6241 N. Federal Hwy
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://settebellofla.com/
- Phone: 9543510505x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Wednesday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Franco Filippone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Sette Bello
Franco Filippone, owner and Chef of Sette Bello Ristorante, started his career in the restaurant business at the side of his father, after the family emigrated from Palermo, Sicily to open their now historic restaurant in upstate New York. After a long apprenticeship in the family restaurant, Franco relocated to Fort Lauderdale, where he applied his culinary skills at such world class restaurants as The Addison in Boca Raton, Cafe D’ Angelo and the much lauded Casa d’ Angelo in Fort Lauderdale. Now he brings all his many cooking talents to his charming new restaurant, delivering new twists on classic Italian dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sette Bello - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Sette Bello reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (32)romantic (28)special occasion (25)notable wine list (14)good for groups (8)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- RecommendedKimberlyVIPDined on 10/24/2014If you like good italian food check this place out. I brought my boyfriend who is from San Remo and he loved it too. We just went for the 3rd time. Items I tried and recommend - Apps: Burrata, Zucchini Flower (app), Fritto Misto Entrees: Chicken Scarpariello, Linguine with Clams, Bucatini Amatriciana. Good service, and kind older man runs the front! Very sweet! Sometimes the chef comes out to the table which is a big plus in my book! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special nightoffthebeatenpathdinerDined on 10/18/2014First time there, was very impressed with the wine list, the selections of specials, and our dining experience was very nice. Food was great along with the service. even down to the maitre'd extraordinaire Joe, would definitely come back and highly recommend to a select few that know good food. Not many restaurants have and know how to make zucchini flowers and they did have them as a special and were fantastic, well done....Special Features:
- MUCH BETTER THIS TIME1HillsboroBeachVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant. The first time we went the food was great, but unfortunately the waiter wasn't. That left a bad taste in our mouths. We decided to give this gem another shot and we are so glad we did. The service was much better, and the food was consistently good. The meatball and eggplant appetizer was delish! And the double cut lamb chop special was excellent. Looking forward to our next reservation.Special Features:
- Divine!MichaelDined on 10/11/2014The food is exquisite! Best Italian food around! Friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I triedFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014We visit Ft. Lauderdale 4-5 times a year and saw this restaurant but never tried as it was in a small strip mall. Decided to try since it was close and wow! Packed at 7:30 on a Saturday. Great veal marsala, great snapper, great risotto. We will eat there every time we are in the area.Special Features:
- I approoveJean007Dined on 10/9/2014Very good and good ambiance ,,, vraiment excellent une belle surprise nous recommandons ce restaurantSpecial Features:
- Delious!NancyDined on 10/8/2014Have dined at Sette Bello 3 times now. The food was delious and consistent. Definitely a favorite and must go to when visiting the Fort Lauderdale area. My only constructive comment is that there are too many specials not to have them written down for the customer.Special Features:
- Real Italian menumangiatimeDined on 9/28/2014Sette Bello is a great little restaurant. Hostess was very attentive and the waiter was knowledgeable. Appetizers were outstanding. Main course was really good. We had a small problem with one of dishes ( too salty) and they didn't charge us for it without us even asking. Great dessert as well. a really good wine list.Special Features:
- RickGRickGDined on 9/20/2014What a nice find. I searched Open Table for something new and found Sette Bello. I've passed it hundreds of times and didn't know it was there. Everything was great. I will definitely go back. Food was delicious!Special Features:
- Bob and Michele at Sette BelloOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I dined at Sette Bello for the first time last night. The meatball app was delicious. Highly recommend it. The Vongole vino bianco was just like my dad used to make. Loved it. But the highlight was the Lamb. It was OUTSTANDING. We met Franco Fillippone, the owner/chef. Very friendly. This restaurant will be on our favorite list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something's Changed...GastronomeDined on 9/16/2014We ate at Sette Bellow about a year ago when we were in town, and then again on this occasion. The waitress was new but helpful, we found a new Merlot to love, and the calamari appetizer was nicely done. However, the lobster and shrimp in our $42 entrees were overcooked and salty, and the pappardelle pasta was not as tender as fresh made pasta, which we had expected - or at least hoped for. So I'm forced to give it a fair, though I would like to have scored it higher.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The menu did not include a specials page,instead the waiter recited a long list. I stopped following after the first two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseBilltDined on 9/11/2014First time was a gem. Good food, wine and service. We will recommend to friends and return.Special Features:
- Very NiceMiguelDined on 8/17/2014Had never been there. Very nice food. Had a wonderful Barbera and the whole price was quite reasonable. Had a Fettuccini Bognesa as a first course and a nice Veal Milanese for the second course. Nice apple dessert too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ItalianMichaelDined on 8/9/2014Absolutely delicious meal! Fresh and hearty italian food to make your taste buds sing. Great service and caring people. My new favorite!Special Features:
- moonfamilyDined on 8/1/2014outstanding food experience. By word of mouth this restaurant was recommended. The service was out of this world and the food was outstanding. A real diamondSpecial Features:
- CmficVIPDined on 7/31/2014food great!!!!!!!!!!!!! service better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Bevan is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian in South FloridaNicoleDined on 7/30/2014We enjoy Sette Bello. I did miss the older gentleman that usually greets us, he is so kind. I do have to say it is always warm in this restaurant, they should raise the air or get a larger system to cool off this restaurant. Love the food, the chef is great. Always EXCELLENT, never a bad meal We will be back againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Debbie & Tom HoffmanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Awesome place to eat. Totally Totally would recommend. Awesome place to eat. Totally Totally would recommend. If I could make one change - it would be to print the specials (even if they change daily) with the prices included. Your specials are awesome, but by the time the server gets to the third dish-the guest has "zoned out" in confusion. Then there is so many (which also is good) but you hate to ask the server to repeat or to run get the price, so you just go back to the regular menue and order what you know. I think people would definitely select the specials if they had the time to study them. Just my opinion. You are doing a fantastic job ! Food is out of this world.Special Features:
- A great restaurant!!TimcDined on 7/25/2014The specials are a little pricey but exceptionally good. The grilled calamari steak over greens with olive oil and lemon was an excellent appetizer. The frutti di mare was amazing - served over linguine with clams, salmon and a huge lobster tail. The snapper livornese was also excellent - even the side of pasta was delicious. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable regarding the menu and wines. First class tiramisu for dessert. There are many more moderately priced items on the regular menu which, based on our dinners, we imagine are also of the highest quality. A great restaurant!!Special Features:
- 2 for 2 - Great ExperienceSeanVIPDined on 7/16/2014This was our 2nd visit to the restaurant and again, it was fantastic. Great food, great service, amazing specials.....Definitely will be back.. Thoroughly enjoyed itSpecial Features:
- MavenVIPDined on 7/13/2014We always enjoy going to sette bello. They are most accommodating. We took people on a Gluten Free diet and they made the dishes to order. Everyone enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- I dont post reviews oftenfuzzyVIPDined on 7/11/2014in fact, I have used Open Table close to 100 times and I only post when we discover something really good...or really bad. This place fits into the former. Certainly a neighborhood type of restaurant. If we lived close we would be here once a week. I consider restaurants like this where it is filled with locals (whom always know the best places) to be our favorites. I think we were the only people there who wasn't personal friends with everyone who worked there. Service was outstanding, food was better. Pricing was fair not cheap but certainly not expensive. I wish they served more than beer and wine but that is about the only negative I can come up with. This place is certainly worth a try.Special Features:
- very good food, bit priceyneilVIPDined on 7/8/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem. A white table cloth, nice crystal type place with better than average food, better than average recipes and good service. However, it is a bit pricey with too many of the entrees and all of the specials $30 or more. With a salad or appetizer, entree and beverage you are looking at easily $100+ with tax and tip -- which is well beyond what a middle class post-great recession couple wants to spend on a non special occasion dinner. Shame. I would like to go back but simply can not afford it.Special Features:
- Why Setta Bello is excellent!GilJoDined on 7/6/2014The food is wonderful and always inventive. The wait staff are warm, friendly and very accommodating. Love going there - it a delight to eat there.Special Features:
- MickeyDined on 7/5/2014Restaurant is pure perfection, only problem is noise level truly ruins the dinner. Its a very busy restaurant especially on a Saturday night but surely somethng can be done of absorb some of the conversations from other table. Personally l enjoy the quiet while having a beautiful dinner not 100 voices around me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real dealluv2dineVIPDined on 7/5/2014I saw the reviews and everyone rated it 4-5 stars and now I know why. I rate it 5. Great food all around the table. Great service from Bobby. The chef/owner, Franco, is the real deal from Italy. We just returned from Florence, Rome, Amalfi Coast and Venice. Sette Bello will now save me $2900 for air fare to Italy. You must go to this restaurant and say hello to Joe Cadillac who greets you at the door and has been a staple at the best front doors in South Florida for decades. I know him over 25 years and he is the best front man anywhere. Bravo to Sette Bello.Special Features:
- excellentnybornDined on 7/5/2014Outstanding service and quality of food. The sausage and onion appetizer special was delicious. The meatballs tasted like my italian grandfathers! Will come back again and again.Special Features:
- The following 138 reviews are from the Sette Bello reviews archive.
- Delicious as always!!!!!!lovesushiDined on 6/28/2014GREAT food, service , ambiance!!!!! Great place!!!!!!Special Features:
- Favorite ItalianluvfoodDined on 6/23/2014We love coming here for some nice authentic Italian food. They always have amazing specials and we have never ordered from the menu. We love the specials. It is a little bit expensive but they have groupon deals and living social, so we take advantage. Always a great place for a random date night or celebrating special occasions.Special Features:
- Great Dinnerjfs226VIPDined on 6/22/2014Don't let the location influence your dinning experience . GREAT but costly Italian food. Located in a strip center off of US1, a true gem. Fish, meat, pastas all prepared with expertise. Give it a try. Great dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014It is the best restaurants I experienced in South Florida, a hidden Gem! Enjoyable all the way around! Staff was very attentive to our every need and the chef cooked for us like we were his own flesh and blood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Authentic ItalianMrsGDined on 6/21/2014We have lived in the area our entire lives and never gave Sette Bello a chance - shame on us. This is going to be a staple in our places to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Italian!!WilliamVIPDined on 6/21/2014Delicious authentic Italian food and a visit by the Chef to our table!!Special Features:
- Great Italian ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/20/2014Sette Bello is one of the great neighborhood Italian restaurants in Fort Lauderdale. Don't let the strip mall location fool ya, this place puts out some of the best Italian in town. The dining room could be more modern, but we go for the food and service which is very friendly. Chef Franco also makes the effort to visit his guests tableside.Special Features:
- FINALLY! A chef that can cook!!!AwfulVIPDined on 6/18/2014How refreshing to dine at a restaurant doesn't rely on flour, breading and sugar!!!! FRESH REAL FOOD! Kind, accommodating, smiling waitstaff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodsassyDined on 6/14/2014drinks way too expensive- Food outstanding. great meatballs, pear salad, veal piccata and best pasta. No vodka drinks, so only wine. Martinis would help.Special Features:
- mdtrainerDined on 6/14/2014Found the restaurant through Groupon and I am glad we did. Everything was great. The meatball with eggplant app. was terrific as was the chicken parm. Service was excellent. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service exceptional foodJanieVIPDined on 6/4/2014Picked this restaurant to celebrate birthday and was not disappointed. I would list this as one of the top 3 restaurants in Fort Lauderdale. The fish was perfect as well as the meat. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From a NYer's perspectiveNYFoodie646Dined on 5/31/2014Moving to FL about 3 years ago it has been hard finding a good Italian place. ESPECIALLY considering that I come from an Italian neighborhood in NY (Howard Beach). Sette Bello is must. There are 3 things that my husband and I judge good Italian by, 1. Their bruschetta, 2. Their chicken parm and 3. Chicken Marsala - we have had all 3 (#1 comes to all guests) and it was FANTASTIC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.