659 Auburn Ave #501
Atlanta, GA 30312Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://serpasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (404) 688-0040
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Scott Serpas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Serpas
The eponymous venture from Atlanta favorite, Chef Scott Serpas, is located in the heart of the culturally rich neighborhood at the intersection of Irwin Street and Auburn Avenue. Enjoy menu items that reflect the Louisiana, Southwestern and Asian inspirations of Serpas' career. The innovative American comfort cuisine encompasses fresh ingredients that emit comforting flavors handcrafted by Serpas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Serpas - Best Restaurants in Inman Park ›
Serpas reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)neighborhood gem (111)good for groups (77)special occasion (59)great for brunch (49)hot spot (36)romantic (31)great for outdoor dining (25)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (10)scenic view (9)late-night find (6)Show More
- 50 th birthday dinner a successOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Great customer service-- Jeff White the manager took excellent care regarding our plans and making sure everything was on point. Waiter went above and beyond. Lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2014We went on a Sunday night so it was not crowded and the noise level was not a problem. Service was attentive and pleasant. I had the Sunday night dinner special which was very good and enough to eat although the portion is smaller than normal courses. Pleasant atmosphere and an enjoyable evening
- Serpas hits the mark every timeThomoVIPDined on 11/15/2014I have been to Serpas several times and it has been great each time. Fantastic menu selections, especially the trout and the red fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eats all the timeFoodisjoyVIPDined on 11/11/2014Always a go-to for excellent seasonal food with enough variety and favorites to come back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch on SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/9/2014Hubby and I went to Serpas for Sunday Brunch and we knew immediately that we'd have to come back because there were so many good options on the menu. The restaurant is very open and filled with natural light. Our waiter was fantastic and made recommendations for both of us. We sat next to a group who saw us "eyeing" their food and they offered us samples! Thank goodness we refused because our food was amazing and the portions were generous. Overall impression, Serpas is great place for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Loved the salmon chips; large portion. Pork chops were moist and very tasty.Special Features:
- great first time experiencetimatlantaDined on 11/7/2014The food and service was fantastic - oh, and the recommended cocktail was too (preparation culminated with a sliver of orange being ignited and dropped into the glass). I wish I could remember our waiter's name, because he was worth giving a specific shout-out to - he provided the level of service that you typically only receive in the highest-priced restaurants. In other words, you get a lot of bang for your buck at Serpas. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Best BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Serpas does a wonderful brunch. The food has a New Orleans touch. Try the oyster eggs Benedict! The service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch Menu!GlutenFreeButLoveToEatDined on 11/2/2014We went to brunch before going to see the matinee of Phantom of the Opera. They were very timely and we did not have a problem at all getting to the play on time. In our party, we had someone that does not like eggs, two picky teenagers and someone with celiac disease (can't eat wheat or gluten). Everybody was happy! We all ordered something different, it all looked good and most importantly - tasted great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014The salmon chips are fabulous! Their signature drinks are delish and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/1/2014Serpas was great. The best soup, salmon chips, and beignets we have ever tasted. Chris took great care of us.Special Features:
- Visiting from ClarkstonNaborDined on 11/1/2014We rarely write reviews on our Open Table experiences, but this spot warranted a mention due to its great value. The food and service were outstanding. Unique combinations that you would expect to pay more for elsewhere. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in AtlantaBrunchLoverDined on 10/26/2014The begneits were fantastic and so were the biscuits and homemade jelly!! The best cheese grits ever...yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun start to a nightEF721Dined on 10/25/2014Salmon chips and calimari were both enjoyed. The chicken was nice, but not special. The drinks were original. Service was courteous, maybe a little too aggressive. It won't be the best meal you ever had, but you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- SerpasalwayshungryDined on 10/25/2014The food at Serpas rivals any of the more expensive dinner places in Atlanta. I had a house bourbon cocktail that was excellent and the waiter did this trick with a lighter and the orange peel that was good entertainment. We started with a house salad and crab fritters. The house salad had some nice touches but the fritters were a huge hit. I had the Venison Flank entree and it was very very good with lots of nice flavors. My wife had the flounder and it was dressed with a very tasty sauce. Overall, it was magnificent birthday dinner.Special Features:
- probably wont go backChase22Dined on 10/24/2014I'm disappointed because I was recommended this restaurant from a friend. She claimed "it gets better every time I go."This restaurant could really benefit from some sort of fabric hanging to catch the sound.. it was LOUD! the appetizers are pretty small, only a few bites on each plate. I ordered the scallops which was the favorite at our table when compared to everyone's dish.. don't order the trout. the waitress who wasn't very friendly at all, said the trout was the number one seller... none of us could figure out why? it lacked flavor.. I was giving my mom and boyfriend my creamed corn from the scallops to eat with their trout to add flavor.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseGerryB06Dined on 10/21/2014When I first heard about Serpas I wasn't sure what to expect because I rarely venture into that part of town. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality and taste of the food. You will not be disappointed if you choose to dine at Serpas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden treasurenewfoodielaurioDined on 10/19/2014Serpas is my new favorite. The atmosphere, the food, the staff. It was all perfection. I went for Brunch with my mother and we had a great exoerience. I can't wait to go back with a date. I told everyone I know and posted on Facebook. The Flash Fried Oysters are the best thing I have ever eaten. Divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- O4W does it again...willeatgreatfoodDined on 10/19/2014So nice to have such great food so close to home. This place is definitely worth visiting regularly.Special Features:
- Finally!Love2EatVIPDined on 10/18/2014I've finally found a place with the perfect balance of an exquisite, and thoughtful menu. Each dish I tasted was properly seasoned and cooked to perfection. Our party ordered the calamari, duck rolls, scallops entree, vegetarian entree... 2 others I can't remember. What a chef! What really stood out is the service from the valet, to the waiter and management. I'm looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TigerTigerVIPDined on 10/18/2014Excellent reception. Very attentive staff. We were seated promptly and waited on immediately. My out-of-town guests truly enjoyed the meal and experience. Great evening.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicekurtkDined on 10/18/2014Great food and excellent service. Cant say enough about how good food was. Waitress was knowledgeable about menu and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessicaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/17/2014Found this gem on open table and decided to try it out because the menu looked so yummy. The chef is from New Orleans and the food definitely has a NOLA flare. The tuna tartar was delicious and a pretty generous portion. I had the seared flounder with broccoli ribe pesto and hazelnut sauce...great flavors, good sized portions, and nice presentation. The only thing to note is it is quite loud in the resturant because it has the loft like feel so if you are looking for a quiet romantic dinner this might not be your place. We went on a fun date night and it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did NOT disappoint!!!EileenVIPDined on 10/17/2014Returned to Serpas for a second time which did NOT disappoint! Sara/h was our server, who was gracious and didn't Rush our evening. I brought my husband on this trip to see our daughter and her best friend...Of course the pigs in a blanket was an absolute-then the eggplant hushpuppies were INSANE GOOD!!!! For those who do NOT think grilled octopus is good, PLEASE THINK AGAIN AND GIVE THIS APP A CHANCE!!! Two of us had the bacon wrapped chicken, which melted in our mouths/the pork chop was oh, so tender and the flounder special, so light and tasty...I will definitely make this one of my go-to places whenever I visit!Special Features:
- Great NightDinersDelightVIPDined on 10/17/2014The evening was perfect. The food and service were excellent. Great suggestions from the server. We were trying each other's appetizers and entrees and they were all very good. I would be hard pressed to pick out the best one.Special Features:
- Nice neighbor restaurantFrequentdinerVIPDined on 10/14/2014Great menu, food very good. Service was excellent. Management was very attentive .Special Features:
- Our Good Report!!cld6Dined on 10/12/2014Serpas is always a great spot for us on Sunday's for brunch. Love the food and atmosphere. Especially enjoy the ability to make priority reservations and walk right in to be seated!!!Special Features:
- 1knowfoodDined on 10/5/2014Took friends visiting from San Francisco and love great food. Serpas was a hit "out of the park"! We had the Sunday Supper which was wonderful. One of them had the duck and thought it very good. You guys never disappoint! They adored the oyster appetizer! Wanted more! Thanks for a great evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CookieCrumbsVIPDined on 9/30/2014Always the best!!! Fabulous Food and amazing Service!!!! Scott Serpas and his team deliver fabulous food at reasonable prices!Special Features:
- Serpas SatisfiesInmanParkDinerDined on 9/28/2014A friend posted a photo of her Serpas brunch meal on Instagram and I immediately texted her to see what restaurant the meal was from. She told me about Serpas and I realized it was right in my neighborhood! I was able to quickly make reservations via OpenTable and I couldn't have picked a better new brunch spot. The beignets were TD4 (to die for) and the belinis were refreshing. My friend and I both got the seafood omelete which did not disappoint. The ginger lemonades were nice, but a little too 'gingery' for me. I will definitely be visiting this restaurant for brunch or dinner one day to tryp some other menu items.Special Features:
- ValeriDined on 9/28/2014This is a fun energetic place for brunch, but I was not wowed by the food. I had the mixed berry pancakes, which had woefully few berries on them and they had already been doused in more maple syrup than I would have used. My husband has the creole omelet, which was good but not great. However, the cronuts that we had to start were delicious. We had good service and the atmosphere was fun, so we will try it again, but order something different.Special Features:
- Best brunch in Atlantalil247VIPDined on 9/28/2014I'm not a huge brunch person since I am continually disappointed with brunch food in general in Atlanta but finally found a place that is low hype but crave-worthy food. Much better than places like Highland Bakery, Rosebud, etc. etc. Biscuits are like crack. The short rib w/ poached egg (I get it without hollandaise) is amazing. The hash brown potatoes are actually crispy which is hard to find at other places. The shrimp and grits was also one of the best in town along with Wisteria. Will definitely keep going back, even though we're not brunch people! The only negative is that the food does take quite a while to come out even when there aren't that many people. But well worth the wait, so if you're not in a hurry, a great place!!!Special Features:
- Kismet BirthdayolderandwiserDined on 9/27/2014There for my birthday celebration & our waiter, Chris -- Same Birthday !! We had a lot of fun.... He was an amazing guy! If I had one bad moment it was with the Nut at the Door... who does she think she is? Oh my. But the boys at the bar, charming. The food fantastic, always. The service terrific. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining near the BeltlineOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014Even though this restaurant has been there for a while, we just discovered it exploring the Beltline. Per our valet's suggestion (there's also street and bike parking), we started with the salmon chips--four large chips heaped with exquisite smoked salmon, red onion, capers. For the main course my husband had the veal scallopini, and I had the redfish. Both were delicious. Generous wine by the glass portion of better than usual quality. It was so difficult choosing from all the menu options, we plan to go back soon to sample more.Special Features:
- Great foodJDubDined on 9/25/2014As usual my Serpas experience was excellent all around. Food was delicious. Servers were nice and greatmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 2nd experience!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014We've been to Serpas twice just recently and both times for Sunday brunch. Great service, hot food, wonderful flavors, super wait staff, just a really great place to eat. Can't wait to have dinner at Serpas.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServicenikkiT25VIPDined on 9/20/2014Met two girlfriends there for dinner. None of us had ever been there before. Drove up and was greeted by nice valet guy. Inside host was nice. We had made reservations but they were not packed so that was nice. Our sever was great. I had the pork chop...Oh My God...it was Good! My girlfriends both had the ribeye and talked about how good it was. We tried desert and it was sooo good- fried pie and the cheesecake. Great Experience. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great spot for dinner and drinksO4WdinerDined on 9/19/2014This was my second visit and it was just a good as my first time. Great food (Tuna tartar was excellent!), atmosphere and service. The wine list was a bit weak (only 4 Cabernets) but reasonably priced. The mixed drinks were great (they use real lime juice not Roses lime) and the manager was present but not checking on us every 20 minutes. Nice atmosphere and plenty of space so comfortable. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice relaxed eveningelvisDined on 9/19/2014Food was good. Salmon chips are a must. Duck was prepared well. Veal was outstanding. Great menu and service was Certus Dixieland attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L5PGuyDined on 9/17/2014Serpas consistently delivers great food complimented by attentive service in a relaxing environment. Scott Serpas and manager, Jeff, always visit with diners to inquire about the food and welcome feedback. The service staff are knowledgeable about the wine list and offer up good suggestions for pairings. The menu changes seasonally and the veal scallopini is new, and delicious. The only negative is because of the brick and glass walls, the room gets loud as it fills up late in the evening. If you want to converse with a group of friends, go early or sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.