659 Auburn Ave #501
Atlanta, GA 30312Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://serpasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 404-688-0040
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Scott Serpas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Serpas
The eponymous venture from Atlanta favorite, Chef Scott Serpas, is located in the heart of the culturally rich neighborhood at the intersection of Irwin Street and Auburn Avenue. Enjoy menu items that reflect the Louisiana, Southwestern and Asian inspirations of Serpas' career. The innovative American comfort cuisine encompasses fresh ingredients that emit comforting flavors handcrafted by Serpas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Serpas - Best Restaurants in Inman Park ›
Serpas reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (140)neighborhood gem (116)good for groups (75)special occasion (72)great for brunch (66)great for outdoor dining (49)romantic (49)hot spot (45)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (20)vibrant bar scene (15)scenic view (13)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (11)Show More
- What's not to love!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014For brunch we tried pigs in a blanket - best andouille sausage i have ever tasted! Eggplant hushpuppies - what's in these things that makes them sooo good! Beignets are the best in town, maybe even the county! creole omlette and short rib eggs benedict were outstanding! no words can describe how great the restaraunt and chef are. This place needs to be put on more BEST OF lists.Special Features:
- Definitely a fanNicknameDined on 8/23/2014An overall very good dining experience. The food ranged from good to great, service was attentive, friendly, and knowledgable, and it's just a cool, non-pretentious atmosphere. Tuna Tartar: The best thing we had. Delicious. If I'm nit-picking, the sesame oil might have been a bit strong for some people (it's one of my favorite ingredients so I loved it) and it could have used a touch of salt, but that's just nit-picking. Smoked Salmon chips: OK, but I wouldn't get it again. I generally love the smokey, saltiness of smoked salmon, but this salmon had hardly any noticable smokiness. Pork chop: Highly recommended. Great dish all around. Crab and Mushroom stuffed Trout: Very nice dish. Beautifully prepared with mild flavors. Not a wow but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aims to pleaseSheba1Dined on 8/21/2014Trout was excellent. One member of our party had scallops, which were excellent but came in a creamed corn base which was too oily for her taste. Management quickly remedied once they were made aware. Love the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second TripJLDayDined on 8/17/2014This was my second trip. This place is fantastic. Although it has an interesting floor layout and architecture, its all about Chef Serpa's food. His dishes are imaginative and have a wonderful flavor. I will say, both trips have been for brunch. Next time lunch or dinner. This is one of our Atlanta go-to places.Special Features:
- Ugh!FoodieDined on 8/17/2014I was excited to take my cousin and her husband who were visiting us in Atlanta to Serpas. I read some reviews and thought that us FOODIES would be in Heaven--NOT the case! Yes, the beniegts were good, but it was downhill from there. With a mixture of breakfast entrees, NONE of us thought our dishes came together! In fact, 2 were not even palatable enough to finish. One of the reasons I chose this spot was because of the lovely picture of the outdoor seating that I saw online. It appears to be on a lawn behind the restaurant, instead though, it is in front by the valet & some parking--no lovely view. I would not recommend this restaurant, nor would I go back for a second round--big waste of time & money!
- Old 4 W - SerpasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We always know that Serpas will be consistent on food, service, and ambience. We took a friend who was visiting and wanted to get an idea for the local restaurant scene to Serpas. He loved what he ordered. Serpas is one of the restaurants that a foodie should at least give a try once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menu, Amazing FoodPigletthefoodieDined on 8/15/2014Everything about Serpas was great! Their specialty drinks, the crab cream cheese fritters, the pigs in a blanket and the salmon chips appetizers were all so delicious. We decided to go for something different so we ordered the Venison entree cooked medium rare. It was wonderful! Cooked perfect and had tons of flavor. I'm excited to go back and check out their brunch menu soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serpas can just be magicJoeSDined on 8/15/2014Dined at Serpas last Friday...staff at Serpas is uniformly outstanding -- competent, responsive, not intrusive. Food was just delightful. It was just the perfect evening.Special Features:
- I don't know the area, so I...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Asked my salon's booking agent for a recommendation and she suggested Serpas. I am so glad she did. I was meeting a very old friend that I had not seen in a while and the setting was perfect! It was centrally located for both of us, the cocktails were lovely and suited to our tastes and the food was outstanding! We had a very pleasant reunion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Casual GluttonTheCasualGluttonDined on 8/10/2014www.thecasualglutton.WordPress.com Still need to go for dinner.Special Features:
- Tasty and fun.DinerJBDined on 8/9/2014Service was attentive and friendly. Salmon chips were outstanding. Pork chop and venison very good also. It's a little loud if that kind of thing bothers you. Fun place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as always; poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We had delicious small plates- peach sald, salmon chips were very nice but the favorite was the tuna tartar. Our waiter left plenty to be desired- he had no knowledge of the wine list, brought the wrong wine, overcharged (for the wrong wine) when our bill arrived, and said it on because it covers the extra salmon chip the manager brought you so that everyone at the table could have one (5 ladies). Word to the manager- you don't bring something extra ton the table like you are making a gracious gesture and then slip in the charge on the bill. Extremely TACKY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchBjamDined on 8/3/2014try the fried oysters eggs benedict - my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and DrinksiahawksDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I select a new restaurant to try every year for our anniversary. This year we tried Serpas and it was AMAZING. Our waiter was awesome at explaining the chef, the cocktails, and the menu. He listened to our questions and guided us based on what we liked. I had the Berkshire Pork and grits and they both melted in my mouth. My husband had a skirt steak and it was also mouth watering, we would definitely go back and take friends and family, and recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining alfrescoBeaheroDined on 8/1/2014Listen to Doug or Summer, the high quality servers to guide your experience. We enjoyed the best service ever from them, as we sampled from one of the best menus in the South. Sherpas has become our go to place for a white tablecloth experience on a terrace we can dress casually on. The neighborhood is vibrant and filled with active busy adults with things to do. We park on the curb, and are treated like VIPs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014Always love Serpas. One of my all time favorites here in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CousinDined on 7/26/2014Always wanted to try Octopus, and it was amazing. We had the Venison and the Ribeye Steak both were cooked perfect and everything that came with the meal was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014We dined outside - more intimate. Inside more energetic, fabulous bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service as always!Gobucks1Dined on 7/25/2014Our party of 9 had a great time. The food was delicious as always--can't miss out on the tuna tartar or flash fried oysters...Beecher, our server was great. We try to request him when he is working since he always provides top rate service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to CelebrateMediationMommyDined on 7/20/2014This restaurant was wonderful. It provided a spin on food preparation and service that is like no other we have found in the area. Our first impression was with the valet and he was fantastic. I am sure our valet was the owner and he had wonderful recommendations from the menu and treated us as though we were old friends - a trait I personally like. The hostess was attentive and seated us in an area with no drafts as we requested. The waiter was awesome and gave great service. He was the perfect representation of Serpas!Special Features:
- Excellent fooddragonDined on 7/20/2014This place is consistently great and has the best Tuna Tartare in the city!!!!Special Features:
- Salmon Chips Amazing!PoolgaleatsVIPDined on 7/19/2014Birthday dinners or an evening out with friends, you will love many selections from the menu. Scott does it right!!Special Features:
- Best Pork Chop in AtlantaDaveyboy211Dined on 7/12/2014My title says it all; best pork chop in Atlanta. This is my third time at Serpas, and my second time getting the pork chop. It's worth it. I had dreams about it afterwards! My lady friend got the scallops, which were also exceptional. We will definitely be coming back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usual!JojodukDined on 7/11/2014This was my third time at Serpas and once again had a great meal. My dad raved about the trout and my steak was a perfect medium with that perfect crisp on the outside. Everyone enjoyed their food and drinks and the server was attentative and personable. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for birthday dinner!NewOrleansFoodieDined on 7/10/2014The only bad news: the lobster special was way below par for Serpas. The good news: every other aspect of our meal was "top drawer" -- cocktails; a great Spanish white wine; appetizers (salmon on giant chips and flash fried oysters - should have ordered more as my main course; a Serpas signature dish); desserts (bread pudding and beignets). Plus we could not have asked for better service. Love this restaurant and will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fabulous!DaveDined on 7/9/2014It was my second time to Serpas, and the experience was as good as the first. After our Valentine's Day dinner, we decided to take out of town relatives there to see what else they had to offer. The food, the service, the wine list... everything was just perfect. Every part of the experience was wonderful, and I would recommend Serpas to any couple or group who is looking for an extraordinary dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2014Always great food! Great spot for groups!! Drinks are slow getting started, but worth the wait. Always enjoy and include Serpas on my trip schedule!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 7/9/2014Outstandingly delicious! Great selection of entrees and salads. Pleasant wait staff. Great waiter. Overall a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- A must-do when in AtlantaRoadwarriorVIPDined on 7/9/2014SERPAS is a must-do when you are in Atlanta. Don't leave without having dinner here. Our party of four had the duck, flounder, strip steak and chicken wrapped in bacon. Each meal was SUPERB, gloriously presented, and inventive. The beet salad was wonderful. The white chocolate bread pudding was over the top lick- the- container- it- came- in good. Do what you have to do to have a meal at this DIVINE restaurant. Staff is well-trained, gracious and welcoming. This restaurant just jumped onto my list of favorite restaurants anywhere on the planet. Don't miss it. If I lived in Atlanta, I'd go there weekly. It's not to be missed.Special Features:
- Awesome foodmeme1953VIPDined on 7/8/2014In Atlanta for business and Serpas was recommended. Blown away by how good it was. Got the Bacon wrapped chicken. Don't miss this place if in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, good servicemaryDined on 7/6/2014Great pick to catch up with old friends, server was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!!Foodie123Dined on 7/6/2014I will definitely be dining at Serpas again. The brunch was phenomenal. I had the shrimp and scallops w/ grits then added jumbo lump crabmeat. Deelish!!!! The scallops were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sheriVIPDined on 7/5/2014We went for our anniversary, and it was wonderful -- the food, service, wine, ambiance, everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014First time for dinner after experiencing 2 years of their crawfish boil (very well done as well). Dinner meal was very good. The pork chop was like a steak, melt in your mouth. Red Snapper was also very good and the mashed potatoes were excellent and i'm not a big potato fan. Portions were very good as well, not bite sized but not so much that you didn't have room for some of the bread pudding or peach pie, both were very good i might add. I'm looking forward to trying the brunch as it looks great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!1knowfoodDined on 7/3/2014Great food, great staff. Everything I've had has been soooooo very good. Thanks for the consistent level of excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemFatgirlinathickgirlbodyDined on 7/2/2014Third time visting this spot this year. I love the salmon chips and tuna tar tar. Pork chop is the best thing on the menu. I have also tried the egg Benedict for bruch (amazing) flavor. Service is always great, regardless of the crowd. Best server is a Guy that name stars with a B. Sorry can't spell it, but he is attentively the best!!!!! Please try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food in an unlikely spotpartyofoneandthensomeVIPDined on 6/29/2014My cabbie thought I was crazy when I told him where I was heading, but I regret nothing. Serpas was utterly fantastic food, and space and service were great. There is outdoor seating available, but Atlanta in July sends me into the AC real quick. Our party of 7 had nothing but excellent reviews of each dish, each drink. The eggplant hushpuppies and lemon-crab fritters were house favorites, although everyone argued that their entree was the best, and we managed to squeeze in a couple shared (equally fantastic) desserts. Really, really delicious. I would go back in a heartbeat; and one of our party, who lives three hours away, was preparing to convince her husband that it warranted an occasional date night!Special Features:
- stardiner08Dined on 6/29/2014Great location for brunch with friends. Chris was an awesome server!Special Features:
- Fans all the wayPoolgaleatsVIPDined on 6/28/2014Scott Serpas knows how to treat his customers! As always, salmon chips were amazing and the grouper was prepared excellently and perfect for a summer evening. Never fails to be anything other than excellent.Special Features:
- terrelynVIPDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed a relaxing meal in a comfortable setting. The wait staff is very knowledgeable of the menu and made great suggestions. We had a great meal and will definitely return soon.Special Features: