Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar
700 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.7mpls.net/
- Phone: 6122387770x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (pre-reserved dine-in only)
Restaurant Dining Hours:
- Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Monday - Friday 4:00pm- 6:30pm STEAKHOUSE & SKYBAR levels
- Sunday - Wednesday: 6:00pm-11pm
- Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm-2am
- All You Can-Eat Sushi 6pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering services are available 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! We can bring the catering to your location or you can book out space in our restaurant any time of the day. Call us today at 612–746–1714 for more information!
- Entertainment: Check our website for upcoming live musical events and make sure to watch for our wonderful performances at the neighboring Pantages Theatre!
- Special Events: We are more than happy to assist you on your special events such as anniversaries, birthdays, and graduations. We will gladly add flowers to your table and help you in anyway possible to make your event a memorable one!
- Cross Street: 7th Street
- Public Transit: 3, 5, 16,19, 22, 94, 134, 144, 353, 355, 365, 375, 452, 721, 724, 755, 758 and 764. Get specific directions at http://www.metrotransit.org/
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available daily after 6pm on 7th street on the left curb just beyond Hennepin Avenue. We offer complimentary valet parking daily, from 6pm-9pm, with dinner purchase.
* Valet parking is not valid in conjunction with other offers, promotions, discounts and coupons.
A word from Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar
Seven Steakhouse, Sushi, Ultralounge & Skybar is a four story facility featuring the best of world cuisines. On the main floor you will experience our renewal of the classic American steakhouse offering refined traditional American and Italian cuisines, warm hospitality and unparalleled table side service. We serve the highest quality wet aged 1881 Omaha beef, 18 month grass fed and grain fed finished for optimum marbling along with the freshest seafood that is sure to please everyone’s appetite. Pair any of our menu items with our carefully crafted wine list featuring bottles from all over the world. On the second floor our chic lounge atmosphere offers the freshest sushi prepared by our professionally trained chefs. Don’t forget about our 5 star rooftop patio where we offer the foods from all levels of the restaurant with comfortable lounge and cabana seating and amazing views of downtown Minneapolis. At Seven, we are here to meet and exceed your expectations in every way possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Seven: Steakhouse, Sushi Ultralounge, and Skybar reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)hot spot (84)good for groups (81)romantic (79)vibrant bar scene (67)scenic view (56)fit for foodies (56)notable wine list (49)great for outdoor dining (45)late-night find (34)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great date night spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Great spot for date night & special occasion dining. Service was outstanding, and courses were appropriately spaced out for an enjoyable/no rush experience. There was a large wine selection and server gave good recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GarrettOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014The wait for our food took forever. We received our first course (salad) 10 or so minutes after ordering which was fine and then waited another hour and a half for a sushi roll and a 6oz filet mignon. I did not try the sushi roll but the steak that I had was nothing special and I had expected something better. It seemed as though once our waiter found out we were there for the restaurant week menu he stopped fully caring about our experience. The restaurant also ran out of the dessert option we chose and didn't offer to comp the dessert we didn't want. I do not understand how a restaurant runs out of a menu item when they know many different guests will be coming in during this week. Very disappointed and won't be coming back.Special Features:
- NightmareMarkysparkyDined on 10/22/2014Told me that my party could not be seated in the restaurant area because I booked the reservation online! What??? Waiter took forever to get to our table. Once there, brought the wrong bottle of wine. One of the appetizers we ordered never showed. Finally, after a hour and a half wait for our dinner we left. Never ever go to this mis-managed nightmare of a restaurant. They need to turn this place into a parking lot.
- Could have been betterTheronATXDined on 10/21/2014To start, our reservation had us seated at a very awkward table for dinner. It was a coffee table with lounge chairs. Great for drinks but not so much for eating. The staff eventually moved us to a normal booth, but in the end our sushi was mediocre at best and took an hour to come out.Special Features:
- Good as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2014The food was great as always and the wait staff was professional and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very poor--will not returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014such a disappointing dinner. service was the poorest. waiter kept disappearing and did not check on what we may need. he forgot part of my order. after sitting for a long hour.....two men came from the kitchen and told us they did not have halibut and we should choose another entre. so we sat another hour. i could not believe the whole evening. this is the second time this has happened. there will not be another chance for such irritation. we will not return to seven. this was supposed to be a special evening for my family. guests from california flew in to help celebrate my birthday.
- Nice Turn-AroundcitygirlVIPDined on 10/21/2014We'd almost given up on Seven Steakhouse as our last few visits this summer were disappointing. Participation in Restaurant Week pushed us to give it another go and we are happy that the kitchen is back on track. Dear husband's steak was perfectly seared and medium rare. The salmon was one of the best meals I've had recently - and the risotto better than in any Italian restaurant.The squash soup was superb. Eric at the bar is always good and Tim, our waiter is one of the best. We were promptly seated at the table we requested. It would have been so sad to see lovely place fail to mediocrity. Give it another try.Special Features:
- Leon's greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014Food was great per usual. Leon, our server, was awesome. The right amount of attentiveness without hovering. Great sense of humor and honest in his recommendation. When I asked about a kind of sushi to try next, he said "based upon what you've ordered and enjoyed so far, I don't think you'd care for it". I appreciated the honesty, tried it anyway, and he was right!
- Great place to dine out!tbeltyDined on 10/19/2014We had a great experience at Seven. We dined with friends and everything was amazing ! Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over prices but good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Had the New York strip. Was cooked to order but was very much lacking the $50 steak flavor. Service was terrible. Dealing with two other tables of 8 or more people, our server hardly gave us the time of day.Special Features:
- SEVICE WAS AMAZING!7ServiceDined on 10/18/2014EMI was our server and she was outstanding!!!! We both ordered the grilled salmon and it was like shoe leather, thankfully we had a crab cake appetizer which was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patrick is amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I took my boyfriend to Seven for his birthday and it was a great time! One of the servers, Patrick, was amazing and very attentive. If you're able to get him as a server, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great total venuefirsttimethereDined on 10/14/2014Wonderful venue for a great steak meal followed by a few scotches up on the Ultralounge Bar upstairs; beautiful evening to sit outside and enjoy the after glow of a superb meal.Special Features:
- Group of 4LBrayDined on 10/12/2014Staff was all very nice. We arrived at 5 pm and restaurant was not very full. Took a long time to get our food. Food was just OK. Nothing fantastic.
- Seven was amazing!StunnedbysevenDined on 10/12/2014The Firecracker shrimp & firecracker sushi was to die for! The fillet with the lump crab meat melted in your mouth. Loved the bourbon sauce. Matthew made my husbands birthday extra special with a beautifully presented dessert. Definitely will be back!!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysCammithaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Seven is one of my favorite places to go downtown. They have a great atmosphere and fantastic food. The servers are friendly and helpful. There was only one small snag to our experience this time. WE were seeing a play and told our server in advance that we need to be checked out by a certain time and he was slow to getting us our bill on time and we were a little late for the play because of it. But overall everything was fantastic.Special Features:
- Outstanding Wait PersonXenaDined on 10/10/2014As usual , the best food but notable is the outstanding service (wish I could recall the name of our waiter - he was charming and terrific at his job! - Further, he gave Seven a solid and enthusiastic thumbs up as a place to work, which adds to my appreciation for the place).Special Features:
- Charged for the experince?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Seven was a great place, energetic, good food, etc. That said, their pricing for an A la Carte Steak is some of the highest I have seen in any major city in the US, by about $10-15 per cut of meat. It kind of soured my experience and considering the price- they stack up as just fair to OK compared to similar places in MSP and Metros throughout the US.I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs to get back to basicsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014Waited 45 minutes for edimami sushi was ridiculous wait for a few rolls, ran out of time waiting on appetizers 2 entrees served as most our friends had to leave because of the wait. Offered free valet then management Alex didnt want to stamp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad planning by managementMartiniLoverDined on 9/30/2014Made reservation for a group of 8 before the Fleetwood Mac concert. We were hoping to enjoy a couple of cocktails and a nice dinner before heading over to the concert as our reservations were at 6:30 and the concert started at 8:00. What a disaster! They were totally unprepared for the crowd that showed before the concert. Our waiter was covering too many table and kept saying he was sorry, but they were really busy and didn't we understand that there are four levels of dining at the restaraunt. Our food was served to us about 10 minutes before we had to leave for the concert. So disappointed, come on, Fleetwood Mac, of course the concert goers are older, and want a nice dinner and cocktails!!!!Special Features:
- Interesting conceptdabradVIPDined on 9/30/2014Having a steak house, a lounge and a sushi restaurant in one building is a great idea. The steak was good. The blue cheese gnocchi was very good. The sushi was good, but nothing special.Special Features:
- First timersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The steaks we had were really good,the hash browns were perfect,crispy on the outside,soft on the inside. The salads were good too,just a little loud in the resturant that night. We will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014pricey - and far too loud and far too dark but fabulous foodSpecial Features:
- Anniversary dinnerktdidDined on 9/27/2014We brought our daughter and son in law for their 1st wedding anniversary. The ambiance was great, food was good although we thought somewhat spendy in comparison with other comparable quality of restaurants/food. Our server was attentive and informative, we really liked her and she brought a couple of complimentary desserts for the table when she heard why we there! Very thoughtful! Would definitately go again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good FoodyeschickDined on 9/27/2014Food is always good, wait staff friendly. We've had issues in the past of them closing at inopportune times (like 10:30 on Halloween 2013), but you can always depend on the food when they are open.Special Features:
- Great experiencefantasticnightDined on 9/24/2014The host and the waiter where great, they recommended may great choices and very hospitable, We ha a great time and she really loved having her birthday there, then after being on the Skydeck made her night even betterSpecial Features:
- I wanted to like it more than I didJamieDined on 9/23/2014The food was fine, but the price was high...the service was constant upsell. I ordered what I ordered.Special Features:
- Horrible!LilyDined on 9/20/2014Made my reservation three weeks ago, after checking in with our hostess, she informed us that she would be texting us as soon as our table was ready. 40mins later, I went to see her to ask her if our table was ready yet, she pretty much admitted of forgetting about us! When the food finally arrived, it was cold. For the price that they charge you would expect their food to be amazing but it was just blah!!
- Nice as alwaysajymcaDined on 9/20/2014Had a group of guys in Minneapolis for a "guys weekend" filled with Twins and Gophers. Finished up with a great meal. Molly our waitress was very polite and accommodating. The restaurant was very busy, so at times it seemed to take longer that we would have liked for drinks and re-orders. All in all, food was very good, my steak was not as excellent as in the past, but still very good. For the pricing, a person is expecting, excellent though. That's all. we finished the night up with drinks in the sky bar...that was a lot of fun as well and well work the visit if you have not been there. Have dined there several times and always enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Great service!! Sushi was great as well. Sara was our server, she was really good about reccomending drinks and foods as wellSpecial Features:
- Long wait for foodZMonsterDined on 9/15/2014Dined here a few times, decent food, but it takes forever. Most recent visit was dinner on a Monday night. The restaurant wasn't overly busy but we had to wait well over an hour from the time we sat down to the time we had food...and all we ordered was a side salad and three sushi rolls.
- Great food and serviceJLM61Dined on 9/14/2014We had a party of 8 and enjoy great food and service. Wonderful filet mignon, Carpaccio and lobster bisque soup. Others enjoyed sushi. Its a bit spendy, but worth the splurge. Mark West Pinot noir wine was excellent.Special Features:
- Sirloin comes up shortOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Wife's fillet mignon was delicious. The house sirloin failed greatly in comparison. I get better value and flavor in a sirloin from OutbackSpecial Features:
- First time and loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Would go back because the food was awesome and the place was beautiful. Had a great roof top too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhMichaelMNDined on 9/13/2014Food was okay. Ordered the Sushi for two and the waitress didn't tell us what was on the plate. My wife and female friends ordered martinis and they were not good-too sweet. Service was super slow. I would rather go to CRAVE across the street for the money I spend.Special Features:
- Great Sushijayhawk08Dined on 9/12/2014This place was really good....I got there early and had a drink at the bar! Then we got a really nice booth and ordered our dinner! We ordered Edamame and the Firecracker roll!! AMAZING!! Best sushi downtown if you ask me! Oh and the outdoor area upstairs looked really awesome however it was chilly and I didn't want to go stand outside!Special Features:
- Nothing Short of AmazingMinnesotaPride14Dined on 9/12/2014A group of my friends and I came on a Friday night and it was amazing! Great service, phenomenal food, a little spendy but worry every penny!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Dinner at SevenMickiDined on 9/11/2014Perfect for a business dinner. Since our dinner was on a Thursday the noise level was very tolerable, especially since we were seated in the dining room area. We ate there again on Saturday and were seated in the bar area and the noise and traffic going past our booth was a little much. The food was consistently good. Our service on Thursday was quite a bit more attentive than on Saturday. All in all, a place that I would return to for a special evening.Special Features:
- Rooftop diningfoodie2Dined on 9/6/2014Very cool place, food was very good!! We sat on the rooftop area, had a great view of downtown Minneapolis!! Would definitely recommend a visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my best experienceKristineVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been coming to Seven for many years now for special events and always look forward to it. We were in celebrating my husbands 35th birthday with friends and from the moment we were seated at our table we could tell that something was off. Our server brought us water in plastic cups because she said that the dishwasher was broke. We found this odd considering she could get glassware from the bar. Next, we placed our food order and felt that we waited a long time to get our food. One of the sides was incorrect and by the time we received it, the rest of the table was finished eating. My husband's sushi didn't seem as fresh as it used to be. We ordered dessert and that took 30 minutes to get and they were melted.Special Features: