6241 N. Federal Hwy
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://settebellofla.com/
- Phone: 9543510505x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Wednesday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Franco Filippone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Sette Bello
Franco Filippone, owner and Chef of Sette Bello Ristorante, started his career in the restaurant business at the side of his father, after the family emigrated from Palermo, Sicily to open their now historic restaurant in upstate New York. After a long apprenticeship in the family restaurant, Franco relocated to Fort Lauderdale, where he applied his culinary skills at such world class restaurants as The Addison in Boca Raton, Cafe D’ Angelo and the much lauded Casa d’ Angelo in Fort Lauderdale. Now he brings all his many cooking talents to his charming new restaurant, delivering new twists on classic Italian dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Sette Bello - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Sette Bello reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (39)romantic (37)notable wine list (28)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very NiceMiguelDined on 8/17/2014Had never been there. Very nice food. Had a wonderful Barbera and the whole price was quite reasonable. Had a Fettuccini Bognesa as a first course and a nice Veal Milanese for the second course. Nice apple dessert too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ItalianMichaelDined on 8/9/2014Absolutely delicious meal! Fresh and hearty italian food to make your taste buds sing. Great service and caring people. My new favorite!Special Features:
- moonfamilyDined on 8/1/2014outstanding food experience. By word of mouth this restaurant was recommended. The service was out of this world and the food was outstanding. A real diamondSpecial Features:
- CmficVIPDined on 7/31/2014food great!!!!!!!!!!!!! service better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Bevan is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian in South FloridaNicoleDined on 7/30/2014We enjoy Sette Bello. I did miss the older gentleman that usually greets us, he is so kind. I do have to say it is always warm in this restaurant, they should raise the air or get a larger system to cool off this restaurant. Love the food, the chef is great. Always EXCELLENT, never a bad meal We will be back againI would recommend this to a friend.
- Debbie & Tom HoffmanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Awesome place to eat. Totally Totally would recommend. Awesome place to eat. Totally Totally would recommend. If I could make one change - it would be to print the specials (even if they change daily) with the prices included. Your specials are awesome, but by the time the server gets to the third dish-the guest has "zoned out" in confusion. Then there is so many (which also is good) but you hate to ask the server to repeat or to run get the price, so you just go back to the regular menue and order what you know. I think people would definitely select the specials if they had the time to study them. Just my opinion. You are doing a fantastic job ! Food is out of this world.Special Features:
- A great restaurant!!TimcDined on 7/25/2014The specials are a little pricey but exceptionally good. The grilled calamari steak over greens with olive oil and lemon was an excellent appetizer. The frutti di mare was amazing - served over linguine with clams, salmon and a huge lobster tail. The snapper livornese was also excellent - even the side of pasta was delicious. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable regarding the menu and wines. First class tiramisu for dessert. There are many more moderately priced items on the regular menu which, based on our dinners, we imagine are also of the highest quality. A great restaurant!!Special Features:
- 2 for 2 - Great ExperienceSeanVIPDined on 7/16/2014This was our 2nd visit to the restaurant and again, it was fantastic. Great food, great service, amazing specials.....Definitely will be back.. Thoroughly enjoyed itSpecial Features:
- MavenVIPDined on 7/13/2014We always enjoy going to sette bello. They are most accommodating. We took people on a Gluten Free diet and they made the dishes to order. Everyone enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- I dont post reviews oftenfuzzyVIPDined on 7/11/2014in fact, I have used Open Table close to 100 times and I only post when we discover something really good...or really bad. This place fits into the former. Certainly a neighborhood type of restaurant. If we lived close we would be here once a week. I consider restaurants like this where it is filled with locals (whom always know the best places) to be our favorites. I think we were the only people there who wasn't personal friends with everyone who worked there. Service was outstanding, food was better. Pricing was fair not cheap but certainly not expensive. I wish they served more than beer and wine but that is about the only negative I can come up with. This place is certainly worth a try.Special Features:
- very good food, bit priceyneilVIPDined on 7/8/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem. A white table cloth, nice crystal type place with better than average food, better than average recipes and good service. However, it is a bit pricey with too many of the entrees and all of the specials $30 or more. With a salad or appetizer, entree and beverage you are looking at easily $100+ with tax and tip -- which is well beyond what a middle class post-great recession couple wants to spend on a non special occasion dinner. Shame. I would like to go back but simply can not afford it.Special Features:
- Why Setta Bello is excellent!GilJoDined on 7/6/2014The food is wonderful and always inventive. The wait staff are warm, friendly and very accommodating. Love going there - it a delight to eat there.Special Features:
- MickeyDined on 7/5/2014Restaurant is pure perfection, only problem is noise level truly ruins the dinner. Its a very busy restaurant especially on a Saturday night but surely somethng can be done of absorb some of the conversations from other table. Personally l enjoy the quiet while having a beautiful dinner not 100 voices around me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real dealluv2dineVIPDined on 7/5/2014I saw the reviews and everyone rated it 4-5 stars and now I know why. I rate it 5. Great food all around the table. Great service from Bobby. The chef/owner, Franco, is the real deal from Italy. We just returned from Florence, Rome, Amalfi Coast and Venice. Sette Bello will now save me $2900 for air fare to Italy. You must go to this restaurant and say hello to Joe Cadillac who greets you at the door and has been a staple at the best front doors in South Florida for decades. I know him over 25 years and he is the best front man anywhere. Bravo to Sette Bello.Special Features:
- excellentnybornDined on 7/5/2014Outstanding service and quality of food. The sausage and onion appetizer special was delicious. The meatballs tasted like my italian grandfathers! Will come back again and again.Special Features:
- Delicious as always!!!!!!lovesushiDined on 6/28/2014GREAT food, service , ambiance!!!!! Great place!!!!!!Special Features:
- Favorite ItalianluvfoodDined on 6/23/2014We love coming here for some nice authentic Italian food. They always have amazing specials and we have never ordered from the menu. We love the specials. It is a little bit expensive but they have groupon deals and living social, so we take advantage. Always a great place for a random date night or celebrating special occasions.Special Features:
- Great Dinnerjfs226VIPDined on 6/22/2014Don't let the location influence your dinning experience . GREAT but costly Italian food. Located in a strip center off of US1, a true gem. Fish, meat, pastas all prepared with expertise. Give it a try. Great dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014It is the best restaurants I experienced in South Florida, a hidden Gem! Enjoyable all the way around! Staff was very attentive to our every need and the chef cooked for us like we were his own flesh and blood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Authentic ItalianMrsGDined on 6/21/2014We have lived in the area our entire lives and never gave Sette Bello a chance - shame on us. This is going to be a staple in our places to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Italian!!WilliamVIPDined on 6/21/2014Delicious authentic Italian food and a visit by the Chef to our table!!Special Features:
- Great Italian ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/20/2014Sette Bello is one of the great neighborhood Italian restaurants in Fort Lauderdale. Don't let the strip mall location fool ya, this place puts out some of the best Italian in town. The dining room could be more modern, but we go for the food and service which is very friendly. Chef Franco also makes the effort to visit his guests tableside.Special Features:
- FINALLY! A chef that can cook!!!AwfulVIPDined on 6/18/2014How refreshing to dine at a restaurant doesn't rely on flour, breading and sugar!!!! FRESH REAL FOOD! Kind, accommodating, smiling waitstaff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodsassyDined on 6/14/2014drinks way too expensive- Food outstanding. great meatballs, pear salad, veal piccata and best pasta. No vodka drinks, so only wine. Martinis would help.Special Features:
- mdtrainerDined on 6/14/2014Found the restaurant through Groupon and I am glad we did. Everything was great. The meatball with eggplant app. was terrific as was the chicken parm. Service was excellent. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service exceptional foodJanieDined on 6/4/2014Picked this restaurant to celebrate birthday and was not disappointed. I would list this as one of the top 3 restaurants in Fort Lauderdale. The fish was perfect as well as the meat. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From a NYer's perspectiveNYFoodie646Dined on 5/31/2014Moving to FL about 3 years ago it has been hard finding a good Italian place. ESPECIALLY considering that I come from an Italian neighborhood in NY (Howard Beach). Sette Bello is must. There are 3 things that my husband and I judge good Italian by, 1. Their bruschetta, 2. Their chicken parm and 3. Chicken Marsala - we have had all 3 (#1 comes to all guests) and it was FANTASTIC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service and FoodIraBfromCSGVIPDined on 5/31/2014Having passed by this restaurant numerous times without noticing it, my wife and I found it online as benefit of a daily deals website. We're very glad that we found it, since our Saturday evening experience there was a pleasure. With our Opentable reservation, we were warmly greeted immediately upon arrival and taken to our reserved table. Our server was engaging, and went over a large number of appetizer and entree specials. The setting was attractive and energetic, but still afforded us the opportunity to enjoy dinner conversation. The appetizers, pasta, and veal was all fresh and delicious - My only regret is that we were too full for dessert! This is a great local spot, and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2014This resturant is one not to be missed Food and service was outstanding The most difficult thing to do was choose what to have as everything sounded great Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exceeds expectations!!ACSunshineDined on 5/25/2014Sette Bello is one of our favorite restaurants for any occasion, the food and service is always out of this world.Special Features:
- Simply first rateWaltJDined on 5/25/2014Best Italian food I've had in the USA. Attentive service, very good wine list.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMytwocentsDined on 5/24/2014We love this place because it's quaint and not commercial in any manner. The food really is high quality, creative specials, and well trained waiters that take their role seriously, which is SO HARD to find in South Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CmficVIPDined on 5/24/2014the food is great and BEVAN THE SERVER IS THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- A REAL GEMFoodieDaveDined on 5/23/2014My friends and I enjoyed a really fantastic meal at this restaurant. The fine menu of Traditional Italian Delights was accented with extra special specials - the Grilled Calamari & Veal Chop were my favorites. Sette Bello is a little tucked away but well worth finding... a real gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ItalianpmnyVIPDined on 5/23/2014Come here whenever I'm in Ft Lauderdale. The food and service is excellent. Chef owner Franco always stops by the table and gives a warm creating, nice! Our server was very knowledgeable about the dishes, he was prompt courteous and friendly. The Maitra d’ Joey Cadillac is from the Bronx and gives s a warm feel to the restaurant. The veal chop milanese is superb my wife had the seafood pappardelle special also excellent and home made. The wine list provides a nice variety. The ricotta cheesecake is light and delicious, yum! Sette Bello does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary adventure in a strip mallOpenTableReviewerFLLDined on 5/23/2014Sette Bello's parking lot is always crowded, but that's for the chain restaurant at the other end of the strip mall. This little Italian restaurant is only moderately well known. The food is constantly delicious. Be prepared for an evening list of specials that usually doubles the length of the menu. Attentive service, and little extras make it a treat. The space is somewhat cramped, so I can't give it full marks for romantic ambience, but they do what they can in their setting (Roman columns, accent lighting). Fish dishes are always top notch. It's not an inexpensive place for dinner, but worth the treat.Special Features:
- Heat dinnerFreddyVIPDined on 5/23/2014Service and food were both outstanding. We had the zucchini flower appetizer and fish specials. The server was excellent and poured 5 different wine tastes until I found one I liked.Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsJamesGDined on 5/17/2014Another wonderful meal at Sette Bello, first time for my invited guests who commented it was the best Italian meal they have had in years!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJanieDined on 5/10/2014Love this chef makes dining experience a dream come true. Will return many more times. Thanks for being here in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 114 reviews are from the Sette Bello reviews archive.
- italianloverfoodloverDined on 5/3/2014great service begins walking in and lasts until you leave. Veal chop is world class!Special Features: