2112 NW Kearney St
Portland, OR 97210Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.serratto.com/
- Phone: 5032211195
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm (Daily); Happy Hour: 4:00pm - 6:00pm (Daily); Dinner: 4:00pm - Close (Daily)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Tony Meyers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Serratto has two private dining rooms that can each accommodate up to 16 guests. The two rooms can also be combined to accommodate larger groups up to 40.
- Private Party Contact: Tyler Burby 5032211195
A word from Serratto
Serratto is a lively and elegant neighborhood restaurant serving authentic and innovative dishes from Italy, France and the greater Mediterranean region. The menu, which changes seasonally, is built around a commitment to using natural meats, the freshest seafood, and locally grown fruits and vegetables.Continued
The outstanding wine list and knowledgeable staff ensures a perfect wine pairing for any meal, palate, or budget.
The outstanding wine list and knowledgeable staff ensures a perfect wine pairing for any meal, palate, or budget.
With its beautiful dining room, relaxed lounge and full bar, Serratto has the perfect table!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Serratto reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (58)special occasion (54)romantic (37)notable wine list (33)good for groups (30)great for lunch (24)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- great food, but...whidbeygirlDined on 10/17/2014The food was excellent and innovative. We had a reservation, but still had to wait for about 10 minutes for a table. After we were seated, we were slow to be served, and all evening felt the service was less than expected. We had to remind them we ordered bread, the main course came to the table before we finished our salads, and with minimal room on the table it was crowded. The waiters seemed bored with their jobs, and that can make or break an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014One of our favorite restaurants, romantic for two. Great for family dinners or get togethers with friends. All of the menu items I have tried have been exceptional. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Always good.willaimfeldmanDined on 10/17/2014Have had enjoyed lunch, happy hour and dinner with friends and clients for many years. I am pleased to recommend and have always been thanked. Food is well presented and you feel like it was just for you. I look forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great entreeskeepersgDined on 10/11/2014Entrees were great. Soup and salad were good but not outstanding. Pleasant wait staff but service was sometimes slow.Special Features:
- 5 Star night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We had a great dinner and evening for 6 people - our server Steven was wonderful, excellent wine suggestions and even let us take a picture of him. Food was outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It was a lively place but would still be fun for a date or a romantic night. The wild boar pasta dish I ordered was memorable, I would go back and order it again. Everyone else loved their food too. We ordered one of everything on the dessert menu and could not pick a favorite! Can not go wrong - they even have valet parking in an area of Portland that is usually tough on parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Execution lackingsberlissDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I came to Serrato for a date night. We ordered a spinach salad, a small order of wild boar pappardelle, the seared sea scallops, and the forest mushroom risotto, all to share. The flavor profiles for each dish were nice, but the execution for several was poor. The salad was lovely, with pear, porgonzola, pomegranate seeds, and curried pepitas accompanied by a walnut vinaigrette. Next came the boar pappardelle, which would have been great if it weren't served at room temperature. Then came our entrees. The risotto was nice if slightly undersalted, which is easily remedied. The scallops, though, were a disappointment. All four were gritty, had a slightly fishy smell, and were slightly overcooked. We won't be rushing back.Special Features:
- We all found something we liked!coffeemommyDined on 10/8/2014We appreciate the variety on the menu & our kid & gluten free friend loved their dinner as well as my husband & myself.Special Features:
- attentive serviceSophia7Dined on 10/4/2014We appreciated the attention to the state of our pasta!Special Features:
- Food For FriendsNotFloridaDined on 10/3/2014Out of town guests delighted with food, wine, and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Go-To Neighborhood Findlemons4uDined on 9/30/2014Serrato is the restaurant we go to when we want a casual, but somewhat elegant place to dine. Good food, excellent service and a good wine list. We especially like the lighting in the restaurant which provides a soft glow on the table and would be an acceptable place to share a romantic dinner without breaking the bank. We have dined here from many years and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Serratto. very nice wine list. Enjoyed the Caesar salad and sweet potato ravioli with maple béarnaise sauce (vegetarian and yummy!) The dining room was crowded (even on a Monday) and a bit noisy so it wasn't the best place for conversation, but the food was delicious and service top notch.Special Features:
- Romantic & TastymadelyneDined on 9/20/2014The service was excellent, the wine tasty, the kobe beef appetizer rare and delicious, the rigatoni with house-made sausage very good. The only issue we had was with the squid ink fettucine (with smoked sturgeon) - the combined flavors of the fettucini and the smoked sturgeon were REMARKABLY strong, and we wished that we were warned about that. Other than that, this is an excellent restaurant, with an excellent menu, and good staff. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- EEO1Dined on 9/19/2014Dinner was wonderful. Scallops were cooked perfectly, pasta dishes good. Manhattans were great. Desserts were terrific too. The staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteTerritimeDined on 9/14/2014Went with friends Everything was excellent service good. Comfortable setting. Will highly recommend to family and friends. Can't wait to go back and try other menu itemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Waiter was nice but forgot my husbands entree. Didn't ask if others in the party wanted more wine ( other than the single glass ordered). Seemed to have to many tables to attend to. Overall a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- RogetDined on 9/10/2014The atmosphere, food and service were at the highest level. This is now by far our favorite restaurant. Count on seeing us once a month.Special Features:
- Slipping?DJC76Dined on 9/5/2014We love this place, but our experience this time was disappointing. The food was good, not great as it had been in the past, but our disappointment was around the service. It was slow and we had to ask multiple times for the same thing. It was like we were forgotten once we sat down. We will be back based on our history with the place and hope the poor service was an anomaly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014As always, the experience was superb! I love coming here for any occasion, be it a romantic dinner or just a quick bite to eat before going out. I always recommend Serratto when people ask where to go. Food, service, atmosphere...just wonderful!Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!PDXFoodieDined on 9/2/2014Wonderful meal- birthday dinner, food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Need an accurate menuMartelloDined on 8/30/2014We made a reservation because the menu posted on Open Table had duck. They had a different menu once we arrived, which was disappointing. The convenience of Open Table is diminished if I have to call to verify information posted on the site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of Portland's very bestNancyDined on 8/21/2014Serratto has always been a favorite of ours since we hosted our wedding celebration party there 5 years ago. This week I took out of town visitors and the food, service, and ambiance were better than ever. It is a bit noisy, but the tables are far enough apart so that it is not distracting. And on one of our perfect summer evenings, it is wonderful to sit by an open window and enjoy the breeze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just deliciousllama765Dined on 8/18/2014Although the main course was great, glad I didn't miss out on the incredible soup and perfectly dressed Caesar saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nothwest GemmollysmomDined on 8/13/2014I took two friends here for dinner as a "thank you." I expected great food and great service and got both. We truly enjoyed our experience. If you like Bloody Marys then you might want to try Serratto's; it hits the spot. The Tomato Gazpacho soup had just the right spiced heat but refreshing coolness. The seared Ahi Tuna with Corn Fritters was flavorful, tender, and beautifully presented. And the Bittersweet Chocolate Cobbler? Well, that was an ooey-gooey warm chocolately experience in itself. And we couldn't have asked for a better server than Tabitha. Friendly, knowledgeable, and cheerful she was a delight to work with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceFoodloverfromNMDined on 8/12/2014People and food are outstanding! What a gem! Can't wait to go there at night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Respect the snail.nobodyspecialDined on 8/10/2014Serratto used to be part of the slow-food movement, but the speed at which our meal progressed was all wrong. We received our entrees before finishing our salads; and our starter arrived after the entrees. Our waitress was nice enough, but her attention was definitely dominated by the eight-top right next to us. It was all she could do to make eye contact with us before waltzing away. These days in Portland, restaurants are generally better on the east side of the river.Special Features:
- DatenightDined on 8/8/2014Wonderful find for a romantic dinner. Seating with views of night life along 21st in NW PDX. Food is great with wonderful specialty items leaning toward Mediterranean. Staff is helpful and timely. Nice wine list to accompany the meal. Prices are within reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NW Portland SpotAZgirlDined on 8/3/2014Food was great with selections to please everyone. Our server was outstanding - personable, knowledgeable, and efficient. Only downside was the large open windows with homeless souls pushing their carts of belongings by on the sidewalk. Outside diners were seated right on the sidewalk, which I think would not have been comfortable with this going on. But it's an urban location so perhaps unavoidable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningRbrtDined on 8/2/2014We have a 5 week old baby and decided our first romantic night out without her would be Serratto. It was great. The food is well prepared. The wine is superb. Our friendly waiter was pregnant herself and we enjoyed discussing her pending motherhood.Special Features:
- DELICIOUS AND TRULY ACCOMODATINGGigiDined on 7/31/2014We come here often, but this time we were especially touched by the outstanding service. I had thrown out my back and expected to have to stand throughout the meal--too painful to sit. But, first they brought me a rolled-up towel to place behind my back so I could sit, and then, when they saw the chair didn't quite work for me, they brought down a better chair from the upstairs dining-room. As for the food, my hamburger was fantastic, as usual (one of the best in PDX!), and they gladly substituted their great kale salad for the fries, for no extra charge...a bargain. Our L.A. guests were delighted with the delicious stuffed pequeno-peppers, tuna tartare, risotto, the amazingly tender calamari, and Kurt's perfect martinis and Negronis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seratto steps downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014I have always had great meals at Serrato. Perhaps because it was Sunday, the food was just average...the service was "reluctant". It was one of those times when you examine why a tip is expected and why the server and the restaurant deserve. I left an insulting amount - I should have left nothing.
- Lovely anniversary spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We went to Serratto for the first time for our anniversary, and had one of the best nights yet. The staff made us feel very special and taken care of, and took care to fulfill our request for a romantic, private table. The party at our table hadn't left yet, so the host brought us complimentary champagne while we waited at the bar. Everyone was very friendly, attentive and professional. The ambiance was perfect for the occasion. And the food--the food was great! Our courses were brought to us with perfect timing, and everything was delicious. Would highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Nice but noisysaltyoneDined on 7/23/2014This is really a lovely restaurant in a fun neighborhood; they had several large parties the night that we were there so it was quite noisy but the food and service was good.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphereEmtronDined on 7/21/2014Serratto is a great place to go for Italian food. We have gone there for our anniversary to get great food and wine. We like to sit near the open windows in the summer. The menu changes and seems to always have something new and fresh. Everything is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as advertisedkrislarsDined on 7/19/2014The food was good, but not as advertised on the menu. The eggplant sauce was mostly tomato, and the asparagus side was carrot with one asparagus spear. Nicely done, but not very imaginative.
- Food great, servers apatheticInloveDined on 7/19/2014We were here for our 39th wedding anniversary, which we'd indicated at the time of the open table reservation. Food was great, but servers seemed apathetic and devoid of warmth. Three different servers brought appetizer, bread and main dish to our table, and each set food down without a word. No one came back to ask us how our dinner was. Put a little damper on a romantic evening. After mentioning the special occasion ourselves after dinner, we did receive complimentary flutes of champagne and 1 free dessert. Probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Portlands Finest!LuvSteakDined on 7/17/2014Serrato is amazing! The staff are experienced and attentive. The chefs creativity and quality is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ItalianSteveDined on 7/15/2014Fabulous meal from the roasted beet salad, with Chèvre, and a baked artichoke to the rigatoni with spicy Italian sausage in a very subtle, but flavorful sauce. Terrific wine choices, as well. Excellent, attentive and friendly service. Trendy neighborhood restaurant standing taller than most in the area. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchFoodie1Dined on 7/15/2014I had lunch and the food was pretty good. It was definitely gourmet. I did order my food without onions but the chef had put green onions (or chives) on the apple bisque soup. I was thinking that we would have gotten your excellent breads with the lunch but we did not. I had the Kobe beef but the bread that it was put on was burned a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our luck ran out...UncaLarryDined on 7/14/2014We took friends from San Francisco to dinner because we've always had really good luck at Serratto. Our luck and theirs ran out. Admittedly it's been quite a while since we've been back but recipes we were familiar with have changed, presentations were modified, and ingredients varied... none of which was a good idea. The staff is, at least, still helpful and efficient. Not enough to redeem the meal, but it helped.
- GREAT RESTAURANTgrandma39Dined on 7/14/2014We celebrated our 52nd Wedding Anniversary on 7/14 at Serrattto's and were very impressed with the food, service and atmosphere!. It was our first time eating at Serratto's and we will definitely return for another dinner. Something related to the restaurant must mean snail!!! The food was excellent!!! We had the special and the service was wonderfully attentive and helpful, (Tiffany was our waitress) Parking in the lot at 21st and Johnson was wonderful. We had our ticket stamped at the restaurant and it only cost us $5.00 for parking. We walked to the restaurant through the parking lot. Street parking is hard to come by with so many houses, apt. and condos in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.