Seven Sows Bourbon and Larder
77 Biltmore Ave.
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Seven Sows Bourbon and Larder
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sevensows.com/
- Phone: 8282552592x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Mike Moore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Seven Sows Bourbon and Larder
Seven Sows is a restaurant which focuses on an impressionable and memorable dining experience with down to earth decor, warm and friendly service and delicious food and drink rooted in the nostalgia of our heritage and our past. Seven Sows sets out to embody the interpretation of a southern focused cuisine with impressions of French and modern American techniques and above all a boundless and bold creative spirit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Seven Sows Bourbon and Larder - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Seven Sows Bourbon and Larder reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (46)special occasion (39)great for outdoor dining (36)hot spot (24)good for groups (23)romantic (21)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (10)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (4)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/25/2014Drinks were great. Our waitress was also fantastic. The hostess was not attentive. We arrived early and were happy to sit at the bar, and after our reservation time passed and we finished our drinks at the bar, we noticed empty tables and no new patrons arriving and yet we continued toe was ready we could have a booth but never came over to get us. He approached her again 30 minutes after our reservation and she told him she wasn't sure what we wanted to do...? Compliments to the chef on outstanding gnochi, beet salad, and of course the mini apple pie...Yum.We sampled many of the small plates and enjoyed each one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bourbon and Bacon, Oh my!JimmyDined on 10/25/2014What a great evening at Seven Sows. Inexplicably, the restaurant wasn't full on this Saturday night. They should be! A terrific atmosphere lends itself to a fun and casual night of food and drink experimentation. I am not a big bourbon fan but the taster flight was really a fun way to sample the best of Kentucky. My wife's Cosmo was perfectly prepared by the talented mixologists. The food, from the amazing octopus appetizer to the fabulous Sea Bass preparation was top notch. Over all, a must visit in the competitive Asheville foodie scene. 5 stars!Special Features:
- Sweet spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014It was my husbands birthday and was very easy to book through open table. Once we arrived the server brought us to the table but i preferred a booth instead witch they were eager to oblige. Everything from the beginning to the end was superb. Food was so amazing our eyes were rolling to back of our heads and the service was impeccable. I recommend the porterhouse steak for two, it was so mouth watering delicious and more for like 3. Will be visiting very soon again.Special Features:
- fridayinashevilleDined on 10/24/2014Had reservation for six and they accommodated us very well. Lovely array of salads, starters and entrees. We particularly enjoyed the bourbon cocktails, fried chicken and porterhouse. Would certainly bring out-of-town friends here again.Special Features:
- Foodie paradiseKlepVIPDined on 10/24/2014An often overlooked modern south/ farm to table gem. Fans of shows like top chef will love the presentation, creativity, and above all- flavors. The sauces, purées, dusts, etc always highlight the amazing proteins. We had excellent grilled octopus, and amazing duck. Definitely recommended. On par with any of ashevilles excellent dining destinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointGandKDVIPDined on 10/24/2014We have eaten at Seven Sows for brunch and dinner several times. We are never disappointed in the quality of the food or service. This evening we both had the fried chicken and it was delicious, tender and juicy, while crisply fried. The accompanying side dish of mac and cheese is the best ever!! Definitely worth a visit if you are in downtown Asheville.Special Features:
- heritagemanDined on 10/19/2014restaurant was not over crowded , very interesting menu , excellent food with a Southern flavor good background music, Expensive but worth it.We are local with out of town guests - they were. ImpressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014We had a great night here. The bar is fantastic! Food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full packageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Good quality food, great cocktails, great service and great ambiance.Special Features:
- Very different.rainyDined on 10/15/2014It is so nice to see a chef try new things, or in this case, variations on old favorites. Chicken livers, were perfect and the Fried chicken was tender and very moist. Bacon in Apple Pie? yup, loved it.Special Features:
- 11 SowsagoodeaterDined on 10/11/2014We were 11 women-10 over 65 and 1 over 35. We had the BEST time. Our waitress was stupendous. We gave her a 25% tip on a $500+ bill! The bourbon flight was fun, but the best we tried was the Raj gin.Special Features:
- Pork PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/10/2014had the pork cheeks appetizer, yum. Striped North Carolina Bass was great and ended with the apple pie. Perfect. Service was great. There was an error in an order and what was delivered and it was handled quickly and with a smile. Will definately go back. Love the interesting menu.Special Features:
- Asheville's BestLonnieBDined on 10/10/2014The most amazing dining and drinking experience in WNC. At the bar, Malcolm asked a few questions and then presented me with an amazing creation he called "Let There Be Bourbon". He is the true definition of a mixologist. A fantastic craft cocktail experience as well as educational. The meal from appetizers to desserts was a truely unique experience invoking childhood memories of my southern heritage and at the same time dazzling us with modern technique. From the exotic charred octopus to the nostalgic yam hand pie, it was a most memorable journey. Our server Barbara was an attentive and helpful guide brought this experience including catering to the dietary needs of one member of our party. Seven Sows is a true gem for WNC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hmmm those chicken liversfoodforthoughtDined on 10/9/2014My friend and I were not too hungry so we shared a delicious salad and each had a appetizer of 6 Virginia oysters (specially priced for the evening) and we also each had the fried chicken liver appetizer and it was really good. Also the mixologist did a great job on a perfect manhattan. Nice place for a casual dinner. We saw several dinner size orders of fried chicken pass by that looked amazing. Don't even think this is Kentucky fried...the food is sophisticated and tasty and the staff is proud of what they serve. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerDinner42Dined on 10/4/2014Looking for a trendy place with good food for our first anniversary Seven Sows did not disappoint. Less busy than some of the other popular places in downtown Asheville, the food was creative, fresh, and delicious. While I wouldn't call the spot "romantic", it had character and the service was excellent. No disappointments here, a solid bet for a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for reknowned fried chickenwellsssDined on 9/30/2014Chicken was not what we expected and all was over-priced. Mac n cheese was really good, but very small portions of all for the $. We left hungry. Nice indoor ambiance and the service was pretty good but the patio was annoyingly noisy from neighboring establishments and parking.
- Fun place to try small platesDebFlDined on 9/23/2014We sampled several small plates which were very good and the apple pie which was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Best Spot in AshevilleJuxtaposeVIPDined on 9/20/2014We made a trip up to Asheville for a Foodie get-away. We hit many of the top rated and most popular restaurants and this was by far our favorite. We had an engaging and knowledgable waitress. The charcuterie plate was innovative and multifaceted and the octopus was out of this world. Any time I see octopus on a menu it is my go-to; however the execution on this dish was excellent. It was poached and grilled rendering it the most tender I've ever had and an instant favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too pricey for what you get.helinasgoldDined on 9/20/2014I was disappointed with the trout dish I ordered. Very little fish for the price. The tomatoes and mozzarella salad was pathetic. There was hardly any mozzarella! This was our 5th time eating at the restaurant and will be our last.Special Features:
- Excellent!DurhamfoodieDined on 9/19/2014Seven Sows strives for customer satisfaction! We missed our Open Table reservation due to heavy traffic in Asheville. We were so disappointed. Amazingly Seven Sows called us and rescheduled within 20 minutes of our original time. This was a first for us. We were so impressed. Not to mention that the service and especially the meal was one of the best we have had in Asheville . We will certainly return to Seven Sows on our next trip to Asheville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RascalDined on 9/19/2014Great regional dishes done to perfection. Super whiskey menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save your money go to Early GirlSkipItDined on 9/18/2014I was really excited about trying this new restaurant. The Fried Chicken is good but not as good as King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles in West Asheville and three times as expensive. The $32 steak with french fries was just a little disappointing. The Hush puppies and Pimento Cheese dip was delicious. Overall I think I would have loved this place if it were not so over priced for what you get. Early Girl Eatery serves locally sourced southern Inspired food at half or even a third the price. Save your money. Go to Early Girl on Wall Street in Asheville instead.Special Features:
- SO HAPPY!HappyKentuckianDined on 9/17/2014My group was weary of the choice I made, but have been singing my praises every since! Being from Kentucky we appreciated the Bourbon menu and the food was out of this world! Thank you!!!Special Features:
- Adventuresome MenuFamilyfromAshevilleDined on 9/13/2014Seven Sows delivers on its adventuresome menu of Southern food. Everything we ordered was interesting and extremely tasty. The booths are cozy but overall it is a noisy restaurant. But then, what restaurant isn't these days? The four of us - all from Asheville and moderately serious foodies - had a great time and would go back again. We recommend the trout, pork belly and fried chicken wholeheartedly. Service was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvlivininAVLLuvsAVLDined on 9/12/2014As a person who was born and raised in the rural southeast and grew up enjoying real Southern cooking, I can honestly say this was not the traditional southern cooking my family and I so much enjoy. My husband had the fried chicken and although it was good it did not compare with the delicious fried chicken my Mother could make. The berry cobbler was downright disappointing! My son was pleased with the pork belly and I found the scallops delicious. All said we had a lovely dinner and enjoyed tasting the various flavors of rum but if you are expecting a knock your socks off southern meal you may be disappointed. I think this restaurant is trying too hard to be complex and good southern cooking does not need to be complicated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for BrunchMusicLover45Dined on 9/7/2014It was our first time dining at the restaurant and I had Sunday Brunch. The food and service was very good, with lots of different flavors in each of our dishes. We chose to eat inside but they do have a small patio for those who desire to eat outdoors. Overall would highly recommend to anyone seeking good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuddyDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed our evening and will return. Food and drinks were good, good selection of bourbon, menu selection for the evening just fine.Special Features:
- lttlesbDined on 8/31/2014Went there for the bourbon. Nothing else was that great.
- Wonderful dinnerMelissaDined on 8/30/2014As always, Seven Sows was amazing! Our server was very personable and had great recommendations for both food & drink. Make sure you try the pork cheeks oh so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service; except for hygieneMhartzVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was great, Pork Chop and Cheeks are outstanding. Service was wonderful, except for our server smelling like the strongest B. O. Ever...would have been perfect but we literally held our breath until our female server left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!HappyCamperDined on 8/16/2014We made a meal of small plates and loved each one! We especially enjoyed the seared scallops in light corn sauce, hush puppies with pimento cheese fondue, and steak tartar blended with ground peanuts, pickles, onion and other unusual flavors. We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummo!writezoeDined on 8/12/2014Our meal at Seven Sows was one of the best during our Asheville vacation. I wish we lived closer.Special Features:
- Best ribs everdickweitDined on 8/12/2014My wife and I had dinner at this restaurant. We both enjoyed our meals. I normally do not order ribs when out, but I have to say that your ribs were the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good experienceNsmartistDined on 8/9/2014Our third visit this summer. Dining here is different and I can't quite put my finger on what makes it different. For one thing, the staff make you feel like you belong there. I'm still exploring the menu which challenges me…that, I love. My favorite: hushpuppies and pimento cheese fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueVangeliqueDined on 8/1/2014Delectably unique culinary combos with excellent service. Prices too high given serving size and contents, but much is local and organic and preparations are very creative. Bigger complaint is most if the tables have very uncomfortable chairs. Ask for outside or a booth for better comfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great reinvisioned southern food2jalapenosVIPDined on 8/1/2014Loved the atmosphere here and the simple, pared down menu. We were visiting from Chicago and wanted to eat at a restaurant with cuisine we couldn't find at home, and this absolutely fit the bill: deviled eggs, fried green tomatoes (with the scallop starter), fried chicken, cobbler. Loved the bourbon cocktails we tried, and the food was fantastic. I loved the scallops. The fried chicken was good, but wish it had been served with something acidic -- maybe a green salad with lemon or something pickled. (The mac and cheese was lovely but made the whole dish pretty heavy.) That cobbler! Order that cobbler. Simple, not too sweet, and generally un-mucked around with. Perfection.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceAustin1040VIPDined on 8/1/2014I've visited quite a few of the highly rated Asheville restaurants based on reviews on open table and finally we found one that lived up to the hype. Interesting, tasty cocktails, unique appetizers, well-prepared entrees, and an exceptional dessert made the evening a joy. The menu is a bit limited but everything we had was well conceived and nicely prepared. My friends and I will be back.Special Features:
- Will be back!SDE1Dined on 7/31/2014As usual - great food and service. Top notch place.Special Features:
- Should have knownDisappointedinAshevilleDined on 7/26/2014When I went to Open table, This was one of the few restaurants that had a 7PM table for four available. This should have been a sign on a Saturday night in Asheville. Take an earlier (or later) table at another spot.
- Most food great, service was offOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This was an unusual experience because some of the good was great, amazing even, but some was just not right. Ribs were amazing but the shrimp and grits are not really shrimp and grits - they are fired polenta sticks and nothing like shrimp and grits. This would have been a 4 star rating but the service was off. We had a table of 6 and they served our meals in groups of two over a 10 to 15 minute period of time. It made for an awkward meal since some people had their food and they could either eat when no one else was eating or let their food get cold. Curate was leaps and bounds above this restaurant.Special Features: