Seta Dine : Lounge
13033 Philadelphia St.
Whittier, CA 90601Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Seta Dine : Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dineseta.com/
- Phone: 5626983355
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am hours subject to change - see website for updated hours of operation
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Hugo Molina
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Executive Chef Hugo Molina's expert catering staff will customize a menu to exceed your expectations. Whether its a corporate meeting for a party of 8 or a wedding reception for a party of 300, Seta offers delectable delights for your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Seta's Aubergine room is available for private parties complete with a separate bar, entrance and iPod docking station for those looking to include their own vibe. The Aubergine room can be utilized for a cocktail party or a sit down dinner depending on capacity. Seta is also available for buy-outs for larger events.
- Private Party Contact: Aricia Alvarado 562-698-3355
A word from Seta Dine : Lounge
Setá, a contemporary dining establishment, complete with steakhouse favorites showcasing critically acclaimed Executive Chef Hugo Molina's Modern American Cuisine with Spanish and Asian influences.Featuring prime, corn fed and naturally dry aged beef that is exclusively hand selected and prepared over mesquite wood. Outdoor dining is available for a more casual experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Seta Dine : Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2012The food and service were outstanding. Great value and some of the best food in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- My family and I thoroughlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2012My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The seafood enchiladas, short ribs, salmon and seabass were all excellent. The appetizer barbeque babyback ribs w/Blueberry BBQ sauce and Seta Roll were scrumptious and to top off our dinner, for dessert, we had the Intense Chocolate Cake and Apple tart caramel three ways... delicious! Highly recommend Seta.Special Features:
- Food is consistently good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2012Food is consistently good. Service is friendly. Takes a bit too long for lunch.Special Features:
- Great venue for friends night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2012The food was delicious and the setting is very nice. The service was a little slow, appeared as of there was only I waiter. The only true drawback is that the venue was quite noisy, definitely not romantic but more for a night out with friends atmosphere. I felt bad for the live music they had who were drown out by the loud chatty environment.Special Features:
- We went here to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2012We went here to celebrate a birthday, as we found it through the DineLA promotion. The prix fixe menu was really delicious, and they had a wine pairing to go with it for an additional charge that we also enjoyed. They have a private dining room for groups and a (smallish) bar as well...we didn't use those but they are a nice addition to the experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful place! Great staff!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012We decided to go there when I heard that seta was offering DineLA. We made reservations and when we got there we were seated within the minute. We were given three menus to choose from, which all sounded good. We decided to go with DineLa! My husband and I started with the white corn soup which was amazing. I had the short rib with mashed potatoes, green beans and carrots. The meat was so tender and the flavor was really good. My husband had the seabass which was just ok. I thought it had too much seasoning! The crust on the fish overwhelmed the flavor of the fish. I thought it was too spicy! My husband loves spicy food but the fish had too much seasoning that it made it a little difficult to enjoy as a fish plate. Loved dessert!! Thanks!!Special Features:
- Whittier DiamondOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2012The ciusine of Hugo Molina is too die for! The set dinner menu is a steal at $25.00++! I would have easily paid $50.00 and not complained. The hostess (Hugo's wife)Arrisa is charming but knowledgable when it comes to the tastes and flavors that flow from the kitchen. The encrusted sea bass is the best. Do yourself a favor and don't miss this gem. We will be back this weekend!Special Features:
- Beyond our expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2012The food surpassed our expectations. Great shrimp a la diabla appetizer as part of the dineLA menu. Seabass and short ribs were also very good. Desserts also excellent with the berry shortcake a bit better than the intense chocolate. Special kudos to the manager who helped create a meal for a toddler with dairy allergies. Very, very thoughtful, and the child loved it. This was a medium price meal in the dineLA special, but better than many of the more expensive dinners I've had at other restaurants. I'd be very happy to go again.Special Features:
- Out of SynchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2012Table was not available until a half hour after reservation. Extremely noisy. Waiter took wine order and returned five minutes later to ask what wine I had ordered. We had the lobster taco special, which was fabulous, but they brought us the tortillas as they were clearing the table! The management has to understand that friendly does not equal good service! Still though it is a high spot for the cultural wasteland known as Uptown Whittier.Special Features:
- You need have the watier,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012You need have the watier, asked if they been here before and explain a little about the place, my daughter going to out of schol, next year and i would like to have an party for her.Special Features:
- Unexpected bliss in WhittierLadydiVIPDined on 6/23/2012Excellent experience from start to finish. Exceptional food. I travel to NY and other major cities and this is in my top 5 best recent meals.Special Features:
- This is definitely a neighborhoodMelroseDined on 6/17/2012This is definitely a neighborhood gem-. I have lived in Whittier for 27 years so I've been here since it opened but never heard of it. I had to go on OpenTable to find this gem here in my hometown.Better PR. It was a special Father's Day dinner. Food was plentiful and delicious. The Asian salad was big enough to split.All 3 of us had the daily special-halibut over risotto. The halibut was tasty but probably just a little too done, should have been more flaky. The risotto and vegies cooked right. Lemon cheesecake dessert - yum.Special Features:
- Went here for my Birthday.lovemyburrolaDined on 6/9/2012Went here for my Birthday. Food was great and staff was wonderful. I would go back for sure. They even have a little lounge/club in the back, But it can get kinda crowded. I recommed just go for the food and bar.Special Features:
- We were celebratging my nice'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012We were celebratging my nice's graduation. The server did not bring her plate until he notice that one meal was missing. The server never came back to see if we needed order anything else. No desert was offered. Over all staff look stremly stressed.
- A different spin on your averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2012A different spin on your average sandwich. Everything looked and smelled delicious. Prices are affordable plus you get served plenty of food.Special Features:
- service is a faster this time,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2012service is a faster this time, but still hope service can be quickerSpecial Features:
- We all enjoyed the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012We all enjoyed the food. It was different and cooked perfectly. We would highly recommend it to friends and will be back. The staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- I loved having Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012I loved having Easter Brunch there! Jodie our server was extremely attentive as well as the Proprietor. My Mimosa was never empty! I have recommended Seta to everyone I know. I was especially impressed by the appearance of ALL the patrons. Lovely!! It made the experience that more enjoyable.Special Features:
- The food here is always excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2012The food here is always excellent, but the service is s-l-o-w, every time. The main problem is that they seem understaffed - the servers can't be found on the floor when you need them (but they are helpful and friendly when they do appear). We don't need 10 minutes to peruse a menu with only a dozen or so choices, and we shouldn't have to ask for the check during a weekday lunch. I would come here much more if I knew I could get out in a timely manner, particularly on weekdays.Special Features:
- My wife and I have been toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2012My wife and I have been to Seta multiple times and have always enjoyed the food, service, price and setting. A West Side dining spot in Whittier. We took our neighbors and out- of-town guest and all loved it. Terrific place.Special Features:
- Hugo Molina, the chef, wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2012Hugo Molina, the chef, was the original chef at the Parkway Grill in Pasadena. His food is really really good. I cannot eat there without having his special tower salad. The lobster bisque soup we had last Sat was fabulous. The prices are not cheap but for the quality and service the place is a bargain. My only complaint is that they turn the dining room into a nightclub scene at 10:00 and it made for a strange ambiance. I will try to go earlier next time to avoid the switch.Special Features:
- Great place for local neighborhoodDrDTagDined on 3/3/2012Great place for local neighborhood dinning as well as a unique place to try out even if you have to drive a bit. Combination of friendly, efficient service, upscale, hip ambience, and very good food for reasonable prices. Nice touch that owner Hugo comes out to visit with his guests. Especially enjoyed the rib eye steak, cedar plank salmon,and caesar salad. Cool bar area for drinks before or after dinner.Special Features:
- The food experience is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012The food experience is always above and beyond. The clam chowder soup was excellent. It was extremely tender to chew and not fishy.Special Features:
- disappointingdebbieVIPDined on 2/29/2012the restaurant looked great on line however when i visited they were out of chicken and tuna. restaurants should never run out of chicken. also service was so slow it took more than a half hour to get a drink. i will not be dining here again.
- Good Food Bad Service from co-mgrsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012This place is ran by 3 brothers, 2 of which are excellent in customer service, Javier and Kasey, but the 3rd brother Gene is very arrogrant, unprofessional, raised his voice very inappropriately when we arrived to celebrate and have dinner on my birthday, I had went in the night before to discuss what options I had in inviting guest etc. the next day it was a total different story and were treated awfully, from the momment of arrival, to being seated, we originally had a party of 4 and we were told to wait 30 min but then realized the 4th person was going to arrive later so we asked to be seated, at being seated, Gene removed the 4th chair and we had to sit at a table missing a chair, when the 4th person did arrive later no where to sit.
- I've never had a bad dishOldiesDined on 2/16/2012I've never had a bad dish here. Excellent chef, great owners, super friendly service. And all with no traffic or parking problems!Special Features:
- Waitress was prompt and friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Waitress was prompt and friendly, just had to wait way too long for our food which is why i gave a low service rating. Small portion size for the price.Special Features:
- This year we were stumpedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012This year we were stumped as to were we should dine for V-day. We did an internet search and decided to dine at Seta located in Uptown Whittier. We had not been there before and didn't know what to expect. This restaurant was a great choice. The food was wonderful, we ordered the Mesquite Ribeye with twice baked potato and veggies. Our cocktails were also delicious, it had a good balance of liquor, muddled strawberries and lime topped with soda water. Felt that the main course was a bit pricey but the qualify of the food and service made up for that. I will visit again and would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:
- Went for Valentine's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012Went for Valentine's Day Dinner with my husband. Everything with wonderful! The food, drinks, service and ambiance. The only thing I did not like was that the tables were so close together. It was very hard to enjoy dinner with the other 2 couples within 12 inches of us. I would strongly recommend you spread out the tables more.Special Features:
- Great uptown Whittier dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012Overall nice quiet ambiance. Something I didn't expect in uptown Whittier it definitely what the area needed. The front dining area was classy looking using not the most expensive furniture. We were seated in a back room which was OK but I felt disconnected from the rest of the restaurant. The table we sat at was wobbly from loose screws and other tables near us were in the same condition. The white linens hid the true state of the furniture. The food was excellent. I had a ribeye that was tasty but pretty spicy. My mate had the seafood enchilada that she thoroughly enjoyed. The service could have been better. It took quite a while to have our water glasses refilled. Didn't ask us if we wanted more than one drink 'cause they took ourSpecial Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012Fine dining prices for average restaurant ambiance and food.
- This was my first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/11/2012This was my first visit to Seta. I chose the filet mignon and it was excellent. However the servers tended to take plates and bread before we were finished. As my girlfriend said it would be better to ask if one was finished with the dish or course. Overall we had a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Somewhat pricy but well worthOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Somewhat pricy but well worth it. Excellent place to take your wife on date nite.Special Features:
- Great food, but service aOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/9/2012Great food, but service a little slow considering only 3 tables were being served. I would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Chef Hugo came to speak toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2012Chef Hugo came to speak to our group after we dined. He couldn't have been more charming. I immediately highly recommended Seta to a work associate whose husband represents a prominent label. A group of them went the following day for lunch and had nothing but high praise for the food, ambiance and decor. BRAVO!Special Features:
- BlueroomOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2012The food here is delicious. I'm so impressed with the service and ambiance. It's my favorite restaurant in LA County.Special Features:
- Good env. & service, food is so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/27/2012The environment is good for dinner or bar. The Dine LA menu is just so-so (only the crab cake and salmon are good) and the chocolate dessert is overcook and taste bad. The cocktail is taste good. Overall is not bad with the cost.Special Features:
- WOW!!Diningoutfor2Dined on 1/26/2012we loved it and it was my birthday so it was great!!Special Features:
- We all had the priced fixedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2012We all had the priced fixed dinner. Elegant presentation and proportions were just right. A good place for a celebration.
- Food was excellent. The FlamencoluvgreatfoodDined on 1/22/2012Food was excellent. The Flamenco dancers were great!Special Features: