196 Lenox Avenue
New York, NY 10026Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.settepani.com/
- Phone: 9174924806
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Antonio Settepani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: You can enjoy Settepani Café anywhere with our specialty catering service. From parties to corporate meetings to intimate dinners, Settepani Café can bring you an exceptional meal without any worry for you.
A word from Settepani
Settepani Cafe is a gathering place for great food and conversation. The menu offers a wide variety of salads, sandwiches, pasta dishes and desserts. Enjoy Settepani cafe anywhere when you order through the specialty catering service. Whether it’s an intimate dinner party, a corporate meeting or a gathering with friends, let Settepani Cafe bring you exceptional meals without the worry. For fresh baked bread, delectable pastries, coffee or a meal, Settepani Cafe is the place to go.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Settepani reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great for MeetingsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014The wait staff at Settepani don't bother you mid-sentence like those at other establishments. They also don't rush you off to clear the table. This, combined with a relatively low noise level makes it a perfect place for a meeting.Special Features:
- Did not impress...livetoeatVIPDined on 7/27/2014We were here for brunch and ordered omelets. They had only one type of cheese as an option, the potatoes were not crisp, and no bread was served with them. With so many good brunch spots in the city, this one is not memorable.Special Features:
- Loved it.bellomooreDined on 7/12/2014Lobster risotto was amazing. So was the flour less chocolate cake.Special Features:
- The following 55 reviews are from the Settepani reviews archive.
- PatchDined on 6/20/2014Lovely, friendly restaurant with great service by our server Tanya and delicious food.Special Features:
- MehYumYumSeekerDined on 6/15/2014I respect Settepani's consistent presence in the neighborhood, but our Father's day brunch service was not great. There were only 3 people on the FOH staff, all very nice, but with just 4 tables to cover, I was shocked at how slow and uneven the service was. My father and I got 2 different Egg benedict dishes, and they both came out cold. When trying to get the attention of my server to have the meal heated, she was lost in conversation with another table, so eventually I got bartender instead. My meal included a tea and mimosa, but my tea came about half way after my food arrived. I've had way better experiences for less than $25 a plate, so unless I'm starving and every other spot is packed, I will likely not be returning to Settepani.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2014We had a reservation for 10:00am, when the restaurant opened. They were not ready for us; they were confused about what menus to give us, and the tables were not prepared. We ordered pastries off the menu for an appetizer, and they informed us after our main dishes came out that they had not received the delivery of pastries yet. Food in general was non-remarkable.
- Good ChoiceCJHarris1999Dined on 5/21/2014I enjoyed the quiet dining. Very classy. My only negative is that they brought the bread at the same time as our meal. I would have liked to nibble on the bread before the food came. Nice wine list. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- superbenjoyDined on 5/21/2014Had a wonderful lunch at Settepani. The service was terrific and the food was delicious. Comfortable atmosphere and full bar were appreciated as well. This venue was great for a celebratory lunch and we look forward to returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wanted it to be goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2014I have driven by the restaurant for years but it never seemed to fit into our plans. So we decided to celebrate mother's day there. I am so sad we did. The service was horrific and while the food was decent it could never makeup for the terrible service. The minute we walked in I knew the meal was going to be a disappointment. I tried to put a good spin on the event and everyone in our party was easy going but no one enjoyed dinner. Their were moments when I thought things would improve but the restaurant lacked good management and attention to detail.
- Nice place for a dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/7/2014Was going to The Apollo Theater and this was perfect. The food was very good and the menu choices adequate. Full bar and a very nice and sweet hostess with excellent hosting skills. Waitress was a bit off and distracted so the hostess played backup as they knew we had theater to and needed to get out on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fish soupStebbingsVIPDined on 5/2/2014Fish soup was outstanding......................................................................................................Special Features:
- Neighborhood favMrChuyVIPDined on 4/26/2014Don't let the quiet crowd put you off. This is a delightful low-key Italian place that hits all the right notes in what ends up being authentic Italian fashion--great bread and olive oil, perfect seasoning, and solid handling of antipasti, primi, and secondi. The cocktails are both generous and well-made. Try it once and you'll be back.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood GemLivCloseByVIPDined on 4/20/2014I always like going to Settepani. They pioneered nice dining in Harlem and they consistently provide good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and servicecolumbiagradDined on 4/10/2014I had one of the best spaghetti bolognese of my life, with great people to serve and in this day there was a great singer.Special Features:
- Great food, great musicFatboyDined on 3/27/2014Italian food was delicious and a very good band called "Red Sahara" played great covers unplegged. It was awsome !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian that could do betterUdonDined on 3/24/2014With just warm plates and a bit more attention to the food this restaurant could be much betterSpecial Features:
- Very goodspiderguyVIPDined on 3/22/2014Went here for the first time the other day -- very good lamb meatballs, a little disappointed that the rabbit dish on the online menu wasn't available, but the Frutta di Mare I got was both excellent and inexpensive, compared to other restaurants. The table behind us was very loud -- they were obviously having a big celebration -- but this was hardly the restaurant's fault. Overall, a great dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDCS51Dined on 3/21/2014always great, food, atmosphere, service & drinks -greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a RestaurantbilllDined on 3/14/2014One word to describe the food here: vibrant. We found this gem thanks to the 2014 Michelin Guide and plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DinnerRojoDined on 2/14/2014Had a quiet Valentine's Day Dinner there with my sweetie. The Prix Fixe special was delicious and affordable. All the selections were really tasty, even had my boyfriend wanting seconds, which is rare since he is a picky and conservative eater. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. They had a great jazz singer there that night, which made the mood perfect. I really enjoyed this restaurant and look forward to eating there again.Special Features:
- Great Valentine's Day ExperienceDontnvme2Dined on 2/14/2014Despite the many great restaurants out where we live on Long Island, my wife wanted to dine here after reading some great reviews. I do have to admit that it was an enjoyable experience despite having a waiter who was pretty lousy; it took him forever to take our order even though the place was pretty empty when we arrived. I also had to signal to him when we were ready to order dessert. Despite this, we enjoyed the food and the jazz trio who performed that night. It was a very nice touch on Valentine's Day! Our meal was very good and my wife enjoyed the two drinks she ordered. We were seated promptly even though we arrived well ahead of our reserved time. I would recommend this restaurant to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayMarshaDined on 2/14/2014It was an absolutely wonderful Valentine's Day dining experience at Settepani. The ambience, food and service was top-notch; and having the owner stop by to wish my partner and I a Happy Valentine's Day was very thoughtful. Also, the smooth live band serenading the patrons with love songs was a very nice tough. I highly recommend this restaurant. A truly romantic evening.Special Features:
- Once again terrificStebbingsVIPDined on 2/9/2014Enjoyed a delightful brunch/lunch and found that this charming spot has regained its past charm and glory. Enjoyed a nice chat with its delightful co-owner Nino.Special Features:
- Good for the neighborhoodkzl1973Dined on 1/12/2014Good food. Not the best, but good for the limited area restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great desertsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2013The food was traditional Italian with a twist. The fish was fresh and prepared with a light sauce of mixed shell fish.. My favorite was the zabaglione cotto. One of my favorite deserTs which is hard to find in most Italian eateriesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusicmanMusicmanDined on 10/24/2013Very nice experience. They had mellow live music that added to the evening without overpowering conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotEllieVIPDined on 10/20/2013Delicious brunch with lots of unique options. Fun place to go with excellent service.Special Features:
- The ambiance was nice, andMarjorieDined on 9/14/2013The ambiance was nice, and a relaxed atmosphere. The waiter was very friendly. The brunch was excellent. It was nice to spend time with friends family in a nice and not too overcrowded or noisy restaurant. It was just perfect. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Settepani wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2013The food at Settepani was very good. It was interesting and different; which is what I look for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian in HarlemyogaannVIPDined on 7/26/2013We ate at Settepani after Shakespeare at Marcus Garvey Park. They didn't offer a discount like many of nearby restaurants did, but it was close so we went anyway. The food was adequate, it was a beautiful night to eat outside, and if we were in the hood again, we would probably go back.Special Features:
- Friday nightchowtimeVIPDined on 7/12/2013The food was REALLY good. The service was mediocre. The wine pours were stingy. The prices were like WV, UES, or any other high end neighborhood. I recommend the place based on the food, and the ambience is pretty nice, but they could have scored much higher with more alert service, being more generous with the wine, and don't charge $16 for an appetizer I could get in midtown for $13.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2013The food was underwhelming and not a good value at all. We had high hopes that this would be a Harlem gem. The ambiance was nice but the meal was a disappointment. Visit nearby La Corsa for much better pasta, bigger portions and better values.
- Settepani diningjackdocDined on 6/10/2013The menu was surprisingly (to me) varied and the dishes were cooked as ordered. My order of Tuna Carpaccio followed by lamb chops was excellent and the others were equally satisfied. (We were ten). I recommend this restaurant. Very easy to get there with the #2 or #3 train.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood DiamondOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/31/2013Settepani is a true neighborhood gem. My daughter and I dine there fairly regularly. The food is really good and consistent. The service is warm, friendly and attentive. Harlem has seen a crop of restaurants open up but Settepani is still our favorite. The interior has been redesigned and is stylish and comfortable. The patio is still a terrific place to eat outdoors. We absolutely love this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They took great care of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2013They took great care of our large group. The food was delicious and the service was fast and courteous. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think the problem was Mother'ssenoritaVIPDined on 5/12/2013I think the problem was Mother's Day - they didn't have the usual menu so the selection wasn't so diverse and we both found our food so unsatisfactory that we went out and had a light dinner after the concert - the food tasted as if it had been cooked long in advance and left to dry until someone came to eat it - I had the frittata with artichoke and goat cheese which tasted like neither - was very heavy and dry - and my friend was not wild about her shaken eggs - the service was very pleasant - the atmosphere was quite delightful - it was a gorgeous day though there were no tables outside but unfortunately I couldn't recommend it - the included Rossini's tasted sort of like grape juiceSpecial Features:
- Good Food but Service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2013This restaurant is an interesting little neighborhood cafe with a fairly broad menu of Sicilian items that weresurprisingly well prepared albeit a bit overpriced for the neighborhood. The ambiance and decor are lacking but the service was fair. The surrounding neighborhood a bit sketchy and limited safe parking options.Special Features:
- Fair food, nothing excitingShabVIPDined on 4/20/2013Based on the good reviews, I was expecting really good food. The food was fair, the prices a bit much. While nothing was terrible, there also was nothing excellent either. It may be a good option for the neighborhood, but having commuted uptown to try this place, I was totally let down.
- Settepani beats Red RoosterBeej1000VIPDined on 4/15/2013A bright spot in a neighborhood that still doesn't have much in the way of upscale dining. Not much atmosphere, but the service is attentive and the food universally good. Portions of both appetizers and entrees were well-sized - appetizers were, in fact, appetizing, and left room for main courses. Two fish dishes and one chicken were all prepared. Wine list is small, and they were out of my first choice, but suggested a nice and slightly cheaper alternative. If I am in the neighborhood and have to choose between Settepani and Red Rooster, I'm going back to Settepani.Special Features:
- Nice find in the neighborhood.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/7/2013Nice find in the neighborhood. Street parking on a Sunday night was easy. Service was pleasant and attentive. Menu was diverse and appealing. Openers were ok and my salad was not particularly inspired but the stars came out when the entrees arrived. Our table of four demolished their respective mains with relish. Desserts were disappointing as obvious not from the kitchen. We immensely enjoyed the jazz guitar duo that evening. The entrees were the stars and for that a recommendation.Special Features: