6 Roosevelt Ave
Chatham, NJ 07928Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantserenade.com/
- Phone: (973) 701-0303
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm,
Saturday Price Fixe: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
We do not take reservations for the bar.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: James Laird
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Custom menus for groups 12-50 people
- Special Events: Jacquart Champagne Dinner
Wednesday, November 19, 2014 7:30pm
125- per person
four Jacquart Champagne's, four fantastic courses!
A word from Serenade
"Dinner at this jewel-like restaurant has been described as the “ultimate level of culinary enlightenment” stated the Asbury Park Press. Serenade serves contemporary French cuisine created by the collaborated efforts of James and Nancy Laird. Come visit this beautiful restaurant located in the picturesque town of Chatham, New Jersey."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Serenade - Best Restaurants in Chatham ›
Serenade reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)fit for foodies (61)romantic (49)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (38)vibrant bar scene (17)good for groups (17)hot spot (9)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Lunch at SerenadeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2014Everything about our lunch was special. The ambiance was very soothing and warm with fireplaces all lit up. The service was friendly, accommodating, attentive but not intrusive. We both ordered the mixed grill seafood special which was outstanding. I had mentioned in my Open Table reservation that it was a birthday celebration. With our coffee, the server presented my friend with a large wafer cookie with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate and a side of sorbet. It was the perfect ending with our coffee. The whole experience made us feel very pampered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014I had been trying to make a reservation for months. Could not get in. Finally ate at Serenade this passed Saturday and it was well worth the wait. It was fantastic from start to finish. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Although the food was very good, the ambiance would be greatly improved if the restaurant used table cloths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellcent DinnerDougMDined on 11/11/2014We had an excellent meal on Tuesday night. The food was very tasty. The duck special was especially good. Service was very efficient but we never felt rushed. Overall we had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doc LonrichVIPDined on 11/8/2014I think its a great place a little pricey, but the food is consistently good. Great place for the ambiance. I like to come here when it snows or christmas time with the fireplace and the christmas lights or to watch the snow fall thru the large windows. I am glad I dont drink. Price fix 69 per person... So it better be good...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- syr11Dined on 11/8/2014We had a very varied dining experience. Started with amazing cocktails. Appetizers of butternut squash soup and tuna tartar were very good. Crab cakes were pan fried, heavy and not jumbo lump. For entrees the filet mignon, organic chicken and lobster were excellent. The tuna entree was mediocre, bland and sliced??? Overall, a very nice dining experience, but definitely overpriced. Next time we'll check out the very happening bar scene.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Absolute favorite restaurant. Food is amazing!!! Service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Always special !OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/6/2014We've been coming here for more than 5 years and are always amazed that Serenade never fails to deliver , the service is friendly and not stuffy the food delicious , be it fish or fowl ! Enjoy coming here , even though it's more of a special ocassion place , as no matter what the ocassion one leaves feeling ever so special !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair, but over rated and overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/25/2014Title says it all. The menu was actually fairly narrow and unimaginative. Everything was good, but nothing was great. But not priced for good, it was priced for great or exceptional.Special Features:
- Great timesailorDined on 10/25/2014We had a great experience. Food, service, ambiance - all together created a perfect combination. We will be back. Thank you all for hard work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food!TDVelDined on 10/22/2014My husband & I had dinner there last week to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary & the food was delectable! It was a bit pricey, but well worth every penny. I had the Seafood Celebration wine pairing menu which was excellent. My husband had the grilled octopus & the red snapper special, both excellent as well! Definitely a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014very very very disappointed with the restaurant of this caliber. very disappointing beef SPECIAL appeared which was very dry and lukewarm at best and the vegetables were definitely cold. I did not mention this very disappointing plate to the staff at the time for two reasons 1. no one ever came to us throughout the entire meal to see how things were progressing 2. I didn't want to embarrass my wife this is our 30th anniversary dinner. Additionally my wife mentioned that her soup was extremely bland. All was not bad the wine recommended was good. Serenade is advertised as a very high caliber restaurant which did not live up standards we have been been here before and we know what Serenade can do and hope to return to a better experienceSpecial Features:
- Amazing Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014This was my first time dining at Serenade and I can't say enough about it! The food was amazing. It was a Saturday night, so they only have tasting menus or pre-fixe menus. I was with my husband and another couple. I had the gnocchi appetizer, delicious. Someone else had the scallops - in season, and wonderful! Everyone loved their meal, including dessert. The service was excellent, charming and witty. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Too loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/12/2014No longer the quiet, intimate dining experience suitable for special occasions. Service was sub par with the noise level emanating From the premier salon and the bar unacceptable....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experienceLuvfoodiesDined on 10/9/2014With the exception of a 2 macaroon restaurant in France, this was the best dining experience of my life. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way over-priced, steak overcookedWolfreDined on 10/3/2014The food was fine, but for the price it should have knocked my socks off. Sea bass was nice, but the steak was charred way too much.
- Always a pleasureTNNJVIPDined on 10/1/2014A true gem where the service rivals the 5 star food. Delighted that Scott was back to bring his signature to the room. Never put off an occasion to dine here.Special Features:
- Extremely happyKQuiltDined on 9/30/2014I selected Serenade on recommendation from my sons friend and mentor - Chris - Exec. Chef @ Preakness Hills Country Club. The food was delicious, prices in line with other nice restaurants. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menu without going into NYCBrooklakeDined on 9/20/2014The tasting menus at Serenade are unique and delicious. Pair it with the suggested wines and you have a wonderful dining experience. They are willing to switch out tasting menu items but I find it best to keep it as offered unless one course really doesn't suit you. The service is attentive but not over-bearing. The vibe is sophisticated and modern. The bar is small in size but a perfect place for a pre-dinner drink or, if you can find a seat, a great place to enjoy the wonderful food in a more casual setting without a reservation.Special Features:
- lovely dinnerAndiVIPDined on 9/18/2014amazing food combinations, fig wrapped in proscuito on top of a fried green tomato! greatSpecial Features:
- Disappointing but not unexpected.CSaaDined on 9/8/2014Really just no vegetarian option, c'mon this is 2014. They meant well, but gave essentially the typical parochial suburban restaurant response: a vague offer to 'accommodate' the affliction with salad or pasta - no protein. Very polite and pleasant, even if the service was a bit disinterested (did you notice we ate under half the food?)
- Lion1Dined on 9/6/2014Always dependable for a fine meal for a special occasion. My only negative comment is when ordering the meals paired with wine, the wine become quite expensive and the pourings are small. We have now gone back to simply buying a bottle.Special Features:
- Great date night!ChathamiteDined on 9/6/2014We had not been to Serenade in a while...the last time I was disappointed with the new look (lack of table cloths) and the so-so service. We had a gift certificate and tried it on Saturday night. The lighting had been dimmed, which helped the ambiance. And the service and food were fabulous! Serenade went out of its way to serve me delicious, safe food - they were very accommodating with my allergies. Thank you, Serenade!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food n servicesuzeyesVIPDined on 9/5/2014Just delightful! Went for a birthday celebration and enjoyed everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsChathamFoodieDined on 9/5/2014Seranade has been on our regular list of places to eat for almost ten years. The food is always delicious and the wine list is impressive. We usually take the tasting menu, and have never been disappointed. Each course is paired with a carefully chosen wine and both work together to make a memorable evening. The wait staff is always attentive, but not hovering and the pace of the meal is managed quite well. At about $330 for two with tax and tip it is at the higher end, but we have many fond memories of each meal there.Special Features:
- AbtbDined on 9/3/2014Waitress jacket and waiter's apron was filthy. Husband 's meal was good but mine was not as I could not cut the meat. Dessert of cake (mediocre) and ice cream was good until my husband found a hair in the ice cream.Special Features:
- It was good, not special thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2014The service was ok. We received good suggestions on the choice of wine (needless to say starting out with pricier ones, so we asked for a specific price range and found something really good there too). The food unfortunately has become a bit more focused on quantity than quality. I started with tuna tartare with pickled mangoes and that combination somehow didn't work. Some of the greens on the tuna were wilted. Edible, but nothing special. My main course was the special (sole) which was ok too, but nothing to write home about. It sounded so interesting with the cantaloupe risotto, but ended up being very heavy (fried sole, fried squash, heavy risotto, deep fried decoration), something fresh and interesting was missing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite placsailorDined on 8/31/2014It was great as always. Thank you for your diligent effort to provide outstanding experience – food, service and ambiance were perfect. It is our favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadydocDined on 8/25/2014Great food and service, lovely wine list, one of the sole dishes I have tasted in years.Special Features:
- Excellent Service from DanielleLinSimDined on 8/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Serenade. The service was outstanding! The scallop appetizer and corn soup were delicious just as Danielle had recommended. The chicken and sole were also very good. We were too full for dessert but the complimentary sampler from the chef was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional and DependableStevenSVIPDined on 8/18/2014Always a treat. We go about once a year - heck, there's always something to celebrate. Always have a marvelous experience from the service to the food. The sommelier always stands out, always choosing something excellent and different and in a price range we're comfortable with. This is simply a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent food, overwhelmed serviceMattDined on 8/15/2014Food was great, nice decor and great wine list and sommelier. Service was clearly overwhelmed by the (high) number of guests. Seated for a while before being asked for drinks or offered menus, cocktails glasses were still on the table by the time dessert arrived... The place would deserve some table linens as it's on the higher end and the no linen-on-the-table gives a bit of a cheap feel to the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014Some welcome change on decor and dish garnish. Serenade never disappointed us. What it could have done better would be to change menu to make it a bit more exciting. Food can be a bit more innovative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usualjohnkVIPDined on 8/11/2014Once again the food and the service were fantastic. New items on menu exceeded expectations and service was discreet and helpful. A wonderful lunch that was not rushed - a very enjoyable couple of hours well spentSpecial Features:
- Seranade, simply sublime...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We have been to Seranade many times for "date night" and group dinners with friends, we have never been disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised to see stylish upgrades to the interior, while always very pretty, it now has a "wow" factor. Try this restaurant, the service is professional, the ambience is lovely and the food is sublime. PS, the toasted gnocchi is excellent!Special Features:
- wayneVIPDined on 8/9/2014always wonderful.They do it right every time.This is our go to place for special times.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableSelmaAnneVIPDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I had another wonderful meal at Serenade. This has become our favorite place for "date night." The food is always perfect and the service top notch. I have food allergies and the server went out of his way to advise me what dishes would be certain not to trigger them. The Saturday night price fix menu has more than enough variety to suit any taste. I had the scallop appetizer, which were cooked perfectly and then the lobster entree. Again, cooked perfectly. The only disappointment was that there was no amuse bouche as there had been in the past. We look forward to that as a way of having a new experience. Even without it, Serenade is as close to perfection as could be and we look forward to many more meals there.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014Delicious food and amazing and attentive service! Great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Food was good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014Excellent service and a great atmosphere but unfortunately like most restaurants in the area it is overpriced. Prices are inline with our favorite restaurants in the city and we never had to send food back like we did here. Watch out for your bar bill. With so few restaurants with a liquor license in this part of jersey they charge a premium for alcohol.Special Features:
- Consistently Great!HealthymomDined on 7/26/2014This is our favorite restaurant in the area!!! Food is Always outstanding, fresh, with interesting combinations of flavors! Service is top notch! and the sommelier is the best!!! We have never had a bad meal or bad experience at Serenade! Nancy and James Laird are true professionals and you can tell they love their restaurant!!! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 862 reviews are from the Serenade reviews archive.