Seven Sows Bourbon and Larder
77 Biltmore Ave.
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seven Sows Bourbon and Larder
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sevensows.com/
- Phone: (828) 255-2592
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mike Moore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Seven Sows Bourbon and Larder
Seven Sows is a restaurant which focuses on an impressionable and memorable dining experience with down to earth decor, warm and friendly service and delicious food and drink rooted in the nostalgia of our heritage and our past. Seven Sows sets out to embody the interpretation of a southern focused cuisine with impressions of French and modern American techniques and above all a boundless and bold creative spirit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Seven Sows Bourbon and Larder - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Seven Sows Bourbon and Larder reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)neighborhood gem (47)special occasion (38)great for outdoor dining (29)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (24)good for groups (22)romantic (20)late-night find (11)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fantastic meal and serviceOverfikeDined on 11/22/2014This restaurant does not seem to get the hype that some other spots in Asheville receive but I can honestly say they should after our meal. Great atmosphere, amazing/well-rounded southern inspired menu and our service was great. We ate our way through several dishes and shared plates and not one disappointed. We had hush puppies, pork belly, brussel sprouts, fried chicken and apple pie so I think this qualifies us as first time experts!! Great spot we will visit again, thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great BourbonsROCCODined on 11/20/2014Great Food and Outstanding Service. They have a GREAT inventory of Bourbons to choose from. This is a MUST anytime you are in AshevilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near the Top of the ListBillinVAVIPDined on 11/16/2014One of the best meals we have enjoyed in a town full of top flight restaurants. Famous for fried chicken, which we all had and throughly enjoyed, they also have a varied and thoughtful menu that looks excellent. Appetizers and desserts offered many excellent choices - all those we chose were great. Quite good wine list and the best selection of bourbons I have seen since spending time in Louisville. Knowledgable, friendly, and attentive service. Ambiance was a really nice mix of rustic and stylish. A winner. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingAshleyDined on 11/15/2014I really wanted to like this restaurant. The name is great, the website is wonderfully designed, the pictures posted on their website look great and the menu makes your mouth water. The food was bland so I would not recommend this place to anyone. There are way too many other GREAT restaurants in Asheville so people should consider going elsewhere.
- Very good experience. Service could not be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2014Went early and the food was very good and the service was great. I will go there again on my next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another satisfactory experienceFoodie28714Dined on 11/9/2014It had been quite some time since my first trip to Seven Sows and being very impressed with the inventiveness of the food I was anxious to get back to try the restaurant with a dining companion who hadn't tried the restaurant before. The food was as I remembered, very good, though my friend's entree, the cottage pie, was less impressive than the appetizer selections we had made, being a little bland by contrast. The only complaint I had was that the service between first course and entree was quite slow, around a half an hour. However, the staff were very cognizant of the delay and addressed it head on without our having to mention it and offered a free dessert in recompense. Very considerate staff and good food, we will be going back.Special Features:
- Very special nightLeighDined on 11/8/2014A little over a year ago Adam and I stumbled across Sevens Sows and have loved it ever since. One night last year while we were having dinner there, talking and laughing, I realized that Seven Sows was the place I wanted him to propose to me. Silly as that may be it just felt like the right place because of how special it is to us. This past weekend when we visited that very wish came true! I could tell he was nervous and it was making me nervous...then it happened. He pulled out the ring, got on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I said YES and cried with him as we sat in our booth. The staff helped us celebrate with complementary champagne. It was an amazing night! Yet another wonderful and romantic night with my love.Special Features:
- Wonderful Fried ChickenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Best fried chicken I have ever tasted. It was so tender, it melted in my mouth!Special Features:
- Great FoodFoodloversDined on 11/7/2014We had guests visiting from florida and all of us were floored with the quality of the food. We tried and loved the oysters, pork belly, pork cheeks, hush puppies, fried chicken, all having unique and very tasty accompaniments. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern yet trad Southern foodMinnfoodieDined on 11/6/2014This was our special night out our last day in Asheville. I had the fried chicken and my husband the pork chops. Both were excellent. I rarely have dessert but tried the apple pie which I highly recommend. Would definately go back next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2014Nothing like a server who also works the back of the house. Great recommendations, knew her stuff, and very entertaining. Thanks for the best meal we had in Asheville. Order the pork belly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014Need more vegetables on the menu. Salad was slightly weekend, cocktails and entree (NY Strip) were exceptional.Special Features:
- Just liverly!!!thuzeDined on 10/30/2014There were chicken livers, which I love, on the menu and I wondered how in the world this upscale restaurant might serve them with appropriate style. They outdid themselves with a sweet potato and apple pastry and scrumptious sauces, presented like a work of art! Delicious! Move way over, Colonel Sanders!Special Features:
- out4the nightout4thenightDined on 10/29/2014Eclectic menu - nice surprise, not the standard fare. Obviously have a nice bourbon selection and staff that can help discern subtleties.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/25/2014Drinks were great. Our waitress was also fantastic. The hostess was not attentive. We arrived early and were happy to sit at the bar, and after our reservation time passed and we finished our drinks at the bar, we noticed empty tables and no new patrons arriving and yet we continued toe was ready we could have a booth but never came over to get us. He approached her again 30 minutes after our reservation and she told him she wasn't sure what we wanted to do...? Compliments to the chef on outstanding gnochi, beet salad, and of course the mini apple pie...Yum.We sampled many of the small plates and enjoyed each one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bourbon and Bacon, Oh my!JimmyDined on 10/25/2014What a great evening at Seven Sows. Inexplicably, the restaurant wasn't full on this Saturday night. They should be! A terrific atmosphere lends itself to a fun and casual night of food and drink experimentation. I am not a big bourbon fan but the taster flight was really a fun way to sample the best of Kentucky. My wife's Cosmo was perfectly prepared by the talented mixologists. The food, from the amazing octopus appetizer to the fabulous Sea Bass preparation was top notch. Over all, a must visit in the competitive Asheville foodie scene. 5 stars!Special Features:
- Sweet spotSweetspotDined on 10/25/2014It was my husbands birthday and was very easy to book through open table. Once we arrived the server brought us to the table but i preferred a booth instead witch they were eager to oblige. Everything from the beginning to the end was superb. Food was so amazing our eyes were rolling to back of our heads and the service was impeccable. I recommend the porterhouse steak for two, it was so mouth watering delicious and more for like 3. Will be visiting very soon again.Special Features:
- fridayinashevilleDined on 10/24/2014Had reservation for six and they accommodated us very well. Lovely array of salads, starters and entrees. We particularly enjoyed the bourbon cocktails, fried chicken and porterhouse. Would certainly bring out-of-town friends here again.Special Features:
- Foodie paradiseKlepVIPDined on 10/24/2014An often overlooked modern south/ farm to table gem. Fans of shows like top chef will love the presentation, creativity, and above all- flavors. The sauces, purées, dusts, etc always highlight the amazing proteins. We had excellent grilled octopus, and amazing duck. Definitely recommended. On par with any of ashevilles excellent dining destinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointGandKDVIPDined on 10/24/2014We have eaten at Seven Sows for brunch and dinner several times. We are never disappointed in the quality of the food or service. This evening we both had the fried chicken and it was delicious, tender and juicy, while crisply fried. The accompanying side dish of mac and cheese is the best ever!! Definitely worth a visit if you are in downtown Asheville.Special Features:
- heritagemanDined on 10/19/2014restaurant was not over crowded , very interesting menu , excellent food with a Southern flavor good background music, Expensive but worth it.We are local with out of town guests - they were. ImpressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014We had a great night here. The bar is fantastic! Food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full packageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Good quality food, great cocktails, great service and great ambiance.Special Features:
- Very different.rainyDined on 10/15/2014It is so nice to see a chef try new things, or in this case, variations on old favorites. Chicken livers, were perfect and the Fried chicken was tender and very moist. Bacon in Apple Pie? yup, loved it.Special Features:
- 11 SowsagoodeaterDined on 10/11/2014We were 11 women-10 over 65 and 1 over 35. We had the BEST time. Our waitress was stupendous. We gave her a 25% tip on a $500+ bill! The bourbon flight was fun, but the best we tried was the Raj gin.Special Features:
- Pork PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/10/2014had the pork cheeks appetizer, yum. Striped North Carolina Bass was great and ended with the apple pie. Perfect. Service was great. There was an error in an order and what was delivered and it was handled quickly and with a smile. Will definately go back. Love the interesting menu.Special Features:
- Asheville's BestLonnieBDined on 10/10/2014The most amazing dining and drinking experience in WNC. At the bar, Malcolm asked a few questions and then presented me with an amazing creation he called "Let There Be Bourbon". He is the true definition of a mixologist. A fantastic craft cocktail experience as well as educational. The meal from appetizers to desserts was a truely unique experience invoking childhood memories of my southern heritage and at the same time dazzling us with modern technique. From the exotic charred octopus to the nostalgic yam hand pie, it was a most memorable journey. Our server Barbara was an attentive and helpful guide brought this experience including catering to the dietary needs of one member of our party. Seven Sows is a true gem for WNC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hmmm those chicken liversfoodforthoughtDined on 10/9/2014My friend and I were not too hungry so we shared a delicious salad and each had a appetizer of 6 Virginia oysters (specially priced for the evening) and we also each had the fried chicken liver appetizer and it was really good. Also the mixologist did a great job on a perfect manhattan. Nice place for a casual dinner. We saw several dinner size orders of fried chicken pass by that looked amazing. Don't even think this is Kentucky fried...the food is sophisticated and tasty and the staff is proud of what they serve. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerDinner42Dined on 10/4/2014Looking for a trendy place with good food for our first anniversary Seven Sows did not disappoint. Less busy than some of the other popular places in downtown Asheville, the food was creative, fresh, and delicious. While I wouldn't call the spot "romantic", it had character and the service was excellent. No disappointments here, a solid bet for a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be on a diet!TWC2VIPDined on 10/1/2014WOW! So much fried stuff! Not really up my alley. Only had appetizer and left. Felt my arteries hardening.Special Features:
- Went for reknowned fried chickenwellsssDined on 9/30/2014Chicken was not what we expected and all was over-priced. Mac n cheese was really good, but very small portions of all for the $. We left hungry. Nice indoor ambiance and the service was pretty good but the patio was annoyingly noisy from neighboring establishments and parking.
- Fun place to try small platesDebFlDined on 9/23/2014We sampled several small plates which were very good and the apple pie which was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Best Spot in AshevilleJuxtaposeVIPDined on 9/20/2014We made a trip up to Asheville for a Foodie get-away. We hit many of the top rated and most popular restaurants and this was by far our favorite. We had an engaging and knowledgable waitress. The charcuterie plate was innovative and multifaceted and the octopus was out of this world. Any time I see octopus on a menu it is my go-to; however the execution on this dish was excellent. It was poached and grilled rendering it the most tender I've ever had and an instant favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too pricey for what you get.helinasgoldDined on 9/20/2014I was disappointed with the trout dish I ordered. Very little fish for the price. The tomatoes and mozzarella salad was pathetic. There was hardly any mozzarella! This was our 5th time eating at the restaurant and will be our last.Special Features:
- Excellent!DurhamfoodieDined on 9/19/2014Seven Sows strives for customer satisfaction! We missed our Open Table reservation due to heavy traffic in Asheville. We were so disappointed. Amazingly Seven Sows called us and rescheduled within 20 minutes of our original time. This was a first for us. We were so impressed. Not to mention that the service and especially the meal was one of the best we have had in Asheville . We will certainly return to Seven Sows on our next trip to Asheville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RascalDined on 9/19/2014Great regional dishes done to perfection. Super whiskey menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save your money go to Early GirlSkipItDined on 9/18/2014I was really excited about trying this new restaurant. The Fried Chicken is good but not as good as King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles in West Asheville and three times as expensive. The $32 steak with french fries was just a little disappointing. The Hush puppies and Pimento Cheese dip was delicious. Overall I think I would have loved this place if it were not so over priced for what you get. Early Girl Eatery serves locally sourced southern Inspired food at half or even a third the price. Save your money. Go to Early Girl on Wall Street in Asheville instead.Special Features:
- SO HAPPY!HappyKentuckianDined on 9/17/2014My group was weary of the choice I made, but have been singing my praises every since! Being from Kentucky we appreciated the Bourbon menu and the food was out of this world! Thank you!!!Special Features:
- Adventuresome MenuFamilyfromAshevilleDined on 9/13/2014Seven Sows delivers on its adventuresome menu of Southern food. Everything we ordered was interesting and extremely tasty. The booths are cozy but overall it is a noisy restaurant. But then, what restaurant isn't these days? The four of us - all from Asheville and moderately serious foodies - had a great time and would go back again. We recommend the trout, pork belly and fried chicken wholeheartedly. Service was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvlivininAVLLuvsAVLDined on 9/12/2014As a person who was born and raised in the rural southeast and grew up enjoying real Southern cooking, I can honestly say this was not the traditional southern cooking my family and I so much enjoy. My husband had the fried chicken and although it was good it did not compare with the delicious fried chicken my Mother could make. The berry cobbler was downright disappointing! My son was pleased with the pork belly and I found the scallops delicious. All said we had a lovely dinner and enjoyed tasting the various flavors of rum but if you are expecting a knock your socks off southern meal you may be disappointed. I think this restaurant is trying too hard to be complex and good southern cooking does not need to be complicated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.