1000 Arlberg Avenue
Girdwood, AK 99587Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alyeskaresort.com/dining/seven-glaciers-restaurant.aspx
- Phone: 9077542237x
- Hours of Operation:
Seven Glaciers Will Open for Thanksgiving Dinner
Wednesday, November 26th and Thursday, November 27th
Seven Glaciers Opens for Winter Operations Friday, November 28th, 2014
Friday & Saturday, 12pm - 9pm
Sunday, 12pm - 8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Porter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For groups of 10 or more any time of the year, Alyeska Resort offers group lodging rates. Depending on your group size, many of our restaurants can host your group with an advanced reservation. For larger groups, we recommend working with Alyeska’s Catering Team to create a custom menu. Choose from casual buffets to formal dinners in one of our more intimate meeting spaces.
To bring your group to Alyeska Resort, feel free to call or email the Sales team at 907-754-2213 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: For further details, please contact our Sales Department by visiting our web site at www.alyeskaresort.com or by calling them.
- Cross Street: Alyeska Highway
- Public Transit: Glacier Valley Transit (GVT) operates a year-round transportation busing system with fixed route service in Girdwood, Alaska. GVT is owned and operated by Girdwood Transportation, LLC and leases employees from Alyeska Resort. GVT is made possible by a grant from the Federal Transit Authority and The Alaska Department of Transportation. 907-382-9909
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available at the main entrance to The Hotel Alyeska. Self parking is also available.
A word from Seven Glaciers
Seven Glaciers is Alyeska Resort’s AAA Four Diamond award winning mountain-top restaurant. Offering signature Alaskan entrees in an elegant atmosphere, the Seven Glaciers experience is extraordinary from start to finish. Your journey begins with a scenic aerial tram ride that takes you high above The Hotel Alyeska to 2,300 feet above sea level. From this mountain-top perch, Seven Glaciers is surrounded by nature from every direction. This means that every table features panoramic glacier and water views. Chef Jason Porter carefully crafts the Seven Glaciers' menus with an emphasis on locally available produce, seafood and game. With an attention to detail and a flair for the unexpected, Chef Porter presents delectable Alaskan favorites with his own personal touch. Seven Glaciers boasts an award winning wine list and full bar to perfectly complement your meal. Please leave room for dessert--the Baked Alyeska cannot be missed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Seven Glaciers - Best Restaurants in Girdwood ›
Seven Glaciers reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (195)special occasion (164)romantic (143)notable wine list (104)fit for foodies (84)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- A special treatgr8foodfunDined on 9/21/2014Stunning views, wonderful food, and great service. Simple menu but evrything we had was done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestDanielDined on 9/21/2014Took my parents here for dinner while visiting Alaska and we couldn't have been more pleased with the entire experience. From the ride up the tram, to the friendly, knowledgeable staff, to the great food; this place does not disappoint. The entree prices are steep, but if you factor in that the tram ride is $25 per person without dinner reservations it makes it more manageable. They have a wine list like a novel. Wait staff was very accommodating to diners taking pictures out the windows and helping with taking pictures of our family.Special Features:
- Always a treatEpicuriousDined on 9/20/2014Hands down my favorite restaurant in the Anchorage area. The menu is always clean and concise and the food is always perfect. I would not recommend this restaurant to the picky eater as there is limited option for substitutions, but there is also something for everyone. In addition to great food, they have the best martini in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- way over pricedkrash13Dined on 9/20/2014I don't think I have ever been so disappointed in a steak in my life serious lack of flavor. Along with poor service and high prices. But the view was the best thing about dinnerSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014This was our first time eating at Seven Glaciers. It was a great first date for both of us. Thank You. I would highly recommend it for the ride, view and the food and service.Special Features:
- Pretty restaurant, menu lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I wish there were more non seafood options on the menu. There was only one chicken option and it was an au jus flavor that I didn't much care for, although it was cooked well and very tender. Also, I would have thought at a classy place like this that there would be a place to check your jacket vs. slinging it over the back of your chair.Special Features:
- Great food and amazing scenic viewseat4meDined on 9/14/2014The WAGYU New York Strip was thick and tender, all the dishes were attractively done. The scenic views that you see on the way to the restaurant are beautiful, the panoramic views from the restaurant completes your dining experience.Special Features:
- Great time!Yipeeeeee420Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I came for our wedding anniversary, we had a very wonderful time- the drinks were good, the dinner was amazing and the views were incredible! The light above my husband was going out so that was a bit annoying, and for the prices of the good, we thought our waitress could have made a few more stops by.... My husbands steak was ordered at medium well and came out rare, but once he got past that he enjoyed the whole steak. Our experience there was a lovely, romantic night and I am looking forward to our return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Date NightfriendlyfoodieDined on 9/13/2014I took my wife to Seven Glaciers for her birthday and we loved it! We ordered the "Chef's Tasting Menu" which changes daily based on what the chef wants to make. There were some things I was not expecting to like but it was all delicious! The prices are high and the portion sizes are small, but it is worth it for the atmosphere, the food and the views. Great for date night or special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BunnyDined on 9/11/2014Great food and views Worth the trip up the mountainSpecial Features:
- The view is breathtaking!TheBreezeDined on 9/10/2014From the tram ride up the mountain, the scenic view, and spectacular food. If you are ever in Girdwood, AK. This gem should be in your plans to experience.Special Features:
- dining with a viewsoupconDined on 9/10/2014You take a huge tram up to the top of this mountain for dinner. The tram ride is free with a dinner reservation. The view is absolutely spectacular and the food is top noth.Special Features:
- Great viewNaomiDined on 9/10/2014I loved the service, food, and the environment. I'll definitely come back. :-)Special Features:
- OverratedSomethingfishyDined on 9/7/2014This was one of "those" places we were looking forward to the total experience. Unfortunately, it fell flat. The service was weak, the server was not focused on the customer, paid little attention and didn't create a "dining experience", moreover wanting to "move us through". Beautiful location at top of mountain and we timed it for sunset. Upscale restaurant with very casually dressed clientele (mountain style). Oysters were not cold or fresh as served; they replaced after pointing them out but really should have known. Lack of attention to detail. Also it was our anniversary, which the hostess acknowledged but the server never did; just a minor issue.Special Features:
- superbbrooklynedDined on 9/7/2014This was the best restaurant I ate in in Alaska. They obviously have s great view but they also have a great chef and s good wine list. You will not be disappointed in this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Staff, Great FoodIsrafelDined on 9/7/2014We weren't sure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised with both the quality and the service. Creative selection of dishes were well-prepared and excellent. Very glad we came out and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth iteatsoutalotDined on 9/6/2014Worst service I've had in a long time. What should have been a lovely birthday dinner ended up being an awful time and a ruined evening. I'll never go back.Special Features:
- Very good food and even better viewkirkakDined on 9/5/2014My friend and I had the Chef's Special which was a five course meal. Notables were the salmon, mussels, and steak and I thought the steak was the bright spot of all three. Initially, I thought the portions were a bit small. However, in the end, I was pleasantly satisfied without being too full. While the food is very good, clearly the attractive quality of this restaurant is the ambiance/beautiful views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow tram ride to paradise!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014The view was fantastic! We watched hang gliders riding the wind as they glided over the area that will be double black diamond ski runs in a couple of months. The chefs tastings menu was elegant and diverse we had the best steamed mussels ever! And the wine pairings were surprizing and delicious. The service was expert and attentive! We highly recommend seven glaciers dining experience. The views on The tram ride were breathtaking!Special Features:
- Beautiful, Elegant fine diningGr8tAKxprncDined on 9/1/2014This was our 2nd time dining here. Our 32nd wedding anniversary dining experience was better than the last. I had the Steak dinner...OMG! The Steak was so tender you could cut It with a butter knife. Beautiful presentation. Very fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Me and my husband were on our honeymoon. We had dinner at 7 glaciers. My first empresson was " this place is beautiful." We were complimented on being dressed up by the hostess and then seated. Our waitron was knowledgable and very friendly. The food was expensive, but worth every dime. Seven glaciers is a very immaculate restaurant. I have been raving about this place since we had dined there. I must say the wine, was delicious. Both my husband and I got the recommended wine to go with our dinner which it paired perfectly. But nothing was better than the desert and the dessert wine. I have never had a wonderful rememberable the meal such as The one I had on this night. My husband and I will be back and telling all of our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7 Glaciers is 5 Star.intrepidtraveler69Dined on 9/1/2014Everything at 7 Glaciers is five star. The service, the view, and the food are exceptional. I had dinner there and it capped off a perfect first time in Alaska experience. It is definitely one of my favorite restaurants of all time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny portions, high prices, awesomeDiscerningDined on 8/31/2014view...................................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience Ever!MidnightYoshiDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I decided to go here for our two-year anniversary and we couldn't have been more pleased with our exceptional experience! The food was amazing, the service was the best we'd ever had, and the view was gorgeous! I would highly recommend Seven Glaciers, especially if you are looking for a romantic place to dine for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Mixed SuccessEyeOnAlaskaDined on 8/29/2014Dinner with another couple from out of state. Kind of hit or miss on the food, some was incredibly good, some just very average. Service was quite honesty, pretty poor. Twice our server forgot items we had ordered, and another server spilled gravy on my wifes coat. Their response was to bring some wet-wipes. King Crab cakes were bland. Everything else pretty good. A good wine list with surprisingly reasonable prices. Giant plates for smaller portions. You're definitely paying for the location and unique experience. We probably won't go back.Special Features:
- UnforgettableSuzieDined on 8/28/2014Thanks for an amazing dinner. I will never forget it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014The filet mignon is the best steak of my life...love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny Dancer came to AlaskaAKRICODined on 8/24/2014After not having dined here in 6 yrs, decided to impress a very special someone who recently reunited after 30yrs. Experience was nothing less than expected. Started with half dozen Halibut Cove Oysters, never disappointed by Kachrnak Bay shellfish, fantastic. Followed a pre dinner martini with an '06 Renwood Vine Zinfandel from my library. The $25 cork fee was worthy, the California only varietal was mature for the occasion. Dinner selection consisted of a tasting of salad/entrees featuring mushrooms from various regions, following the 'Fungus Festival'. Servings reasonable, with the final entree 4oz filet being more like 7oz. The blueberry-raspberry custard topped dessert was delightful. Impressed she was, evening's finish, EPIC.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seven GlaciersThetruthDined on 8/19/2014Wait staff is a little too young and inexperienced for a fine restaurant. Food was very well prepared. Portions small but adequate. Wait moderately long. Wine over-priced and unavailable to sample, then out of stock when we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menuCindyVIPDined on 8/16/2014The portions of food and wine were larger than many places and very tasty. View is outstanding. Expensive, but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Views!!elmosalohaDined on 8/15/2014The Seven Glaciers is the high end restaurant at the Alyeska Hotel. The menu is limited but every item is wonderfully prepared and very delicious, even the desserts!!! If you're in the area or at the hotel, you must visit this restaurant, it's a unique place with a million dollar view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bbaum99Dined on 8/15/2014The experience of taking the tram to the top and viewing the valleys below from the table was breathtaking. This restaurant is great for people who have money and do not have kids. The restaurant is quiet and the people aren't distracted by their electronics! The food is a little expensive. 2 steaks, a potato dish, two salads, 2 coffees, 2 rootbeers, 4 desserts, crab, and a glass of cheap wine totaled to about $400. Exceptional service when you first come in. I would dress between a nice (not holy) jean and a button up shirt or a suit. For girls, a nice pair of jeans and a nice shirt or a cocktail dress and heels. Great for locals or tourists! Make sure to bring a jacket, it can get a little chilly! Have fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food was very good but two of the orders were not cooked to the specifications of the order. Steaks were ordered medium well and served rareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeSluggerDined on 8/13/2014The food was fabulous. Waiter was extremely friendly. View was breathtaking.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsNWILgalDined on 8/13/2014Considering that the tram ride is included with your dinner reservation, everyone in our group considered dinner at Seven Glaciers to be a bargain. The food and service was outstanding. The "foodie" in our group was impressed; she said she'd never had better salmon. Since all five of us chose the salmon as our entree, I can't speak to any other dish, but all of us were very happy with what we were served. Orders included levels of doneness from "rare" to "medium well", and no one was disappointed. We've rarely found that to be the case. We received good advice about wine and appetizers, and we loved the changing view. Our table had windows on three sides, and the clouds and rain that evening enthralled us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Food is not that memorable, but the view makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic view!kikosdiningDined on 8/8/2014Seven Glaciers is a wonderful restaurant; food was superb, wine fantastic, service was great but the best part of the experience was the tram ride up to the restaurant and the views from the top! A bit on the pricey side but this is one of those places where you can truly say "that you get what you pay for"!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationbdayfunDined on 8/8/2014It was a birthday celebration and it was amazing. The position is stunning, the food was beautifully presented and enjoyable. Service was excellent, and the manager went out of his way to make the occasion memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth repeatingeatingwellDined on 8/4/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Seven Glaciers on a cold, rainy summer night. The evening was lovely in every respect in spite of the weather. The mountain views, both from the tram and the restaurant, were breathtaking, the service was warm yet unobtrusive, and the food was delicious and well-timed. (The bisque was particularly outstanding.) We've decided to dine here on all of our future anniversaries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The drive out to Alyeska, the ride up the tram, the restaurant,and the views are all noteworthy of what Alaska is all about. I would definitely do it as a special occassion as the setting and food fare are not for budget conscious visitors. It was a great time with friends from different parts of the lower 48 and we enjoyed the entire experience. Something I would do againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.