Serata of Long Beach
777 West Beech Street
Long Beach, NY 11561Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Serata of Long Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seratasouth.com/
- Phone: 5166708300
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: up to 300 people
- Special Events: call for information
A word from Serata of Long Beach
We have been cooking, loving dancing and celebrating life in New York our whole lives. This restaurant is a labor of love and collaboration of the Ferrara and Gironta Families. We have travelled Italy, the Mediterranean and stateside to learn our craft and share with you what we know about eating, drinking and enjoying life. We strive to serve you lovingly preparedContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Serata of Long Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was excellent. It wasmmmmVIPDined on 10/21/2012Food was excellent. It was a Sunday evening so it was not crowded. I didn't love the giant tvs everywhere, it's not a sports bar. Although the waiter was very nice and informative, I could do without him sitting down at my table to discuss the menu, wine, etc.
- The staff was very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2012The staff was very accommodating to our children (food allergies). It is always a great place to go with a group too. Our family enjoyed the meatballs & salad appetizers best. Never quite make it to dessert (too full). Great food and service keeps us coming back for more.Special Features:
- Food was good...the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2012Food was good...the atmosphere was a little odd...playing mafia movies during dinner and then all of the sudden the DJ started pumping disco music - very loud...too loud to converse with friends over dinner....
- Open Table reservation neverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Open Table reservation never made it to restaurant! Had to remake on phone. Food was Good-not great and atmosphere was way too noisy.
- serata perfectacubaforrealVIPDined on 8/31/2012consistently excellent.. Anthony- Joe and the entire crew... thanks as usual..Special Features:
- Shame on himgoodenoughtoeatVIPDined on 8/30/2012Very Noisy...It was our dear friends 54th anniversary. We told the Matre'D that it was a special event... He assured me he would "take care of it"....Nothing was done !!! I spoke to him as I left and he appologized. So What! The place was not busy and he couldn't get even this correct...Shame on him. I will not be back because of this!
- Great food! The waiter wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2012Great food! The waiter was very nice and knowable about the menu. Would go back again......Special Features:
- A great experienceErinDined on 8/12/2012Great food, knowledgable staff, very nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Another Great Place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2012Had a wonderful time! Food is delicious and Anthony (owner) is so personable, he was extremely accommodating and very friendly. There were several TVs for those who are football fans. Later the DJ came on and played awesome 80's and 90s disco...my favorite. What a great way to work off an awesome meal. I already recommended Serata to my family and friends. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Hostess was useless. CouldLRH0503Dined on 8/10/2012Hostess was useless. Could or would not help us although we had reservations. Noisy and we just walked out. Would never ever go there again
- Fantastic from beginning toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2012Fantastic from beginning to end, an all around great experience. Shrimp Luciana was sweet and tasty. The meatballs were better than my grandmother's!! Have been here twice and can't wait to go back again!! Obviously would definitely recommend this place again!!Special Features:
- too noisy they need to addOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2012too noisy they need to add acoustical ceiling tiles and rugs on walls to absorb the noise too loud you can not hear yourself think.. food ok veal was over cooked. MAITRE D'S WERE NICE... NEEDS HELPSpecial Features:
- We are so happy to have foundReservationsDined on 7/20/2012We are so happy to have found this restaurant in our neighborhood. This is the second time we ate here and the food is delicious. Both times, we had great waiters and the owners really know how to give good service. Be sure to make a reservation as it gets very busy. The back room is less noisy than the front room near the bar. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- first time there. food wasspots25VIPDined on 7/19/2012first time there. food was great, service great., one in our group is on gluten free diet. the chef made him a special meal that was great. he was so happy, he will be going back a lot. they made it easy for him to dine there.Special Features:
- Stay AwayAJB12VIPDined on 7/14/2012This was one of the worst restaurants that I have dined at. The food was brought out late ,cold and uneatable.The service was child-like . The drinks were watered down . Nothing good about this place.
- AwfuljzgillVIPDined on 7/12/2012The decor is tacky. The food was awful. We all ordered different fish dishes that were not eatable. The potatoes were swimming in oil. The bread and dessert were good. Service was good. Prices were very high. Will not recommend for someone who likes good food.
- I think this restaurant can'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2012I think this restaurant can't make up it's mind whether it's a nightclub or a restaurant. At 9:00 it becomes a nightclub and I think that is where their heart is. The restaurant that was there previously, was excellent. I ordered the same dish I used to order and it was like day and night. It was shrimp luciano. The previous dish was served over burned green beans with pine nuts. This one was drowning in red sauce over wilted spinach. The decor is more for a nightclub and I was very disappointed because I don't think they are paying the attention they should be to the food.
- This place is awful. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/30/2012This place is awful. The service was not good and the food is just okay. They charged me 4 times incorrectly and they also charged my credit card 3 times for one meal. One of the meals they charged was for $250 dollars when our real bill was $80 dollars. They are completely disorganized. I would not recommend. The ambiance was club-like.
- great food, outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2012great food, outstanding service and a welcoming by the owner!!Special Features:
- Be prepared for the festivities...SusanVIPDined on 6/24/2012The food was quite good. The ambiance was festive to say the least. Frank Sinatra and other music was non stop. It would have been nice to have some quieter moments for table conversation. I would go again, but on a week-day night.Special Features:
- Food was good, not great,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012Food was good, not great, and drinks were over priced for neighborhood.
- Worth a try!ReservationsDined on 6/20/2012Everything we ordered was delicious and our waiter, Jamie, was excellent. We were 5 adults and 4 kids celebrating a birthday. Everyone had the best time and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Can't even review the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012The hostess could not find our reservation, said it was never received - we literally had to look at the computer screen and show her that it was right in front of her face. It was incredibly unorganized, chaotic, so many people waiting for tables.. after about 35 minutes of waiting in a cramped entry, we walked to another restaurant because diners that arrived before us were still not seated. Poor management skills - the manager or whoever the gentleman next to the hostess was - kept running around in circles, super confused and seemingly unable to handle the bookings. I would say we would give it another try but doubtful.
- We enjoyed the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2012We enjoyed the food and service immensely. Have recommended it to all of our neighbors.cSpecial Features:
- Serata by the Sea..... How nice..cubaforrealVIPDined on 6/1/2012This restaurant just opened a few weeks ago- a legacy of 3 Italian Restaurants prior- but Serata finally got it right.... Food, service, friendliness, and more..CongratsSpecial Features:
- way too noisy and all theyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/26/2012way too noisy and all they played was disco music all nightSpecial Features:
- This restaurant has the potentialLongIslanderVIPDined on 5/25/2012This restaurant has the potential to be very good, but it had just recently opened when we dined there, and they have a lot of kinks to work out, especially in the service area. Our order was lost when the "computer crashed," and one of the dishes never came out at all. The appetizers finally came out, and the dinner was brought to our table 10 minutes later. We were still eating the appetizers. The food, however, was good. Loved the look and the vibe of this place. The DJ was good, and we had fun dancing after dinner. I will definitely give this place another try in a few weeks when hopefully the kinks will be worked out.Special Features: