2112 NW Kearney St
Portland, OR 97210Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.serratto.com/
- Phone: (503) 221-1195
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm (Daily); Happy Hour: 4:00pm - 6:00pm (Daily); Dinner: 4:00pm - Close (Daily)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Tony Meyers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Serratto has two private dining rooms that can each accommodate up to 16 guests. The two rooms can also be combined to accommodate larger groups up to 40.
- Private Party Contact: Tyler Burby 5032211195
A word from Serratto
Serratto is a lively and elegant neighborhood restaurant serving authentic and innovative dishes from Italy, France and the greater Mediterranean region. The menu, which changes seasonally, is built around a commitment to using natural meats, the freshest seafood, and locally grown fruits and vegetables.Continued
The outstanding wine list and knowledgeable staff ensures a perfect wine pairing for any meal, palate, or budget.
The outstanding wine list and knowledgeable staff ensures a perfect wine pairing for any meal, palate, or budget.
With its beautiful dining room, relaxed lounge and full bar, Serratto has the perfect table!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Serratto reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (54)special occasion (41)notable wine list (34)romantic (31)good for groups (30)great for lunch (18)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Not a place for a quiet dinnerjroseDined on 11/15/2014Tables were way too close to each other. Services was very slow and had to ask multiple times for our drinks and service. Food was very good, we had the pasta and Salmon. Parking is also an issue in this neighborhood. If your not from the area, I wouldnt recommend it. Not worth the trouble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night out for two or moreSicularsDined on 11/9/2014We had a smattering of starters. The stuffed peppers were phenomenal, so was the French onion soup. If you're looking for a great dinner spot for two or a group I couldn't recommend this place more. The ambiance and service make this a great date night location for you and your special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great QualitydgirlDined on 11/8/2014Dinner was great & service was wonderful. There were a lot of kids & some screaming -- not the fault of the restaurant, but I'm not sure if that's typical. If it is typical, then it might not be a romantic spot before 7pm, but after it probably is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place!!SueBVIPDined on 11/6/2014My husband and I gravitate to this restaurant more and more. It has become our 'go to' spot for dinner. The food is consistently very good and the prices reasonable. I love the space too, it feels so cozy. I highly recommend this restaurant to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PDXSpikeDined on 10/31/2014A friend had talked up Serratto as the best local restaurant and we had been saving it for the right moment. Any concerns that it might have been oversold began to dissipate when we saw the inventive menu, and disappeared entirely with the first bite of the appetizer. The food is the best we have had to date in Portland, and the wines recommended by the server were terrific -- not only perfectly paired, but interesting in themselves (and generous pours to boot). We'll be back, to what we are pretty sure is going to be our neighborhood go-to place.Special Features:
- lunch menu lackingkathi37Dined on 10/31/2014There weren't many choices for lunch that were interesting and different.
- Love Antipasti Platter + Pasta!JLiciaWayDined on 10/30/2014Our food & ambiance were excellent! The only thing missing was a relatable and friendly waitress. We loved the gentleman that bussed our table and refilled our water! We will be back for Happy Hour, the bar area looked rather vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDined on 10/25/20145 of us had dinner on Sat. and we each thought the menu was interesting, unusual, and varied. Our meals matched our expectations and we're delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, but...whidbeygirlDined on 10/17/2014The food was excellent and innovative. We had a reservation, but still had to wait for about 10 minutes for a table. After we were seated, we were slow to be served, and all evening felt the service was less than expected. We had to remind them we ordered bread, the main course came to the table before we finished our salads, and with minimal room on the table it was crowded. The waiters seemed bored with their jobs, and that can make or break an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014One of our favorite restaurants, romantic for two. Great for family dinners or get togethers with friends. All of the menu items I have tried have been exceptional. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Always good.willaimfeldmanDined on 10/17/2014Have had enjoyed lunch, happy hour and dinner with friends and clients for many years. I am pleased to recommend and have always been thanked. Food is well presented and you feel like it was just for you. I look forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great entreeskeepersgDined on 10/11/2014Entrees were great. Soup and salad were good but not outstanding. Pleasant wait staff but service was sometimes slow.Special Features:
- 5 Star night!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014We had a great dinner and evening for 6 people - our server Steven was wonderful, excellent wine suggestions and even let us take a picture of him. Food was outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It was a lively place but would still be fun for a date or a romantic night. The wild boar pasta dish I ordered was memorable, I would go back and order it again. Everyone else loved their food too. We ordered one of everything on the dessert menu and could not pick a favorite! Can not go wrong - they even have valet parking in an area of Portland that is usually tough on parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Execution lackingsberlissDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I came to Serrato for a date night. We ordered a spinach salad, a small order of wild boar pappardelle, the seared sea scallops, and the forest mushroom risotto, all to share. The flavor profiles for each dish were nice, but the execution for several was poor. The salad was lovely, with pear, porgonzola, pomegranate seeds, and curried pepitas accompanied by a walnut vinaigrette. Next came the boar pappardelle, which would have been great if it weren't served at room temperature. Then came our entrees. The risotto was nice if slightly undersalted, which is easily remedied. The scallops, though, were a disappointment. All four were gritty, had a slightly fishy smell, and were slightly overcooked. We won't be rushing back.Special Features:
- We all found something we liked!coffeemommyDined on 10/8/2014We appreciate the variety on the menu & our kid & gluten free friend loved their dinner as well as my husband & myself.Special Features:
- attentive serviceSophia7Dined on 10/4/2014We appreciated the attention to the state of our pasta!Special Features:
- Food For FriendsNotFloridaDined on 10/3/2014Out of town guests delighted with food, wine, and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Go-To Neighborhood Findlemons4uVIPDined on 9/30/2014Serrato is the restaurant we go to when we want a casual, but somewhat elegant place to dine. Good food, excellent service and a good wine list. We especially like the lighting in the restaurant which provides a soft glow on the table and would be an acceptable place to share a romantic dinner without breaking the bank. We have dined here from many years and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- deliciouspdxdinerDined on 9/29/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Serratto. very nice wine list. Enjoyed the Caesar salad and sweet potato ravioli with maple béarnaise sauce (vegetarian and yummy!) The dining room was crowded (even on a Monday) and a bit noisy so it wasn't the best place for conversation, but the food was delicious and service top notch.Special Features:
- Romantic & TastymadelyneDined on 9/20/2014The service was excellent, the wine tasty, the kobe beef appetizer rare and delicious, the rigatoni with house-made sausage very good. The only issue we had was with the squid ink fettucine (with smoked sturgeon) - the combined flavors of the fettucini and the smoked sturgeon were REMARKABLY strong, and we wished that we were warned about that. Other than that, this is an excellent restaurant, with an excellent menu, and good staff. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- EEO1Dined on 9/19/2014Dinner was wonderful. Scallops were cooked perfectly, pasta dishes good. Manhattans were great. Desserts were terrific too. The staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteTerritimeDined on 9/14/2014Went with friends Everything was excellent service good. Comfortable setting. Will highly recommend to family and friends. Can't wait to go back and try other menu itemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Waiter was nice but forgot my husbands entree. Didn't ask if others in the party wanted more wine ( other than the single glass ordered). Seemed to have to many tables to attend to. Overall a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- RogetDined on 9/10/2014The atmosphere, food and service were at the highest level. This is now by far our favorite restaurant. Count on seeing us once a month.Special Features:
- Slipping?DJC76Dined on 9/5/2014We love this place, but our experience this time was disappointing. The food was good, not great as it had been in the past, but our disappointment was around the service. It was slow and we had to ask multiple times for the same thing. It was like we were forgotten once we sat down. We will be back based on our history with the place and hope the poor service was an anomaly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014As always, the experience was superb! I love coming here for any occasion, be it a romantic dinner or just a quick bite to eat before going out. I always recommend Serratto when people ask where to go. Food, service, atmosphere...just wonderful!Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!PDXFoodieVIPDined on 9/2/2014Wonderful meal- birthday dinner, food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Need an accurate menuMartelloVIPDined on 8/30/2014We made a reservation because the menu posted on Open Table had duck. They had a different menu once we arrived, which was disappointing. The convenience of Open Table is diminished if I have to call to verify information posted on the site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of Portland's very bestNancyDined on 8/21/2014Serratto has always been a favorite of ours since we hosted our wedding celebration party there 5 years ago. This week I took out of town visitors and the food, service, and ambiance were better than ever. It is a bit noisy, but the tables are far enough apart so that it is not distracting. And on one of our perfect summer evenings, it is wonderful to sit by an open window and enjoy the breeze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just deliciousllama765Dined on 8/18/2014Although the main course was great, glad I didn't miss out on the incredible soup and perfectly dressed Caesar saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nothwest GemmollysmomDined on 8/13/2014I took two friends here for dinner as a "thank you." I expected great food and great service and got both. We truly enjoyed our experience. If you like Bloody Marys then you might want to try Serratto's; it hits the spot. The Tomato Gazpacho soup had just the right spiced heat but refreshing coolness. The seared Ahi Tuna with Corn Fritters was flavorful, tender, and beautifully presented. And the Bittersweet Chocolate Cobbler? Well, that was an ooey-gooey warm chocolately experience in itself. And we couldn't have asked for a better server than Tabitha. Friendly, knowledgeable, and cheerful she was a delight to work with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceFoodloverfromNMDined on 8/12/2014People and food are outstanding! What a gem! Can't wait to go there at night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Respect the snail.nobodyspecialDined on 8/10/2014Serratto used to be part of the slow-food movement, but the speed at which our meal progressed was all wrong. We received our entrees before finishing our salads; and our starter arrived after the entrees. Our waitress was nice enough, but her attention was definitely dominated by the eight-top right next to us. It was all she could do to make eye contact with us before waltzing away. These days in Portland, restaurants are generally better on the east side of the river.Special Features:
- DatenightVIPDined on 8/8/2014Wonderful find for a romantic dinner. Seating with views of night life along 21st in NW PDX. Food is great with wonderful specialty items leaning toward Mediterranean. Staff is helpful and timely. Nice wine list to accompany the meal. Prices are within reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NW Portland SpotAZgirlVIPDined on 8/3/2014Food was great with selections to please everyone. Our server was outstanding - personable, knowledgeable, and efficient. Only downside was the large open windows with homeless souls pushing their carts of belongings by on the sidewalk. Outside diners were seated right on the sidewalk, which I think would not have been comfortable with this going on. But it's an urban location so perhaps unavoidable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningRbrtDined on 8/2/2014We have a 5 week old baby and decided our first romantic night out without her would be Serratto. It was great. The food is well prepared. The wine is superb. Our friendly waiter was pregnant herself and we enjoyed discussing her pending motherhood.Special Features:
- DELICIOUS AND TRULY ACCOMODATINGGigiDined on 7/31/2014We come here often, but this time we were especially touched by the outstanding service. I had thrown out my back and expected to have to stand throughout the meal--too painful to sit. But, first they brought me a rolled-up towel to place behind my back so I could sit, and then, when they saw the chair didn't quite work for me, they brought down a better chair from the upstairs dining-room. As for the food, my hamburger was fantastic, as usual (one of the best in PDX!), and they gladly substituted their great kale salad for the fries, for no extra charge...a bargain. Our L.A. guests were delighted with the delicious stuffed pequeno-peppers, tuna tartare, risotto, the amazingly tender calamari, and Kurt's perfect martinis and Negronis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seratto steps downOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014I have always had great meals at Serrato. Perhaps because it was Sunday, the food was just average...the service was "reluctant". It was one of those times when you examine why a tip is expected and why the server and the restaurant deserve. I left an insulting amount - I should have left nothing.
- Lovely anniversary spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We went to Serratto for the first time for our anniversary, and had one of the best nights yet. The staff made us feel very special and taken care of, and took care to fulfill our request for a romantic, private table. The party at our table hadn't left yet, so the host brought us complimentary champagne while we waited at the bar. Everyone was very friendly, attentive and professional. The ambiance was perfect for the occasion. And the food--the food was great! Our courses were brought to us with perfect timing, and everything was delicious. Would highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- The following 446 reviews are from the Serratto reviews archive.
- Nice but noisysaltyoneDined on 7/23/2014This is really a lovely restaurant in a fun neighborhood; they had several large parties the night that we were there so it was quite noisy but the food and service was good.Special Features: