2112 NW Kearney St
Portland, OR 97210Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.serratto.com/
- Phone: 5032211195
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm (Daily); Happy Hour: 4:00pm - 6:00pm (Daily); Dinner: 4:00pm - Close (Daily)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Tony Meyers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Serratto has two private dining rooms that can each accommodate up to 16 guests. The two rooms can also be combined to accommodate larger groups up to 40.
- Private Party Contact: Tyler Burby 5032211195
A word from Serratto
Serratto is a lively and elegant neighborhood restaurant serving authentic and innovative dishes from Italy, France and the greater Mediterranean region. The menu, which changes seasonally, is built around a commitment to using natural meats, the freshest seafood, and locally grown fruits and vegetables.Continued
The outstanding wine list and knowledgeable staff ensures a perfect wine pairing for any meal, palate, or budget.
The outstanding wine list and knowledgeable staff ensures a perfect wine pairing for any meal, palate, or budget.
With its beautiful dining room, relaxed lounge and full bar, Serratto has the perfect table!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Serratto reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (73)fit for foodies (69)special occasion (57)romantic (43)notable wine list (35)good for groups (31)great for lunch (31)hot spot (13)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014Dinner was wonderful. Scallops were cooked perfectly, pasta dishes good. Manhattans were great. Desserts were terrific too. The staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteTerritimeDined on 9/14/2014Went with friends Everything was excellent service good. Comfortable setting. Will highly recommend to family and friends. Can't wait to go back and try other menu itemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Waiter was nice but forgot my husbands entree. Didn't ask if others in the party wanted more wine ( other than the single glass ordered). Seemed to have to many tables to attend to. Overall a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- RogetDined on 9/10/2014The atmosphere, food and service were at the highest level. This is now by far our favorite restaurant. Count on seeing us once a month.Special Features:
- Slipping?DJC76Dined on 9/5/2014We love this place, but our experience this time was disappointing. The food was good, not great as it had been in the past, but our disappointment was around the service. It was slow and we had to ask multiple times for the same thing. It was like we were forgotten once we sat down. We will be back based on our history with the place and hope the poor service was an anomaly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014As always, the experience was superb! I love coming here for any occasion, be it a romantic dinner or just a quick bite to eat before going out. I always recommend Serratto when people ask where to go. Food, service, atmosphere...just wonderful!Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!PDXFoodieVIPDined on 9/2/2014Wonderful meal- birthday dinner, food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Need an accurate menuMartelloVIPDined on 8/30/2014We made a reservation because the menu posted on Open Table had duck. They had a different menu once we arrived, which was disappointing. The convenience of Open Table is diminished if I have to call to verify information posted on the site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of Portland's very bestNancyDined on 8/21/2014Serratto has always been a favorite of ours since we hosted our wedding celebration party there 5 years ago. This week I took out of town visitors and the food, service, and ambiance were better than ever. It is a bit noisy, but the tables are far enough apart so that it is not distracting. And on one of our perfect summer evenings, it is wonderful to sit by an open window and enjoy the breeze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just deliciousllama765Dined on 8/18/2014Although the main course was great, glad I didn't miss out on the incredible soup and perfectly dressed Caesar saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nothwest GemmollysmomDined on 8/13/2014I took two friends here for dinner as a "thank you." I expected great food and great service and got both. We truly enjoyed our experience. If you like Bloody Marys then you might want to try Serratto's; it hits the spot. The Tomato Gazpacho soup had just the right spiced heat but refreshing coolness. The seared Ahi Tuna with Corn Fritters was flavorful, tender, and beautifully presented. And the Bittersweet Chocolate Cobbler? Well, that was an ooey-gooey warm chocolately experience in itself. And we couldn't have asked for a better server than Tabitha. Friendly, knowledgeable, and cheerful she was a delight to work with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceFoodloverfromNMDined on 8/12/2014People and food are outstanding! What a gem! Can't wait to go there at night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Respect the snail.nobodyspecialDined on 8/10/2014Serratto used to be part of the slow-food movement, but the speed at which our meal progressed was all wrong. We received our entrees before finishing our salads; and our starter arrived after the entrees. Our waitress was nice enough, but her attention was definitely dominated by the eight-top right next to us. It was all she could do to make eye contact with us before waltzing away. These days in Portland, restaurants are generally better on the east side of the river.Special Features:
- Great NW Portland SpotAZgirlVIPDined on 8/3/2014Food was great with selections to please everyone. Our server was outstanding - personable, knowledgeable, and efficient. Only downside was the large open windows with homeless souls pushing their carts of belongings by on the sidewalk. Outside diners were seated right on the sidewalk, which I think would not have been comfortable with this going on. But it's an urban location so perhaps unavoidable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningRbrtDined on 8/2/2014We have a 5 week old baby and decided our first romantic night out without her would be Serratto. It was great. The food is well prepared. The wine is superb. Our friendly waiter was pregnant herself and we enjoyed discussing her pending motherhood.Special Features:
- DELICIOUS AND TRULY ACCOMODATINGGigiDined on 7/31/2014We come here often, but this time we were especially touched by the outstanding service. I had thrown out my back and expected to have to stand throughout the meal--too painful to sit. But, first they brought me a rolled-up towel to place behind my back so I could sit, and then, when they saw the chair didn't quite work for me, they brought down a better chair from the upstairs dining-room. As for the food, my hamburger was fantastic, as usual (one of the best in PDX!), and they gladly substituted their great kale salad for the fries, for no extra charge...a bargain. Our L.A. guests were delighted with the delicious stuffed pequeno-peppers, tuna tartare, risotto, the amazingly tender calamari, and Kurt's perfect martinis and Negronis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seratto steps downOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014I have always had great meals at Serrato. Perhaps because it was Sunday, the food was just average...the service was "reluctant". It was one of those times when you examine why a tip is expected and why the server and the restaurant deserve. I left an insulting amount - I should have left nothing.
- Lovely anniversary spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We went to Serratto for the first time for our anniversary, and had one of the best nights yet. The staff made us feel very special and taken care of, and took care to fulfill our request for a romantic, private table. The party at our table hadn't left yet, so the host brought us complimentary champagne while we waited at the bar. Everyone was very friendly, attentive and professional. The ambiance was perfect for the occasion. And the food--the food was great! Our courses were brought to us with perfect timing, and everything was delicious. Would highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Nice but noisysaltyoneDined on 7/23/2014This is really a lovely restaurant in a fun neighborhood; they had several large parties the night that we were there so it was quite noisy but the food and service was good.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphereEmtronDined on 7/21/2014Serratto is a great place to go for Italian food. We have gone there for our anniversary to get great food and wine. We like to sit near the open windows in the summer. The menu changes and seems to always have something new and fresh. Everything is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as advertisedkrislarsVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food was good, but not as advertised on the menu. The eggplant sauce was mostly tomato, and the asparagus side was carrot with one asparagus spear. Nicely done, but not very imaginative.
- Food great, servers apatheticInloveDined on 7/19/2014We were here for our 39th wedding anniversary, which we'd indicated at the time of the open table reservation. Food was great, but servers seemed apathetic and devoid of warmth. Three different servers brought appetizer, bread and main dish to our table, and each set food down without a word. No one came back to ask us how our dinner was. Put a little damper on a romantic evening. After mentioning the special occasion ourselves after dinner, we did receive complimentary flutes of champagne and 1 free dessert. Probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Portlands Finest!LuvSteakVIPDined on 7/17/2014Serrato is amazing! The staff are experienced and attentive. The chefs creativity and quality is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ItalianSteveVIPDined on 7/15/2014Fabulous meal from the roasted beet salad, with Chèvre, and a baked artichoke to the rigatoni with spicy Italian sausage in a very subtle, but flavorful sauce. Terrific wine choices, as well. Excellent, attentive and friendly service. Trendy neighborhood restaurant standing taller than most in the area. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchFoodie1Dined on 7/15/2014I had lunch and the food was pretty good. It was definitely gourmet. I did order my food without onions but the chef had put green onions (or chives) on the apple bisque soup. I was thinking that we would have gotten your excellent breads with the lunch but we did not. I had the Kobe beef but the bread that it was put on was burned a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our luck ran out...UncaLarryDined on 7/14/2014We took friends from San Francisco to dinner because we've always had really good luck at Serratto. Our luck and theirs ran out. Admittedly it's been quite a while since we've been back but recipes we were familiar with have changed, presentations were modified, and ingredients varied... none of which was a good idea. The staff is, at least, still helpful and efficient. Not enough to redeem the meal, but it helped.
- GREAT RESTAURANTgrandma39Dined on 7/14/2014We celebrated our 52nd Wedding Anniversary on 7/14 at Serrattto's and were very impressed with the food, service and atmosphere!. It was our first time eating at Serratto's and we will definitely return for another dinner. Something related to the restaurant must mean snail!!! The food was excellent!!! We had the special and the service was wonderfully attentive and helpful, (Tiffany was our waitress) Parking in the lot at 21st and Johnson was wonderful. We had our ticket stamped at the restaurant and it only cost us $5.00 for parking. We walked to the restaurant through the parking lot. Street parking is hard to come by with so many houses, apt. and condos in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Succulant ScallopsPengolfDined on 7/13/2014All the dinners are amazing, but I always go back to the scallops. Absolutely amazing. Our server was very helpful with the wine as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatHappyDinerDined on 7/9/2014It's my stand-by for out of towners. The food is always good and, although Italian, there are wonderful salads and non-paste entrees. Something for everyone.Special Features:
- DineAwayVIPDined on 7/6/2014Second time here. Will return. Excellent food, service, setting. Interesting residential neighborhood, easily accessible by trolly from downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!ItaliaDined on 7/6/2014We loved the Caesar salad-light but very tasty dressing. The Lemon Tarragon salad dressing was also exceptional. The halibut was great with english peas. The burger was very good-could have done without the barbque sauce-too sweet and a little overwhelming. The burger itself was tender and very flavorful; bacon is always good. Risotto could have used a little more Gran Padano-kind of flat in taste. Ravioli we could do without. The Creme Brulee was one of the best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 7/5/2014Food was good as usual. My wife had halibut and I had beef tenderloin. Both were superb. Desserts were just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely with one caveatOregonNativeDined on 6/27/2014Food was super, dining room and service very nice, but -- and this is really small in the scheme of things for a nice anniversary dinner -- this is another restaurant where one leaves smelling of the cooking process. I would go back. I plead, however, for management to address this.
- Amazingly Delicious!!HealthyEpicureanVIPDined on 6/26/2014Unbelievable. So fantastic! The fennel and oranges and vinaigrette flavors of the beet salad all complemented each other. The homemade mushroom ravioli was cooked al dent and it was sublime. The osso bucco with gremolato had great flavor and great texture. The vegetarian dish I ordered had the most amazing textures and flavors. I will go back there on our next visit to Portland. We are from the San Francisco area. This restaurant is one of the reasons I will return to Portland.Special Features:
- Just Right ....jwymoreDined on 6/21/2014Great place to go for a nice meal. Very nice ambiance but not pretentious. Our server was super friendly and took care of all our needs. Good cocktails, acceptable wine list and good italian fare without being foo foo. Portion sizes were just right. Had a table by an open window looking out on 21st so the people watching was good too!! This restaurant remains a staple in the area and is suitable for all kinds of occasions.Special Features:
- Delicious and DelightfulFoodFunDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I and our two adult children were served dishes that were exquisite in presentation and flavor. We sat by an open window and enjoyed the lovely, warm, Portland evening while devouring the basket of light crusty bread with olive oil and then our dining choices. We each ordered a different entrée selection: I ordered the rib-eye special and it melted in my mouth. My husband had the scallops and they were perfectly seared so that the moist tenderness of the scallops was preserved and the flavor was delightful. Our kids insisted that we try bites of their meals out of the sheer pleasure of sharing their food! The wait staff was great but the seating hostess was awful. She almost ruined the experience but the food made up for it!Special Features:
- Wonderful little findChisagDined on 6/19/2014A perfect ambiance of low lighting and open room that makes you feel private and social at the same time. The salads are as good as it gets. Refreshing combinations that quietly explode on the palate. After a 13 hr day, I needed some comfort food and ordered the burger, something I rarely do in a restaurant. From the brioche bun to the perfectly medium rare burger itself, it was a delightful surprise. The double cooked frittes were a nice companion. We enjoyed it so much we returned the next night and both ordered pasta. The Italian sausage was just spicy enough to add a touch of heat without masking the flavors of the sauce and handmade pasta. The Forrest Mushroom ravioli with a hint of lemon was worth the trip alone.Special Features:
- Friend get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/18/2014Overall a wonderful dinner spot. The mixed greens, the kale salad and the french onion soup, all very pleasing. Mushroom ravioli was fantastic. Three of us had the delicious rigatoni however two ladies asked for no mozzaarella stated on the menu due to one has an allergy and one dislikes cheese. However it still came out with parmesan shaved on it and beginning to soften/melt into the sauce which they had to eat around. I believe the server's awareness would have been much more appreciated. The table we were seated at probably was the only table affected by the sun, as it was going down it blinded me pretty much the whole time. Every couple of minutes I needed to move the table or myself around to block it b/c of no window shades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but a bit noisyFoodflightVIPDined on 6/13/2014Our scallops with a pea reduction were excellent. Our server mixed up our first course and struggled to open the wine bottle but was trying. She also failed to fill our water glasses and pour refills of wine but other servers intervened on the order mixup and the incorrect item was fairly quickly replaced. There are a lot of hard surfaces in an open, large eating area so the noise level can get high when they are full. All in all, a good meal.Special Features:
- Nice eveningKobeDined on 6/13/2014We enjoyed going out to dinner with friends. Food, drinks were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.