Sergio's in University Circle
1903 Ford Drive
Cleveland, OH 44106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sergio's in University Circle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sergioscleveland.com/
- Phone: 2162311234
- Hours of Operation:
We serve lunch Monday-Friday from 11:30 am-2:30 pm. We are open for dinner nightly at 5:00 pm. We seat until 9 pm Monday-Thursday, and we seat until 10:00 pm on Friday and Saturday. We will remain open for larger parties, and by special request. We are closed Sunday, however our sister restaurant SARAVA at Shaker Square is open Sunday, with live Brazilian Jazz from 5-9 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Sergio Abramof
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our whole restaurant may be booked for private functions. Our dining room is perfect for an intimate rehearsal dinner, committee luncheon, or private party. Our staff of chefs, party planners, and servers offers years of experience with the goal of making your event unique and special.
- Private Party Facilities: Sergio's dining room seats 50 guests and is able to be booked for private functions. We are a preferred caterer at many of University Circle's finest institutions. Our Brazilian restaurant at Shaker Square, SARAVA, also offers private function rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Cory 2162951200
- Entertainment: Enjoy live jazz on our tropical garden patio every Wednesday and Friday during the summer.
- Special Events: Chef-Owner Sergio Abramof is available to create a menu, party, cooking demo, or event suited to your tastes.
A word from Sergio's in University Circle
Sergio's in University Circle - a smart, intimate, and sensual dining experience in the heart of Cleveland's cultural playground. Sergio brought together the delicious tastes of Italy-featuring the freshest seafood and pastas-and applied his signature cross-cultural flair! The lunch menu is simple and quick...perfect for professionals and visitors to University Circle. The dinner menu offers great deals, and a chance to revisit why Chef Sergio and his restaurants have been winning awards and praise for over 15 years! The flavors are bright and bold and our menu features local, organic, and seasonal items as often as possible. The service is casual and professional. Lunch is served Monday-Friday, and we are open for dinner nightly at 5:00 pm. We are closed Sunday, however our sister restaurant SARAVA at Shaker Square is open Sunday, with live Brazilian Jazz from 5-9 PM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sergio's in University Circle reviews from OpenTable diners
- My savvy NY cousins were impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Although we were early, our table was ready and waiting; each of our entrees was good to terrific; service was attentive without being intrusive; the waitstaff left us to linger in conversation over dessert as they finished up for the evening. Also, the kitchen accommodated a non-menu special request without a fuss (plain hamburger, plain fries - no culinary challenges for an atypical teenager). My one negative is the noise level. When the restaurant is full, it is difficult to carry on a conversation. One suggestion: my entree (sea scallops) came with no vegetable. I really would like to see some green on my entree plate.Special Features:
- Pleased with all the foodYummyDined on 3/1/2013Pleased with all the food choices; mussels were very good - garlic toast accompaniment also good; asked for additional to sop up mussel broth; dismayed to find $2.50 added cost for added toast; If we had been told of additional cost, may not have asked for it. Most fine restaurants will give extra bread at no cost.Special Features:
- Ambiance and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013Ambiance and service were the best parts. Food was good but did not knock my socks off.Special Features:
- The restaurant was ok, thereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013The restaurant was ok, there was not much for vegetarians and what there was seemed very heavy. The wine was way over priced and the seating was tight. There was no where to put a coat. The wait staff was very nice. We ended up going down the street for dessert since a big table came in and the place was suddenly deafening. I would pass on this one next time and head to the restaurant in the art museum.
- The food was good. They wereSuzyVIPDined on 2/16/2013The food was good. They were slow in bringing out the daily special menu. The level of service dropped when it came to coffee. We were a party of eight and about six ordered coffee. Four got coffee and then two got forgotten while a fresh pot was brewing. We had to hail a waitress toe get our coffee. Also the first round did not get full cups and refills were never offered. At $3.00 per cup, we should have had better service.Special Features:
- We were all very pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013We were all very pleased with Sergio's. The cold, wintry weather outside only made the ambience in Sergio's that much more romantic.Special Features:
- The food was excellent! UnfortunateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The food was excellent! Unfortunately we made reservations for 8:45pm on Valentines Day and no one at the restaurant told us the kitchen closed at 9pm until we got there. We felt rushed the entire time, very rude! Next time when they call to confirm reservations they should let the customers know that they will be coming in right before the kitchen closed or the cook should just stick around for an extra 15 minutes. The point being, you should never rush the customer. I expect better customer service from an upscale restaurant like this!Special Features:
- The food was average but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The food was average but the staff was really nice.
- Decent but may not be worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Food was good but the sausage in my pasta was very dry. Waiter was not actively coming around to his tables to check up.
- Everything was great... as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We were at Sergio's on Valentine's Day and, as usual, had an excellent experience. We were a few minutes early for our reservation but we only had to wait a minute while they finished getting our table ready. Our server was VERY knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive. The food was fantastic and arrived promptly, ensuring we would be on time for the orchestra afterwards. All in all, another fantastic dining experience at Sergio's!Special Features:
- Food was very good. WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Food was very good. Waiter was not good. He did not even offer anyone a second cocktail. He was very attentive @ all.Special Features:
- My wife and I and anothercraftmanDined on 2/1/2013My wife and I and another couple were seated just far enough from the door so we didn't get cold when the door was opened (a very cold night). The service was very good, the wait for our food was reasonable, the food was much better than average. My wife was okay with the decor, it didn't do much for me.
- Open on Mpndays!! DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2013Open on Mpndays!! Delicious food Nice ambience Close to homeSpecial Features:
- Very enjoyable:the dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013Very enjoyable:the dishes were very well prepared and tasty and the service was exceptionally goog!.
- We had a lovely meal and ourbkath2000Dined on 1/10/2013We had a lovely meal and our waitress was fantastic! We had the chocolate torte for dessert which was absolutely fantastic.Special Features:
- Sergio'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013I've driven past so many times and I am so glad we finally made the stop. What a nice time we had. We made an early reservation so there was only another table of 3 at the time. The dining area is small yet perfect in ambiance. The seats are wooden but by far more comfortable then other tables I have sat at. The waiter was professional and courteous. Even when my husband ordered two different drinks for us to try he sat them down in a way not to offend giving the wrong drink to the wrong person. Nice save. The mussels were tied for the best I've had yet they were different as well. My husband had the salmon and I went with the Grouper special. Both were delicious. This might be our new special occasion restaurant. Thanks SergioSpecial Features:
- This was our second time visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/29/2012This was our second time visiting the Sergio's & we will definitely be back again soon. The food was delicious and the service was on pointe! We also enjoyed watching the snow fall from our table view. I only wish we had found your restaurant sooner!Special Features:
- Great place for anniversaries!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Sergio's is a small, intimate restaurant (they only have seats for 50) in University Circle. My husband had the trevisana salad (which was made with very fresh ingredients, considering we went to dinner at 7pm that was a nice surprise) and the pollo romano (large romano-coated chicken breast and cavatelli.) I had the formaggio plate (which included an incredible selection of goats milk cheeses - I HIGHLY recommend this!) and the veal bolognese (and the pasta was cooked perfectly.) We rounded the evening out by sharing a dessert (chocolate terrine - sinfully delicious) and coffee and tea.While I was a little surprised they didn't have espresso, their selection of teas available was impressive.Special Features:
- Sergio's in University CircleJamieDined on 12/22/2012Valet parking and close to Severence for a concert. Nice table by front window but a bit cramped. Not much of a decor to look at inside. Food was good but not extra special given the food scene alternatives in Cleveland. Limited bar - didn't have any of three good bourbons for a nice before dinner drink - Jim Beam only. Deserts were very good, especailly the flan. Rate this place about a B- to a C+.
- Bring Back BrazilOHEngVIPDined on 12/19/2012Haven't been to Sergio's in awhile and they have changed the menu from it's earlier Brazilian to an Italian slant. I guess all the great Brazilian food went to Sergio's Sarava restaurant. Artichoke fritters were excellent, and the Penne with Ragu Bolognese was very good. The calamari was a little overcooked, but the Habanero aioli was good and spicy. The tomato/basil sauce on the seared Scallops was very tasty, but the scallops needed a harder sear to develop a better crust and got lost in the sauce. The wine list is limited, but priced reasonably, if not inexpensively Service was a bit slow and in attentive for a Wednesday night, but the restaurant was nearly full and we were in no rush. All in all, not as good as in the past.Special Features:
- Scallops were awesome! WinebartenderDined on 12/19/2012Scallops were awesome! Wine list was 'lacking'. Server never came back to ask, "Is everything okay?" Very close quarters. We could listen to our neighbors conversations without trying. Way too noisy.Special Features:
- We always think of Sergio'sKplusDVIPDined on 12/18/2012We always think of Sergio's first when we are in the Cleveland area.Special Features:
- The food was good, but theeastsidesueDined on 12/15/2012The food was good, but the service was a little slow. We sat at 6:00, right on time for our reservation, but did not get out until 7:40 and had tickets an 8:00 Orchestra performance. It was a little stressful toward the end.Special Features:
- We all enjoyed our eveningSusanritzDined on 12/15/2012We all enjoyed our evening at Sergio's in University Circle. The place is quaint, the food delicious and the waiter was exceptional. We would all return.
- When all the tables are full,mightymoDined on 12/8/2012When all the tables are full, it can get a little tight because the restaurant is small. So, diners need to take that into consideration. The food is always great. I have never had a bad meal there. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- tight quarters. couple acrossOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2012tight quarters. couple across the isle conversation volume was annoying. wine prices were high on a per glass basis, better off buying a full bottle. veal bolognese was good however the orichietti quatro formaggio with the added grilled chicken was not. the grilled chicken tasted as if they added liquid smoke to the grill.
- Excellent all around..greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/27/2012Excellent all around..great food, ambience and service. Our server was outstanding..professional and friendlySpecial Features:
- Always a pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/23/2012Always a pleasant experience to eat at Sergio's, both from a food quality as well as service perspective. However, I don't like the fact that bread is now a separate item on the bill. Also, the bread served now, although of good quality, does not equal that which has been served for the past many years.Special Features:
- Main pasta entree (cavatelliOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/17/2012Main pasta entree (cavatelli with sausage) was wonderful. Hot, tasty, enough zip to make it interesting. The soup should have been as hot. One note regarding the ambiance -- it's a small space. If there is a big, loud group in the room (as there was the night I went), it is almost impossible to hear anyone at your own table.
- BethOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/10/2012I was with 6 women, we had dinner before Madonna! The service, food and atmosphere was fabulous! Great time!! Much better than Madonna!! Can't wait to go back to Sergio's!Special Features:
- Food was excellent, couple of buttsDadOneDined on 11/2/2012Been to Sergio's several times over the years and find to be good but slightly inconsistent on service level. On night my group of 4 visited, staff was cordial, but did not show much enthusiasm for providing an "experience". Food was very good and nicely presented, so chef is on his/her game. Wine prices pretty steep with cheapest red being north of $50/bottle, which was very good but not great. So I will return, but hope for a bit more enthusiasm in service and would love to see fairer pricing on the wine.Special Features:
- An off-night at Sergio'sStephenOHVIPDined on 10/27/2012Perhaps it was an off night, but this was definitely not the type of dining experience we've had at Sergio's in the past. The restaurant was nearly empty at 8 p.m. on a Saturday. The soup of the day, which sounded great, was no longer available and, for the first time ever, there was a charge for bread and butter. Neither the hostess nor our waiter appeared to have any personality and said almost nothing. Fortunately, the food was well prepared and tasty, though a dinner portion of pasta was barely enough to cover the bottom of the plate. It's understandable that the loss of Sergio has had a huge effect on the restaurant, but I hope his legacy can live on and this off night is not typical.Special Features:
- Pre orchestra spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012great spot for pre Cleveland Orchestra dinner. The caipirinha was excellent as was the food. Good menu choices.Special Features:
- Sergio's is a favorite whenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012Sergio's is a favorite when we go to the Symphony. Perfect for a date night!Special Features:
- Excellent as always ! ServerkarlawriterDined on 10/18/2012Excellent as always ! Server was attentive and mindful of us having an orchestra committment. We opted for a selection of appetizers, salad and dessert. Each dish was delicious and spiced according to the description on the menu.Special Features:
- The relaxed atmosphere andTMDivaDined on 10/15/2012The relaxed atmosphere and unintrusive yet attentive staff made for a wonderful lunch with two friends. The caprese panini sandwich was perfect!Special Features:
- Great setting next to GliddenOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/6/2012Great setting next to Glidden House close to everything in University Circle. Small with nice ambience. A keeper.Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2012Everything was wonderful. The calamari was tasty...lightly breaded, not fishy, a great texture. The scallops melted in my mouth. My husband loved his salmon & potatoes. We finished everything including dessert as the portions are just right.Special Features:
- Disappointing overall experienceDinerVIPDined on 10/3/2012Great pasta, but the decor looks like leftover diner benches and old church tables crammed into a small space. Service was average...food delivered and server walked away..the problem was I got the wrong dish & all other servers disappeared. Food was served with no place setting. Manager needs to be on top of his/her game. I may try it again because the pasta really was delicious.
- Our first impression was notOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2012Our first impression was not good- the hostess was curt and somewhat rude. Couldn't she at least smile and welcome? The food was good, but nothing special. Shrimp appetizer lived up to waiter's description, as did the pasta dish. Fennel salad was tasty. The "second course" had variety, but nothing exciting. Salmon was good, but not anything unique. Pistachio ice cream might as well have been butter pecan. They will have to assure the their patron's trust that things won't go downhill after Sergio's death. We weren't.Special Features: