1993 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd.
Annapolis, MD 21409Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.severninn.com/
- Phone: 4103494000x
- Hours of Operation:
BUFFET BRUNCH ONLY Sunday's 10 am until 2 pm
Menu Service begins on Sunday's at 2:30 pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Closed on Monday's in January, February and March
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lounge Open Daily from 11:30 am/10am on Sunday's to 10pm/11pm Friday & Saturday
Pub Menu begins at 2:30 pm daily
Happy Hour 4:00pm to 6:00pm Monday - Friday
NO PETS ALLOWED
Patio/Deck seating is first-come first-served
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: NIck Baker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private seating for 50, Private seating for 100
- Private Party Contact: Jami Adkins 4103494000x12
- Special Events: Seating for up to 130 guests with views of the Severn River and USNA
Contact Jami Curtis 410-349-4000 Ext.12 / email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Severn Inn
Welcome to the Severn Inn, waterfront dining at its best. Located on the eastern side of the United States Naval Academy Bridge with spectacular views of historic Annapolis and the Severn River. We strive to offer a diverse selection of fine beef and fresh seafood using the finest ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Severn Inn - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Severn Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (148)great for outdoor dining (135)special occasion (90)romantic (65)great for lunch (55)great for brunch (55)fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (39)notable wine list (35)good for groups (34)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (3)Show More
- SoartanjSpartanjDined on 9/19/2014Lovely, but we had to wait to be seated because the host was on the phone, I believe it was a personal call. He was young an nice but he should have ironed his shirt! I live tge place eat there oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Our party of five enjoyed a variety of menu offerings that were well prepared, delicious and fairly priced. The service was exceptional ..... knowledgable and attentive waitress, meal served within reasonable time after order, and a staff quickly responsive to every request. A most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- scottieDined on 9/18/2014Excellent choice ! Great food, great service, beautiful scenery !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Service and View were outstanding. The soup/chowder was excellent. My fish was a little overcooked. But everyone else in party enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemDrJ2Dined on 9/15/2014One is not likely to stumble across this hidden gem of a restaurant...the sign out front is not much bigger than my hand...but it is worth searching out. The food is top drawer, the crab cakes are ALL lump crab, without any filler, and live up to their reputation as, "the best crab cakes you have ever tasted". The hamburger was good, too. The view of the Severn and the U.S. Naval Academy is worth the trip, all by itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inspiring EveningLove2DineDined on 9/14/2014A special occasion deserves fantastic service, sublime food and a romantic view that captivates the imagination. The Severn Inn fills the senses, is consistent, and inspires return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, great food!RobsmmDined on 9/14/2014This is definitely one of my favorite places for brunch, they offer a nice assortment of brunch/lunch food, and the view is amazing. The service is always great. Definitely worth the drive from VA!Special Features:
- Perfect for brunchCFoodDined on 9/14/2014My family and I loved it here. The view is gorgeous and the food was spot on. The only dish we did not care for was the french toast lasagna. It was mushy and the restaurant would be better served to just serve stuffed french toast. The oysters were fresh and the lamb was juicy and tender. We will visit this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceTengchienyuDined on 9/14/2014This is my second time there. The service is more than usual buffet places. Our server is very friendly and attended to our needs. Got plenty of coffee and drinks we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have stayed longer…FoodRushedInDined on 9/13/2014Everything about our experience there was fantastic but for one thing. We felt rushed…we didn't have time for our first cocktail and the food was already on the table. We would have ordered another bottle of champagne, but we were served so quickly…no time. So, please don't rush the food at us. We like to DINE not just eat! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view on the river.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The views from the patio are very nice. The service was well timed. The food was not spectacular, it was average.Special Features:
- FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Love going here for lunch or dinner in all seasons. the killer view does not hurt it a bit. We did love some fantastic oyster thing that went with the old chef. Lunch is more affordable but the starters in combo make a great meal @ dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Treat!LynneDined on 8/30/2014My first visit to Severn Inn was for my buddies Birthday. We enjoyed the Sunday Brunch. The view is beautiful. There is quite a mix of people at this location who dress down AND who dress up! It's great seeing everyone there old and young all enjoying the ambiance. I have returned for my Anniversary and a family event. Yesterday my husband and I had recieved a gift card from a good friend and we both dressed up and enjoyed a wonderful lunch. The atmosphere has always been good. The service is friendly but on the ball! We are VERY happy Customers and will be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous, Relaxing Surf & TurfMKIADined on 8/25/2014The surf & turf was fantastic, the waiter had just the right mix of attentive but not annoying. We really had a nice evening with a great, peaceful without the loud noise of most places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality/expense ratio off-kilterChiefjournalistDined on 8/24/2014Ok dealing with allergies. Whiskey selection was good for scotches. Bourbons adequate/not exceptional. Oysters expensive & smallish choptank sweets Rockfish portion smallish. Modify sautéed spinach w/ onions cooked sep & then combined late. Girlfriends rare steak was good.Special Features:
- Great Food & Beautiful SceneryKglam1Dined on 8/24/2014I took my fiancé here for a late lunch on his birthday. We arrived on time and with reservations were seated very quickly. We were seated outside on the first deck, it was perfect. The scenery was lovely and romantic. We had a full view of the Severn River. Even though the food is expensive, going here for lunch was great. I will say that the service is a bit slow during peak lunch/dinner hours, but that's to be expected when there's a crowd. Overall, the waiters are very helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anymore who is looking for great food, a beautiful view, and a romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday brunch!happytimeDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I were at Severn Inn for Sunday brunch for my birthday. We had a table in a room all to ourselves right by the windows overlooking the river and the Naval Academy. We sat and ate the wonderful food while watching the boats cruise by. And the service was exceptional. I raved about the experience to all my friends. Great place to go for a special occasion! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local RestaurantGreatNightOutDined on 8/22/2014I have lived in the Annapolis area for over 14 years and just recently found the Severn Inn.. Its now one of my favorite local restaurants.Special Features:
- blhfunDined on 8/22/2014We decided to sit outside to enjoy the view of the water and Naval Academy. We received excellent service and didn't feel rushed. We relaxed and enjoyed our drinks as well as appetizers - cream of crab is amazing. Our dinner choices tuned out to be wonderful. The rockfish dish was absolutely delicious as well as the soft crabs. The chef knows how to plan a menu!! Can't wait to go back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDined on 8/19/2014Food was not up to normal standards we have come to expectSpecial Features:
- Very Pleasant DiningSusjeanDined on 8/19/2014Thus is a great place for getting together with friends for catch-up or special occasion. Access is easy, parking plentiful, service is excellent, views are wonderful. Very nice wines are available by the glass and the menu offers a good variety of choices at reasonable prices. Excellent coffee to linger over with no pressure to leave. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food, view, & serviceLinskyDined on 8/18/2014Very enjoyable lunch at the Severn Inn and can't wait to go back. The view of the naval academy is spectacular over the water, and the food and service were equally as great. I don't even particularly care for crab cakes, but upon the waiter's recommendation, I order them as an appetizer - and they were delicious! I would definitely order them again next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRUNCH@SEVERN-INNJoeVeeDined on 8/17/2014A great selection of food for a Sunday brunch with a great view of the Severn river and the fresh smell of the breeze. Fresh oysters, shrimps, for seafood lovers; and prime rib, chicken, Eggs Benedict, and various other choices; including a delightful dessert to top it off. The champagne helped too :> The basic price is very acceptable at ~$33 per person. Great place for a family gathering or with friends. Note: A very slight jab - the prime rib can use a bit more tenderness and a thicker rub of spices (for perfection).Special Features:
- WOW!LLV2VIPDined on 8/15/2014I'll be back. The wine list was surprising extensive. The outdoor dining and view of the USNA was unmatched. The food earned a B+; don't order anything with fried green tomatoes, though. You get "fried", you don't get much in the way of tomatoes. Service was beautifully paced!Special Features:
- Fantastic!sweetchuckDined on 8/14/2014The Severn Inn is in a very scenic location overlooking the water and the Naval Academy. Our server, Linda, delivered the best service. Each course was brought out with expert timing and Linda was just great with the peculiar interests of my 4-year old niece in particular. We all had the cream of crab soup, which was awesome, and my favorite part. We also had the surf and turf which featured a very tender, flavorful filet Mignon and scrumptious crab cake. I am definitely looking forward to visiting again for dinner, and even at another time of day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view but....savoireDined on 8/14/2014The Severn Inn has the potential to be great but came off as an over priced yaught club. When I made the reservation, I specifically told the inn that it was for a special birthday dinner. Long story short, the hostess played favoritism for outside seating. We started with the cheese plate and wine, which was brilliant. We then had the virginia little neck clams which were gritty. A sea food restaurant should be able to get this one right. When brought to the servers attention, nothing was done or offered. Such a shame, it has potential but fell short. Only recommend having cheese and drinks in the outdoor seating. But only if you are prepared to negotiate with the hostess over out door seating, locals seem to get priority.Special Features:
- Perfectseawater51Dined on 8/13/2014The Inn has become our favorite go-to place. We arrived at our spec'd time on Wednesday, and were promptly given a choice of seating. We elected to be on the deck, and enjoyed the perfect weather, complimented by also perfect food, service, and the view. It doesn't get any better. Starters, entree's, and sides were all well seasoned and perfectly plated. Only downside was we all ate too much, and couldn't do desert.Special Features:
- Wonderful even on a rainy nightSharonSueDined on 8/12/2014We celebrated my birthday with my son and daughter-in-law (who had never been to Severn Inn), and it was delightful. Food never disappoints (catfish, grouper, crab cakes, steak). Waitress was efficient and quickly corrected one small mistake (a beer on the menu was not what she brought, but beer-loving son detected the difference, and she brought correct one). Even though it was a rainy evening, it was still lovely...especially when the clouds finally broke and we could see the Naval Academy all lit up. Lovely evening....we will be back!Special Features:
- Beautiful viewPattiVIPDined on 8/11/2014We really enjoyed this restaurant from the wine, to the food to the desert. Our waitress was wonderful. We had scallops and they were done perfect, also had risitto that was very tasty and the desert was the perfect ending to all. The view over the river is beautiful and looks over to the Naval Academy. Right next to INN is a park so when done eating can drive right around corner and enjoy more time taking a walk or just sitting on one of many benches . Highly recommend the Severne INN, do not miss this place.Special Features:
- GreatDining1Dined on 8/9/2014We were from another state. Found them online, easy online reservation. Arrived, seated quickly. Waitress was excellent, food delicious!! Well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/9/2014Severn Inn is one of our favorite places to eat in Annapolis. The Severn River view of the Naval Academy certainly makes it special, but the food and the service also contribute to an excellent dining experience. If the weather cooperates, an expanded outside eating area is a treat. Regardless of inside or outside, the daily menu specials contain market availability ingredients for that day and show off the creative skills of the chef. On this particular day, specials of the day included Watermelon and Tomato Gazpacho and Cornmeal Breaded Soft Shell Crabs, both were excellent! The regular menu is also excellent and is always available. If you save room, deserts are always delectable too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrauDined on 8/9/2014I have eaten at Severn Inn many time previously but was disappointed this time. The kitchen was behind and the waitress did not tell us until we inquired after 45 minutes. When it arrived, my dish was overcooked and bland. I hope this was just an off night.Special Features:
- Continued perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014This was the second time we've enjoyed the Severn Inn. We made reservations online and everything went perfectly. First of all, you can't beat the scenic location. We had an absolutely wonderful spot in the restaurant. There were four in our party and we sat by the window. From appetizer and drinks, delicious main course, to after-dinner visiting over a nightcap, the evening was exceptional. Brady was our waiter and he added to our evening! We never felt rushed. We were celebrating two birthdays in our group and I know all of us will remember the evening with a smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Severn Inn--Lovely experience!JeannetteVIPDined on 8/8/2014The atmosphere and view were terrific! Our waiter was very nice. I really loved the crunchy spinach. It would be great with drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food with Steep PriceDoNotineoutoftenDined on 8/3/2014The menu items are a little pricy but the food was outstanding. Scenic view is excellent. We ate in the main dinning room which was quiet and shaded. The seating on the open deck is also a very good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JodieBFredBDined on 8/3/2014I've been to the Severn Inn several times this year. Once for dinner, once for lunch and 2 times for the Sundy Brunch. I have found the brunch to be the best this year. The regular menu seems to be hit and miss. One of my favorite items is the grilled romaine salad, used to be awesome, now I won't even order the salad. It was so disappointing the last 2 times I ordered it. The presentation wasn't good it was just thrown on the plate with not much dressing, cheese or bacon. Basically no effort put into the preparation. Very sad, it use to be the BEST.Special Features:
- Engagement dinnerDianaLDined on 8/2/2014I went here with my fiancee after he proposed to me in downtown Annapolis. We originally were being seated on the upper deck. We requested to have a table down by the water on the lower deck for our special occasion and without missing a beat the gentleman seating us said, "Sure! No problem! Right this way." Our waitress even gave us a dessert that said "Congratulations" written in gel on the plate. The food was superb, and worth every penny. The wine selection was phenominal - everything from a bottle in the mid $30s to over $100. Whatever your taste or budget for wine, they have it!Special Features:
- Lovely in lovely weather!NickDined on 7/29/2014Food was good, deck is great! On a beautiful evening the deck is outstanding. Service a bit uneven, but the staff tried hard.Special Features:
- Beautiful view with good foodBabsDined on 7/29/2014We enjoyed the view as much as the food, watching the sailboats with the NavalAcademy in the background. My hamburger was cooked perfectly medium rare as ordered. The quiche florentine was enormous, and tasty with a large accompanying green salad. We had some special requests for the waitress, who was most accomodating. A grtood experience all around.Special Features:
- Surprising FoodJanPDined on 7/27/2014The restaurant was a little more casual than we anticipated so we were afraid the food might be too. The service was also very casual; just dropped a pile of menus on the table without even pointing out the wine list or the pub menu. We were pleasantly surprised at the food, it was fabulous! Everyone's meal was so delicious and beautiful. Our table had surf and turf, crab cakes and seared tuna. Everyone loved their entrees and everything that went with it - fried green tomatoes, corn salad, bok choy, etc. All the food was perfectly cooked. Loved it!Special Features: