Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar
700 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.7mpls.net/
- Phone: (612) 238-7770
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (pre-reserved dine-in only)
Restaurant Dining Hours:
- Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Monday - Friday 4:00pm- 6:30pm STEAKHOUSE & SKYBAR levels
- Sunday - Wednesday: 6:00pm-11pm
- Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm-2am
- All You Can-Eat Sushi 6pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering services are available 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! We can bring the catering to your location or you can book out space in our restaurant any time of the day. Call us today at 612–746–1714 for more information!
- Entertainment: Check our website for upcoming live musical events and make sure to watch for our wonderful performances at the neighboring Pantages Theatre!
- Special Events: We are more than happy to assist you on your special events such as anniversaries, birthdays, and graduations. We will gladly add flowers to your table and help you in anyway possible to make your event a memorable one!
- Cross Street: 7th Street
- Public Transit: 3, 5, 16,19, 22, 94, 134, 144, 353, 355, 365, 375, 452, 721, 724, 755, 758 and 764. Get specific directions at http://www.metrotransit.org/
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available daily after 6pm on 7th street on the left curb just beyond Hennepin Avenue. We offer complimentary valet parking daily, from 6pm-9pm, with dinner purchase.
* Valet parking is not valid in conjunction with other offers, promotions, discounts and coupons.
A word from Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar
Seven Steakhouse, Sushi, Ultralounge & Skybar is a four story facility featuring the best of world cuisines. On the main floor you will experience our renewal of the classic American steakhouse offering refined traditional American and Italian cuisines, warm hospitality and unparalleled table side service. We serve the highest quality wet aged 1881 Omaha beef, 18 month grass fed and grain fed finished for optimum marbling along with the freshest seafood that is sure to please everyone’s appetite. Pair any of our menu items with our carefully crafted wine list featuring bottles from all over the world. On the second floor our chic lounge atmosphere offers the freshest sushi prepared by our professionally trained chefs. Don’t forget about our 5 star rooftop patio where we offer the foods from all levels of the restaurant with comfortable lounge and cabana seating and amazing views of downtown Minneapolis. At Seven, we are here to meet and exceed your expectations in every way possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)hot spot (102)good for groups (94)romantic (90)vibrant bar scene (75)fit for foodies (69)scenic view (56)notable wine list (53)late-night find (46)great for outdoor dining (42)neighborhood gem (25)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The only disappointments were that our apps came at the same time as our meal so our table was crowded and we felt rushed. Also with only 3 people we were sat a large booth so it was very hard to have a conversation without yelling across the table to the other person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- queenofmilesDined on 11/15/2014High-energy location. Employees seem to be "tripping" each other. Service was slow but food was excellent (we almost left - but glad we stayed & enjoyed our order)Special Features:
- SachbeDined on 11/15/2014Our Server was FANTASTIC!! Very attentive but didn't overdue it. The meal was prepared perfectly-so much so that when I took my leftover ribeye home I was able to reheat twice and it stayed moist and flavorful. I had written in the comment when I booked the table that it was my husbands birthday and we were all so pleased when our server brought him a huge brownie with a candle in it and said "happy birthday". It was a perfect experience. Thanks to your entire staff.Special Features:
- Service was very poorShortyDined on 11/15/2014While the food was very good this was far out weighed by the poor service. THe waiter was very quick to take dring orders when we were seated, but it took over 30 minutes for him to return to take our orders. Once our orders were placed it was over an hour before food was delivered and this appeared to be only after we asked several times about the staus of our order and then asked to speak to the manager. While it was a busy evening in the restaurant that evening other tables around us that were seated after us were already completing their meals by the time our food was delivered. Management did comp a portion of the meal and a portion of the beverages and the food was good. However, the overall experience may hamper me from visiting this restaurant again.
- It was ok, but not greatdnlsDined on 11/15/2014The location is great. I expected something exceptional and was treated to something that was a little better than ok. We sat in the steakhouse section, apparently a little too close to the door. It was cold, no, it was freezing by the door. It was very uncomfortable and distracting with cold air constantly blowing in. The waiter was very good. The food was good, but not awesome, and it was so loud in there that we could not talk across the table. How about a little sound dampening fgs? My expectations were extremely high, but my experience was less than impressed. Maybe we were there at the wrong time?? I would have gladly paid the high price, or more, for an exceptional experience, but this time I felt we way overpaid for what we got.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Our server was very attentive and his personality was inviting. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Seven is my favorite! The varitety is always outstanding and the service is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $$BdayDinerDined on 11/8/2014I took my wife out for dinner on her Birthday. I choose Seven because we both enjoy having a good prime steak on occasions. Since we have 2 young kids that have us running nonstop for all of there activities for don't get out to nice restaurants very often anymore. We got there about 30 minutes early and still got seated right away which was nice, but everything went down from there. It took a long time to get our food and drinks ordered. When our food came my wife's steak came way under down and was sent back twice and after the last time it came out it was over done and had been cut into many pieces. With so many places to choose from in the city I don't think we will be going back.
- Great service!mattDined on 11/8/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and were not disappointed. Our server was excellent, food was great, and the atmosphere was very trendy and upbeat. Just be prepared to drop some cash here.Special Features:
- Best Dinner Ever Had!!NickDined on 11/8/2014We had great service with Tim as our server. He was personable and friendly, and everything was great. It was a perfect beginning to an awesome night leading to a long overdo Garth Brooks concert (a 16 years wait). It was a perfect night! Thank You so very much!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerCowboyDinnerDined on 11/8/2014We are here before one of the Garth Brooks concerts last week. The service was great! Tim really knew everything about what was on all of the menus! Steaks were cooked to perfection and the Cheddar Bacon Mashed Potatoes were amazing. We never felt rushed, but they had us fed and the bill payed with plenty of time to make it to the show early! Just an overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and foodBTOTCBDined on 11/7/2014Staff was great and were very helpful with selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convert for SushiDavidDined on 11/7/2014NOt being much for Sushi my Wife ordered dinner. When served I keep an open mind and try each.... WOW this was so good!! I asked if we should cancel dinner and order more Sushi. I will definitely be back for more of that.Special Features:
- great experienceMistyraquelDined on 11/7/2014we had a great experience at this restaurant! We dined on the sushi level and were able to have a cocktail at the bar before we took our table. All the staff was very courteous. The bartender was even kind enough to take our photo. one person in our group had never had a martini before and the bartender had a fabulous recommendation of the flirtini. She loved it.he also put his own twist on the Hendricks martini which was absolutely wonderful. We had Patrick as our server and I can say he is probably one of the best servers I've ever had. the only issue we had was just a little bit of a long wait for our food but the ambiance and the service made up for that. I will be back thank you very much Seven it was a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Go On A Busy NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014I've been to Seven multiple times and never ever have I ever waited very long for my food. After waiting a HOUR AND 20 MINUTES, we actually had to cancel our order so we weren't late to the show we were going to. We had ordered 2 sushi rolls, an order of bleu cheese gnocchi and lobster ravioli. That is absolutely obnoxious for it to take that long, and still not receive our food. Our salads and appetizers came out appropriately, and our server Justin was fantastic.... Unfortunately the kitchen dropped the ball with the entree's.
- Greeeaaattt ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Our server's name was Travis and he was absolutely outstanding!!! He was so personable, friendly, and knowledgeable. He immediately asked what our schedule was and catered the rest of the evening based off of our schedule. We were not in a hurry and Travis allowed us to take our time and enjoy the entire experience. He was able to recommend several wines based off of our likes. He suggested the best crab cake appetizer and also had an amazing presentation on the variety of steaks available. My mouth was watering by the end of the presentation. The entire evening was really enjoyable and was well worth the visit. I would definitely go back and ask for Travis!!!Special Features:
- Best nite outTaterDined on 11/7/2014The staff was great food was amazing atmeper was nice would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Travis was our waiter. He is one of the best! Food was great, service was better, but the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!!!MplsFoodieDined on 11/6/2014One of my top 5 in the USA for steaks!!!! We have made Sevens a place that we visit for both business and casual. Great food, wine list, and ambiance. Also, if you are attending an event at Target center or field, it is about a block away and a great place to catch pre-event eats....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeeSVIPDined on 11/6/2014Accommodating to dining before shows. Great service from Travis. Brownie sundae awesome.Special Features:
- Great Way to Kick Off GarthBaylakerDined on 11/6/2014Thanks for a great dinner before the show. And love the table by the fireplace.Special Features:
- drewdogDined on 11/6/2014We both ordered the pre-show special file mignon oscar style. Service was great like it usually is for us at Seven. The food was a little disappointing for the first time.Special Features:
- DisappointedMsherenowVIPDined on 11/3/2014Had high hopes but was disappointed. Wait staff awkward and unorganized. Not at the caliber of a high end restaurant, more like Applebee's. Steak was very bland and no creativity. Pork chop not seasoned well and very dry for being medium cooked. I could have gone to Costco and prepared myself a much better meal. Wait staff didn't know wines. Beet salad was drenched in balsamic. i could go on, but really feel that for the prices they charge they need to elevate their service and food.Special Features:
- Good timelala50Dined on 11/3/2014Went for an early business dinner and still a great setting to talk and have a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014The food was amazing, but our service was not. She only came back to take our order and to bring our bill (which was the wrong bill). No one even asked it if it was OK or if we needed anything while we were eating, just came and took our plates when done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Bar @ SevenJHSMDDined on 11/1/2014I have been to the Steakhouse here and that is great! The Sushi Bar is not really a bar, you have no interaction with the Sushi Chefs who are behind a tall sushi bar refrigerator, you can only see the tops of their hats. You order from the wait staff, not the sushi chefs. My idea is that you talk to the chefs and buy them a beer or two! Not what I expected. SorrySpecial Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014What a great night! Our food was excellent and every recommendation made by our server was spot-on. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:
- Not what I am use to from SevenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014It was my son's 16th birthday so we went before the t-wolves vs chicago because he loves eating at there. Our reservation was for 5pm and The place was virtually empty, it still took an hour for our food to come out and was luke warm at best. We only ordered 3 appetizers and a firecracker role but I noticed people who sat down before us receive their meals before us. Very disappointed in a restaurant we normally enjoy.
- excellentsandinaDined on 10/31/2014halloween at seven was an outstanding dining experience. excellent food, wonderful waitstaff and plenty to see. thank you for the excellent timeSpecial Features:
- Overall a good experiencethecutecoupleDined on 10/25/2014Our experience overall was good. The steak was delicious and the service was great, except we waited for almost a hour for our food... We would recommend it. There was a lot of back and forth where we were sitting... I would have loved a more exclusive, quieter area for our ocassion. The roof-top bar was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedjillyDined on 10/24/2014Been to Seven MANY times & have always loved the food...but this time I ordered from their special restaurant week menu. My Salmon was terrible. So overdone that it tasted like it had been reheated in a microwave. I couldn't even eat it. I felt completely ripped off. Others at my table ordered sushi & they all loved it but I was so disappointed that it'll be a while before I try it again - no time soon!:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NightoutonthetownDined on 10/24/2014A bit of a wait to be seated, but worth every minute! Great atmosphere, service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came for restaurant week...mplsfoodieDined on 10/24/2014There was a snafu with our reservation , but the staff resolved it quickly. Server also told is we could not validate parking, even after spending $125 and being a regular, but after talking to manager, he validated it for is. All in all...a great night with excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed ourselves!ChristinaZDined on 10/24/2014We went for Restaurant Week. Open Table made it very easy to find and make our reservation. The restaurant seated us promptly - even a tad earlier than our reservation. I had to walk back up to the host stand and request the special menu for Restaurant Week. The wine was delicious and the meal was just right for me (I have a big appetite) so was pleased not to leave too full or too hungry. Our server was good. My friend felt her steak was too cold but the taste was very good. We added two sushi rolls to the table and they were unique, good in quantity and quality. We went up to the roof for a drink by the fire. Very nice! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great date night spotMplsLADined on 10/23/2014Great spot for date night & special occasion dining. Service was outstanding, and courses were appropriately spaced out for an enjoyable/no rush experience. There was a large wine selection and server gave good recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!KrewmomDined on 10/23/2014We dined here during Restaurant Week and just loved it! The rooftop bar was wonderful (although understaffed) and our dinner was great with superior service!Special Features:
- GarrettRestaurantWeekDined on 10/22/2014The wait for our food took forever. We received our first course (salad) 10 or so minutes after ordering which was fine and then waited another hour and a half for a sushi roll and a 6oz filet mignon. I did not try the sushi roll but the steak that I had was nothing special and I had expected something better. It seemed as though once our waiter found out we were there for the restaurant week menu he stopped fully caring about our experience. The restaurant also ran out of the dessert option we chose and didn't offer to comp the dessert we didn't want. I do not understand how a restaurant runs out of a menu item when they know many different guests will be coming in during this week. Very disappointed and won't be coming back.Special Features:
- NightmareMarkysparkyDined on 10/22/2014Told me that my party could not be seated in the restaurant area because I booked the reservation online! What??? Waiter took forever to get to our table. Once there, brought the wrong bottle of wine. One of the appetizers we ordered never showed. Finally, after a hour and a half wait for our dinner we left. Never ever go to this mis-managed nightmare of a restaurant. They need to turn this place into a parking lot.
- #mnrestaurantweekgetting2knowuDined on 10/22/2014Absolutely delicious! Food fun ambience and great customer serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterTheronATXDined on 10/21/2014To start, our reservation had us seated at a very awkward table for dinner. It was a coffee table with lounge chairs. Great for drinks but not so much for eating. The staff eventually moved us to a normal booth, but in the end our sushi was mediocre at best and took an hour to come out.Special Features: