659 Auburn Ave #501
Atlanta, GA 30312Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://serpasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 404-688-0040
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Scott Serpas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Serpas
The eponymous venture from Atlanta favorite, Chef Scott Serpas, is located in the heart of the culturally rich neighborhood at the intersection of Irwin Street and Auburn Avenue. Enjoy menu items that reflect the Louisiana, Southwestern and Asian inspirations of Serpas' career. The innovative American comfort cuisine encompasses fresh ingredients that emit comforting flavors handcrafted by Serpas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Serpas - Best Restaurants in Inman Park ›
Serpas reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (128)neighborhood gem (117)good for groups (71)special occasion (69)great for brunch (50)romantic (49)great for outdoor dining (40)hot spot (39)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (18)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (12)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- nice relaxed eveningelvisDined on 9/19/2014Food was good. Salmon chips are a must. Duck was prepared well. Veal was outstanding. Great menu and service was Certus Dixieland attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoitned!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014The food is always great. I have never been disappointed. The quality is always consistent. This is a great find. Wonderful service from the entire staff. We always feel special when we come.Special Features:
- Delicious salmonDinersDelightVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went for restaurant week. The salmon was delicious. The service attentive but not over bearing and the fried berry pie divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PizzaPassionVIPDined on 9/14/2014Recently dined at Serpas for dinner on a Sunday night. Tasty, southern-inspired, fresh, seasonal food, which would be even better if they lightened up a bit on the sauces (particularly on the fried oysters). We enjoyed the oysters and the fresh house salad, the salmon and trout, the bread pudding, and a few of the sides. Service was very friendly and speedy, but servers placed the wrong item in front of the wrong person for each of our 3 courses - we were only 2 people. Industrial interior is pretty and chic, but it gets loud/noisy. Despite the service glitches and the noise, we would definitely return for the delicious food.
- second trip another successOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/14/2014Shrimp appetizer was awesome. My husband does not even care much for shrimp and commented how he wanted more. His steak was good and my trout was too. The blueberry fried pie however made me melt. I did not share. Iay go back everday just for this dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantDiningGirlDined on 9/14/2014We picked this restaurant for Sunday brunch just prior to an area tour of homes. Arrived at 1145am to a friendly greeting and a very sparsely filled space. As the restaurant steadily filled with diners, the noise level increased quite a bit. If filled to capacity, I would imagine that it may be very hard to converse! But the food is ABSOLUTLEY wonderful!! The beignets are melt in your mouth delicious to begin the dining experience and the short rib eggs benedict was a good choice. The ribs were tender and very flavorful and the eggs perfectly prepared. Our server was attentive and kept hot coffee and water cups & glasses filled. The complimentary valet was quite a nice bonus! We will be back!Special Features:
- Good ambiencelperezmartinDined on 9/13/2014I would definetely recommend this place to go for a drink, but not to have dinner. The service was terrible, very slow and we even had to send a dish back to the kitchen because it was undercooked. They gave us the choice to pick sonething to go and even that took too long. I have to admit the dessert was great.Special Features:
- Nice DinnerOutforbirthdayVIPDined on 9/13/2014Menu offered many options, even vegetarian options. Food was tasty and service was great!Special Features:
- Really good,jdpeters92Dined on 9/12/2014So this was my second time there and they didn't have the veal porterhouse that I absolutely loved. The appetizers were great and if you enjoy a speciality American new orleans style food. I have only 2 complaints, I wish the menu was a little more expansive but the quality of the food is more than enough to keep me coming back. 2nd I had a bit of rude experience with the waiter about the tip, but that not enough to put a bad taste in my mouth about Serpus. The chef did come out and speak and the manager was so nice, I really do enjoy it and I will be going back for that porterhouse. Overall I really enjoy serpus, it's a great date spot, great atmosphere, and the prices aren't that unreasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealallenDined on 9/12/2014Salmon chips were great as usual. Scallops, salmon and halibut were well prepared, sides were good with entrees, our service was excellent. Rib-eye steak had gristle and was not what we expected. We had a corner table that was not too noisy. The valet parking makes getting there very easy. One of our favorite restaurants for special occasions!Special Features:
- Excellent - would go againdkalDined on 9/10/2014I never leave reviews but Serpas deserved one. We went there for Midtown Restaurant Week and got the braised crispy tacos/pork shoulder agnolotti/pot de creme and tomato bisque/pan roasted salmon/sticky toffee pudding. All of the food was superb. Service was not bad, but not always super attentive (waited a while for my coke to initially arrive, had to wait for refills, had to wait a while to get the bill) but food delivery met expectations and came out in a timely manner. The space is great - it's wide open but not warehouse-y. However, some seats would be pretty bad (i.e. anyone facing the bland brick wall) and don't think there was a single noise dampener in the place - it was fairly noisy for us, but the restaurant wasn't packed.Special Features:
- InexcusablyPoor, Ridiculous ServiceNospacesMorewordsDined on 9/6/2014We had 3 appetizers, 3 entrees, & 1 dessert. Absolutely one of the best meals we've ever had. HOWEVER, even though we've been to Serpas several times, the service once again was so terrible that I don't think we'd ever go back & I'd certainly not recommend this restaurant to anyone whom I cared about. (The asst mgr on duty was phenomenally caring and apologetic.) But the service never improved & the manager, who stopped at our table to check on our food, made one of the most ridiculous comments we've ever heard in a restaurant. One of us ordered the ribeye, cooked medium-rare on the rare side. She was served a medium steak & when we asked the mgr about its doneness, he said it looked medium due to the angle of the setting sun. WHAT??Special Features:
- Beltline Lantern ParadeBeaheroDined on 9/6/2014We went with another couple for dinner the night of the lantern parade. The weather caused is to eat inside, so it was our first time not on the patio. Our salmon chip appetizer was splendid as always, and the bacon wrapped goat cheese figs were, too. We split a main, the halibut, which was plenty good. Dessert was beignets split between my date and I. Love them. The paraders slowly filtered by outside in increasingly outlandish adornments. We had a front row seat on the glass wall until we left our first seating dinner. We spent $92 for an experience.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDinersDelightVIPDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful experience from start to finish. Definitely would like to come back and try dinner now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We've been here several times before, and each time has been a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverchargedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014I kept thinking that I didn't recall Serpas being that expensive but the check was $160 for 3 people. When I for home I saw two items never ordered at my table. Last time in going there. I was embarrassed because I had invited two people and they weren't happySpecial Features:
- The best pork chop ever !!!jonc413Dined on 8/27/2014I absolutely adore pork chops. Yet, when dining out, i usually find that they are dry or too rare....Sepas' chop was perfect!!! AND....what a wonderful pairing of green and grits...DIVINESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to love!MaggieDined on 8/24/2014For brunch we tried pigs in a blanket - best andouille sausage i have ever tasted! Eggplant hushpuppies - what's in these things that makes them sooo good! Beignets are the best in town, maybe even the county! creole omlette and short rib eggs benedict were outstanding! no words can describe how great the restaraunt and chef are. This place needs to be put on more BEST OF lists.Special Features:
- Definitely a fanNicknameDined on 8/23/2014An overall very good dining experience. The food ranged from good to great, service was attentive, friendly, and knowledgable, and it's just a cool, non-pretentious atmosphere. Tuna Tartar: The best thing we had. Delicious. If I'm nit-picking, the sesame oil might have been a bit strong for some people (it's one of my favorite ingredients so I loved it) and it could have used a touch of salt, but that's just nit-picking. Smoked Salmon chips: OK, but I wouldn't get it again. I generally love the smokey, saltiness of smoked salmon, but this salmon had hardly any noticable smokiness. Pork chop: Highly recommended. Great dish all around. Crab and Mushroom stuffed Trout: Very nice dish. Beautifully prepared with mild flavors. Not a wow but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aims to pleaseSheba1Dined on 8/21/2014Trout was excellent. One member of our party had scallops, which were excellent but came in a creamed corn base which was too oily for her taste. Management quickly remedied once they were made aware. Love the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second TripJLDayDined on 8/17/2014This was my second trip. This place is fantastic. Although it has an interesting floor layout and architecture, its all about Chef Serpa's food. His dishes are imaginative and have a wonderful flavor. I will say, both trips have been for brunch. Next time lunch or dinner. This is one of our Atlanta go-to places.Special Features:
- Ugh!FoodieDined on 8/17/2014I was excited to take my cousin and her husband who were visiting us in Atlanta to Serpas. I read some reviews and thought that us FOODIES would be in Heaven--NOT the case! Yes, the beniegts were good, but it was downhill from there. With a mixture of breakfast entrees, NONE of us thought our dishes came together! In fact, 2 were not even palatable enough to finish. One of the reasons I chose this spot was because of the lovely picture of the outdoor seating that I saw online. It appears to be on a lawn behind the restaurant, instead though, it is in front by the valet & some parking--no lovely view. I would not recommend this restaurant, nor would I go back for a second round--big waste of time & money!
- Old 4 W - SerpasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We always know that Serpas will be consistent on food, service, and ambience. We took a friend who was visiting and wanted to get an idea for the local restaurant scene to Serpas. He loved what he ordered. Serpas is one of the restaurants that a foodie should at least give a try once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menu, Amazing FoodPigletthefoodieDined on 8/15/2014Everything about Serpas was great! Their specialty drinks, the crab cream cheese fritters, the pigs in a blanket and the salmon chips appetizers were all so delicious. We decided to go for something different so we ordered the Venison entree cooked medium rare. It was wonderful! Cooked perfect and had tons of flavor. I'm excited to go back and check out their brunch menu soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serpas can just be magicJoeSDined on 8/15/2014Dined at Serpas last Friday...staff at Serpas is uniformly outstanding -- competent, responsive, not intrusive. Food was just delightful. It was just the perfect evening.Special Features:
- I don't know the area, so I...SuzeshortshortDined on 8/15/2014Asked my salon's booking agent for a recommendation and she suggested Serpas. I am so glad she did. I was meeting a very old friend that I had not seen in a while and the setting was perfect! It was centrally located for both of us, the cocktails were lovely and suited to our tastes and the food was outstanding! We had a very pleasant reunion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Casual GluttonTheCasualGluttonDined on 8/10/2014www.thecasualglutton.WordPress.com Still need to go for dinner.Special Features:
- Tasty and fun.DinerJBDined on 8/9/2014Service was attentive and friendly. Salmon chips were outstanding. Pork chop and venison very good also. It's a little loud if that kind of thing bothers you. Fun place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as always; poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We had delicious small plates- peach sald, salmon chips were very nice but the favorite was the tuna tartar. Our waiter left plenty to be desired- he had no knowledge of the wine list, brought the wrong wine, overcharged (for the wrong wine) when our bill arrived, and said it on because it covers the extra salmon chip the manager brought you so that everyone at the table could have one (5 ladies). Word to the manager- you don't bring something extra ton the table like you are making a gracious gesture and then slip in the charge on the bill. Extremely TACKY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchBjamDined on 8/3/2014try the fried oysters eggs benedict - my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and DrinksiahawksDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I select a new restaurant to try every year for our anniversary. This year we tried Serpas and it was AMAZING. Our waiter was awesome at explaining the chef, the cocktails, and the menu. He listened to our questions and guided us based on what we liked. I had the Berkshire Pork and grits and they both melted in my mouth. My husband had a skirt steak and it was also mouth watering, we would definitely go back and take friends and family, and recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining alfrescoBeaheroDined on 8/1/2014Listen to Doug or Summer, the high quality servers to guide your experience. We enjoyed the best service ever from them, as we sampled from one of the best menus in the South. Sherpas has become our go to place for a white tablecloth experience on a terrace we can dress casually on. The neighborhood is vibrant and filled with active busy adults with things to do. We park on the curb, and are treated like VIPs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014Always love Serpas. One of my all time favorites here in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CousinDined on 7/26/2014Always wanted to try Octopus, and it was amazing. We had the Venison and the Ribeye Steak both were cooked perfect and everything that came with the meal was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014We dined outside - more intimate. Inside more energetic, fabulous bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service as always!Gobucks1Dined on 7/25/2014Our party of 9 had a great time. The food was delicious as always--can't miss out on the tuna tartar or flash fried oysters...Beecher, our server was great. We try to request him when he is working since he always provides top rate service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to CelebrateMediationMommyDined on 7/20/2014This restaurant was wonderful. It provided a spin on food preparation and service that is like no other we have found in the area. Our first impression was with the valet and he was fantastic. I am sure our valet was the owner and he had wonderful recommendations from the menu and treated us as though we were old friends - a trait I personally like. The hostess was attentive and seated us in an area with no drafts as we requested. The waiter was awesome and gave great service. He was the perfect representation of Serpas!Special Features:
- Excellent fooddragonDined on 7/20/2014This place is consistently great and has the best Tuna Tartare in the city!!!!Special Features:
- Salmon Chips Amazing!PoolgaleatsVIPDined on 7/19/2014Birthday dinners or an evening out with friends, you will love many selections from the menu. Scott does it right!!Special Features:
- Best Pork Chop in AtlantaDaveyboy211Dined on 7/12/2014My title says it all; best pork chop in Atlanta. This is my third time at Serpas, and my second time getting the pork chop. It's worth it. I had dreams about it afterwards! My lady friend got the scallops, which were also exceptional. We will definitely be coming back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.