Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar
700 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.7mpls.net/
- Phone: 6122387770x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (pre-reserved dine-in only)
Restaurant Dining Hours:
- Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Monday - Friday 4:00pm- 6:30pm STEAKHOUSE & SKYBAR levels
- Sunday - Wednesday: 6:00pm-11pm
- Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm-2am
- All You Can-Eat Sushi 6pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering services are available 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! We can bring the catering to your location or you can book out space in our restaurant any time of the day. Call us today at 612–746–1714 for more information!
- Entertainment: Check our website for upcoming live musical events and make sure to watch for our wonderful performances at the neighboring Pantages Theatre!
- Special Events: We are more than happy to assist you on your special events such as anniversaries, birthdays, and graduations. We will gladly add flowers to your table and help you in anyway possible to make your event a memorable one!
- Cross Street: 7th Street
- Public Transit: 3, 5, 16,19, 22, 94, 134, 144, 353, 355, 365, 375, 452, 721, 724, 755, 758 and 764. Get specific directions at http://www.metrotransit.org/
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available daily after 6pm on 7th street on the left curb just beyond Hennepin Avenue. We offer complimentary valet parking daily, from 6pm-9pm, with dinner purchase.
* Valet parking is not valid in conjunction with other offers, promotions, discounts and coupons.
A word from Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar
Seven Steakhouse, Sushi, Ultralounge & Skybar is a four story facility featuring the best of world cuisines. On the main floor you will experience our renewal of the classic American steakhouse offering refined traditional American and Italian cuisines, warm hospitality and unparalleled table side service. We serve the highest quality wet aged 1881 Omaha beef, 18 month grass fed and grain fed finished for optimum marbling along with the freshest seafood that is sure to please everyone’s appetite. Pair any of our menu items with our carefully crafted wine list featuring bottles from all over the world. On the second floor our chic lounge atmosphere offers the freshest sushi prepared by our professionally trained chefs. Don’t forget about our 5 star rooftop patio where we offer the foods from all levels of the restaurant with comfortable lounge and cabana seating and amazing views of downtown Minneapolis. At Seven, we are here to meet and exceed your expectations in every way possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (120)hot spot (83)good for groups (77)romantic (74)scenic view (62)vibrant bar scene (61)great for outdoor dining (56)fit for foodies (54)notable wine list (46)late-night find (31)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- First timersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The steaks we had were really good,the hash browns were perfect,crispy on the outside,soft on the inside. The salads were good too,just a little loud in the resturant that night. We will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014pricey - and far too loud and far too dark but fabulous foodSpecial Features:
- Anniversary dinnerktdidDined on 9/27/2014We brought our daughter and son in law for their 1st wedding anniversary. The ambiance was great, food was good although we thought somewhat spendy in comparison with other comparable quality of restaurants/food. Our server was attentive and informative, we really liked her and she brought a couple of complimentary desserts for the table when she heard why we there! Very thoughtful! Would definitately go again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good FoodyeschickDined on 9/27/2014Food is always good, wait staff friendly. We've had issues in the past of them closing at inopportune times (like 10:30 on Halloween 2013), but you can always depend on the food when they are open.Special Features:
- Great experiencefantasticnightDined on 9/24/2014The host and the waiter where great, they recommended may great choices and very hospitable, We ha a great time and she really loved having her birthday there, then after being on the Skydeck made her night even betterSpecial Features:
- I wanted to like it more than I didJamieDined on 9/23/2014The food was fine, but the price was high...the service was constant upsell. I ordered what I ordered.Special Features:
- Horrible!LilyDined on 9/20/2014Made my reservation three weeks ago, after checking in with our hostess, she informed us that she would be texting us as soon as our table was ready. 40mins later, I went to see her to ask her if our table was ready yet, she pretty much admitted of forgetting about us! When the food finally arrived, it was cold. For the price that they charge you would expect their food to be amazing but it was just blah!!
- Nice as alwaysajymcaDined on 9/20/2014Had a group of guys in Minneapolis for a "guys weekend" filled with Twins and Gophers. Finished up with a great meal. Molly our waitress was very polite and accommodating. The restaurant was very busy, so at times it seemed to take longer that we would have liked for drinks and re-orders. All in all, food was very good, my steak was not as excellent as in the past, but still very good. For the pricing, a person is expecting, excellent though. That's all. we finished the night up with drinks in the sky bar...that was a lot of fun as well and well work the visit if you have not been there. Have dined there several times and always enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Great service!! Sushi was great as well. Sara was our server, she was really good about reccomending drinks and foods as wellSpecial Features:
- Long wait for foodZMonsterDined on 9/15/2014Dined here a few times, decent food, but it takes forever. Most recent visit was dinner on a Monday night. The restaurant wasn't overly busy but we had to wait well over an hour from the time we sat down to the time we had food...and all we ordered was a side salad and three sushi rolls.
- Great food and serviceJLM61Dined on 9/14/2014We had a party of 8 and enjoy great food and service. Wonderful filet mignon, Carpaccio and lobster bisque soup. Others enjoyed sushi. Its a bit spendy, but worth the splurge. Mark West Pinot noir wine was excellent.Special Features:
- Sirloin comes up shortOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Wife's fillet mignon was delicious. The house sirloin failed greatly in comparison. I get better value and flavor in a sirloin from OutbackSpecial Features:
- First time and loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Would go back because the food was awesome and the place was beautiful. Had a great roof top too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhMichaelMNDined on 9/13/2014Food was okay. Ordered the Sushi for two and the waitress didn't tell us what was on the plate. My wife and female friends ordered martinis and they were not good-too sweet. Service was super slow. I would rather go to CRAVE across the street for the money I spend.Special Features:
- Great Sushijayhawk08Dined on 9/12/2014This place was really good....I got there early and had a drink at the bar! Then we got a really nice booth and ordered our dinner! We ordered Edamame and the Firecracker roll!! AMAZING!! Best sushi downtown if you ask me! Oh and the outdoor area upstairs looked really awesome however it was chilly and I didn't want to go stand outside!Special Features:
- Nothing Short of AmazingMinnesotaPride14Dined on 9/12/2014A group of my friends and I came on a Friday night and it was amazing! Great service, phenomenal food, a little spendy but worry every penny!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Dinner at SevenMickiDined on 9/11/2014Perfect for a business dinner. Since our dinner was on a Thursday the noise level was very tolerable, especially since we were seated in the dining room area. We ate there again on Saturday and were seated in the bar area and the noise and traffic going past our booth was a little much. The food was consistently good. Our service on Thursday was quite a bit more attentive than on Saturday. All in all, a place that I would return to for a special evening.Special Features:
- Rooftop diningfoodie2Dined on 9/6/2014Very cool place, food was very good!! We sat on the rooftop area, had a great view of downtown Minneapolis!! Would definitely recommend a visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my best experienceKristineVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been coming to Seven for many years now for special events and always look forward to it. We were in celebrating my husbands 35th birthday with friends and from the moment we were seated at our table we could tell that something was off. Our server brought us water in plastic cups because she said that the dishwasher was broke. We found this odd considering she could get glassware from the bar. Next, we placed our food order and felt that we waited a long time to get our food. One of the sides was incorrect and by the time we received it, the rest of the table was finished eating. My husband's sushi didn't seem as fresh as it used to be. We ordered dessert and that took 30 minutes to get and they were melted.Special Features:
- Great Service!!ChrisandHeatherDined on 9/5/2014We went there for our Anniversary, we had a great waitress, very friendly and very knowledgeable about the steaks and other food. Sushi was amazing and so was the steaks. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my favoriteHelmHoffVIPDined on 8/31/2014I'm not overly impressed by Seven, the food is mediocre and not cheap.Special Features:
- Sad to say…. DisappointedKerryDined on 8/30/2014When booking online through OpenTable apparently it needs to be specified you would like to be seated on the first floor (Steakhouse) and not second (Sushi). We were automatically sent to the second level and asked to be switched. There were many seats and tables open on the first level and we were still not able to be seated. The Sushi level was not as comfortable, loud, our seat was next to a huge birthday party, and our service wasn't good. For example, the server couldn't explain the cut and tenderness of a manhatten steak which lead my guest to dip his dry steak in soy/wasabi sauce.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasions Spectacular!PCluv7Dined on 8/30/2014If you are looking for a unique place to celebrate a special occasion, Seven is that place. The seating options (the Steakhouse, the Sushi bar, and the roof) and ambiance are perfect. The menu options are plentiful. The wait staff are true professionals. The food (petit fillets, mushrooms, and mashed sweet potatoes) are perfection. This is our favorite "special occasion" restaurant in the city.Special Features:
- AgeInterestingVIPDined on 8/28/2014I am not impressed with Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar. However, my dinner companions thoroughly enjoyed the food, ambience, and the service provided by our adorable server, Lavita. While the fella’s enjoyed starters of wings, and calamari of which they rated a strong 7, I went for the caperse salad…..not so good, the balsamic was a miss. For dinner, the New York Strip, 7 style….the fella’s were sold!! I on the other hand had the Lobster Bisque, of which had plenty of Lobster, but was salty. With all this being said, I am really not the demographic for this restaurant, and I am most assuredly say I will not return. But for those under 35, I will recommend highly.Special Features:
- The meal was amazingJohnLDined on 8/25/2014Fantastic food. The steak was better than the steak at Manny's as well as the Sea Bass was fantastic. Would recommend the steakhouse at Seven to anyone. Our waitress and the other waiters made the evening enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great birthday night on the town!TiffinyDined on 8/23/2014Food was great, service decent. We stuffed ourselves with GREAT sushi, and our waiter brought a special treat (molten lava cake) for the birthday boy! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service, wait time & food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014Our experience at Seven was horrible from the moment we arrived. Our reservation was unable to be honored due to table availability. We decided to sit at the bar and eat. Our service was horrible, we waited over 45 minutes for our appetizer and longer for our main dishes. Our main dishes were served 10 minutes apart from each other. When someone, obviously a manager, stopped to ask how our experience was, we told them of our dissatisfaction and she basically said I'm sorry to hear that and walked away as if she could care less about the issues.
- Good sushi and comfy boothsVannaswedeDined on 8/22/2014Celebrated our anniversary at Seven Sushi. Our server was very cordial and attentive, and we even got a couple of glasses of bubbly as a congratulations (we got to pick between dessert or bubbly) The only thing that was a negative was the view from our window seat. Asked for a nice view of downtown and got a view of the Block E construction zone - not that Seven can help that Block E is being renovated. Oh, and there seemed to be only one wine list for the entire restaurant. :-) We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining before an event.PINKfanDined on 8/22/2014This is a prime spot for food and drinks before a sporting event, concert or theater show. The food is consistently good and the roof top bar is a nice place to sip a cocktail while enjoying the view of the downtown skyline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBusinessLunchDined on 8/22/2014Seven Steakhouse was fabulous. Host Noah and waiter David took great care of us and helped us celebrate our 38 years of marriage. Start off with a customized menu wished us a Happy 38th Anniversary. A bit of champagne followed by Crab cake and Chilled Shrimp appetizer was romantic and scrumptious. The bone-in filet was cooked to perfection and very flavorful. Good view to do some wonderful people watching...the Twins game mixed with quite a few Kitty Cats heading to Katy Perry's concert. A great evening...Thank you Seven for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful Celebration DinnerPantera12Dined on 8/21/2014We dined here with our nephew to celebrate his graduation. The staff went out of their way to make the night special for him. We had tender mouth-watering steaks. The firecracker sushi roll was delicious. The truffle Mac and cheese was creamy and flavorful. Topped off with creme brule for dessert. As great as the good was, the service was even better. Our waiter Pablo was exceptional. He answered questions, made recommendations and when secured a table on the rooftop patio for after dinner drinks. It was a fantastic night for all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Sushi, High CostdcfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014Why do I ignore the signs? First, the chopsticks they provided were worse than those found at grocery stores - about 6" long and the kind you have to peel apart, leaving one thicker than the other. For a steakhouse charging $70+ for steaks, and a place calling itself a "Sushi Ultralounge" it can bump up the disposable utensils. Then there was the sushi itself; I ordered the sashimi platter. The sashimi was near mutilated on its edges, and the texture was off, especially the tuna. I should have said something then, but I failed. Then the bite, the bite that kept me up all night with frequent trips to the bathroom. I was too late. TLDR - the price does not match the quality. Our server was nice but not professional.
- Long delays and oblivious staffdowntowndinerDined on 8/20/2014When we sat down we advised the waiter that we only had 90 min to eat before we left. He recommended sushi, 75 minutes later we were still without food and viewing our second round of drinks slowly warming on the bar. When the food did arrive the rice was dry, tempura was thick and the fish tasteless. But for $140 why would I expect anything more? Never again.
- Gross.mplsblhDined on 8/20/2014First of all, our waiter was awesome. He did everything he could to make our experience good. Our problems were all with the actual food/cleanliness of the restaurant. The first problem we had was that our appetizer plates and bowls were dirty. Waiter brought us a new pair and they were dirty too (he noticed it before we did). We ordered a sushi appetizer. The appetizer took about 30 minutes and when we got it, most of the sushi was warm and some of it bordered on warmer than room temperature. We complained, got a new order right away and it was the same. At that point, we decided to cancel the rest of our order and head out as we had a show to go to. To their credit, they only charged us for our drinks.
- Had dinner with a friend from NYPurpleDined on 8/20/2014It was a good time with great ambiance, food and service. Can't wait to go back for the Truffle Mac & Cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food took forever!kageevDined on 8/18/2014My friend and I made this "our" spot last Monday for the 1st time.She went with the all you can eat sushi & I got the Juicy Cheese Stuffed Burger.Our waitress mentioned the all you can eat sushi takes a while & that you can only order 3 rolls at a time,which we were fine with. But,she didn't mention it would take 40 minutes! During the entire 40 minutes, our waitress did not check back with us at all. She walked passed us about 10 times & never once gave us an update on our food until I stopped her myself. She could at least have said something like,"I apologize for the wait.We are shorthanded tonight and are really busy.We are still working on your sushi & it will be out asap". My burger arrived 5 min after my friend's food & it was rawSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014We've dined at Seven before and had a positive experience. For whatever reason, the service and ambiance were really lacking the night we were there. Our server was friendly, but he was very slow and they seemed to be confused on proper protocol. Just a weird dining experience over all, which was surprising. The food and drinks were good, which made up for the other issues.Special Features:
- wonderful service!gingersnapDined on 8/15/2014I made a reservation for my birthday for a group of people. Our server, Muhammed was very attentive and fun. He and several other people kept our water glasses full and made sure we always had what we needed. Food was great! We all ordered sushi. The only negative part was that I couldn't find the complimentary valet parking that was supposedly there, but that may have been my fault. I don't do downtown very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7 year anniversarysandinaDined on 8/11/2014my husband and i celebrated our 7 year anniversary at Seven. We sat in the ultralounge at the sushi bar. Sara our server was excellent making our experience perfect. she made us our bananas foster to perfection, was timely, friendly and fabulous! following dinner we went to the rooftop and met Ari, the best bartender ever. He made us laugh, was very friendly and was absolutely a sweetheart. thank you so much for making our anniversary wonderful!Special Features:
- Great food, hip sceneMikeSDined on 8/7/2014We love rooftop dining here, but the hip bar scene takes over on weeknights. You can't go wrong with sushi, steaks, or seafood. Very pricey but worth the spend for great food, service, and atmosphere. This is a must-visit whenever we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.