch (49)good for groups (41)notable wine list (40)neighborhood gem (37)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (9)late-night find (4)Show More
- FriendVIPDined on 10/26/2014Always a favorite for any meal, any day of the weekSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014This is our 3rd dining experience at the SI, each time to celebrate our wedding anniversary with family. Although the SI is not the only reason for our annual sojourn from Columbus, Ohio to Annapolis (our daughter lives there), it has become a "must-do" annual affair for us. Don KellerSpecial Features:
- Interesting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/23/2014The menu the night we dined had fish items we had to Google to know what tthe names such as Sheepshead. One of our guests enjoyed it but was not as described by the waiter and had not tried it either. Severn Inn likes to pair the sides with the main. Some of our guests didnt care to some of the suggestions listed. Crab cakes were excellent and the steaks were grilled to perfection.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to bring guests!NJoyDined on 10/22/2014Whenever we have friends or family visiting, we make it a point to go to the Severn Inn for lunch. The water view is always spectacular regardless of the weather. This week, in spite of it being a rainy, chilly day; we all commented that it was a perfect place since we were overlooking the Severn River, US Naval Academy, and watching the boats--all from a cozy table next to the wall-to-ceiling glass. The service and food, as always, was perfect! My husband and his friend always order the crabcakes--delicious. I enjoy their salads and quiche.Special Features:
- Fine dining with a view.goodfood4allDined on 10/21/2014The entire dining experience was excellent. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and made our visit very enjoyable. The food was excellent and well prepared, our complements to the chef. Everything was top of the line. We would recommend to all our friends to try The Severn Inn for a real dining experience.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereJasonDined on 10/18/2014Awesome location right on the water. While the restaurant offered mainly seafood, they had some more basic meats and fish available for those with very picky tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Great ViewRicoDined on 10/18/2014I'm told this place has the best view in Annapolis and I can't disagree. Cheese plate appetizer was excellent. Surf and turf was good. Wine list was notable, but pricey.Special Features:
- All around excellent restaurantBusinessdinerDined on 10/16/2014Severn Inn provided a great ambiance, excellent service, and great food. I dined her with a group of 8 persons, and we were comfortably seated. The food was fresh and delicious. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- The Severn Inn remains top level !5july1937VIPDined on 10/15/2014My lady friend and I drove over from Easton to return to one of our very favorite restaurants. Nathan was our superb waiter. We had a bottle of La Crema chardonnay which accompanied our bread and meals - a crab cake appetizer and the venison entres. Our favorite salads were the grilled romaine and the Caesar. As this was about our 10th time to dine there, we're never disappointed with the chef prepared food and location. All are excellent. I you haven't dined there, please make it a point to visit this winter or dine outside on porch overlooking the river in late Spring or Summer. A reservation is a MUST> You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!WeCheckDiningDined on 10/12/2014This was our first visit to the Severn Inn and we were very pleased. Brunches are not easy to master. It is quite difficult to have all items prepared tastefully and warm at the same time -- but they managed to do it. Nothing seemed as if it had been sitting on a sterno-pot for long! We feel received a wonderful value for our money and you can't beat the view. Even though there were two private parties going on, we were well attended too. Kevin -- our waiter was delightful! We will be returning very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!1coololdguyDined on 10/12/2014We went for a Sunday brunch date with good friends and had a wonderful time. The food was superb, well prepared with an extensive number of fresh offerings for their guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Our waitress was awesome. The restaurant was recommended by a naval academy grad and it surpassed our expectations. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedloudsnorelaxDined on 10/1/2014Took my wife here for her 50th birthday. She had never been and was looking forward to dining here. For the amount of money we spent, the food was undercooked twice and the service disappointing. We would not recommend anyone to come here.Special Features:
- Annapolis GemCC93Dined on 9/27/2014Very happy with this place, 2nd time visiting. Good for special occasions. And the food was excellent - everything I tried - blackened tuna appetizer, swordfish with braised beef and pasta, tres leche dessert. I will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedFood2FeastDined on 9/27/2014For the last 10 years we have always gone to the Severn Inn for special occasions only. It was always very good and we always felt special when we dined there. After multiple serious health issues recently we went to the Severn Inn to celebrate my husband's recovery, as well as his 65th birthday on September 27. Their fabulous crab cakes were what he ALWAYS ordered. I am always more adventurous and ordered something different. I had cream of crab soups and the blacked scallops and gnocchi. Both were tremendously salty and the gnocchi was nothing but mush. The crab cakes were nothing like they used to be. The soup had quite a number of pieces of crab shell in it which was disappointing. All in all a very disappointing meal!Special Features:
- Great view, but...AfteraGoodDinnerVIPDined on 9/25/2014The view is superb, the menu is interesting and food is quite good. If the service had been more professional the expense might have seemed well-matched to the meal. Our server was friendly but inattentive and perhaps inexperienced. Her responses to questions were perfunctory. She responded to a request for a light red wine by offhandedly suggesting a Cabernet. Inexperience/ youth? The large dining room had been cleared of 1/3 of the tables, perhaps to compensate for fewer diners. Dishes were delivered carelessly--it was like being in a busy diner. Attention was given, we observed, to larger parties. Don't go off-season or mid-week might be the lesson here. I'll try again; my dining companion will not be inclined to try again soon.Special Features:
- Great for LunchLu2dineVIPDined on 9/23/2014The food and service was outstanding. Our waiter was particularly knowledgable and recommendended an entree that was absolutely delicious. All in all a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GingerDined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed Sunday brunch. The food was great and the seating on the deck was just the right touch.Special Features:
- Good food and scene.travels44Dined on 9/20/2014The food and service were great. Despite waiting over an hour for our food to come out, I would still recommend this restaurant, and will return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doen not disappointAnnieNonmussDined on 9/20/2014We had been looking forward to our first visit to the Severn Inn, we were not disappointed! The good was fabulous, the service was excellent. The sangria (red) is highly recommended!Special Features:
- SoartanjSpartanjDined on 9/19/2014Lovely, but we had to wait to be seated because the host was on the phone, I believe it was a personal call. He was young an nice but he should have ironed his shirt! I live tge place eat there oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBlackcloud71Dined on 9/19/2014We have visited for brunch several times and have always enjoyed the Severn Inn. This time for lunch we brought 4 friends visiting from out of town and found the food very disappointing. Service was mediocre, at best.Special Features:
- Top Notch EveningOldiesDined on 9/18/2014Our party of five enjoyed a variety of menu offerings that were well prepared, delicious and fairly priced. The service was exceptional ..... knowledgable and attentive waitress, meal served within reasonable time after order, and a staff quickly responsive to every request. A most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- scottieDined on 9/18/2014Excellent choice ! Great food, great service, beautiful scenery !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuziDined on 9/17/2014Service and View were outstanding. The soup/chowder was excellent. My fish was a little overcooked. But everyone else in party enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemDrJ2Dined on 9/15/2014One is not likely to stumble across this hidden gem of a restaurant...the sign out front is not much bigger than my hand...but it is worth searching out. The food is top drawer, the crab cakes are ALL lump crab, without any filler, and live up to their reputation as, "the best crab cakes you have ever tasted". The hamburger was good, too. The view of the Severn and the U.S. Naval Academy is worth the trip, all by itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inspiring EveningLove2DineDined on 9/14/2014A special occasion deserves fantastic service, sublime food and a romantic view that captivates the imagination. The Severn Inn fills the senses, is consistent, and inspires return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, great food!RobsmmDined on 9/14/2014This is definitely one of my favorite places for brunch, they offer a nice assortment of brunch/lunch food, and the view is amazing. The service is always great. Definitely worth the drive from VA!Special Features:
- Perfect for brunchCFoodDined on 9/14/2014My family and I loved it here. The view is gorgeous and the food was spot on. The only dish we did not care for was the french toast lasagna. It was mushy and the restaurant would be better served to just serve stuffed french toast. The oysters were fresh and the lamb was juicy and tender. We will visit this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceTengchienyuDined on 9/14/2014This is my second time there. The service is more than usual buffet places. Our server is very friendly and attended to our needs. Got plenty of coffee and drinks we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have stayed longer…FoodRushedInDined on 9/13/2014Everything about our experience there was fantastic but for one thing. We felt rushed…we didn't have time for our first cocktail and the food was already on the table. We would have ordered another bottle of champagne, but we were served so quickly…no time. So, please don't rush the food at us. We like to DINE not just eat! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view on the river.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The views from the patio are very nice. The service was well timed. The food was not spectacular, it was average.Special Features:
- FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Love going here for lunch or dinner in all seasons. the killer view does not hurt it a bit. We did love some fantastic oyster thing that went with the old chef. Lunch is more affordable but the starters in combo make a great meal @ dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Treat!LynneDined on 8/30/2014My first visit to Severn Inn was for my buddies Birthday. We enjoyed the Sunday Brunch. The view is beautiful. There is quite a mix of people at this location who dress down AND who dress up! It's great seeing everyone there old and young all enjoying the ambiance. I have returned for my Anniversary and a family event. Yesterday my husband and I had recieved a gift card from a good friend and we both dressed up and enjoyed a wonderful lunch. The atmosphere has always been good. The service is friendly but on the ball! We are VERY happy Customers and will be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous, Relaxing Surf & TurfMKIADined on 8/25/2014The surf & turf was fantastic, the waiter had just the right mix of attentive but not annoying. We really had a nice evening with a great, peaceful without the loud noise of most places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality/expense ratio off-kilterChiefjournalistDined on 8/24/2014Ok dealing with allergies. Whiskey selection was good for scotches. Bourbons adequate/not exceptional. Oysters expensive & smallish choptank sweets Rockfish portion smallish. Modify sautéed spinach w/ onions cooked sep & then combined late. Girlfriends rare steak was good.Special Features:
- Great Food & Beautiful SceneryKglam1Dined on 8/24/2014I took my fiancé here for a late lunch on his birthday. We arrived on time and with reservations were seated very quickly. We were seated outside on the first deck, it was perfect. The scenery was lovely and romantic. We had a full view of the Severn River. Even though the food is expensive, going here for lunch was great. I will say that the service is a bit slow during peak lunch/dinner hours, but that's to be expected when there's a crowd. Overall, the waiters are very helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anymore who is looking for great food, a beautiful view, and a romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday brunch!happytimeDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I were at Severn Inn for Sunday brunch for my birthday. We had a table in a room all to ourselves right by the windows overlooking the river and the Naval Academy. We sat and ate the wonderful food while watching the boats cruise by. And the service was exceptional. I raved about the experience to all my friends. Great place to go for a special occasion! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local RestaurantGreatNightOutDined on 8/22/2014I have lived in the Annapolis area for over 14 years and just recently found the Severn Inn.. Its now one of my favorite local restaurants.Special Features:
- blhfunDined on 8/22/2014We decided to sit outside to enjoy the view of the water and Naval Academy. We received excellent service and didn't feel rushed. We relaxed and enjoyed our drinks as well as appetizers - cream of crab is amazing. Our dinner choices tuned out to be wonderful. The rockfish dish was absolutely delicious as well as the soft crabs. The chef knows how to plan a menu!! Can't wait to go back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.