Severance Restaurant & Case Club
11001 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Severance Restaurant & Case Club
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.clevelandorchestra.com/
- Phone: 2162317373
- Hours of Operation:
Case Club at Severance Hall Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm (closed some Fridays); Concert Dining: Except for 11am Matinees when lunch service is immediately after the concert; All concert dining starts 3 hours before the concert start time
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Taty Augustina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Sammy's is a full service caterer. Please visit www.Sammys.com for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please visit www.clevelandorchestra.com for more information. Email:
- Entertainment: Home of the Cleveland Orchestra
- Special Events: firstname.lastname@example.org and ThinkParties@sammys.com
A word from Severance Restaurant & Case Club
Severance Restaurant is open for fine buffet dining for all Cleveland Orchestra & Cleveland Pops concerts. Case Club at Severance Hall is open for lunch Monday - Friday. Managed by Sammy's, this handsome restaurant features the very best in contemporary American cuisine and boasts an extensive international wine list featuring artisanal and organic wines. Current menus can be found at www.sammys.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Severance Restaurant & Case Club reviews from OpenTable diners
- good food, slow servicepersonDined on 6/24/2013This is the fifth time that I have eaten here, and again the food was amazing. This is one of the best kept buffets I have every been to. The salad options were good, and the hot food dishes are different everyday and are always wonderful. The service can be a little slow, but the food is good and the price is good for the quality of food. It is a quiet place to eat lunch near CWRU or University Hospital.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceLATHAMALDined on 6/24/2013I frequent Case Club as I am an employee of CWRU. Its always a good place to have a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenient......PidgeDined on 5/26/2013If you are attending a concert at Severance Hall, the restaurant is extremely convenient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the concertBubbsDined on 5/24/2013I don't eat pork. Pork on the Mediterranean a la carte plate was substituted with Beef tenderloin, at no additional charge. Very good and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for beforefirsttime1timeDined on 5/24/2013I enjoyed our meal, and the ability to be able to go to the concert immediately afterwards. Good food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Severance becausePeteDined on 5/18/2013We went to Severance because we were going to a performance at 8 PM at severance Hall...this was convenient. The tenderloin of beef was delicious, so was the snapper. My wife had the chicken and tenderloin....all served buffet style. All in all it was worth stopping before the performance.Special Features:
- convenient before concertmusicloverDined on 5/18/2013The food is excellent and it is definitely convenient (and as quick or as leisurely as you wish) before a concert. It is however overpriced. There should be a greater selection of salads and a greater selection of deserts and the price should be reduced. (It would be nice to have desert on the buffet.) Also, while the beef tenderloin was delicious, it was only available medium. There should have been the option of having the beef medium well to well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old and TiredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2013I though t would be a good idea to eat a severance before the Pop orchestra concert as a convenient way to start the evening. I was wrong the buffet was horrible. The horseradish mashed m potatoes were like soup, the tenderloin tasted as if it was a pre package with it own bad aftertaste and a server who could barley use a knife. Most all the items on the buffet were terrible except the salad. At $40 I would have expected better.
- Dignified Friendly RestaurantKaminDined on 5/17/2013Not only convenient prior to a concert since it's located in Severance Hall, but it is a charming place with an old-fashioned charm. The food is really good, but the buffet is slightly highly priced, and there are not very many a la carte menu items from which to choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location...Tepid Foodfamilyof4Dined on 5/12/2013Severance is a great location for a meal if you are going to the orchastra or other venues in University Circle area of Cleveland....however on more than one occasion the food at the restaurant has been far from satisfactory...it is often not up to temperature...the buffet could be improved by updating their serving equipment ot ensure that the food stays hot...having cold eggs and potatoes for brunch...or cool salmon or chicken does not make for a memorable...or satisfactory meal.
- Fantastic BrunchDebtDined on 5/12/2013This was the best brunch I have ever been to. There was a nice variety of options for vegan, vegetarians and meat eaters. The food was fresh, didn't look like it had been setting on the warmer for hours and delicious. It was the perfect beginning for an afternoon at the symphony.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We decided to eat at SeveranceAmyEDined on 5/10/2013We decided to eat at Severance Restaurant before attending a concert at Severance Hall. The service was very good and the location was incredibly convenient. We discovered when looking at the menu that the only main course option was a buffet. The listed food options at the buffet sounded interesting, but at $40 per person the price seemed excessive. Instead, we decided to order the two appetizers on the menu which were not a part of the buffet - an cheese platter and an antipasto platter. Both were very good and had generous portions. I would be inclined to go back to the restaurant for a meal if either the cost of the buffet was reduced or if there were more non-buffet options.Special Features:
- I thought the food I ate wasJean777Dined on 5/5/2013I thought the food I ate was good. I had the Sunday buffet. I thought $26 was too much. I definitely didn't eat $26 worth of food. Disappointed in the desert selection. For that cost, it should have been better. $8 for a Great Lakes beer. For $16 you can get a whole 12 pack--what a mark up! Bottom line: $75.00 for two meals and beer! Wouldn't do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Brunch Before a ConcertOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/5/2013We went before a Sunday afternoon performance by the Orchestra, so the brunch buffet was all that was available. In all, the food was well-prepared, attractively presented, and very enjoyable. It was really more of a lunch than a brunch with almost no breakfast options, but still very good. If I were going to a performance at Severance Hall, I wouldn't hesitate to come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodDavideVIPDined on 5/3/2013Menu items were very good with the exception of the turkey which was not up to the usual standards as it was very bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very good food; convenientSRLSRVIPDined on 4/27/2013Always very good food; convenient for those who want to go to the concert and relax before with a dinner. It rates consistently above average. One drawback - $40 buffet is pricy.Special Features:
- Foo was overpriced and underflavoreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Foo was overpriced and underflavored--not many choices. Had no seafood!
- GREAT HALL, MUSIC,POOR FOODJonRayDined on 4/25/2013Poor experlence Get Chef from Art musem Other then food experence at Severance was 10 +++++
- I enjoyed dinner but was surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2013I enjoyed dinner but was surprised there were not more people. Most people think you can only do the buffet on orchestra night. I think they need to have a few other options. Or advertise the cheese plate or antipasto plate. Once you have had the buffet it sorta losses its luster. But I like going there a lot.Special Features:
- Convenient and delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013I cannot think of a more convenient way to dine before an event at Severance Hall. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Preconcert buffet, food wasrobertDined on 4/13/2013Preconcert buffet, food was excellent, service excellent, unhurried but efficient. Overall first rate dining.Special Features:
- All was good. Pretty expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013All was good. Pretty expensive for the meal, but I understand the location and limited use.
- High priced but very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013High priced but very good and convenient. food was made with much attention.
- Used to be nicer. Place needsDaytonGalVIPDined on 4/11/2013Used to be nicer. Place needs a redo. Looks very tired. Food on buffet cold. The nice platter of tenderloin- the nicest part of the meal- has been removed to a separate carving station. There you will get two see-through slices of well done meat. There was the most unappetizing brown mush on the buffet. It was lamb stew with lentils. Not the ideal dish for a buffet. Overpriced at 40 pp. I won't be going back. Not Evenfor the convenience v
- Overall the food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2013Overall the food was excellent and the ambiance very nice. A couple minor points: 1) Our server did not mention a separate table for the prime rib roast, and we only found out about it when our neighboring diners came back with it on their plate. 2) the water glasses were not refilled at all.
- Great before orchestra experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013Great before the orchestra and a very attentive staff.Special Features:
- Attentive service and veryMikeDined on 4/5/2013Attentive service and very good food. Restaurant itself is looking tired and rundown.Special Features:
- There is no excuse for therodentopVIPDined on 4/4/2013There is no excuse for the food here. The selections are unappealing and it tastes worse than it sounds. If it weren't convenient to go to before the Orchestra, it would be empty.
- This restaurant is in SeveranceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013This restaurant is in Severance Hall where the Cleveland Orchestra plays. The Hall is an absolute gem, beautiful and acoustically brilliant. This restaurant is perfect for dining before a concert. It was buffet only the evening we went. Very nice choices, beautifully presented. Elegant atmosphere.Special Features:
- It was okay. Not a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013It was okay. Not a great selection of food. You either had the buffet for $40.00 or a few ala carte items. Food was okay. Waiter was very friendly but brought food at staggered times.Special Features:
- Great before a concertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013It is great to relax over a leisurely paced buffet meal prior to a concert at Severance Hall. That alone would make it worthwhile if the food was at least average, but Sammy's does a great job with the buffet, and the service is friendly but not invasive. Wine list is reasonably priced, the beef from the beef carving station was a perfect charcoal flavored medium rare, and the food at the buffet stations was fresh and piping hot (which is not always the case at buffets). Try the blood orange sorbet which is made in house if it is available - excellent finish to the meal.Special Features:
- The buffet under the sea wasMarlowVIPDined on 3/8/2013The buffet under the sea was terrible. There were no vegetables and thecfruit was covered in honey. Even though it is convenient for a concert we will never o it again.
- Convenient before the concertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013The menu choices were good but the food tasted very bland. Even the horse radish was bland. I ordered Champagne but was given sparkling wine. While a buffet is convenient it is not "fine dining".Special Features:
- If not for the convenienceMarcVIPDined on 2/23/2013If not for the convenience at Severance Hall it would not be in business
- We enjoyed having dinner inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013We enjoyed having dinner in the concert venue, not having to leave the building to get to the orchestra performance. We have been told we cannot have open table points. We wonder if it would benefit us and how we could enroll.Special Features:
- The fact that you have veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The fact that you have very few options for dinner except the buffet which is ridiculously expensive, is not good. I used to love to eat dinner there before a concert, but I was extremely disappointed in the high price for a buffet for heaven's sake!!! shame!
- Sammy's was my favorite whenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Sammy's was my favorite when it was in the Flats. Food and ambiance was a 5 star. The buffet they offered was good but not great. The fish and chicken were rater dry from sitting. I really would rather have a menu not buffet.Special Features:
- Eat here for convenience only.eastsidesueDined on 2/16/2013Eat here for convenience only. The food is buffet style and not very appetizing. We had a mushy broccoli dish, overcooked Walleye with a bitter crust, bland pasta. The best part was the potato-leek soup appetizer. This was not worth #$40 per plate.
- We always enjoy dining hereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2013We always enjoy dining here before a concert. The view from our window of the snow falling outside was an added bonus.
- It is very convenient forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013It is very convenient for orchestra goers but it seems over priced for a buffet. The ambiance is lovely. Next time I go I will hae the cheese plate and a glass of wine.