659 Auburn Ave #501
Atlanta, GA 30312Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://serpasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 404-688-0040
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Scott Serpas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Serpas
The eponymous venture from Atlanta favorite, Chef Scott Serpas, is located in the heart of the culturally rich neighborhood at the intersection of Irwin Street and Auburn Avenue. Enjoy menu items that reflect the Louisiana, Southwestern and Asian inspirations of Serpas' career. The innovative American comfort cuisine encompasses fresh ingredients that emit comforting flavors handcrafted by Serpas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Serpas - Best Restaurants in Inman Park ›
Serpas reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)neighborhood gem (113)good for groups (72)special occasion (64)great for brunch (52)hot spot (40)great for outdoor dining (37)romantic (36)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (8)Show More
- Pleasant SurpriseGerryB06Dined on 10/21/2014When I first heard about Serpas I wasn't sure what to expect because I rarely venture into that part of town. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality and taste of the food. You will not be disappointed if you choose to dine at Serpas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden treasurenewfoodielaurioDined on 10/19/2014Serpas is my new favorite. The atmosphere, the food, the staff. It was all perfection. I went for Brunch with my mother and we had a great exoerience. I can't wait to go back with a date. I told everyone I know and posted on Facebook. The Flash Fried Oysters are the best thing I have ever eaten. Divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- O4W does it again...willeatgreatfoodDined on 10/19/2014So nice to have such great food so close to home. This place is definitely worth visiting regularly.Special Features:
- TigerTigerVIPDined on 10/18/2014Excellent reception. Very attentive staff. We were seated promptly and waited on immediately. My out-of-town guests truly enjoyed the meal and experience. Great evening.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicekurtkDined on 10/18/2014Great food and excellent service. Cant say enough about how good food was. Waitress was knowledgeable about menu and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessicaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/17/2014Found this gem on open table and decided to try it out because the menu looked so yummy. The chef is from New Orleans and the food definitely has a NOLA flare. The tuna tartar was delicious and a pretty generous portion. I had the seared flounder with broccoli ribe pesto and hazelnut sauce...great flavors, good sized portions, and nice presentation. The only thing to note is it is quite loud in the resturant because it has the loft like feel so if you are looking for a quiet romantic dinner this might not be your place. We went on a fun date night and it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did NOT disappoint!!!EileenVIPDined on 10/17/2014Returned to Serpas for a second time which did NOT disappoint! Sara/h was our server, who was gracious and didn't Rush our evening. I brought my husband on this trip to see our daughter and her best friend...Of course the pigs in a blanket was an absolute-then the eggplant hushpuppies were INSANE GOOD!!!! For those who do NOT think grilled octopus is good, PLEASE THINK AGAIN AND GIVE THIS APP A CHANCE!!! Two of us had the bacon wrapped chicken, which melted in our mouths/the pork chop was oh, so tender and the flounder special, so light and tasty...I will definitely make this one of my go-to places whenever I visit!Special Features:
- Great NightDinersDelightVIPDined on 10/17/2014The evening was perfect. The food and service were excellent. Great suggestions from the server. We were trying each other's appetizers and entrees and they were all very good. I would be hard pressed to pick out the best one.Special Features:
- Nice neighbor restaurantFrequentdinerVIPDined on 10/14/2014Great menu, food very good. Service was excellent. Management was very attentive .Special Features:
- Our Good Report!!cld6Dined on 10/12/2014Serpas is always a great spot for us on Sunday's for brunch. Love the food and atmosphere. Especially enjoy the ability to make priority reservations and walk right in to be seated!!!Special Features:
- 1knowfoodDined on 10/5/2014Took friends visiting from San Francisco and love great food. Serpas was a hit "out of the park"! We had the Sunday Supper which was wonderful. One of them had the duck and thought it very good. You guys never disappoint! They adored the oyster appetizer! Wanted more! Thanks for a great evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CookieCrumbsVIPDined on 9/30/2014Always the best!!! Fabulous Food and amazing Service!!!! Scott Serpas and his team deliver fabulous food at reasonable prices!Special Features:
- Serpas SatisfiesInmanParkDinerDined on 9/28/2014A friend posted a photo of her Serpas brunch meal on Instagram and I immediately texted her to see what restaurant the meal was from. She told me about Serpas and I realized it was right in my neighborhood! I was able to quickly make reservations via OpenTable and I couldn't have picked a better new brunch spot. The beignets were TD4 (to die for) and the belinis were refreshing. My friend and I both got the seafood omelete which did not disappoint. The ginger lemonades were nice, but a little too 'gingery' for me. I will definitely be visiting this restaurant for brunch or dinner one day to tryp some other menu items.Special Features:
- ValeriDined on 9/28/2014This is a fun energetic place for brunch, but I was not wowed by the food. I had the mixed berry pancakes, which had woefully few berries on them and they had already been doused in more maple syrup than I would have used. My husband has the creole omelet, which was good but not great. However, the cronuts that we had to start were delicious. We had good service and the atmosphere was fun, so we will try it again, but order something different.Special Features:
- Best brunch in Atlantalil247VIPDined on 9/28/2014I'm not a huge brunch person since I am continually disappointed with brunch food in general in Atlanta but finally found a place that is low hype but crave-worthy food. Much better than places like Highland Bakery, Rosebud, etc. etc. Biscuits are like crack. The short rib w/ poached egg (I get it without hollandaise) is amazing. The hash brown potatoes are actually crispy which is hard to find at other places. The shrimp and grits was also one of the best in town along with Wisteria. Will definitely keep going back, even though we're not brunch people! The only negative is that the food does take quite a while to come out even when there aren't that many people. But well worth the wait, so if you're not in a hurry, a great place!!!Special Features:
- Kismet BirthdayolderandwiserDined on 9/27/2014There for my birthday celebration & our waiter, Chris -- Same Birthday !! We had a lot of fun.... He was an amazing guy! If I had one bad moment it was with the Nut at the Door... who does she think she is? Oh my. But the boys at the bar, charming. The food fantastic, always. The service terrific. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining near the BeltlineOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014Even though this restaurant has been there for a while, we just discovered it exploring the Beltline. Per our valet's suggestion (there's also street and bike parking), we started with the salmon chips--four large chips heaped with exquisite smoked salmon, red onion, capers. For the main course my husband had the veal scallopini, and I had the redfish. Both were delicious. Generous wine by the glass portion of better than usual quality. It was so difficult choosing from all the menu options, we plan to go back soon to sample more.Special Features:
- Great foodJDubDined on 9/25/2014As usual my Serpas experience was excellent all around. Food was delicious. Servers were nice and greatmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 2nd experience!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014We've been to Serpas twice just recently and both times for Sunday brunch. Great service, hot food, wonderful flavors, super wait staff, just a really great place to eat. Can't wait to have dinner at Serpas.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServicenikkiT25VIPDined on 9/20/2014Met two girlfriends there for dinner. None of us had ever been there before. Drove up and was greeted by nice valet guy. Inside host was nice. We had made reservations but they were not packed so that was nice. Our sever was great. I had the pork chop...Oh My God...it was Good! My girlfriends both had the ribeye and talked about how good it was. We tried desert and it was sooo good- fried pie and the cheesecake. Great Experience. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great spot for dinner and drinksO4WdinerDined on 9/19/2014This was my second visit and it was just a good as my first time. Great food (Tuna tartar was excellent!), atmosphere and service. The wine list was a bit weak (only 4 Cabernets) but reasonably priced. The mixed drinks were great (they use real lime juice not Roses lime) and the manager was present but not checking on us every 20 minutes. Nice atmosphere and plenty of space so comfortable. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice relaxed eveningelvisDined on 9/19/2014Food was good. Salmon chips are a must. Duck was prepared well. Veal was outstanding. Great menu and service was Certus Dixieland attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Serpas consistently delivers great food complimented by attentive service in a relaxing environment. Scott Serpas and manager, Jeff, always visit with diners to inquire about the food and welcome feedback. The service staff are knowledgeable about the wine list and offer up good suggestions for pairings. The menu changes seasonally and the veal scallopini is new, and delicious. The only negative is because of the brick and glass walls, the room gets loud as it fills up late in the evening. If you want to converse with a group of friends, go early or sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoitned!PhilPittDined on 9/16/2014The food is always great. I have never been disappointed. The quality is always consistent. This is a great find. Wonderful service from the entire staff. We always feel special when we come.Special Features:
- Delicious salmonDinersDelightVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went for restaurant week. The salmon was delicious. The service attentive but not over bearing and the fried berry pie divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PizzaPassionVIPDined on 9/14/2014Recently dined at Serpas for dinner on a Sunday night. Tasty, southern-inspired, fresh, seasonal food, which would be even better if they lightened up a bit on the sauces (particularly on the fried oysters). We enjoyed the oysters and the fresh house salad, the salmon and trout, the bread pudding, and a few of the sides. Service was very friendly and speedy, but servers placed the wrong item in front of the wrong person for each of our 3 courses - we were only 2 people. Industrial interior is pretty and chic, but it gets loud/noisy. Despite the service glitches and the noise, we would definitely return for the delicious food.
- second trip another successOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/14/2014Shrimp appetizer was awesome. My husband does not even care much for shrimp and commented how he wanted more. His steak was good and my trout was too. The blueberry fried pie however made me melt. I did not share. Iay go back everday just for this dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantDiningGirlDined on 9/14/2014We picked this restaurant for Sunday brunch just prior to an area tour of homes. Arrived at 1145am to a friendly greeting and a very sparsely filled space. As the restaurant steadily filled with diners, the noise level increased quite a bit. If filled to capacity, I would imagine that it may be very hard to converse! But the food is ABSOLUTLEY wonderful!! The beignets are melt in your mouth delicious to begin the dining experience and the short rib eggs benedict was a good choice. The ribs were tender and very flavorful and the eggs perfectly prepared. Our server was attentive and kept hot coffee and water cups & glasses filled. The complimentary valet was quite a nice bonus! We will be back!Special Features:
- Good ambiencelperezmartinDined on 9/13/2014I would definetely recommend this place to go for a drink, but not to have dinner. The service was terrible, very slow and we even had to send a dish back to the kitchen because it was undercooked. They gave us the choice to pick sonething to go and even that took too long. I have to admit the dessert was great.Special Features:
- Nice DinnerOutforbirthdayVIPDined on 9/13/2014Menu offered many options, even vegetarian options. Food was tasty and service was great!Special Features:
- Really good,jdpeters92Dined on 9/12/2014So this was my second time there and they didn't have the veal porterhouse that I absolutely loved. The appetizers were great and if you enjoy a speciality American new orleans style food. I have only 2 complaints, I wish the menu was a little more expansive but the quality of the food is more than enough to keep me coming back. 2nd I had a bit of rude experience with the waiter about the tip, but that not enough to put a bad taste in my mouth about Serpus. The chef did come out and speak and the manager was so nice, I really do enjoy it and I will be going back for that porterhouse. Overall I really enjoy serpus, it's a great date spot, great atmosphere, and the prices aren't that unreasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealallenDined on 9/12/2014Salmon chips were great as usual. Scallops, salmon and halibut were well prepared, sides were good with entrees, our service was excellent. Rib-eye steak had gristle and was not what we expected. We had a corner table that was not too noisy. The valet parking makes getting there very easy. One of our favorite restaurants for special occasions!Special Features:
- Excellent - would go againdkalDined on 9/10/2014I never leave reviews but Serpas deserved one. We went there for Midtown Restaurant Week and got the braised crispy tacos/pork shoulder agnolotti/pot de creme and tomato bisque/pan roasted salmon/sticky toffee pudding. All of the food was superb. Service was not bad, but not always super attentive (waited a while for my coke to initially arrive, had to wait for refills, had to wait a while to get the bill) but food delivery met expectations and came out in a timely manner. The space is great - it's wide open but not warehouse-y. However, some seats would be pretty bad (i.e. anyone facing the bland brick wall) and don't think there was a single noise dampener in the place - it was fairly noisy for us, but the restaurant wasn't packed.Special Features:
- InexcusablyPoor, Ridiculous ServiceNospacesMorewordsDined on 9/6/2014We had 3 appetizers, 3 entrees, & 1 dessert. Absolutely one of the best meals we've ever had. HOWEVER, even though we've been to Serpas several times, the service once again was so terrible that I don't think we'd ever go back & I'd certainly not recommend this restaurant to anyone whom I cared about. (The asst mgr on duty was phenomenally caring and apologetic.) But the service never improved & the manager, who stopped at our table to check on our food, made one of the most ridiculous comments we've ever heard in a restaurant. One of us ordered the ribeye, cooked medium-rare on the rare side. She was served a medium steak & when we asked the mgr about its doneness, he said it looked medium due to the angle of the setting sun. WHAT??Special Features:
- Beltline Lantern ParadeBeaheroDined on 9/6/2014We went with another couple for dinner the night of the lantern parade. The weather caused is to eat inside, so it was our first time not on the patio. Our salmon chip appetizer was splendid as always, and the bacon wrapped goat cheese figs were, too. We split a main, the halibut, which was plenty good. Dessert was beignets split between my date and I. Love them. The paraders slowly filtered by outside in increasingly outlandish adornments. We had a front row seat on the glass wall until we left our first seating dinner. We spent $92 for an experience.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDinersDelightVIPDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful experience from start to finish. Definitely would like to come back and try dinner now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We've been here several times before, and each time has been a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverchargedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014I kept thinking that I didn't recall Serpas being that expensive but the check was $160 for 3 people. When I for home I saw two items never ordered at my table. Last time in going there. I was embarrassed because I had invited two people and they weren't happySpecial Features:
- The best pork chop ever !!!jonc413Dined on 8/27/2014I absolutely adore pork chops. Yet, when dining out, i usually find that they are dry or too rare....Sepas' chop was perfect!!! AND....what a wonderful pairing of green and grits...DIVINESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to love!MaggieDined on 8/24/2014For brunch we tried pigs in a blanket - best andouille sausage i have ever tasted! Eggplant hushpuppies - what's in these things that makes them sooo good! Beignets are the best in town, maybe even the county! creole omlette and short rib eggs benedict were outstanding! no words can describe how great the restaraunt and chef are. This place needs to be put on more BEST OF lists.Special Features: