Seven's Mediterranean Turkish Grill
158 West 72nd St.
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Seven's Mediterranean Turkish Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://seventurkishgrill.com/
- Phone: 2127244700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Turkish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wine
A word from Seven's Mediterranean Turkish Grill
Here at Seven's Turkish Grill we use the freshest ingredients. We do not use processed or frozen food. Everything here is made fresh from our kebabs to our Pides. We offer delicious homemade specialties at affordable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seven's Mediterranean Turkish Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Very pleasant eveningSallyDined on 8/5/2014Seven's is a very good neighborhood restaurant with a friendly and efficient staff. They have an interesting Mediterranean menu. The staff is friendly and the service is good -- and they never interrupt conversation at the table, something all too rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodJoanVIPDined on 7/1/2014Friendly and efficient staff - reasonable prices - delicious, tasty food.Special Features:
- No disappointments .DakotahDined on 6/24/2014Delightful atmosphere,Delicous Food,Dilligent Service,Damned good wine choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedbennycDined on 6/16/2014Food was good, as the meat was juicy and not dry. Only complaint was that the portions were a bit small for the price relative to competitors.
- Great foodYLB88Dined on 6/13/2014Our dinner was outstanding. We had lamb chops, kebob of ground lamb and sea bass. Everything was expertly prepared and delicious. The mixed appetizer with their special bred was amazing. Everything was very reasonably priced for Manhattan. We will definitely come back
- Seven's continues to be superlativeFleanceVIPDined on 6/4/2014Seven's is a gem -- excellent and innovative Turkish food. Exceptionally efficient service -- we had a particularly lovely Turkish waitress, who made very good recommendations; comfortable surroundings; and very affordable. I took two very fussy friends from Washington, D.C. (I've never taken them to a restaurant where they didn't complain about something) -- and they loved everything! They had the swordfish kebab special (which the waitress highly recommended), and said they never tasted such good swordfish in the lives! I'm lucky to live within walking distance of this restaurant, but it is easily accessible by subway and bus, from all over town.Special Features:
- bland and blandershelleyVIPDined on 5/14/2014I think the title says it all. Nice waitress, but food is good for nursing homes. What happened to adding some spice/taste to the dishes?
- Enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014Convenient to Lincoln Center. More modestly priced than other neighborhood restaurants.
- The following 121 reviews are from the Seven's Mediterranean Turkish Grill reviews archive.
- Always reliableUWSfoodieDined on 4/26/2014The menu does not change and the food is consistently fresh and well prepared. It is well priced for a restaurant in the Lincoln Center neighborhood. I almost always have a whole fish. It comes with a salad and I enjoy how simply it is made. My husband likes the lamb chops. Friends and relatives who join us are always pleased with the variety on the menu and the extent of Turkish specialties offered. I have been here for lunch and dinner and I am never disappointed.Special Features:
- Decent food and moderate prices.SuzanneVIPDined on 3/20/2014Decent food and moderate prices. Staff very nice but service slow.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceNB18Dined on 3/8/2014A bit crowded & loud, but in every other way, an excellent, moderately-priced restaurant. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant, quiet, good foodbonappetitDined on 3/5/2014I and my friends enjoyed Seven's Mediterranean Turkish Grill. The food was good, the service very good, and, very important to those in the over 60 crowd, the noise level was low. We could hear each other talk! (You should add this to the list of why a place is recommended.) I would recommend it for a low-key evening when visiting with friends is more important than great food, as opposed to good, food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can do betterCather123VIPDined on 3/5/2014The food here is just okay. The chicken chops were just passable, not great quality chicken and, like everything else we ate, loaded with salt. Best thing we had was the babaganoush and the bread. Wine by the glass is not great and is overpriced. The area is loaded with little restaurants, and others are better.
- Eat regular kebobs, not seafooddogownerVIPDined on 3/1/2014Reasonably priced restaurant not far from Lincoln Center. The appetizers we had were excellent (babaganoush and stuffed eggplant). In the past we've had regular chicken or lamb kebobs and enjoyed them. This time we had shrimp and fish and were disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The appetizers were terrific.XAT1Dined on 2/14/2014The appetizers were terrific. The lamb was very good and portions were large; side vegetables were overdone, however. Music was lovely in the background and at an appropriate noise level; once our noisy neighbors left, the sound was fine and we were able to converse easily. Servers allowed us to sit and talk and we did not feel rushed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, good foodCather123VIPDined on 2/14/2014This is a pleasant place for decent Turkish food. I particularly liked the salmon wrapped in grape leaves, which is something I've never seen on a menu before. It came with salad, which was fine. The babaganoush appetizer was especially good, mellow with good eggplant flavor and not overloaded with garlic or onion. Homemade bread to go with it was outstanding. The Turkish wine by the glass was just passable and not worth the price. I guess that's where the real profit lies, since the food prices are very reasonable. Decor is very nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodtrainmanDined on 2/5/2014been here many times - service friendly and attentive, food terrific, especially the fishSpecial Features:
- A RELIABLE TREATGracieDined on 2/1/2014My friends and I always enjoy Seven after an opera at the Met. It is a short walk and the food is always good. The staff always makes you feel welcome. We come away saying that it was a great meal for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reliable upper west side gemCandGDined on 1/14/2014Convenient location, nice ambience, good food and reasonable wine list. Can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seven (plus 25)BonnemamanVIPDined on 12/18/2013I had a reservation for me and a friend and in fact was shown to a table -- the last one available at 1:00 p.m. because there was a group of 25-26 having lunch. It was almost impossible to pass by the other tables and the wait staff was totally preoccupied with the large party. We had menus but it was 40 minutes before we could snag someone to take our order. Then the food came fairly quickly and was good -- though WAY too heavy on bell peppers which I'm not sure anyone eats in Turkey. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and try one more time to see what it's like without the herd. They definitely should have closed the restaurant for the large group and said it was a private party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprise jewelGiniVIPDined on 12/14/2013The food was excellent. The appetizers were amazing. We ate falafel, octopus and eggplant dip and all were fabulous . The bread was also different and delicious.Special Features:
- Turkish delightGolfpugDined on 12/11/2013A wonderfully reasonable lunch menu that features fresh, well prepared fare. The staff was super gracious and accommodating. We would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Turkish cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/8/2013Excellent Turkish cuisine served by a very friendly staff. I have been several times I the past few years and have never been disappointed. The flat bread pizzas, salads, zucchini pancakes, and meat kebabs are all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Turkish on the UWS!FleanceVIPDined on 12/4/2013I've passed Seven's for ages without trying it, perhaps partly because I felt the name was silly. But some friends wanted to go there a few months ago, and I loved it. I went back the other night. Seven's is a very comfortable neighborhood restaurant where you can have an excellent meal served in comfortable surroundings at a reasonable price. The variety of dishes is amazing, including some Turkish dishes I have not seen on other NYC Turkish menus. Everything is delicious. I had Turkish stuffed cabbage for my main course and loved it. The first courses are delicious. I like the the zucchini pancakes and the Findik Lahmacun, particularly. The staff is gracious and efficient.Special Features:
- Great lunchtime bargainWagstumpDined on 12/4/2013The lunch specials are a choice of an appetizer/soup and a main dish with an included glass of wine for $13. If you like middle eastern food, then give this place a try. It is near the Beacon Theater, Lincoln Center and less than a block to the 72nd street subway station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was deliciouszeeceeVIPDined on 11/16/2013There is no better way to start a meal than with wonderful breads and spreads, which we did. The main dishes were great and plentiful. Prices are reasonable. This is one of the few places in that neighborhood that I truly enjoy (we live downtown, where eating is plentiful)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value on Upper West SideOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013Sevens has a wide-ranging menu with entrees reasonably priced, making it a good place to go with friends in that area. Food is well prepared, flavorful and attractively presented although my kebabs were slight over cooked. I should have told the server medium rare on the lamb. The flatbread appetizer with with ground lamb in a spicy tomato sauce was a good starter. It came with three pieces, one for everyone in our party. The almond pudding was milky and a nice dessert alternative to the rice pudding and baklava, which is also offered. Nice selection of wines from Turkey and other countries. This was our second visit. Definitely a place to keep in mind when on the Upper West Side.Special Features:
- Staff is always friendly andKathVIPDined on 10/21/2013Staff is always friendly and accommodating. Food not as good this visit as in past times, but will still go there for their grilled octopus.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for the right priceDanielDined on 10/19/2013The menu is really excellent and they managed to get all the food for our group of 7 out at the same time. My only complaint was the volume of sound. They need to invest in some sound dampening tiles for the ceiling. It's not bad if you are right next to the person you're communicating with.
- Absolutely amazingAni1Dined on 10/5/2013The food was beyond what I had expected. Everything was delicious! I would definitely return and recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- appetizers were fab. yogurtdivaDined on 9/28/2013appetizers were fab. yogurt sauce with mint delicious. great bread. main courses just ok. salmon was loaded with bones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was superb. I willCharVIPDined on 9/20/2013The food was superb. I will definitely return. Thanks to Open Table that we discovered Seven!Special Features:
- A Middle Eastern gem!CandGDined on 9/19/2013A very nice introduction to Middle Eastern/Turkish cuisine -- very reasonable menu prices, including a good selection of wine by the bottle. Very attentive staff ... nice ambience ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish Delight!1njgalVIPDined on 9/19/2013The three of us very much enjoyed our dinner at Sevens. Conveniently located on W. 72 St off Bdwy, this is a very attractive restaurant. We started with a sampler of hummus, eggplant, etc with fresh bead....very enjoyable. I had the shrimp kebab entree, served with rice...delicious. Another friend had a fish entree which she said was great. When in the area, I would definitely return for another meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2013I've been eating at this restaurant for a number of years and will say that the overall quality of product and service is consistent. It's a nice sized sit down venue which features a wide array of food choices. I have had the gyro and kebabs in the past and will say that they are good but not great. Their fish, the Durado in particular is very good. If you are looking for a place that has space, a wide selection of food and is reasonably priced, this place is for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good neighborhood Turkish ....OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2013Our first time here even though we live in the neighborhood and frequent many Turkish restaurants all over the city. We liked it very much! We received a friendly welcome, plus the dining room is pleasant, the service is competent and the food is good. We started with the house special pide - stuffed bread - though the plain warm bread they serve with dinner is also fresh and delicious. My husband had the mixed grill and I had the chicken kebabs, both very good. We shared the almond pudding for dessert and enjoyed that as well. Wine by the glass is good and reasonably priced. It is a fine place for dinner any day of week.Special Features:
- Good overall.WhatDoIKnowVIPDined on 9/4/2013The food was good, the ambiance was nice, and the staff was great. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- traditional lamb and yoghurtmannyrDined on 8/30/2013traditional lamb and yoghurt dishes are very good and well-spiced. they really excel at grilled fresh fish. prices are gentle and staff is very nice and helpful in explaining dishes you may be unfamiliar with. we keep going back there with friends and nobody has ever been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2013Food and service were great. The food was the freshest!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Turkish cuisine eateryluvgdfdDined on 8/16/2013The food is tasty but the service was rushed once we got a waiter's attention. We'd ordered several small dishes and had requested what order to serve them in but we were not given enough time and had to keep asking that they take food back to the kitchen as we were still eating the previous courses. The staff was pleasant but they didn't all understand English well enough. So I'd recommend the place with cautions.I would recommend this to a friend.