Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar
700 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.7mpls.net/
- Phone: 6122387770x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (pre-reserved dine-in only)
Restaurant Dining Hours:
- Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Monday - Friday 4:00pm- 6:30pm STEAKHOUSE & SKYBAR levels
- Sunday - Wednesday: 6:00pm-11pm
- Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm-2am
- All You Can-Eat Sushi 6pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering services are available 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! We can bring the catering to your location or you can book out space in our restaurant any time of the day. Call us today at 612–746–1714 for more information!
- Entertainment: Check our website for upcoming live musical events and make sure to watch for our wonderful performances at the neighboring Pantages Theatre!
- Special Events: We are more than happy to assist you on your special events such as anniversaries, birthdays, and graduations. We will gladly add flowers to your table and help you in anyway possible to make your event a memorable one!
- Cross Street: 7th Street
- Public Transit: 3, 5, 16,19, 22, 94, 134, 144, 353, 355, 365, 375, 452, 721, 724, 755, 758 and 764. Get specific directions at http://www.metrotransit.org/
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available daily after 6pm on 7th street on the left curb just beyond Hennepin Avenue. We offer complimentary valet parking daily, from 6pm-9pm, with dinner purchase.
* Valet parking is not valid in conjunction with other offers, promotions, discounts and coupons.
A word from Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar
Seven Steakhouse, Sushi, Ultralounge & Skybar is a four story facility featuring the best of world cuisines. On the main floor you will experience our renewal of the classic American steakhouse offering refined traditional American and Italian cuisines, warm hospitality and unparalleled table side service. We serve the highest quality wet aged 1881 Omaha beef, 18 month grass fed and grain fed finished for optimum marbling along with the freshest seafood that is sure to please everyone’s appetite. Pair any of our menu items with our carefully crafted wine list featuring bottles from all over the world. On the second floor our chic lounge atmosphere offers the freshest sushi prepared by our professionally trained chefs. Don’t forget about our 5 star rooftop patio where we offer the foods from all levels of the restaurant with comfortable lounge and cabana seating and amazing views of downtown Minneapolis. At Seven, we are here to meet and exceed your expectations in every way possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)hot spot (74)romantic (69)good for groups (67)vibrant bar scene (61)scenic view (58)great for outdoor dining (54)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (40)late-night find (27)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Special Occasions Spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014If you are looking for a unique place to celebrate a special occasion, Seven is that place. The seating options (the Steakhouse, the Sushi bar, and the roof) and ambiance are perfect. The menu options are plentiful. The wait staff are true professionals. The food (petit fillets, mushrooms, and mashed sweet potatoes) are perfection. This is our favorite "special occasion" restaurant in the city.Special Features:
- AgeInterestingVIPDined on 8/28/2014I am not impressed with Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar. However, my dinner companions thoroughly enjoyed the food, ambience, and the service provided by our adorable server, Lavita. While the fella’s enjoyed starters of wings, and calamari of which they rated a strong 7, I went for the caperse salad…..not so good, the balsamic was a miss. For dinner, the New York Strip, 7 style….the fella’s were sold!! I on the other hand had the Lobster Bisque, of which had plenty of Lobster, but was salty. With all this being said, I am really not the demographic for this restaurant, and I am most assuredly say I will not return. But for those under 35, I will recommend highly.Special Features:
- The meal was amazingJohnLDined on 8/25/2014Fantastic food. The steak was better than the steak at Manny's as well as the Sea Bass was fantastic. Would recommend the steakhouse at Seven to anyone. Our waitress and the other waiters made the evening enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great birthday night on the town!TiffinyDined on 8/23/2014Food was great, service decent. We stuffed ourselves with GREAT sushi, and our waiter brought a special treat (molten lava cake) for the birthday boy! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service, wait time & food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014Our experience at Seven was horrible from the moment we arrived. Our reservation was unable to be honored due to table availability. We decided to sit at the bar and eat. Our service was horrible, we waited over 45 minutes for our appetizer and longer for our main dishes. Our main dishes were served 10 minutes apart from each other. When someone, obviously a manager, stopped to ask how our experience was, we told them of our dissatisfaction and she basically said I'm sorry to hear that and walked away as if she could care less about the issues.
- Good sushi and comfy boothsVannaswedeDined on 8/22/2014Celebrated our anniversary at Seven Sushi. Our server was very cordial and attentive, and we even got a couple of glasses of bubbly as a congratulations (we got to pick between dessert or bubbly) The only thing that was a negative was the view from our window seat. Asked for a nice view of downtown and got a view of the Block E construction zone - not that Seven can help that Block E is being renovated. Oh, and there seemed to be only one wine list for the entire restaurant. :-) We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining before an event.PINKfanDined on 8/22/2014This is a prime spot for food and drinks before a sporting event, concert or theater show. The food is consistently good and the roof top bar is a nice place to sip a cocktail while enjoying the view of the downtown skyline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBusinessLunchDined on 8/22/2014Seven Steakhouse was fabulous. Host Noah and waiter David took great care of us and helped us celebrate our 38 years of marriage. Start off with a customized menu wished us a Happy 38th Anniversary. A bit of champagne followed by Crab cake and Chilled Shrimp appetizer was romantic and scrumptious. The bone-in filet was cooked to perfection and very flavorful. Good view to do some wonderful people watching...the Twins game mixed with quite a few Kitty Cats heading to Katy Perry's concert. A great evening...Thank you Seven for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful Celebration DinnerPantera12Dined on 8/21/2014We dined here with our nephew to celebrate his graduation. The staff went out of their way to make the night special for him. We had tender mouth-watering steaks. The firecracker sushi roll was delicious. The truffle Mac and cheese was creamy and flavorful. Topped off with creme brule for dessert. As great as the good was, the service was even better. Our waiter Pablo was exceptional. He answered questions, made recommendations and when secured a table on the rooftop patio for after dinner drinks. It was a fantastic night for all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Sushi, High CostdcfoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014Why do I ignore the signs? First, the chopsticks they provided were worse than those found at grocery stores - about 6" long and the kind you have to peel apart, leaving one thicker than the other. For a steakhouse charging $70+ for steaks, and a place calling itself a "Sushi Ultralounge" it can bump up the disposable utensils. Then there was the sushi itself; I ordered the sashimi platter. The sashimi was near mutilated on its edges, and the texture was off, especially the tuna. I should have said something then, but I failed. Then the bite, the bite that kept me up all night with frequent trips to the bathroom. I was too late. TLDR - the price does not match the quality. Our server was nice but not professional.
- Long delays and oblivious staffdowntowndinerDined on 8/20/2014When we sat down we advised the waiter that we only had 90 min to eat before we left. He recommended sushi, 75 minutes later we were still without food and viewing our second round of drinks slowly warming on the bar. When the food did arrive the rice was dry, tempura was thick and the fish tasteless. But for $140 why would I expect anything more? Never again.
- Gross.mplsblhDined on 8/20/2014First of all, our waiter was awesome. He did everything he could to make our experience good. Our problems were all with the actual food/cleanliness of the restaurant. The first problem we had was that our appetizer plates and bowls were dirty. Waiter brought us a new pair and they were dirty too (he noticed it before we did). We ordered a sushi appetizer. The appetizer took about 30 minutes and when we got it, most of the sushi was warm and some of it bordered on warmer than room temperature. We complained, got a new order right away and it was the same. At that point, we decided to cancel the rest of our order and head out as we had a show to go to. To their credit, they only charged us for our drinks.
- Had dinner with a friend from NYPurpleDined on 8/20/2014It was a good time with great ambiance, food and service. Can't wait to go back for the Truffle Mac & Cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food took forever!kageevDined on 8/18/2014My friend and I made this "our" spot last Monday for the 1st time.She went with the all you can eat sushi & I got the Juicy Cheese Stuffed Burger.Our waitress mentioned the all you can eat sushi takes a while & that you can only order 3 rolls at a time,which we were fine with. But,she didn't mention it would take 40 minutes! During the entire 40 minutes, our waitress did not check back with us at all. She walked passed us about 10 times & never once gave us an update on our food until I stopped her myself. She could at least have said something like,"I apologize for the wait.We are shorthanded tonight and are really busy.We are still working on your sushi & it will be out asap". My burger arrived 5 min after my friend's food & it was rawSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014We've dined at Seven before and had a positive experience. For whatever reason, the service and ambiance were really lacking the night we were there. Our server was friendly, but he was very slow and they seemed to be confused on proper protocol. Just a weird dining experience over all, which was surprising. The food and drinks were good, which made up for the other issues.Special Features:
- wonderful service!gingersnapDined on 8/15/2014I made a reservation for my birthday for a group of people. Our server, Muhammed was very attentive and fun. He and several other people kept our water glasses full and made sure we always had what we needed. Food was great! We all ordered sushi. The only negative part was that I couldn't find the complimentary valet parking that was supposedly there, but that may have been my fault. I don't do downtown very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7 year anniversarysandinaDined on 8/11/2014my husband and i celebrated our 7 year anniversary at Seven. We sat in the ultralounge at the sushi bar. Sara our server was excellent making our experience perfect. she made us our bananas foster to perfection, was timely, friendly and fabulous! following dinner we went to the rooftop and met Ari, the best bartender ever. He made us laugh, was very friendly and was absolutely a sweetheart. thank you so much for making our anniversary wonderful!Special Features:
- Great food, hip sceneMikeSDined on 8/7/2014We love rooftop dining here, but the hip bar scene takes over on weeknights. You can't go wrong with sushi, steaks, or seafood. Very pricey but worth the spend for great food, service, and atmosphere. This is a must-visit whenever we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was MehgogogalDined on 8/2/2014Besides the accommodating staff when we showed up late, we had an okay time. The food was good but pricey. Our night was ruined essentially by our server. He was inattentive, missing and kept us waiting all night for him. Let's just say, we were seated at 1035 but didn't get in a food order until 1115. HE KEPT GOING MIA and it wasn't busy a night. And the worse part was him accusing of us not paying a tab because he did not pay attention that I paid for 2 tabs. Who pays $52 on a $31 tab? After arguing with him for what seemed like 15mins and telling him exactly what I paid with (2 $20's 1 $10 and 2 $1), he walked away with a glazed look telling us 'Your good, your good than'. I've had bad service before but this definitely topped it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night? Disappointed...foodie77Dined on 8/2/20141. waited 20 minutes for our salad, had to flag server to see where it was...food runner brought it 2 minutes later. 2. didn't have silverware, waited again. not sure if bread automatically comes out when you order a salad, but had to ask for bread (other times, it has been brought out without asking) 3. Dinner arrived missing two of the add ons we had asked for...and when it arrived, about 5 minutes after dinner, it was incorrect...server was a bit snotty about the logistics of who was going to pay for it. said it would be taken off, it wasn't, until we reminded her. 4. when presented bill, asked for it to be split, wasn't done til we asked server again 4. server just seemed like the were in a crabby mood
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014There was a concert downtown, so the restaurant was very busy. We were seated about 20 minutes after our reservation time, and were told food would take at least an hour. The staff all seemed surprised it was so busy, but I would have thought they'd be ready for a big rush. The food did take a while, and when it came it was just OK. The sea bass was great around the edges, but the middle was underdone. Overall, it wasn't worth how much we spent.
- jandsVIPDined on 8/2/2014Staff was not able to keep pace. We ate there 2 hours prior to a concert. Some customers left without being served. We paid for drinks and salad and had to leave. We've eaten there before and had great food and service. This experience was not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okDDTBSDined on 8/2/2014Food tasted good and was well prepared, but was expensive. Overall not a good value for the cost. Our waiter was friendly, but the rest of the support staff was slow. Water glasses would sit emptied for too long before being refillled. Our reservation worked fine, but it took over 1 hour and 15 minutes to get our food after we ordered (halibut and oceanaire special). Way too long for such simple dishes. This long wait seemed typical for the other diners around us. Overall there are other options with better food, value and service in the Twin Cities. I doubt I'll return.
- Greg Special Occasion SpotBillDined on 8/1/2014We sat on the rooftop with two friends visiting from rural Wyoming. The ambiance and views were terrific and really highlighted what a great city Minneapolis is to our out of town guests. The food was fantastic and the service delightful.Special Features:
- MacOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Seven was recommended by The Hyatt. It was perfect, Couldn't have spent our anniversary at a better place. We're in the cities to see Paul McCartney and thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend. Seven made it even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Happy HourcitygirlVIPDined on 8/1/2014Something is going on what used to be a premiere steakhouse. Twice in he past two weeks the steaks are not up to par and the problem isn't in the quality of meat but the cooking.They're not seared properly. Super service and the staff is great. Don't know if they're grilled or cooked on the flat top but an expensive cut of meat needs a great seared crust. Our friend's sirloin was almost gray in color and our cowboy ribeye was cooked med. rare but no flavor on the outside. We can make a steak like that at home and not have to pay $58. We'll be going to Capital Grille for our steaks from now on. Fri. night and the house was only half full. The new bartender who can barely hand out a happy hour menu even after asked. She needs to go.Special Features:
- very good... butJeffrsmiDined on 7/31/2014Great atmosphere. Very good sushi. took VERY long took get our food to table and restaurant didn't seem to busy... Under staffed perhaps??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful!ambortonDined on 7/29/2014Everything about our experience was fantastic. Delicious food, amazing service from Erika and the hosts were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and amazing ServicdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Molly was our waitress and she was incredible. She took her time to explain each steak on the menu and helped pick one tailored to our tastes! We were there a night that a group of over 100 people had rented out part of the restaurant and we still were treated like the only people in the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT IMPRESSEDWishItWereBetterDined on 7/29/2014Went to Seven for Sushi, here are my thoughts... the ultrabar was closed for an event, and was not told about it, poor start. sat us right next to the kitchen, so it was kind of loud. the sushi (which is a twin cities top ten) was no better than an OSAKA. small rolls and thin pieces, and they cost 18 bucks per roll. the waitress took her merry time to check in on us, making it hard to re-order sushi (which we didn't want luckily due to the poor quality of the rolls) OVERALL: you money is well spent somewhere else if you are looking for good sushi. and a better dining experience. not sure who they know to make the twin cities top ten list.Special Features:
- Great trendy placeSushifanaticDined on 7/28/2014Seven is a great young trendy place! It did forever (45 mins) to get our food but in their defense there was 7 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi BuzzOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014The All you can eat Sushi on Mondays for $35 is a STEAL. My boyfriend travels for work but any time he is working remote, you can find us dining in on Mondays for this excellent deal. Yes, we know there are other places that are cheaper and include other menu items but we always enjoy our time there. The staff is very attentive and we're a little embarrassed that some of them recognize us.Special Features:
- Anniversary Date!codyathDined on 7/27/2014I chose Seven as the dinner destination to celebrate one year with my amazing girlfriend. At the end of our dining experience, we were both left with an exceeding amount of satisfaction. The food was terrific, the staff members were extremely friendly and provided exceptional service, and the location is great! And best of all, the overall experience made for the best dinner date that surely impressed my lady. Thank you Seven, for such a great experience!Special Features:
- SushiNathalieDined on 7/26/2014Sushi was awesome!! Had the spicy tuna, number 9 and volcano roll. My only complaint was that there was too much cream cheese in the volcano roll and some of the edename beans were crunchy but still tasty. Drinks were good, had the peach martinini. Waittress shook our party's hand when she introduced herself which was different.Special Features:
- fantasticJlahDined on 7/25/2014Our waiter Tim was wonderful and Derrick the manager at the rooftop was so kind and hospitable. Our birthday celebrations were great. Best view, best service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patpbmillerVIPDined on 7/25/2014It had been a year since I had been here. Crabcake which is delicious came cold and went up to $18! Yikes! Steak was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lyndzluDined on 7/24/2014Get seated and checking in at the front made it very confusing what level of the restaurant to go to and it took a long time despite us having a reservation.Special Features:
- Birthday letdownOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014I called and talked to someone to have special birthday menus made for my daughter's 17th birthday. The man I spoke with took down all my details. A few days later I called to confirm this. I was told that the menus would be made. The day of our reservation I called again to check. When we arrived however they had no special menus. I was so disappointed that I wanted to walk out of the restaurant. I never let my daughter know because she would've been extremely disappointed. You let me down and put a great damper on my evening. Although the server was great, we will never come to your restaurant again.
- Very bad experienceRattyDined on 7/24/2014My friends and I (party of 4) went to Seven for Restaurant Week, and other than the 3-course menu for $30 each, which was okay, we did not have a good experience. Everything took forever to arrive, including our husbands' beers, which took half an hour. We asked 3 different people for bread before we got some, and that also took about half an hour. There were fruit flies all over our area, and the service overall was inattentive. We will not be coming back.
- Horrific FoodEvilDevaDined on 7/24/2014I had heard that 7 was a great restaurant and it was less than 2 blocks away from the play my mother and I were going to see that night. Since it was restaurant week we chose the pre-fix menu figuring it would get us out of there in a timely manner. I ordered the salad because of the Maytag Blue Cheese, but when it arrived, there was no cheese on it at all. The main course went off without a hitch, but my mom ordered the brownie for desert and I ordered the blueberry bread pudding. They brought me a brownie with ice cream and a strawberry with blueberries on the side! I brought this to their attention and eventually got the blueberry bread pudding that I originally ordered. If I ever go back it will be to only the bar.