Serrano & Tin Angel
20 South 2nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Serrano & Tin Angel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tinangel.com/
- Phone: 2159280770
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:30 pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are arranged by contacting the managers during the day. We can accommodate private parties for 20 to 70 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Donal McCoy 2159280770
- Entertainment: The Tin Angel provides a “heavenly” experience for music lovers of all ages. This November, Tin Angel celebrates 20 years of showcasing industry innovators and pioneers. Tin Angel is recognized as one of the country’s premier listening rooms and she’s nowhere near ready to rest on her laurels or give up her wings.
- Special Events: Host your next special event at Serrano. We can accommodate parties up to 70 people and cater a menu to fit your occasion. For more information, call 215-928-0770.
- Cross Street: Market Street
- Public Transit: The restaurant is accessible via public transportation. SEPTA's Market-Frankford line stops at Second and Market Streets.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered street parking is available. Additionally, there are two parking lots, a privately owned garage & a city owned garage, all within two blocks of the restaurant.
A word from Serrano & Tin Angel
Serrano kitchen turns up the heat with our new menu items such as ‘Serrano’ Pot Stickers, Frito Misto and Pistachio & Coriander Crusted Grouper. We've also given a new twist to classic dishes like the Serrano Meatloaf and Lamb Shank. Our craft beer and boutique wine lists have been hand selected. Our servers can suggest a pairing to complement any of our dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Serrano & Tin Angel reviews from OpenTable diners
- Worst waiter that I've experiencedEdFooVIPDined on 8/24/2013Worst waiter that I've experienced in the last 20 years.Special Features:
- dinner and a showVictoriaDined on 8/15/2013Got reservations in order to see Valerie June. Went with open expectations and came away surprised. The service was fast and prompt. ordered Crispy Goat Cheese with Candied Fennel, Jalapeño Hummus w/ Marinated Grilled Flatbread, and Corn Fritters Cayenne Honey Drizzle. The corn fritters were absolutely delicious. The goat cheese was (disappointingly) one ball, but very tasty. the Hummus also was excellent. We ordered the "Famous Meatloaf". I wouldn't call it famous, but it was very good. Overall, Serrano is a definite recommendation and in store for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great appetizersspearmuzikDined on 8/7/2013My wife & I shared the 6 appetizers special and they were delicious, well presented and varied in taste and texture. Highly recommended. I think they would have gone better with wine than with beer, however; our bad, not the restaurant's. Then to go upstairs to see a great live show at the Tin Angel was the best dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They've changed their menuJanHVIPDined on 7/26/2013They've changed their menu since the last time I have been there, and the portions seemed smaller. Food was still very good and seasonally appropriate. The night we ate there (a Friday), it appeared they had only one server for the entire restaurant. He did as well as he could, but we had to wait a bit between courses, and for our bill/processing payment. Their by the glass wine list is still too new world based for me; I prefer old world style wines. Still, very good food, and can't beat the seats you get at the shows upstairs if you eat at Serrano beforehand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeDin4twoVIPDined on 7/17/2013We enjoyed our dinner! Appetizers were especially good!! Watched a show and really enjoyed mr fuzzy and the barbarian!! Nice way to end the evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food & music in old citytm1949VIPDined on 6/14/2013The menu is interesting in this charming spot in Old City, but the taste doesn't quite measure up. All is good, and some very good, but the expectation was for much better. But then the music venue upstairs is great, reasonably priced with good music. It's good to be in a place where being over 30 years old is not a crime..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, cool vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013We've always enjoyed our visits to Serrano & Tin Angel. The food was delicious this time around (I had the lamb, my friend had the seafood trio.) The wine list is good, with nice selections, and dessert was great (coconut cake--yum!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodvalueEdandTailsDined on 5/19/2013I thought the $/food portion was alittle high. For a party of two it cost $76. (That did include one beer & appitizer)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLuv2EatVIPDined on 5/18/2013This is one of the best places that I have eaten at in a long time.Special Features:
- Great start to the night!MichandRockDined on 5/10/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our meal prior to heading upstairs for the show. We will definitely be doing it again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chef Prepared FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2013While there are some newer trendy restaurants showing up in the neighborhood, this one never fails to deliver high quality food that you can tell a Chef has put their heart into.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreadful Meal, Dreadful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/1/2013We decided to try here as the menu looked interesting. I checked online reviews which were mixed but decided to try it anyway We arrived and were seated right next to a couple who didn't seem to mind their personal space being invaded. Drink were ordered and promptly served. However, starters took over half an hour to arrive and were just lukewarm, despite the restaurant being not being at all busy. Main courses also lukewarm when they eventually arrived. I know we should have complained at the time but we are British and really don't like to make a fuss - But more to the point, we only saw our server when he took the order and delivered our food - Had we been asked how our meals were,we would have let the server know we were not satisfied.
- Good date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013Had a great meal and saw a wonderful show! Made for an awesome date night. Food is great, but the portions are a bit small for the price. Still was an experience I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Awesome gem in old cityGaryLDined on 4/16/2013The food, ambiance, service and staff are like a finely tuned group of unique culinary instruments. It's worth the visit.Special Features:
- Loved the food! ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Loved the food! Excellent varity with options for all diets (Vegetarian, Gluten Free etc.) Service very good. Excelent spot for dinner before a concert upstairs. It's a small gem so be prepared to be "close".Special Features:
- The service at Serranos wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013The service at Serranos was excellent, the waiter was very attentive. Although I'd return to Tin Angel the seating was a bit too close for me.Special Features:
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013This was my first time at either place and the next time I see a show at the Tin Angel I a will absolutely make another reservation at Serrano for dinner first. 2 thumbs up from everyone in our party:)Special Features:
- Excellent service. Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Excellent service. Very good food. Would strongly recommendSpecial Features:
- we had the perch was was deliciousFranVIPDined on 3/29/2013we had the perch was was delicious and a very nice portion. Also the curry mussels were great.And the brulee as well. A pleasant surprise! Put that together with an efficient and nice server, a quiet but energetic atmosphere, lovely in its old charm, and a great seat reserved later for the Tin Angel, and you've got yourself a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Delicious food, well-presented,EyeBVIPDined on 3/29/2013Delicious food, well-presented, attentive staff. Particularly recommend the perch and the kiwi tart.Special Features:
- Dinner and a show...can't beat itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013We travel from Baltimore to see Smash Palace when they play at the Tin Angel and dinner at Serrano's is the regular pre-show treat. Got our regular favorite seat by the fireplace. The 20 S. Steak Frites are the BEST! Last visit I had spare ribs which were on special and they were also excellent. The service is very friendly and attentive. The chef also came out and made sure we were happy with our meal. She also informed us of upcoming changes to the menu as well as her flexibility in making something that is no longer on the menu (call ahead for that so she can plan). The shows upstairs are fantastic esp because if you make a dinner reservation prior to the show, you get a reserved table upstairs. The staff upstairs are also great!Special Features:
- Server was knowledgeable andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013Server was knowledgeable and attentive, but not hovering. Food was very good and prices were reasonable. Really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Generally reliable menu withfoodflashDined on 3/7/2013Generally reliable menu with sharable portions of hearty food. Pleasant neighborhood bar ambiance, especially nice on a cold day when the fireplace is crackling.Special Features:
- After an outstanding dinnerLibbyVIPDined on 3/2/2013After an outstanding dinner at Seranno, we attended the fabulous concert (reserved seats were available at the Tin Angel venue for Serrano diners). There was a great opening act "She Hates Me" and featured presentation "The Philadelphia Ukelele Orchestra" -- an amazingly talented 12 person ensemble of vocalists and master instrumentalists playing ukeleles/a theramin and other "specialty" instruments. GREAT EVENING!!!!Special Features:
- The food was very good, andAwesomeDined on 2/22/2013The food was very good, and the decor and ambience was wonderful. They also have a real working fireplace that was so nice to see.Special Features:
- Great spot and the music venueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Great spot and the music venue at Tin Angel was excellent. Did not like the waiter for dinner at Serrano at all. It's as if he couldn't be bothered with us. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- This place was packed on ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013This place was packed on Valentines Day, either due to the holiday or the Hoots and Hellmouth concert happening upstairs, or both. We had a reservation and at first we were sat at a tiny table right next to the front door, that was kept open by smokers going in and out from the concert. When we asked to be moved they put us at a much larger table in the back without any issue. The place was loud and service was a little slow, but they seemed slammed. Otherwise, each dish was fantastic and the server recommended a great bottle of wine.Special Features:
- food and drinks were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2013food and drinks were excellent. well above average experience
- Was a Thursday night. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2013Was a Thursday night. Had a cozy dinner for 2 by the fire place. The food was excellent and the service very attentive. Would certainly come back.Special Features:
- The New Year's Eve prix fixeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012The New Year's Eve prix fixe was a great way to start the new year. Selections were good, prepared well. Delicious dinner!Special Features:
- A classic that rarely disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/27/2012A classic that rarely disappoints. Tasty food, good, short wine list and craft beers on tap. Esp. cozy by the wood stove in the winter.Special Features:
- An Olde City InstitutionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012My second visit to Serrano, roughly 20 years apart. The first time was a treat, but the service, food and ambiance have only improved with time.
- Awesime place! Love the decore,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012Awesime place! Love the decore, staff was very polite and helpful.Special Features:
- Serrano keeps getting betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/2/2012Serrano keeps getting better and better. There's a real focus coming from the kitchen, with some daring additions to the menu featuring fresh seafood. Other listening rooms and entertainment clubs force you into a "two item minimum" to get good seating, and the food's generally "concession-level" quality. Not so at Serrano. Lately, we look forward to a nice dinner at Serrano just as much as the show to follow at Tin Angel.Special Features:
- Make reservations for the show!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2012Serrano: The host was accommodating. Our waiter Michael was very professional. We ordered several appetizers: the corn fritters were just okay, the jalapeno hummus was wonderful, the crispy goat cheese was memorable (in a good way). I really loved the calamari. My beau had the burger with lamb chili, a good idea though the flavors were mudded and confused when combined. If one where to go through all that trouble on a burger, then make the flavors work together. The fries we lousy! The ambiance wasn't impressive. Oh, and the butterscotch cake was also lousy, dry and didn't taste like butterscotch. I would not recommend this restaurant minus the music venue. Tin Angel: Reserved seating is a treat. Emily King is a talented delight!Special Features:
- The service and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2012The service and food were very good but had a hard time reading the menu as it was a little too dark. The portion was ok as well as I ate my entire meal, something that usually doesn't happen.Special Features:
- Only one negative, parking.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012Only one negative, parking. Our car was towed, before 10 pm. Total drag on an otherwise fine evening out!Special Features:
- Dinner was good, meatloafOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012Dinner was good, meatloaf outstanding. The waiter was not great, just fair. Michael did not reflect how great Serrano is. Owner and wife and a dark haired guy made the place great. Michael took away from experienceSpecial Features:
- I was very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012I was very impressed with the food and the service. Our meal was perfectly prepared and well timed. The variety of appetizers and the precision which with each was prepared floored me. Everything was delicious and the show after was amazing. I would certainly return and would recommend Serrano & Tin Angel to any of my friends and family.Special Features:
- The food was good as it alwayshoward2VIPDined on 10/24/2012The food was good as it always is. The service/attitude was not only slow, but almost unfriendly. This is a surprise as it never used to be this way.Special Features: