243 W. Broadway
Frankfort, KY 40601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.serafinifrankfort.com/
- Phone: 5028755599
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Serafini
Serafini offers fine dining in Frankfort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Serafini reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (7)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A real Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2014Serefini's has a menu that never quits. The fried green tomato BLT was the most unique and wonderful sandwich I've had in years. Went back for dinner two nights this week and the salmon and pork loin dishes were superb. Cooked perfectly with sides, relishes and sauces that blend to really make the dish. Don't pass this place up if your in Frankfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointing!GaylelesDined on 8/30/2014Began the evening with a near accident when the chair almost slipped into the floor vent. The cover wasn't fastened & waiter didn't choose to replace once moved to another chair. Lettuce wedge had lots if blu cheese & bacon but tomatoes were extremely tart. Waiter stated they were marinated 😳 ordered spicy shrimp pompodora & meatballs & spaghetti. Both had the exact same sauce, meatballs were over seasoned & dry. Expressed to waiter displeasure with food & he said he would inform chef. Bill was brought & he never returned. Don't waste your time & $$$$!
- Best up scale dining in FrankfortVerdeVDined on 8/7/2014We were looking for a "Nice" dinner out during our visit to Frankfort. My husband had the spicy shrimp pasta and I had the risotto special of the day. Both were good. Great Caesar salad for a starter. Full bar. Seated right away and service was reasonably fast.Special Features:
- Excellent Hot Brown!TimnRhondaDined on 8/5/2014Great service! Very nice server. Sits in historic Frankfort. Will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really like SerafiniKY7118Dined on 7/5/2014We really like Serafini. The food is excellent and the decor very attractive. The service is very friendly and helpful. The location is also a plus. The restaurant is about half way between Lexington and Louisville so we, who live in Lexington, often meet Louisville friends and family there. We also enjoy Serafini as a place to take or meet friends and family who are traveling the Bourbon Trail. Going to Serafini is always a treat.Special Features:
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Serafini was delightful. The hostess, waitress and manager all attended us well. The food was excellent-a great mix of Italian with local influence of ingredients and style that's inevitable and appropriate in a town of Frankfort's size. Superb wine list. My first time. I should've come sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot.ieatfoodDined on 6/10/2014Serafini still delivers a great quality dining experience, and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- The following 73 reviews are from the Serafini reviews archive.
- Fine dining in Frankfortfrancie1016Dined on 5/23/2014This is our "go to" restaurant for special occasions. It's a very nice place and close to home. The food is always good and we enjoy choosing wine from their extensive list. They also have a very good bourbon selection.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience!pleasedpreacherDined on 5/11/2014This is our second year in a row we have eaten here for Mother's Day. We returned because of last year's experience which was based upon how well we were treated and the quality of the food served. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great place to dine!Special Features:
- So-SoFranDined on 4/18/2014I have been to Serafini's on three different occasions. The service is always outstanding. The food isn't. I have had the Hot Brown, Meatballs and linguini, blackened salmon. None of it was good let alone great. Nice atmosphere, service, need a new menu (chef).Special Features:
- Nice food and wine, slow serviceKateDined on 4/14/2014Food, location and ambience is very nice. Also very good wines by the glass. Service has been courteous but VERY SLOW the last two times I've dined. I got the impression the waitstaff was over-stretched. Not sure I would return unless I had confidence something had changed about the speed and attentiveness of the service.Special Features:
- Good but not PortofinoMikesdateDined on 4/5/2014We enjoyed our meal, but it was not to the level of its sister restaurant. Expected just a little bit more.Special Features:
- Servicebuddybuddy1251Dined on 3/18/2014The service could have been better considering the menu prices. The salad plates were not cleared before the main course was served. One entrée was "split" among two diners and the server should have split the dish before serving. The diners had to do so at the table with an extra plate which was awkward.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a specialPaulDined on 3/15/2014Great place for a special occasion or where you take your out of town company. A bit pricey, but the food is outstanding!Special Features:
- We had a very nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2014We had a very nice dinner at Serafini. Our appetizers and entrées were delicious. Lauren did a great job taking care of our table and we will soon return! We also were shown a few of their private dining areas which would would be great for larger groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining?maverickvDined on 3/7/2014DO not waste your time going to this restaurant. It may be the only 'fine' dining restaurant in Frankfort, but save your time and money and eat in Lexington before you go to a show or anything, in Frankfort! I have NEVER been treated so rudely by a waitress in my life! I would never enter the door of this restaurant for any reason. Pitiful food, pitiful service, and the management acts like they could care less whether you are there. Wasted a good 50.00 on food that might be comparable to somewhere like TGIfridays. Geez. IN the capitol you would think there would be a nice place to go and not be spoken to rudely by a waitress! I just asked for more piccata sauce. 'We can't do that right now, and it's premade anyway!' (You can't fix stupid)
- Excellent foodAv8torDined on 2/15/2014Probably one of the best filet mignon's I've ever had in a restaurant. Excellent cut and cooked to perfection. Their tiramisu is also excellent. Overall a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer service lackingGigiDined on 2/15/2014We drove an hour to try Serafini's on a snowy/icy weekend. They asked if the first booth, near the door, was ok. We sat there & as soon as the front doors were opened, we were overcome by the cold air. We sat there for about 10 minutes & asked if we could be moved to the other side of the divider to get out of the cold. They were not very nice about it; they said they had reservations coming in & the seats were taken. My husband was very kind & suggested double doors needed to be put at the enterance. She said that it was equally has hot in the summer time and told us to go over to the other side & she would bring our drinks/napkins to us. The food was not worth the price; nor the service we received, worthy of the generous tip we left.
- Gem in FrankfortNOLAFOODIEDined on 2/7/2014Five gentleman from our bourbon club chose Serafini for it's food and notable bourbon menu. We were not disappointed by the service , food or libation. The Hot Brown is a classic KY offering which pleased many in our party. Will be back again during our next trip to the KY capital.Special Features:
- Great getaway!HotrodmikeDined on 2/1/2014Just a pleasant drive from Louisville and a wonderful place to dine and drink . The service is always spot on and the food has never failed to be anything other than outstanding. Relaxing atmosphere , quiet , and great location to people watch the downtown streets of Frankfort .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding chefEmilioDined on 12/31/2013Sea bass rissotto was excellent. Dinner for two on New Year's Eve was a very special time in a very special place in the state capital. The tiramisu for dessert topped off a great meal. Will tell all our friends what a fine gem this place is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatness in FranfortGreatnessDined on 11/26/2013Came to Kentucky for a lil' break. Enjoyed everything her….food, service, drinks. Excellent. Thank you from Martinez CA!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEatandDrinkMoreDined on 11/26/2013Thank you Serafini for taking excellent care of us the other night. The service, food, bourbon and ambience was perfect. Appreciate it a ton. If you are ever in California….come to Martinez and eat at Barrel Aged! Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining ExperienceBrewerDined on 11/18/2013Our large group of 9 had a wonderful meal - delicious food and high level service. Will return and recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Frankfort restaurant!KYdinerDined on 10/31/2013I always really enjoy Serafini's. What I appreciated about them this last time was the fact that they allowed my lunch companion and myself to stay past their lunch closing time so that we could continue discussing business. This place has great food, service, and ambiance, It also has extremely gracious management. Thanks, Serafini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The two soups offered wereMaryBVIPDined on 10/18/2013The two soups offered were pretty much the same and heavy on the pepper. The Mahi fish special was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hometown FavoritesiasDined on 9/23/2013Tradition with great dining Serafinis keeps doing great things.Visiting the Capitol City should always include Serafinis..Great for the historic and business traveler. Located in the historic downtown district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot for change of scenaryDonMDined on 9/14/2013I live 45 minutes form Frankfort, but the charm of downtown Frankfort, coupled with the view of the old State Capital, makes Serafini's a great place to go for dinner. we sat in the bar for 20 minutes before dinner. carlos was knowledgeable about Bourbon's and was loyal to Frankfort area distillers. I had a wonderful hand made pasta for an appetizer, followed by a nice thick juicey pork chop. The server was professional and at the end of the day, I sensed they appreciated our business, meaning they did not take us for granted. This is about the fifth time I have driven form Louisville to Serafini's in the last two years.It is nice to get out of town for dinner, yet close enough that it is not a difficult drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2013After reading some of the mixed review comments on this restaurant we were delighted to have such a great evening with our our of town guests. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive, and the food was excellent. We look forward to a return visit! THANKS!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining in Frankfort, KYRussDined on 8/3/2013This is my second dining experience at Serafini. It surpassed the first time. Great spot with wind windows for a scenic view of the old capital and the public square. I would expect that it is a busy place for politicians during the legislative sessions. The menu is not extensive, but very good selections and well prepared. The bartender mixed a very good martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serafini ReviewdturnDined on 7/19/2013Nothing of the experience resembled Italian. Food was so-so, no bread offered(come on, really), wine purchased was not the correct year, decor and music has no Italian vibe. Food/drink well overpriced for the overall experience.
- Very good experienceIllinoisfamilyvisitingDined on 7/6/2013Family visiting from Illinois requested reservations for Serafini for our evening meal. We enjoyed fried green tomatoes, pork chops, scallops and tilapia. We enjoyed the bacon jam with the fried green tomatoes and our sous chef shared his recipe with us. The adult beverage selection was very good and our server was well-versed regarding their offerings. One of our party was invited to review their selection of rare bourbon and was very pleased with that experience.Special Features:
- Could be betterAC71349Dined on 6/22/2013It took about 10 minutes for anyone to approach our table to welcome us and ask about drinks. Not a good way to start a first visit to this establishment. The bar area was very noisy even though we were not seated in that area. My entree was Chicken Braciola which sounded delightful as described on the menu, however, the chidken was over cooked, pesto filling dry, the risotto cake it was perched on close to being burned. My friend had the Tilapia dish which was quite good. This was a Saturday evening at 6:30pm and it was not busy in there. I would recommend this restaurant if I returned and had a better experience. For the price range this establishment is in, it was not really worth the money if this is their usual performance.
- FoodMatthewDined on 6/15/2013Absolutly great Food. Server was GREAT. Drinks were Good Pour. Thank you for a very Good Evening.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2013We loved our whole experience and would recommend it to anyone. We sat outside and loved being the atmosphere. The inside atmosphere didn't look at appealing to me. The food could not have been better and our server was fun and knowledgable. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed againBnuttallDined on 6/14/2013Serafini is the go to place in Frankfort for a finer dining experience. Their ingredients are fresh and well prepared. This is the kind of place where you can come in, share a bottle of wine, and have dinner with friends and colleagues. I really like their salads and veggies. The steak was nicely prepared (after I sent back an over done cut). That's not a knock, it was a mistake and they graciously fixed the problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SerafiniXxxxDined on 6/12/2013Excellent food. Clean, quiet, enjoyable place to go with friends or family. Convenient parking, good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of frankfortOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2013What a find in Frankfort! We love this place ! This reatraunt could "make it" in a bigger city but we are glad to have found it in Frankfort. Will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2013We made reservations here after the Oaks at Churchill Downs. The food was good. Service was spotty. The atmosphere is nice.Special Features:
- Good Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2013This was our second visit to Serafini and the food was great both times we dined there. Service was good and prompt. Loved the Lasagne. Pork Chops were amazing!Special Features: