1807 Nagawicka Rd.
Hartland, WI 53029Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sevenseaswi.com/
- Phone: 2623673903
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Mon, Wed, Thur - 5pm - 9pm, Fri 4:30-10pm Sat 5pm-10pm, Closed on Tuesday; **Please Note: No reservations accepted on Fridays, walk-ins only.**
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Steve Pedersen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC IN THE LOUNGE NEW YEARS EVE 7pm - 12am Jon LaPorte playing in the piano bar Dance Floor open
- Special Events: New Years Eve - Lobster, Prime Rib, Steaks, Oysters Rockefeller, Foi Gras, Compplimentary Champagne at Midnight
A word from Seven Seas
Linda & Jack Weissgerber would like to Welcome you to Seven Seas - one of suburban Milwaukee's most outstanding lakeside restaurants! The Seven Seas Restaurant is nestled in the scenic hills of the Kettle Moraine on the East shore of beautiful Lake Nagawicka, located just minutes from Waukesha or Madison’s East Side. The Seven Seas has been family owned and operated since 1981 and enjoys a fine reputation for excellent steak & seafood and attentive service in a hospitable and beautiful atmosphere. The Weissgerber family and staff will be happy to serve you and your guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Seven Seas - Best Restaurants in Hartland ›
Seven Seas reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (32)special occasion (29)romantic (20)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (10)great for brunch (9)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOutOnTheTownDined on 10/11/2014We dined on Saturday evening with friends of whom we share an anniversary. We were seated at a great table overlooking Nagawicka Lake. The service was a little slow, but our waitress, Crystal was fun. The food was good and we will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Prime Rib Ever!34YrAnniversaryDined on 10/4/2014Had the opportunity to dine at Seven Seas for dinner Saturday evening. Spinach and Brie appetizer was delicious, house bread basket was warm with crusty rolls along side flat bread and breadsticks. Main course prime rib was outstanding served with that flavorful outer edge of spices. One of the best meals I have had in a very long time. Service was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchloverDined on 9/14/2014Seven Seas is one of my all-time favorites for Sunday brunch, served family style at your table. Food is excellent; atmosphere is relaxed; view of the lake is gorgeous. Service was a bit slow during our most recent visit, but it appeared to be because they were short-staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRPMDVIPDined on 8/24/2014The service here is quite variable. Two visits ago the service was very slow. Last time it was spot on. This time we're back to slow. Both slow service visits were when they didn't have a big crowd. The filets were well prepared to a nice medium rare and were tender and juicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an eventDiningDivaDined on 8/24/2014We went to the brunch because we got a gift card for a wedding present. It's a long way from home so ... it's not something I'd make an hour drive for...but if I were local the brunch is good, almost too much food, but it was nice. Contrary to many of the comments, the service was good for us. It is definitely focused on events, not regular dining - so that does affect the atmosphere. And...they should stay away from crab cakes...they were very fishy and being from back east - crab aren't fishy so it was definitely filler. Either have the crab or not, but don't advertise fish as crab.Special Features:
- FunFestGreatfoodseekerDined on 8/24/2014Seated comfortably at a window table, we started with coffee and bloodies. Coffee kept pouring, and bakery basket arrived warm and scrumptious. Sandwich was huge and tender. Servers had an incredible sense of humor while being seriously attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMattzVIPDined on 8/23/2014Met friends for dinner hoping for a sunset (Mother Nature didn't cooperate). Restaurant wasn't busy - sat at the bar first for drinks. Bartender tried to pull a fast one by taking cash for a drink then charging for same drink on credit card. Had the place been even remotely busy I'd have given him the benefit of doubt, but we were 4 of 6 people at the bar. Seated for dinner - the menu is a bit dated, but the food we ordered was good. Waitress seemed out of her element - and service was average (again the place was not busy). With so many good restaurants around it is unlikely we'll go back to 7 Seas. CSpecial Features:
- Special in every waySammaramaDined on 8/17/2014We find ourselves returning to SS again and again. Special family events, summer Fridays on the terrace, best Sunday brunch anywhere...the food is fresh and delicious and the setting spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat4funDined on 8/11/2014We went on a quiet Monday night and really enjoyed the quiet atmosphere and view of the lake. The food was superb! The formal diner menu was on the higher end, but we expected that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Dining ExperienceKeithDined on 8/9/2014The ambience has always been a major attraction point for my wife and I as the restaurant sits on the shores of Lake Nagawiki. We especially like sitting outside and watch the sun set. The service was very good and friendly. The meal portions were well prepared, appropriately sized and arrived in a timely manner. I would gladly recommend Seven Seas to any of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodYummy28Dined on 7/27/2014Our meal was fantastic. Steaks are the best around. Special dinners (fish specialties) was wonderful. All the sides were very tasty. Service was a bit slow although there were a couple of larger groups that took a lot of the waitress time. A-1 rating given by us - always. That is why we go back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Management was nonexistentSulzerTurboVIPDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I were unimpressed with the hostess in that she didn't seat us and give us menus with a wine list when we arrived. She basically told us to seat ourselves. The waitress needed help and needs training on what a great dining experience should entail. The food was great, and the views are worth a million bucks. We had fun regardless because of a wedding that was taking place on the terrace adjacent to the dining area. But either ownership or management is neglecting the business, because it was missing a key component of a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yeah for Crystal!cloweDined on 7/19/2014Our dinner was delicious, and we had a "super" waitress! Not only was she efficient, but so very personable. Greeted us with a big smile and even commented on the color of my dress. Drinks were very good and only 6.00 each, which we thought was reasonable. Crystal gave us the specials, I chose to stick with the prime rib, but my husband opted for the stuffed orange roughy. All in all, a great evening and we will be back to try their fish fry, which we hear is great too. Try their brunch which is also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great view, but...lovetodineoutDined on 7/19/2014First time there, and the food was delicious - the scallop appetizer is a must, as in the French onion soup. The wiener schnitzel was thin and crispy as it should be, and my husband found his prime rib perfectly cooked. The service was first class. However, the tables were so very close together, the noise level grew quickly. One younger couple next to us acted like they'd never been at a nice restaurant, and the group of four older people on the other side obviously were so happy to be together, but their conversation level was off the charts. We were only halfway finished with our meal, and we just wanted to go. I wish the restaurant would space tables out more. The loud conversations spoiled our romantic dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faded gloryCasualdinerDined on 7/19/2014I have only been to the Seven Seas a handful of times. Two of those times were for a wedding and a work banquet. The place is great for a reception or banquet, but dining out is a whole different experience. I felt the decor was outdated from the nineties as were the menu options. The food was expensive and the meal was just not fine dining. I might have given it another chance as it was a relaxing atmosphere with a beautiful view, but the pricing is out of what I was willing to pay for what I got out of the experience.Special Features:
- Great SteakkmacmilwDined on 7/17/2014Ordered the tenderloin filet and it was delicious. The menu was a little limited, would have liked to see more options. Overall food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014The view was great, atmosphere good, food was good but, service was lacking. Hostess was not professional and seemed to interact with the bartender w/ language not so dinner or kid friendly at one point. Probably need a manager's presence to help with service and professionalism to raise the bar here. Overall, nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerdiner101Dined on 7/12/2014Our meal was lovely and the view was absolutely gorgeous. Make sure to ask for a table where you can see the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewDonHDined on 7/9/2014Fine food and a GREAT view make Seaven Seas a special dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seven SeasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014The outdoor dining is by the far the best part of this restaurant. Their view is spectacular, especially on a cooperative evening in WI. However, the inside of the restaurant is very outdated from the silverware to the chairs and more. I'm happy to pay for a good meal, but would like the ambiance to meet the same standard as the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seven Seas totally gets it!JimLDined on 7/2/2014If you are in the mood for some great dining, try the Seven Seas. The food was very good, the service was enjoyable, very upbeat wait staff and the views terrific. All in all, a very enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014This place was very good! I will continue to go to brunch or dinner here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 188 reviews are from the Seven Seas reviews archive.
- Great PlaceBilloDined on 6/22/2014Had a very enjoyable quiet dinner with a view of the lake. This was a Sunday evening and it was not crowded.Special Features:
- Poor ServicePackerFan42Dined on 6/17/2014Were there on a Tuesday around 6:00PM - not many people there at that time. Made a reservation online & asked for outside dining. When we arrived, the host proceeded to the dining room. Had to tell him about our online reservation. He didn't seem to have a clue about it. Sat outside - beautiful night. Waited a bit for the server (no big deal). We each ordered a glass of wine and when the server came back with the wine, we ordered an appetizer along with our meal. Appetizer didn't arrive for 30 minutes and 5 minutes later, we received our entree. I had ordered a salad - never received it. Wanted another glass of wine - had to flag a "runner" down. All in all, very disappointed...
- loved brunchanntoDined on 6/15/2014what a value and great food and views! We will defintely do this again.Special Features:
- Excellent foodWinooneDined on 6/14/2014The food was terrific. Service was slow however. They had a big wedding party that night which may have been the cause. Short on wait staff. Our waiter however was very cordial and did a nice jobSpecial Features:
- Celebrating with Elderly Parentsluv2eatoutDined on 6/14/2014We celebrated both Mother's Day and Father's Day with my elderly parents (90 and 91) at Seven Seas last Saturday evening. The service in the bar and in the dining room was super. We were so excited that you had ceviche on the appetizer menu! Also, the catfish special was outstanding! All of our meals were delicious including the variety of bread choices in the bread basket...loved the skinny breadsticks! My parents had dessert, and the portions were HUGE! Of course, they managed to eat every single bite! There was a big wedding outside while we were there, but that just added to our enjoyment. The views of the gardens and the lake were breathtaking and thoroughly enhanced our dining experience. We will definitely be back in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation BrunchJulesDined on 6/8/2014The food was wonderful, Sham torte was one of the best I have ever had, the views are gorgeous but due to the terrible service. We waited for long periods of time, were not offered coffee refills until asked and did not even receive coffee with dessert. I do not think we would return. Perfect lake views for pictures .Special Features:
- A Great EveningolderwiserVIPDined on 5/22/2014We celebrated a teaching retirement with seven casual friends. Drinks on the patio were perfectly embellished by the view of sailboats on the serene lake. We were seated at a large roomy window table once indoors. Every entree was delicious and we had made multiple choices. Really appreciated being able to split some of the larger specialty salads to add to our main entree. We did get the wrong bottle of wine, but drank it anyway and it was good. No doubt that we will return for our next special occasion or celebration with this group of ladies.Special Features:
- SerenityolderwiserVIPDined on 5/17/2014Our dinner required us to clear our minds and enjoy serenity and we were able to do both at a lovely dinner on a Saturday evening. Entrees included a special pork trio and a schnitzel which were prepared and presented with perfection. A couple glasses of wine and service with a smile from both the bar area and the dining room. We could not have asked for a better evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRPMDVIPDined on 5/10/2014We had a not-so-good experience at SS a year or more ago (unsatisfactory service and food), but we're so glad we gave them another chance. Even though the dining room was packed and there were two wedding receptions ongoing, our service was prompt and friendly and the filet was so tender and cooked a nice medium rare. SS is definitely back on my rotation of fine places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Saturday Night MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014We went out with my family for my husband's birthday, and we really enjoyed ourselves at Seven Seas. We've been there many times before, and we are sure to come again. Our server was very polite and attentive without being overbearing. The food was delicious. I appreciate that there are vegetarian options, and there is a nice variety of menu items for the non-vegetarian members of my family.Special Features:
- Fabulouseagl3sVIPDined on 4/27/2014this is not the first time we have eaten at Seven Seas....we went to Brunch and had more food than we could possibly eat. Dieder, the chef who makes the omelettes, waffles and other goodies is most pleasant and helful. Joanne our wait staff was just superb. Could not have asked for anything else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEAUTIFUL DINNERFOODIEONEDined on 4/13/2014WE ENJOYED DINNER AT SEVEN SEAS WITH OUR SON AND HIS GIRLFRIEND. THE FRENCH ONION SOUP WAS TO DIE FOR! OUR ENTREES INCLUDED THE MAHI MAHI,WEINER SCHNITZEL,NEW YORK STRIP STEAK AND PRIME RIB. ALL COOKED PERFECTLY! VERY GOOD OLD FASHIONS TOO!!Special Features:
- A wonderful meal and service.LynnDined on 3/29/2014This was my first visit to the Seven Seas restaurant and it was excellent. I ordered the braised short rib which was the special and it was so tender that I didn't need a knife. I wish we would've had a table next to the window for a better view of the lake but we did see the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMeyergirlDined on 3/23/2014My family loves to eat at Seven Seas and recently tried the Sunday brunch. The variety and quality of the food appealed to everyone in the group. Service has always been excellent. The price is an exceptional value for brunch and we all left happy, planning to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in every aspectJoeDDined on 3/22/2014I've been going to the Seven Seas for about 10 years now and the restaurant never ceases to amaze me. The food is always as tasty as can be, the waitstaff extremely outstanding, and the atmosphere impeccable. Menu offers a variety of options including steak, lobster, chicken, and salads. Each entre is meticulously prepared to your liking every time. They have a way of making their food unique to their restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When I look at a menu in WisconsinOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/22/2014When I look at a menu in Wisconsin I invariably think give me a break. If only restaurant kitchens would realize that for some people less is better, and the entire menu doesn't have to be a sauce but have on top of another sauce, etc. quite frankly, it tries me crazy searching the menu for just a simple sea scallops lightly cooked or the same for a Dover sole basically sautéed, and that's it. I'll the items on this menu went too far in terms of additional sauces or attributes on food. A few plane items for the entrée would be very desirable in this lovely restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice viewwontbebackanytimesoonDined on 3/22/2014The food was Ok, not much taste, needed some pizzazz. If they want to keep customers coming back, they need to step up their game. When we got there to check in the hostess ignored us until she was done organizing the menus. She never said one word or cracked a smile while she was escorting us to our seats. The waitress did not go out of here way to be friendly. Took our oreder and that was about it. I was disappointed in our didning experience other than the view of the Lake.Special Features:
- Birthday DinneroutoftownerDined on 3/22/2014While the lake view was scenic, and the wait staff were very accommodating, the food did not meet the quality criteria. The steak was fatty and somewhat tough, had to send the first slice prime rib back, as it was over-done for medium. Potatoes were gluey -- seemed microwaved, not baked. Asparagas ends were tough, not properly trimmed. Especially for the price, not up to par.Special Features: