1000 Arlberg Avenue
Girdwood, AK 99587Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alyeskaresort.com/dining/seven-glaciers-restaurant.aspx
- Phone: 9077542237x
- Hours of Operation:
Seven Glaciers Will Open for Thanksgiving Dinner
Wednesday, November 27th and Thursday, November 28th
Seven Glaciers Opens for Winter Operations Friday, November 29th, 2013
Friday & Saturday, 12pm - 9pm
Sunday, 12pm - 8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Porter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For groups of 10 or more any time of the year, Alyeska Resort offers group lodging rates. Depending on your group size, many of our restaurants can host your group with an advanced reservation. For larger groups, we recommend working with Alyeska’s Catering Team to create a custom menu. Choose from casual buffets to formal dinners in one of our more intimate meeting spaces.
To bring your group to Alyeska Resort, feel free to call or email the Sales team at 907-754-2213 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: For further details, please contact our Sales Department by visiting our web site at www.alyeskaresort.com or by calling them.
- Cross Street: Alyeska Highway
- Public Transit: Glacier Valley Transit (GVT) operates a year-round transportation busing system with fixed route service in Girdwood, Alaska. GVT is owned and operated by Girdwood Transportation, LLC and leases employees from Alyeska Resort. GVT is made possible by a grant from the Federal Transit Authority and The Alaska Department of Transportation. 907-382-9909
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available at the main entrance to The Hotel Alyeska. Self parking is also available.
A word from Seven Glaciers
Seven Glaciers is Alyeska Resort’s AAA Four Diamond award winning mountain-top restaurant. Offering signature Alaskan entrees in an elegant atmosphere, the Seven Glaciers experience is extraordinary from start to finish. Your journey begins with a scenic aerial tram ride that takes you high above The Hotel Alyeska to 2,300 feet above sea level. From this mountain-top perch, Seven Glaciers is surrounded by nature from every direction. This means that every table features panoramic glacier and water views. Chef Jason Porter carefully crafts the Seven Glaciers' menus with an emphasis on locally available produce, seafood and game. With an attention to detail and a flair for the unexpected, Chef Porter presents delectable Alaskan favorites with his own personal touch. Seven Glaciers boasts an award winning wine list and full bar to perfectly complement your meal. Please leave room for dessert--the Baked Alyeska cannot be missed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Seven Glaciers - Best Restaurants in Girdwood ›
Seven Glaciers reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (175)special occasion (151)romantic (131)notable wine list (99)fit for foodies (76)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Tiny portions, high prices, awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014view...................................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I decided to go here for our two-year anniversary and we couldn't have been more pleased with our exceptional experience! The food was amazing, the service was the best we'd ever had, and the view was gorgeous! I would highly recommend Seven Glaciers, especially if you are looking for a romantic place to dine for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Mixed SuccessEyeOnAlaskaDined on 8/29/2014Dinner with another couple from out of state. Kind of hit or miss on the food, some was incredibly good, some just very average. Service was quite honesty, pretty poor. Twice our server forgot items we had ordered, and another server spilled gravy on my wifes coat. Their response was to bring some wet-wipes. King Crab cakes were bland. Everything else pretty good. A good wine list with surprisingly reasonable prices. Giant plates for smaller portions. You're definitely paying for the location and unique experience. We probably won't go back.Special Features:
- UnforgettableSuzieDined on 8/28/2014Thanks for an amazing dinner. I will never forget it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014The filet mignon is the best steak of my life...love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny Dancer came to AlaskaAKRICODined on 8/24/2014After not having dined here in 6 yrs, decided to impress a very special someone who recently reunited after 30yrs. Experience was nothing less than expected. Started with half dozen Halibut Cove Oysters, never disappointed by Kachrnak Bay shellfish, fantastic. Followed a pre dinner martini with an '06 Renwood Vine Zinfandel from my library. The $25 cork fee was worthy, the California only varietal was mature for the occasion. Dinner selection consisted of a tasting of salad/entrees featuring mushrooms from various regions, following the 'Fungus Festival'. Servings reasonable, with the final entree 4oz filet being more like 7oz. The blueberry-raspberry custard topped dessert was delightful. Impressed she was, evening's finish, EPIC.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seven GlaciersThetruthDined on 8/19/2014Wait staff is a little too young and inexperienced for a fine restaurant. Food was very well prepared. Portions small but adequate. Wait moderately long. Wine over-priced and unavailable to sample, then out of stock when we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menuCindyVIPDined on 8/16/2014The portions of food and wine were larger than many places and very tasty. View is outstanding. Expensive, but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Views!!elmosalohaDined on 8/15/2014The Seven Glaciers is the high end restaurant at the Alyeska Hotel. The menu is limited but every item is wonderfully prepared and very delicious, even the desserts!!! If you're in the area or at the hotel, you must visit this restaurant, it's a unique place with a million dollar view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bbaum99Dined on 8/15/2014The experience of taking the tram to the top and viewing the valleys below from the table was breathtaking. This restaurant is great for people who have money and do not have kids. The restaurant is quiet and the people aren't distracted by their electronics! The food is a little expensive. 2 steaks, a potato dish, two salads, 2 coffees, 2 rootbeers, 4 desserts, crab, and a glass of cheap wine totaled to about $400. Exceptional service when you first come in. I would dress between a nice (not holy) jean and a button up shirt or a suit. For girls, a nice pair of jeans and a nice shirt or a cocktail dress and heels. Great for locals or tourists! Make sure to bring a jacket, it can get a little chilly! Have fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food was very good but two of the orders were not cooked to the specifications of the order. Steaks were ordered medium well and served rareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeSluggerDined on 8/13/2014The food was fabulous. Waiter was extremely friendly. View was breathtaking.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsNWILgalDined on 8/13/2014Considering that the tram ride is included with your dinner reservation, everyone in our group considered dinner at Seven Glaciers to be a bargain. The food and service was outstanding. The "foodie" in our group was impressed; she said she'd never had better salmon. Since all five of us chose the salmon as our entree, I can't speak to any other dish, but all of us were very happy with what we were served. Orders included levels of doneness from "rare" to "medium well", and no one was disappointed. We've rarely found that to be the case. We received good advice about wine and appetizers, and we loved the changing view. Our table had windows on three sides, and the clouds and rain that evening enthralled us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Food is not that memorable, but the view makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic view!kikosdiningDined on 8/8/2014Seven Glaciers is a wonderful restaurant; food was superb, wine fantastic, service was great but the best part of the experience was the tram ride up to the restaurant and the views from the top! A bit on the pricey side but this is one of those places where you can truly say "that you get what you pay for"!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationbdayfunDined on 8/8/2014It was a birthday celebration and it was amazing. The position is stunning, the food was beautifully presented and enjoyable. Service was excellent, and the manager went out of his way to make the occasion memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth repeatingeatingwellDined on 8/4/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Seven Glaciers on a cold, rainy summer night. The evening was lovely in every respect in spite of the weather. The mountain views, both from the tram and the restaurant, were breathtaking, the service was warm yet unobtrusive, and the food was delicious and well-timed. (The bisque was particularly outstanding.) We've decided to dine here on all of our future anniversaries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The drive out to Alyeska, the ride up the tram, the restaurant,and the views are all noteworthy of what Alaska is all about. I would definitely do it as a special occassion as the setting and food fare are not for budget conscious visitors. It was a great time with friends from different parts of the lower 48 and we enjoyed the entire experience. Something I would do againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotmrodriguakDined on 8/4/2014Great food and service, worth the drive from Anchorage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful all aroundbuckeyefoodieDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here and what a wonderful evening we had. The tram ride up to the restaurant and then the breath-taking views were just the start to a memorable night. The staff was very accommodating, pleasant and knowledgeable. From the start with my wine and my husbands mojito to the cheese plate(loved the lavender encrusted cheese) to the main course(filet and strip steak) and ending with dessert(gluten free), words do not do the food justice---simply excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placefrqttrvlr09Dined on 8/3/2014Our reservations were for the first seating, and it was a beautiful sunny evening. Unfortunately, we were seated right beneath a speaker, and the music was very loud and annoying, a type of music not appropriate for high class dining with such a view (jazz, opera). My dinner companion wears a hearing aid, so this loud noise exacerbated our ability to communicate. Fortunately, the waiters, who agreed with our assessment, turned the sound way down and also changed the type of music. That done, we ordered wine, a salad, dinner and were very pleased with all of our choices. The choices for all of the courses are creative preparations of popular main dishes (beef, fish, etc), acccompaniments, and desserts. The fish was perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the view return for the foodWilltravelforfoodDined on 8/2/2014Amazing views from the bar and restaurant. We went for the views but were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. We both ordered the salmon, which was served on a bed of pea purée - one of the best salmon meals I have had (and I lived in Vancouver for 10 years! ). Service was good. Would definitely return given the opportunity. I would also note that it is only about a 40 minute drive from anchorage and definitely worth the drive.Special Features:
- Jay13Dined on 8/2/2014Great service! The staff was great and the food was amazing! My second time dining at seven glaciers and it was just as good as my first time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seven GlaicersEBS123Dined on 8/2/2014The reservations were quite accommodating and the experience was outstanding. The time spent dining was a relaxed 2+ hours.Special Features:
- 6th Anniversary Dinnerhoneymooners4evrDined on 8/1/2014Our first anniversary dinner was at Seven Glaciers was spectacular. Our 6th Anniversary dinner was just as wonderful. We'd had a late seating for 4 at 8:45. The table was ready, the server attentive and helpful. We were given the choice of having our dinner in courses or served all at once which was a nice option. The dinner was fabulous. Perfectly medium rare beef, exquisite scallop bisque. The men wished for larger portions but the ladies were very happy with the servings. We will visit more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/1/2014Celebrated our 10year anniversary here and had a great dinner, good service and amazing view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40 th anniversary specialKilowattDined on 8/1/2014This was a very nice evening out, we enjoyed the spectacular mountain range and glaciers views Also found the challenging bike riders trips down the mountain very fascinating .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!JpartyDined on 7/31/2014Excellent food and service!!! Enjoyed every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PROMOTION CELEBRATIONDover2785Dined on 7/31/2014My daughter and I celebrated her USAF promotion at Seven Glaciers. Excellent service, very interesting specials and terrific views accompanied by exquisitely prepared dishes. The Bisque soup is not to be missed.Special Features:
- Alyeska 7 Glaciers July 14sautesamDined on 7/28/2014Our July visit to the 7 Glaciers restaurant was excellent. The food , service and a table up over the clouds viewing the mountain tops and glaciers was a special night. You can pay $576 for a bottle of wine but we found an excellent chardonnay for $36. The tab is about $100 per person having the full monty. PS ..try the rockfish....the last ride down on the tram is 11:30pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, slow inattentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014We are locals and have enjoyed Seven Glaciers many times over the years. Food was good, but the customer service not so. I made my reservation by email, mentioned it was for a birthday, but this did not translate to any special greeting on arrival or décor at the table. Each course arrived painfully slowly - bread came well after appeteizer were already served; sparkling wine was whisked away to chill (rather than at our table) and we had to wait for each refill. Birthday girl was finally aknowledged after I made a comment but desert had already been ordered. But of course, nothing can beat the view and the ambience. Cusotmer service is what makesa a good restaurant great - and it was not great last Sunday!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceWakoakiakhakDined on 7/27/2014Our experience began with a complimentary tram ride up to the mountaintop restaurant. We enjoyed the chef's taster 5 course meal and opted for the wine pairings provided. Everything was amazing with each course providing something new and different from poached halibut to braised duck breast to steak filet. The chef crafted a perfect evening of delights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at a High LevelConradSeattleDined on 7/26/2014We were fortunate to have a clear evening and could see for miles and miles. The staff was very professional and the dining entrees were fabulous: one of the best filet mignon dinners ever. Very nice wine list and yummy desserts too.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and viewFoodexplorerDined on 7/26/2014Fantastic food and view, great service, also a romantic locationSpecial Features:
- Palette pleasing appetizersShe39864Dined on 7/24/2014My fiancé and I are on a tight budget but like to treat ourselves occasionally. Seven Glaciers was the perfect place to do that because the food was delicious and the price was affordable! We were only able to purchase appetizers and the portions were perfect. The dessert was phenomenal! Our waiter was friendly, respectful, and efficient. The embiance was romantic and the view was spectacular! I would recommend this to anyone looking to treat themselves to a fine dining experience on a budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem on the peninsulaKenai11Dined on 7/23/2014A restaurant that rivals many fine dining experiences in big citiesSpecial Features:
- Great ViewsuesDined on 7/22/2014The view was great. The table by the tram cables was a little annoying. We couldn't get in our first night stay as they were booked. I wish the concierge would have told us to make reservations before we arrived. The chef's 5 course recommendation wasn't worth the $79. The filet had grizzle. We never got any bread to start as other tables did. The other two dinners were fine.Special Features:
- July 2014JeffRDined on 7/22/2014We had the best steak ever! (New York strip). I had the salad and it was not great, just okay. Wine was great. Dessert was great. This was well worth it! So glad we did it!Special Features:
- Awesome!JoshVIPDined on 7/20/20147 Glaciers is Awesome. What an amazing restaurant and a perfect jewel for southcentral Alaska. Can't wait until the next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view and foodUrsaDinerDined on 7/18/2014The view from Seven Glaciers was gorgeous and the food was even better than that. Nicholas and the server team were truly attentive and helpful. A true 5 star dining experience that is a wonderful treat for the eyes and the palate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.