9 Main Street
Tiburon, CA 94920Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.servino.com/
- Phone: 4154352676
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Servino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Servino offers a variety of catering options for local events of all sizes. Please contact our Banquet Department for further information.
- Private Party Facilities: Servino hosts sit-down and buffet events for 25-135 people, and up to 200 guests for cocktail receptions. Enjoy beautiful views of the San Francisco Bay from our private outdoor patio, full private bar and lounge area. Come let us take care of your next birthday, company party or wedding reception.
- Private Party Contact: Natale Servino 8886521817
A word from Servino Ristorante
Located on the waterfront in the beautiful town of Tiburon, Servino Ristorante enjoys views of the San Francisco skyline and Angel Island. Inspired by the warm hospitably and culinary delights of Southern Italy, Servino specializes in homemade pastas, fresh seafood, and locally influenced interpretations of classic Italian favorites. Dine on the outdoor patio, have a drink in the bar and cocktail lounge, or host your next special event in the upstairs private banquet room. Whatever the occasion, Servino is the perfect place to celebrate "la dolce vita".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Servino Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (20)great for outdoor dining (12)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (7)great for brunch (5)romantic (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (4)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Uninspired FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/18/2014Sardines taste like cardboard Food rushed out too quickly. Ahi tuna tartare below average. No fresh-fish selections on menu. This restaurant used to pride itself on well-prepared (if unimaginative) dishes. Kitchen not performing that well any more. Too bad as they occupy a great location.
- Great Restaurant OverallMarinDined on 8/1/2014Can't beat the outdoor dining on their deck overlooking the bay when it comes to atmosphere. It's a great place to take out-of-town visitors for the wow factor. The food & service aren't so shabby, making this my favorite on-the-water restaurant in Tiburon. The only beef is the mandatory 20% gratuity for our party of 3. I can see doing this for parties > 4 but for 3? I normally would give around 20% tip if the service is acceptable anyway but this totally takes away my choice.Special Features:
- A great place to entertain guests!GoodrestaurantsDined on 7/31/2014Servino has never let me down. The staff are always helpful and friendly. The food selection is great, and my guests have always been pleased to spend time at Servino!Special Features:
- Perfect nightEatsandDrinksDined on 7/19/2014Really enjoyed the dinner and fantastic view. The service was top notch and very accommodating. The appetizers were flavorful and the pizza and pastas were outstanding.Special Features:
- DrJimmyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Served my dish without its roasted potatoes, martini's were brought to us wrong 2 times, no utensils on the table when we were sat our tables...no problem as I grabbed them off the next table next to us. :(
- Poor serviceLewWVIPDined on 5/30/2014The place was busy. Still that is no excuse to having to wait more than 45 minutes for our drinks to be served and almst an hour for dinner to arrive. The food was ok but certainly not worth the price.
- Great Location/ Setting -Poor FoodTommyboyDined on 5/25/2014We sat on the deck on beautiful weekend for Lunch. The view can't be beat. The food was mediocre at best and the service was the same.Special Features:
- The following 117 reviews are from the Servino Ristorante reviews archive.
- AmazingKavanaDined on 5/18/2014I went in expecting meh food to counterbalance the great view. Instead, the eggplant and the gnocchi blew us away! Spectacular.Special Features:
- Waited a 40 mins, but met no waiterAlexVIPDined on 5/11/2014We have been to Servino's several times in the past - usually to enjoy a glass of wine and an early dinner on the patio. That was the plan this past Mother's day as well. Unfortunately, despite our having a reservation, it did not work out. We were seated on time, but we waited patiently for almost 20 minutes and no one came by even to offer us some water or take a drink order. Even after I notified the host (and he spoke to the waiter) we sat another 20 minutes with no hint of any service. After that we left, walked down the street and had a nice dinner. [Note: I had to give ratings for food/ambiance above - so I rated the feed on past visits, since we were not able to order this time.]
- Terrible Service, boring food.KweaDined on 5/11/2014I went there for mother's day and I can only say the service is horrible. The waiter was the worst waiter I have ever had. He constantly brought the wrong things, forgot side dishes and salads, was trying to flirt with someone at the table and we even saw him taking an olive out of a patron's plate and eating it. The food was no what I expected, it was not horrible, but it lacked flavor and the portions were really small. The only good thing about this restaurant is the location, the ambiance and the view. Everything else it's just awful.
- Everything was good except...BoxerDogDined on 5/11/2014Servino has been a family favorite forever. Mother's Day there is always a special treat. The food was excellent as was the service. I was, however, disappointed when the drink using Skyy Vodka that I ordered had little or no vodka and I was charged extra for a "preferred beverage." It was bad enough that there was little or no vodka and worse to be charged for what wasn't there. This happened once before. It was a special afternoon so I chose not to make an issue of it, but I was not pleased. Playing fast and loose with orders from regulars and tourists is not nice.Special Features:
- A lovely location for lunchlovegoodfoodVIPDined on 4/22/2014I reserve 5 stars for only exceptional restaurants, but this one does come close. The outdoor patio had a beautiful view of Angel Island and the City. The tables are not crowded together and we weren't bothered by birds (like at Sam's restaurant.) I had a terrific tagliolini and finferlli (pasta with mushrooms.) It was a very healthy portion. My friend had the fish and the restaurant substituted vegetables for the potatoes. Don't miss the panna cotta! It was delicious! The wait staff was attentive and the food was good. Don't miss this local gem.Special Features:
- yumyummmmDined on 4/18/2014everything was amazing! only reason for the 4 stars in service was that I was missing utensils when we sat down. but the server was apologetic and got me a fork and knife right awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be ready to ask....AllanVIPDined on 3/8/2014Three of us had dinner at this restaurant. Nice decor. We were looking forward to a nice dining experience. We had Open Table reservations. When we walked in the door, we were not greeted by anyone. We had to wait about 8 minutes before our hostess seated us. We received water and bread almost immediately. That's where the 'service' ended. More times than once did we have to ask for refills on the water and when we did, the server poured one glass and, without looking to see if the other water glasses needed attention, just walked away. Our ordered drinks took about 10 minutes to get to us. Our waiter seemed indifferent that we blessed him to sit in his section. Finally, be ready to ask for everything with no help from the wait staff.Special Features:
- Service extremely slow, tableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/8/2014Service extremely slow, table not set properly even though reservations were made for 7. Took 40 mins to order then another 45 mins for entrees. Fortunately are table had good company so no negative comments were made to wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal we've had in a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014We had a wonderful meal and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Very pleasingPicassoDined on 2/27/2014WE had a nice dining experience at Servino's. It was a weekday, which made the restaurant very quiet. We were treated extremly well and the hostess remembered our request upon our arrival. Our server was attentive proffesional and freindly. The food was good. There are not alot of choices on the menu but they had enough for us. We were treated very well with a professional staff down to the busboy who was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch - no on poached eggsGinnyDined on 2/22/20145 asparagus spears and four bites of potato under 2 perfectly poached eggs was disappointing in that the accompaniments were a tease, especially for the price! The second dish of gnocchi was amazing and Service was excellent. They must add more to the brunch dish or remove the option!Special Features:
- The pasta dishes were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/4/2014The pasta dishes were very good, unfortunately, I had the fish dish (sole) and it was tasteless and of a funny consistency. Overall, I would return but stick to pasta.Special Features:
- quiet evening there with specialHypoxiaDined on 1/26/2014quiet evening there with special attention and quietSpecial Features:
- Great choice for Italian in Tiburonfood2explore21Dined on 1/4/2014Enjoyed very much our dinner at Servino. Ordered the Arugula, beets and pistachio salad and Prosciutto &Burrata, they are just great, specially the Prosciutto & Burrato, just perfect as appetizer. And I had veal for entrée, it was very tender and I liked it very much. And we had chocolate cake for dessert and this is really good, not too heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a winnerBayViewVIPDined on 12/29/2013Food was unremarkable in presentation and bland. Service was pleasant but disappointing. It had taken me years to return to this restaurant and I will not be returning.Special Features:
- Very pleasant dining experience;davidVIPDined on 12/26/2013Very pleasant dining experience; waiter was very accomodating in splitting special porcini/Dungeness crab pasta for us; truffle based pizza was unusual and delicious. Wine list offers very nice selection of Italian wines from most regions. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at ServinosRubyDined on 11/18/2013Limited lunch menu. Food not great. priced like it is. Nice people, nice town. On the water. Wish the lunch menu was better.
- Great Lunch!foodgirlDined on 11/17/2013It was a luncheon on a bright Sunday. The view and outside dining experience was just beautiful. The Zuppa de Pesce was outstanding, as well as the burrata with broccolini. Other dishes such as the beet salad were equally delicious. Fresh, local produce & sea food. Sometimes the service was a bit inattentive, but for the most part it was a good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to the pizza and saladThisnicknamethingisstupidVIPDined on 9/27/2013Heirloom tomatoes, burrata were great. Amazing olive oil for dipping bread. Mushroom pizza is top notch. Service not so great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend and I were an hourmojoveDined on 9/20/2013My friend and I were an hour late making our reserved time but Servino was gracious and accommodating. Our server made great suggestions for vegan eating and directed me to the cranberry bean salad as a side dish, followed by the kale pasta with chanterelles. Inventive, visually appealing, fresh, and delicious. I would highly recommend these dishes.Special Features:
- Great Little PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2013Nice restaurant on the dock. Very handy for ferry riders from San Francisco. Service was terrific and food was great .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a beautiful settingDyanDined on 8/16/2013We enjoyed a lovely meal, after finally snaring our waitress' attention. The food was delicious, especially the linguine del mare - very fresh seafood in a wonderful sauce. Salads were fresh and tasty, and the panna cotta and creme brulee excellent. Our pinot noir was superb. Although our waitress was attentive to serving our meal once she was found, she abandoned us when we finished the salads and entrees. It took some time to find her to order desserts. The setting was beautiful, on the water, watching the Friday night racing seriesSpecial Features:
- The service was not great,FamilymanVIPDined on 7/26/2013The service was not great, we waited a lot. We saw other tables sit, order, eat and leave while we were sitting around waiting...Special Features:
- Must has sunglasses!flyingcornwomanDined on 6/16/2013The view was unbeatable! Full sun on a perfect Fathers Day lunch. The reservation experience was easy and they mentioned and honored our request for a waterside table. The food was very good - gnocchi was light and fresh and the steak was tender. Our waiter was exceptionally good - read our mind about what we needed without even being asked and happily accommodated a special request. Only regret was not having room for dessert - they looked enticing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/16/2013Very small cafe latte and small brunch food portions. Compares unfavorably with other brunch venues in South Marin
- Incredible meal! New chef~ amazing!DineroutVIPDined on 6/7/2013fantastic meal- fresh and honest. mushroom pizza, panna cotta, mussels, tuna tartare- our menu was delicious. all organic and natural. and if you are gluten free, he has an entire menu for you. can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedLauraVIPDined on 6/4/2013Having eaten at Servino before, I was looking forward to our return, this time with a special out of town guest. We were disappointed from the start. Our server seemed rushed and almost undone with stress from our initial request for water, to spilling the wine as he poured, to reaching across people to clear plates as fast as he could...terrible service. The host, if you can call him that, never greeted us, nor even nodded a hello in passing. Our food was marginal, especially the burratta plate, with rock hard tomatoes. Only the view of the boats outside saved the dinner, which Servino can't take credit for. We won't be returning.
- While our waitress was veryfoodgirlDined on 5/12/2013While our waitress was very good, the support staff of bussers were extremely lackadaisical. No water, no utensils, no taking the dishes off the table when the entrees arrived. We had to ask for all of this. Timing was a bit off. But we throughly enjoyed our meal. The halibut was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth ItfogheadfoodieVIPDined on 5/12/2013Beautiful location and were excited for a late lunch on Mothers Day Sunday. Had to wait almost 20 minutes for our table and then aken to one upstairs where we were close to the stairs and bar - felt like we were in a banquet hall (6 people sitting at a table that was set for 8) despite open (but uncleared) tables next to windows. This despite a 2 week old reservation! Service SLOW. Our entree's came about an hour after our salads! The waiter forewarned us, saying the kitchen was backed up, but yet another table came in after us, ate and left before our entree's even arrived. If the service is poor, table placement is poor, and food just ok (and overpriced), why would you bother? Definitely overrated!
- Massimo, the chef, has madeOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/12/2013Massimo, the chef, has made Servino Restaurant one of the best Italian restaurants in the Bay Area. He really is that talented. The house made pasta and sauces are superb. Seafood, fowl, beef and pork are masterfully prepared. The service is excellent and the ambience is very good. The Tiburon location permits some lovely views of the City across the Bay. It is truly a destination reastaurant that most Bay Area diners have not yet discovered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/2/2013it's my go-to spot for eating outside on those rare days and rarer evenings when you can eat outside here in Tiburon. nice wine list, friendly service. a saner alternative to Sam's next door, which can be crowded and full of tourists on a sunny day. This last visit, the pappardelle with mini-meatballs was good, tuna tartare was good but had too many onions in it. The draw here is the lovely waterfront patio when it's warm, and the inside is very kid-friendly with good pizzas. It's one of the best options in Tiburon, which doesn't have a lot of good choices. If you want good, authentic Italian food but with a parking lot view, go to Don Antonio instead.Special Features:
- A wonderful experience, haveOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/22/2013A wonderful experience, have not been here for years and I will go back more especially with their extensive gluten free menu. Had the pleasure of meeting the chef a warm and accomplished individual.Special Features:
- New Chef Massimo, means muchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2013New Chef Massimo, means much improved food. Time for locals to come back as a return to a great italian meal.Special Features: