1550 Hyde Street
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sevenhillssf.com/
- Phone: 4157751550x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days per week
Monday - Thursday: 5:30 Pm - 9:30 Pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00 Pm - 10:00 Pm
Sunday: 5:00 Pm - 9:30 Pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Alexander Alioto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Seven Hills is available for private parties as well as buyouts. We will cater the menu to meet your needs.
A word from Seven Hills
Welcome to Seven Hills. We are a Rustic Bistro styled Italian Restaurant located in the Russian Hill Neighborhood of San Francisco. We serve great fresh affordable food. Our emphasis is on homemade pastas. Our wine list is small but extremely well thought out and complements our cooking style. We look forward to taking care of you and your guests. See you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seven Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food, fun neighborhoodAbbyroseDined on 1/17/2014We had a great meal here, everything we had was excellent. Must try the Raviolo Uovo!!!!! Don't think our waiter was too happy about how we ordered, appetizer and half pasta (which is on the menu), then ordered more food, think he wanted us to order all at once, but overall service was adequate. Get there early and go to the wine bar across the street to get in the mood for a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findRustyVIPDined on 1/12/2014Didnt know about this place for a while for some reason... But will recommend it to EVERYONE. Great menu and really fine execution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServicechaeraeDined on 1/11/2014My fiancé and I came here for dinner, and we were absolutely blown away. The food was impeccable - the complimentary bread was fresh, our salads were light and tasteful, and all of the pastas we tried were perfect. The raviolo uovo, of course, was amazing, and the flavors went perfectly together. Other pastas we tried were the espresso pappardelle with oxtail ragu (rich but delicious), a special with hat shaped pastas and ricotta and black truffle (wonderful), and a wheat pasta with buffalo ricotta (light and tasty). The vanilla bean panna cotta for dessert was perfect. What stood out the most, though, was the service. We were constantly offered more bread, water, and wine, and the servers worked together like a well-oiled machine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The owner is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2014The owner Alex was so welcoming and even sat us before our reservation at a table for four instead of two! He held the last Uovo Ravioli for us and made us feel like regulars. I highly, highly recommend this place for it's food and it's service. It is second-to-none and perfect for a romantic date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this restaurantNeunuebelVIPDined on 12/30/2013We love this place. We live in Santa Barbara and come to San Francisco about 3 times per year and while we're always looking for new restaurants we haven't gone to, we alway eat at Seven Hills. The owner has been very accommodatting also. Fun place, nice little neighborhood place with great food.Special Features:
- The food was great, but theTonyBlundetoDined on 12/30/2013The food was great, but the service was terrible. The waitress basically stood over our table - not for the purposes of looking after us (I had to request another glass of wine and water refills repeatedly), but instead waiting for a chance to grab our plates. I understand that you're trying to turn tables, but why come over to take our dessert order when only one of us is actually sitting at the table? That said, the food was quite good. I had the pork shoulder and it was exceptionally tender. The ravioli is also exquisite.Special Features:
- Great spot for date night!JuliaDined on 12/28/2013My boyfriend and I enjoyed a great dinner here on Friday evening. Be sure to make your reservation several days ahead, it's a small place with limited tables -- we were lucky to get a romantic seat at the window. The food was excellent (as always) and the wine list is reasonably priced with a nice variety from California and other countries. We had a bottle of French Campignane blend for only $39 that was delish! Highly recommend this spot -- it was extra fun to take the Cable Car from Union Square which drops you off just a block away on Hyde St. There's also a great spot for pre-dinner drinks just across the street, at Cafe Meuse wine bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food!PJL1946Dined on 12/11/2013This is truly great food. Not a large menu but all of the dishes we ordered in a party of four were delicious. The grilled Spanish octopus with gigante beans and tomatoes was truly "to die for." We were visiting San Francisco and it was so go, we went back a second time for dinner the next night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss this RestaurantLKPDVIPDined on 12/11/2013From the outside it looks like an average neighborhood restaurant. But you can't judge this book by its cover!!! This was our second visit and we would not have changed anything either time. The service was great and the food was outstanding. (And we aren't the only ones who think so. We went mid-week on both occasions and the restaurant was full - reservations are strongly recommended.) I can't wait to go back! For our recent visit we finished our meal with a poached pear served with homemade ricotta - we all thought we died and went to heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBillDined on 12/9/2013Excellent food and service. My only complaint is that the place is so small that it became uncomfortably crowded as it filled with people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Neighborhood GemCPIIIVIPDined on 12/8/2013This was our first time visiting the restaurant and found it to be a very comfortable dinning experience. Our server Mindy was very attentive and anticipated our every need. We had the Burrata and Prosciutto crostini as our first plate and three different pasta dishes as our main course and found them all to be just superb. We definitely be back to experience some of their other options.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningYummy10Dined on 12/5/2013What a delight to discover a new restaurant that satisfies in every way. The ambience has European charm with beautiful lighting. The space is a bit tight yet feels intimate. But the food is the star here. The pastas are delicious and half orders are available. We ended up having 3 courses each because of the tempting options. We we're comforted by the surroundings and attentive service. Every dish was prepared to loving perfection. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Wonderful food but even withhahaDined on 12/3/2013Wonderful food but even with a reservation we had to wait 20 mins for our table. Really small area inside so you have to wait outside if your table is not ready. Food is totally worth it though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pasta I've had...period.wdsddsVIPDined on 12/3/2013Best pasta I've had...period. Beet salad & panna cotta delicious! Will go back soon. Parking is tough. They should have valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple, Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/1/2013This is a wonderfully charming (but slightly over-priced--how much are you willing to pay for pasta?) eatery. This restaurant has a distinct culinary identity and knows how to execute their brand to the T. They serve delicious Italian cuisine and focus on fresh homemade pastas. They truly excel at pairing their carefully picked ingredients into a cohesive dish that exemplifies the natural flavors of the food. All the dishes are always carefully and artfully prepared and served. The atmosphere is wonderfully intimate, subdued, and comforting. The only true downside is the abysmal lack of available parking, but I guess you can't expect much in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as crispOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/29/2013Visited for the first time last year. The return trip was disappointing . The dishes were creative and Had great ingredients however everything from starters through entrees were systematically ruined by being WAY over seasoned . The meal had such potential.....Special Features:
- Amazing dinner. Every dishOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/23/2013Amazing dinner. Every dish was incredible. Wine list superb. A real gem.Special Features:
- OutstandingYumYumVIPDined on 11/22/2013The two Alex's are operating one of the finest small Italian restaurants in the City's history. A real dining treat. The service is superb and paced just right and food just outstanding. The only teeny imperfection was a slightly dry chocolate cake, maybe one day too old. Otherwise perfection, and especially the pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Birthday LocaleseanDined on 11/21/2013I thought all the dishes were really well done. The red wine by the glass they helped me pick was very good. I liked that they were smaller portions so that as 2 people we were able to try more things. Our waiter was very friendly and patient. It is a very cute place with a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At lastDerekCDined on 11/21/2013Been wanting to try this restaurant for some time, living in the neighborhood. Packed every time I've walked or driven by. A visiting friend gave me the perfect excuse to make a reservation, and I'm glad I did. The service, food and ambiance were all terrific, and I'll definitely be back, soon.Special Features:
- lovely pastacocoDined on 11/20/20132nd visit here....service seemed more organized and food arrived in a more timely fashion. The food was most noticeably improved - clean, distinctive flavors, fresh pasta that still retained the ideal al dente quality and perfectly cooked (crispy outside, tender inside) octopus. Decent wine list, though some of the wine descriptions were a bit cheesy. Looking forward to next time. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unimpressed overallOutOfTownerDined on 11/17/2013I was visiting SF for a long weekend, and was loving the local cuisine up to that point. Seven Hills was not only my least impressive meal in the city, it was the most expensive! The egg ravioli was something new and quite delicious, but small and extremely rich. Everything else (food, wine, atmosphere) was lacking. For a restaurant 'well known in SF' for it's house-made pasta, I was not impressed with the flavor or texture of the noodles I received. Overall, 2 out of 5 compared to the other great (and cheaper) meals I had in the city!
- lovely food...for a priceozdinerDined on 11/13/2013My wife and I enjoyed a meal here on our last visit to san fran, the food was great but the portions are on the smal side with prices more at the higher endSpecial Features:
- DisappointingJennaDined on 11/12/2013The service and ambiance were great but the food was not good. Both the Carbonara and the pene were bland with no flavor.
- Fine food great peopleMikeRDined on 11/10/2013Loved the people and the food. They made it a great evening with wonderful food and lots of fun. Other patrons were very nice and some were regulars ... when they can get in! Make reservations well in advance as it isn't large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City DiningCKNNDined on 11/5/2013This was our first time at this restaurant. We had friends in from Chicago and wanted to take them someplace with some city charm. The food was wonderful. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vibrant neighborhood gemKikiDined on 11/2/2013long wait even with a reservation but that goes to show how popular it is. owner takes good care of his clientele and really enjoys talking with them. food was good - not as spectacular as I was expecting but still good - and the ambiance was definitely cute. i would recommend it and definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Words cannot describe the food hereAbbyVIPDined on 11/1/2013Its almost an injustice to try to write a review for this place, because I feel like no matter what I say, it will pale in comparison to the food. I live in NYC and work in finance, so needless to say, I get to eat at some of the best places on the companies dime and no expense is spared. I eat like a king and Seven Hills blew my mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite pastatddinerVIPDined on 10/29/2013Mmm. I keep going back for the Mushroom Tortelli and Ravioli Uovo! We like to take friends and then share all the dishes we order, so we can enjoy the whole menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!Dex66VIPDined on 10/28/2013We had dinner here for the first time and was extremely pleased with the overall experience. The service was great and the food was delicious. I highly recommend the Ravioli Ouvo...save some bread to soak up the truffle oil after you eat the ravioli. SOOOOO delicious! I also liked that you could order half orders of the pasta dishes so you could try different ones and not feel overstuffed. I will definitely eat here again and highly recommend it to anyone looking for some unique dishes with extraordinary flavors.Special Features:
- Excellent food - meatballs a mustcatseyesDined on 10/27/2013The food was excellent. I had read some of previously reviews and decided to try the turkey meatballs app. They were beyond my expectations. I also liked that I got to try to two pasta entrees since you can order two half orders. Everything we tried was excellent. Would highly recommend, but definitely need reservation. The place is not that big and all the tables were full even with a 5:30 reservation on Sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After reading some of theLizabethDined on 10/27/2013After reading some of the negative comments I was apprehensive of what we might encounter. I considered changing the reservation but I am glad we didn't. The food was excellent, service was attentive, and the ambience was appropriate. The place is small, but I never felt that it was uncomfortable....never felt that our conversation was public. The owner came over and asked how everything was. We had no issues with crowds or waiting. Definitely give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of best restaurants incaseyDined on 10/24/2013One of best restaurants in San Francisco. In Nob Hill neighborhood, charming ambiance. Great waiters/staff, experienced and friendly. pasta is homemade - I have never had better, even in Italy. Many interesting choices and half portions available so you can try multiple offerings. Dessert was amazing and great wine list with knowledgeable staff regarding wine characteristics. I would eat here every week if I could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant, bad service.wa7mmVIPDined on 10/16/2013Food is good, wine list is ok at best, but service is only so, so.....Special Features:
- Yum yum yum!JonnybishDined on 10/16/2013Great food, attentive service and lovely ambience - what's not to love?! Check out this little gem of a restaurant if you are a foodie; have a special occasion to celebrate; want to woo your partner; it is a rainy Tuesday evening; any reason, really... You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's good, not greatBouffeDined on 10/15/2013Seven Hills had been highly recommended by two friends, so a girlfriend who is a superb cook and I decided to try it. Though the fresh pasta was good, we each thought the pasta we make at home is better. The server also brought my main dish while I was still eating my salad. So, while we would give it a B/B+, we certainly did not understand all the 5* reviews. Walk, don't run.
- Friendly Service and Good FoodMrMrsRDined on 10/14/2013Glad we made it to Seven Hills. We started with an appetizer of Octopus and it was tender and flavorful. San Daniele Prosciutto Salad with wild arugula, frisee, fried beets, pecorino cheese, hazelnuts, 20 year old balsamic Vinegar and Sicilian extra virgin olive oil was more than we could have hoped for as a different and good salad. Our meals consisted of spaghetti with sausage,caramelized onions, bell peppers and tomato sauce and home made red potato gnocchi with a red sauce. Bread with meal was good. Adding to a great evening was the trolley ride that we picked up right in front of the restaurant down to our hotel in the Fisherman Wharf area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot to trot!edsanfranVIPDined on 10/11/2013New Italian restaurant that took over 1550 Hyde, and with impressive results. Seven Hills stands for the 7 peaks in SF (who knew?). The sweetbreads with mushrooms are noteworthy, as well as ALL the pastas. Order a bunch of half portions in order to enjoy the chef's mastery. The waiter was knowledgeable, professional, and recommended a fantastic bottle of malbec from Argentina that was perfect. It was my first time there, but certainly not my last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot about a littleDisappointedDined on 10/9/2013Disappointed with fish, average gnocchi. The pork chop with sage was easily the winner at our tiny table. Lots of flowery descriptions from snooty waiter and an attitude when I changed my mind about the entree within a minute. Overrated unless it is very convenient, but I will still rate it ok for foodies and sort of a neighborhood gem. And it was uncomfortably warm in the restaurant, and I was wearing short sleeves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food in a great spacePamDDined on 10/9/2013The restaurant was charming, the food was excellent, the servers were attentive. Portions are a bit on the small side, but that was actually a welcome change after how most restaurants give you portions that could feed a small family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.