Seventy @ 3rd - Westin Waltham Hotel
70 3rd Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Seventy @ 3rd - Westin Waltham Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/dining/index.html?propertyID=1036
- Phone: (781) 290-5674
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge
A word from Seventy @ 3rd - Westin Waltham Hotel
Find a journey of culinary delights and moments to savor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seventy @ 3rd - Westin Waltham Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance2.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great...for hibernating polar bearsBostonSeanDined on 11/2/2014The food was fantastic, but it took an absurdly long time to come out, and during that agonizing interval, we had to endure the oppressively chilly temperature. "It was probably just a temporary problem with their heaters," you might say, and perhaps so--but nobody explained this or apologized for it, and it was *really* cold. It's a shame, because the food was really excellent but the experience was seriously marred by the slowness and the chill (and the steep price, come to think of it).
- Wow...YumODined on 9/12/2014Despite the food being tasty& the pleasant employees, I couldn't recommend this place, in good conscience. My boyfriend and I are patient, others may not be. This staff was extremely untrained & was unaware of Open Table in spite of being on Open Table. Again, they were pleasant but Westin...teach your staff a few lessons before sending them to the front line.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Seventy @ 3rd - Westin Waltham Hotel reviews archive.
- DisappointedDiner1967Dined on 6/15/2014The brunch was overpriced and the food was bland and not hot. We had an early reservation around 10 AM, so we were quite surprised at the slow staff and disappointing food selection.
- Too ExpensiveLivednthesteetDined on 4/20/2014The price for brunch was $50.00 which was somewhat pricey. There were a few excellent items on the brunch especially the jumbo shrimp and the smoked salmon. The ham was perfectly cooked too. On the negative side the leg of lamb was stringy and barely edible. I am not a fair judge of desserts as I don't eat them. The eggs Benidect were pathetic. I ordered two mimosas (expensive at $10.00) which were delicious. We had the oldest waiter working ( who doubled as the bartender). He did a yeoman's job handling at least five tables and all the drinks for the entire brunch.Special Features:
- SashaDined on 4/20/2014We came for Easter Brunch with two grandchildren, 7 & 5 y/o. There were eight of us. The attention that our group received from the staff despite the fact that this is a buffett affair was outstanding, friendly and much appreciated. The food was well prepared, there was variety and it was just right for a family gathering. It would not be a meal for gourmet food enthusiasts, with many new unfamiliar dishes, but that is not what we came for and the children certainly would have been uhappy. They thank you for the waffles and great deserts. We have celebrated birthdays at the Westin and will most probably come again as long as we live in this area.Special Features:
- Nothing to write home aboutSGregorioVIPDined on 2/15/2014Service was decent. Food was tasty, but all dishes came out cold after a long wait.Special Features:
- Pleasant Dinner on a Quiet EveningLadyGDined on 1/14/2014A gift certificate brought us to the restaurant for a dinner with friends. We enjoyed the evening and the food and service were quite good. We thought the prices especially for drinks were a bit too high and would probably only return to the restaurant if we obtained another gift certificate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the trip or the pricewinkiebumDined on 1/6/2014This hotel restaurant charges a lot of money for very mediocre to bad food. we ordered the fried calamari and it was so greasy, rubbery and not crunchy we sent it back. Everything we ordered was way overpriced and mediocre at best. You would think an 18 dollar cheeseburger would be the best you've ever tasted.My partner ordered the chicken($23) and it was bland, He said he has had better for 10 dollars at the 99 restaurants...There is no ambiance in this place. I think it was an open space near the lobby that they decided to make into a restaurant. Boring and noisy because it is attached to the lobby.
- We were very disappointedBrunchguestDined on 12/22/2013We were very disappointed in the brunch at the Westin. The Westin did not have a bartender on duty so no Bloody Mary or Mimosa to enjoy with our brunch so they should not advertise as a brunch just as breakfast. Our service was very slow and the whole experience was very disappointing. We would not return.
- Date Night DisappointmentFoodrocksDined on 12/21/2013Pros....nice hotel....servers were friendly....good options on the menu....my husband thought his steak was delicious! Cons.....Food was luke warm....fish was---fishy!....Lights were too bright....felt like I was in a daycare with the running and crying children nearby....no music just noise from the lobby.Special Features:
- Great place to eat with excellentMartinVIPDined on 12/16/2013Great place to eat with excellent waiters and staffI would recommend this to a friend.
- They still need to improveJ111VIPDined on 10/19/2013I sometimes need to go there for business lunch. Considering the hotel grade, they still need to improve this in-house restaurant.
- Great potentialbasildaveVIPDined on 9/15/2013This restaurant has a lot of potential but it has to really try harder. The food was inconsistent but adequate. Some of it was very good and some was just OK. My salmon was under-seasoned an had no crust, yet our appetizers were very good, as were the drinks. This was a Sunday night and they were severely understaffed. Our waitress disappeared for long stretches and half the time we were served (and our drink orders were taken) by the hostess (who was excellent, good attitude and very attentive given what she was covering for)...Special Features:
- WestinChicagoVIPDined on 8/11/2013The potstickers came out cold and the dipping sauce for the calamari was too heavy. The shortribs were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, awful service.ErinDined on 8/10/2013We made a reservation here for 715 on a Saturday night for our anniversary, no need...the place was absolutely dead. We knew going into it that it was overpriced but we had a 20% off coupon for being a Starwood preferred guest so we thought "why not?" We sat down and it took our server about 5 minutes to even notice us. Bad start. The Caesar salad was delicious, but the rest of the food was pretty mediocre. I got the steak frites, medium rare, and it came out closer to medium well, my boyfriend got the green tea lacquered salmon, no hint of green tea. We didn't get a dessert, mainly because our server, Sarah, was awful and had absolutely no personality. Just all around a pretty bad experience.
- Good overallFoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2013It's a restaurant in a hotel, and most of the customers looked like they were on a business trip other than us. It was nice and quiet. We ordered Beefsteak tomato and fresh mozzarella with arugula to start, and it was well dressed. Our main course were Steak Frites, and they were well seasoned, juicy and tender. The fries were pretty good, too. Overall the food were good, and service was courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ok, service alsoOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/4/2013Food was ok, service also ok. Jazz music was very nice but very loud. So if you are planning to have a conversation with your party it's not going to happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/20/2013The chef is very talented. Our server, Helen, was friendly and offered several excellent t menu suggestions. And the manager visited once during, then again after the meal to make sure everything was satisfactory. A+++ - next time, we will try the patio.Special Features:
- Never on SundayBottomline222VIPDined on 4/21/2013Average hotel weekday breakfast buffet - not a Sunday brunch. Cold scrambled eggs and lackluster side with a real piano player do not make this a Sunday brunch. Yes they had a good omelet cook and a friendly staff but not what it used to be.Special Features:
- Would not go back again. MyChristianaDined on 3/29/2013Would not go back again. My boyfriend are always interested in trying new places, and we're open to trying hotel restaurants. For restaurant week in March this year, 2013, we decided to stay in Waltham. There were only 3 options in Waltham and we've tried the other two, why not try Seventy@Third. Sounded cool before we realized it was a hotel restaurant. The service was extremely slow, and there were a max of 5 tables with patrons. The food was ok, nothing to write home about. The ambiance and view was very nice, we were freezing at the table we wer seated at. Overall, good experience to remind us we don't like hotel restaurants.Special Features:
- Excellent lunch meeting locationStIvesDined on 3/26/2013Food was good. Service was excellent and quick for a lunch meeting.Special Features:
- Have been wanting to try theirNYCFoodieVIPDined on 3/17/2013Have been wanting to try their Sunday brunch for a while and finally went last Sunday. Food was good, although selection was limited for the price. 20 minutes away in Westford, the Westford Regency has a much better value and selection for Sunday brunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in Waltham!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/16/2013Fine dining, modern with no wait. staff was courteous and professional, excellent food @ reasonable price for the ambiance and quality.
- The Food was not very good,sjrudyDined on 1/24/2013The Food was not very good, especially for what you are paying. The service was good though. Glad I had a coupon.
- I was there for breakfast.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/19/2012I was there for breakfast. The food on the buffet was just OK. Omelet was very good. Not really close to being worth thirty dollars per person.
- I just love it here. It isOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/8/2012I just love it here. It is never busy on a Saturday night if the hotel guest are not there so I like that The food is pretty good and because it isn't busy you can have a nice leisurely meal.Special Features:
- Impressed my friend!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2012In my Open Table reservation, I had requested a table with a view that was also in a quiet area, because I was bringing a friend to the restaurant for the first time and wanted to be able to converse and to impress her. The staff came through with flying colors. Our table was off to the side, and my friend's chair faced the lovely view across the reservoir, right by the window. We had a really great time catching up and an elegant environment. Thanks!Special Features:
- go to the 99 down the streetOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2012Just awful. Food was terrible, Place was completely empty. They should shut it down and only hold corporate events or weddings not operate a restaurant.
- I will never go back. overJohnVIPDined on 7/2/2012I will never go back. over priced hotel food. I should have known when there were no other guests in what looked like a very large dining area.
- small expensive foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/12/2012The food was expensive, small, and not of good quality. I had better food at IKEA! The view is nice, and the wait staff was very nice.Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 7OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/9/2012We had a reservation for 7 pm on a Saturday night--usually a very busk time. We were one of two tables in this very large restaurant--deathly quiet except for a group apparently celebrating a bar mitzvah in the nearby bar. Pity--menu selection small but food very good, service attentive, good view from the windows and patio (rare in Waltham!); drinks, including beer, wildly overpriced. If you go here, order a drink somewhere else before you go!Special Features:
- We chose a table outside,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/19/2012We chose a table outside, beautiful view of sunset. Our waitress wasn't very knowledgealbe but polite. I ordered salmon with shiitake mushrooms and it was on a dry side. My husband had aged sirloin steak and it was prepeared right to order but lacked seasoning. So we had a good time , great view- you can see lake from there but food was just ok.Special Features:
- Overall a good meal, wentkimberDined on 3/22/2012Overall a good meal, went for restaurant week since the menu looking interesting. Great flavor combinations but the fish was a bit dry. Good service and wine selection, but ambiance was a little strange since you are right by the hotel entrance.
- Got zero attention when IOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/13/2012Got zero attention when I got there. Decided to take a table myself. No attention to details at all even though there were only 3 tables occupied. First and last time there... a shame, well located for business....
- We had dinner on SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/4/2012We had dinner on Saturday night with almost no one in the restaurant. Since this is a business hotel, that is expected on a weekend. The food was good to very good but a little expensive for the quality. Although the room is set up for a good view of the area, in the evening the reflection of the interior lights prevent that. During the day it would be much better Service was good.
- Christmas dayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011Went there on Christmas day as we scrambled to find a place open. Our 1pm reservation ended up being for the buffet brunch whick shut down at 1pm. Fortunately we arrived at 12:45 and were able to get a plate of breakfast brunch for $25.00 per. Staff was clueless on the reseervation and offered no alternative for dining after brunch.
- Loved the steakOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2011This was my first time at this restaurant and I love it. I had their steak and was pleasantly surprised that it was seasoned- so many places don't season their steak which is shame because with a little seasoning steak is so much better. Wait staff was super nice and very around the way friendlySpecial Features:
- Fine if you've got 3 hours to killkpwBostonDined on 8/20/2011After two tries, we're done. Service was horrible. It wasn't the servers' fault, but an interminable wait for food from the kitchen, both times! Many others walked out, be we stuck it out because at least our servers were kind and apologetic. I'm usually willing to overlook long waits, especially if the house takes care of us (which they did on our first occasion), but each time we waited over an hour from being seated to getting our entrees. Twice. Sorry, we won't be back.
- We went for Restaurant Week,cottonballDined on 8/19/2011We went for Restaurant Week, so the menu was limited, but what we had was fantastic!! The desserts were amazing!Special Features:
- Very good but not really exceptionaSamGDined on 8/18/2011Very good but not really exceptional for the price.