7 Mine Brook Rd.
Bernardsville, NJ 07924Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.settenj.com/
- Phone: 9085025054x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: Open for Private Events,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Allan Philip Russo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: Be a guest at your own event by utilizing Sette Caterers. With a complete catering staff available and unique catering packages, inquire about our off premise catering.
- Private Party Facilities: We invite you to make your private events truly unique in Sette's intimate dining room. We will work with you to create an unforgettable evening of delightful dining in an elegant atmosphere. Private functions to guests are available throughout the week, Saturday & Sunday afternoons.
- Private Party Contact: Allan Russo 9085025054x
A word from Sette
Executive Chef Allan Philip Russo's restaurant Sette resides in prestigious countryside Bernardsville, New Jersey. An awarded recipient to "Best Chefs America" for years 2013 and 2014, Russo welcomes guests to his "Elegant Tuscan" dining room while delivering European hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sette reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (35)romantic (32)good for groups (7)hot spot (5)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We continue to return to Sette as it is special for both of us. Although familiar with the area we had not dined there until a few months ago. The setting is quaint and beautiful, staff always very pleasant and accommodating. Food is extra delicious. Can't say enough about how much we enjoy Sette.Special Features:
- Yummy as usual!luvagoodmealVIPDined on 10/25/2014We had the lamb loin special. Delicious! Salad,dessert,appetizer everything was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated and ComfortableameliasgrandmaVIPDined on 10/24/2014This gem in Bernardsville is quite small, less than a dozen tables, with top-notch quality and gracious service. Each dish we had was expertly prepared, and I would bet that all offerings on the small but varied menu were similar in quality. Although the style is Italian, the flavors were varied to suit each dish, and certainly not redolent of garlic. We were pleasantly satisfied after an appetizer and entree each, so we did not order dessert. We were sent home with a small box of biscotti, which were perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatSPatSDined on 10/19/2014Truly lovely family run Italian restaurant. They care and it shows. In my opinion, they do an outstanding job with the fish entrees and their pastas are devine. Service is excellent as the owner himself goes table to table to make sure his guests are well taken care of. It is a small intimate restaurant. Saw somrone get engage there once. It is BYOB which is a nice bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014Went out for a romantic date-night with my wife. The food is simply 'out-of-this-world' and the service is tremendous. Very romantic atmosphere. A+ across the board. Fantastic!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/9/2014The food, service and attention to detal are outstanding. We had a delicious meal at a lovely table. The owner introduced himself and thanked us for coming. Very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, quaint atmospheresandyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great food and very personal professional service. Small intimated space not too crowded but can get a little loud. We enjoyed our meal and time at Sette. Perfect for dinner and a movie.Special Features:
- Excellent!!TrishDined on 10/1/2014Sette is a gem! Alan is a wonderful owner/chef who makes you feel special and well taken care of. The food is excellent as us the service. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lteatDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner in a lovely neighborhood spot with beautiful details, fine linens, glasses, and atmosphere. Its a small space, but with a table near the window it was a lovely experience. The bruchetta signature dish is a must, crispy, yet soft bread with garlic, beautifully roasted tomatoes and just the right touch of fresh basil. Worth the trip on its own! The gnocchi is also fantastic with a sage butter sauce. We will return for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrifDined on 9/27/2014The food was very good and the service was also very good. We have been here many times and it never disappoints. All the dishes are consistent. His special of ravioli was terrific as was his pork loin specialSpecial Features:
- Wonderful!!!FroedeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Fantastic find, combining the best of wonderful Tuscan flavors with Swiss precision and focus on details. We will certainly be back!Special Features:
- Thanks for the RecomendationTonyDined on 9/20/2014Dining at Sette is always a enjoyable experience, great food great service and a feeling your among friends. On my last visit, friends, to whom I recommended Sette to some months previous were there and having a wonderful time, a thank you for the recommendation text was a compliment to Chef Russo and to myself, it is now one of their favorites. Try Sette for yourself you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at SetteLove2eatDined on 9/20/2014We met friends at this restaurant for a Saturday night dinner. Even though we arrived early for our reservation, our table was ready. The owner immediately came over, introduced himself & thanked us for coming. He came back as soon as our friends arrived & introduced himself to them as well. He explained the specials to us & gave us ample time to peruse the menu. When taking our order, he offered suggestions & inquired about food allergies. The food was wonderful from the appetizer to the dessert. Service was very attentive; wine & water glasses never remained empty for long & we were no ever rushed, even well after our dessert was finished. I definitely recommend Sette if you are looking for good food & a relaxing yet elegant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was deliciousluvagoodmealVIPDined on 9/20/2014Excellent chef, specials were the best. Looking forward to going back. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Baccus Delightcpt27nycDined on 9/14/2014Small, intimate, casual and delightful eating experience is what awaits you at Sette. Great food preparation greets your palate!Special Features:
- Always GreatBobGDined on 9/5/2014I have been to Sette several times and always enjoy the experience. The menu changes regularly and includes interesting items. Prices are not high and since it is a BYOB you don't spend a lot on wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Local Italian RestaurantClaretDined on 8/29/2014Sette is an excellent restaurant. It is small and intimate with a wonderful atmosphere. It feels like a genuine Italian restaurant. The menu is superb with a wide variety of real Italian dishes from different parts of the country. Every course I had was delicious and interesting. Seating is limited so I recommend making a reservation and remember it's BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014A very attractive space. The cuisine departs from the run-of-the-mill fare you find at most Italian restaurants. At its best, it is exceptional. On occasion, some dishes could use a bit more seasoning. Definitely worth going.Special Features:
- Attention to detailbropaulDined on 8/28/2014Sette is a small restaurant with an interesting mixture of dishes from different regions of Italy. The food is very good and well prepared. I started with a bruschetta of tomato, basil and parmigiano, which was outstanding since we're at the height of tomato season. Then I had an appetizer special of prosciutto, figs & ricotta salata, the perfect marriage of sweet and salty. I followed with the rigatoni all'amatriciana, which I enjoyed thoroughly, though I suspect it was made with bacon and not pancetta or guanciale. What I particularly appreciated was the attention to detail - crisp linen, silverware with heft, good glasses and attentive service. All in all, a lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SetteLeeRDined on 8/23/2014Tremendous food and service. Allan does a great job of making sure that everything is perfect. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrifDined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent and the owner was on top of everything from seating to checking that everything from you r table to your food was want you wanted. Very nice quiet small restaurant. We have been there several timesSpecial Features:
- Delicious!shopgirl24VIPDined on 8/20/2014The food and service were great. Had the braised short ribs, and the meat fell off the bone- really good. Buratta salad for starters was delicious. Will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday DinnerwineanddineVIPDined on 8/18/2014I could not have wished for a better dinner. The two specials of the evening, starter and entree (pork tenederloin) were outstanding. There are only 3 BYOB Italian restaurants that I can consider truely outstanding (2 in Somerset and 1 in Mercer). Dozens that I've tried are good or very good, but this is one of the very special restaurants..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bernardsville secretBebeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Very nice. Good food. Great staff. We really enjoyed our meal at this adorable byo restaurant.Special Features:
- Awesome dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Our evening was perfect from food to service to ambiance. We love Sette and feel lucky it is so close !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffSVIPDined on 8/4/2014Another wonderful experience at the gem of a restaurant. Very solicitous, custom prepared for and a great dining expedience.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014Chef owner is very attentive, makes you feel at ease and is always looking to make sure you have everything you want. Great place for a BYOB. W I'll be returning soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DiinerPisces72Dined on 7/24/2014Had dinner with 4 high school friends- selected restaurant because it was midway for us and BYO. We had a great meal (loved fig appetizer)- and I will return with my husband now!Special Features:
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014Amazing food, and a cozy intimate vibe. Just loved it and can't wait to go back. The owner is engaged with the customers and really cares about his customers' experience. Few tables, which I think adds to the special and unique ambience.Special Features:
- Simply WonderfulTonyDined on 7/19/2014Chef Alan Russo's pedigree is evident from your first step into his beautifully appointed intimate dinning room. A warm greeting hints at the attentive but not fussy service that will accompany your fantastic meal. To make a suggestion of the menu choices is to suggest one first and one last, when all are simple ingredient dishes expertly prepared and presented wonderfully. A chef's tasting menu would be a great choice! One thing you won't find on Sette's menu is disappointment. As for Chef Alan's pedigree; ask him when you visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrifDined on 7/19/2014Food is excellent, service is just as good. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian Restaurantasdf1234Dined on 7/15/2014The menu had lots of interesting and intriguing options. Most of the dishes were very good but not quite spectacular. They all seemed to be missing just some special spark that would have really made them standout dishes. The service was attentive but the courses were slow in coming out. There were just two of us and it took two hours for 3 courses. I'm fine with a leisurely meal but only when I'm the one eating slowly to force that pace. We both finished each course fairly quickly and then had a long wait for the next. Sometimes you want a good meal but you don't want to hang around all night. All in all it was an enjoyable evening with good food, even with a very loud table right next to us which was amplified in the small space.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and BYOB in BernardsvillemakeitrightDined on 7/3/2014My husband and I recently celebrated out anniversary at Sette (Italian for the number 7). The owner greeted us at the door, gave good advice and obviously cares a great deal about the quality of the food. Our appetizers were relish and the lamb tenderloin was delicious and very tender. The creme brûlée was very rich and we did not go home hungry. I understand it can be hard to get a reservation here, so I am glad that we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodFoodieManDined on 7/2/2014We really enjoy Sette. Alan Russo, the chef-owner is on hand to make sure the meal meets expectations. He will even prepare special dishes upon request. All of his selections show the care taken to offer high quality, well seasoned and delicious dishes to his guests. His gnocchi is "to die for". All ingredients are brought in each day so they are the freshest possible. The restaurant is small with seating for only about 30 people, so it is sometimes hard to get a reservation on a weekend night. The restaurant is right next door to the Bernardsville Cinema so it is well situated for the "dinner and a movie" crowd. Don't miss the opportunity to savor what Sette has to offer. Once you try it you will become a regular I'm sure!Special Features:
- The following 157 reviews are from the Sette reviews archive.
- DunwalkeVIPDined on 6/23/2014Sette is a wonderful, small, intimate venue. The food is exquisite. One can enjoy a delicious meal with friends and one's own wine without any pressure from the waiters.Special Features:
- Great food, great service.DLovesDiningDined on 6/21/2014We have always had great food at this BYOB. The food is so fresh and flavorful. This is a great spot for a nice night with your sweetie or for a double date. Must reserve a table in advance. Well worth a visit again and again.Special Features:
- ireland1Dined on 6/18/2014Sette is always consistently excellent....the freshness of the food, the execution and the presentation and the ambiance! A pleasure4 to dine there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Date NightDateNighterDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I just had a baby so this was our first nice dinner out by ourselves in a long time. It did not disappoint. The food was excellent. The Exec Chef was actually waiting tables which was really nice to see. The portions were just the right size so you actually enjoy the food and don't leave the restaurant stuffed. The menu has some great items on it, but the specials were too good to pass up. Would go again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming intimate boiteCfw1VIPDined on 6/6/2014We were immediately put at ease by the staf as we waited for a family member to show up. We were offered our table and the waiter was over right away. The bread was delicious and hot with gourmet butter. Everyone enjoyed their entrees as well. How nice to have such a good place be BYOB so you can get a great wine at retail without a markup. It helps your dining dollar go further although Sette is full (and appropriately) priced. Best of luck to this owner/chef. His gnocchi are to die for.Special Features:
- hacker2VIPDined on 5/31/2014My wife loved her pasta and qiche appetizer. The salad I had not was average not worth $11. The fettuccine and shrimp was just OK. Not what I expected. Next time I will try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.