210 West 55th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://broadway.serafinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 315-1700
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast :Daily: 7am - 11.30am
Lunch/Dinner: Daily: 11:30am - 11:00PM
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11.30- 3.30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Serafina
Serafina takes a very honest approach to Northern Italian food with only the highest quality ingredients. Serafina's Fabulous Pizza delights diners with a simplicity of recipe execution combined with creative and original Italian dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Serafina reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (17)neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (7)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)romantic (6)special occasion (6)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Horible service at all levelsMKL2DVIPDined on 11/22/2014Great Location with good food over all, But the service was horrible from lack of menu knowledge to simple service execution. Management is none existent, it seems people don't want to be there!!
- GladysDined on 11/16/2014They were able to accommodate extra people last minute, appreciated that. We were there for brunch celebrating a birthday. Food was mediocre at best. We were waiting over half an hour for food and not everyone was served. I waited an extra ten minutes for my three lemon ricotta pancakes. They had a weird eggy taste. When the warier asked how everything was , I told him not good. He told me that he wasn't the cook. Really? I know he wasn't the cook but he asked how is everything so don't ask a question if you don't want an answer. We just wanted to get out we asked for check paid and left. I will never go back there again
- Downtown NYC GirlDowntonNYCGirlDined on 11/16/2014Wonderful experience!! Look forward to returning!! A must for anyone visiting the city, staying in Midtown & looking for a delicious Italian meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2014While the food was fine, the waiter left a bit to be desired. The bus people were far more attentive than he was. With so many restaurants in the area, customer service is paramount...and Serafina fell short.
- RoseDined on 11/1/2014Loved my first time visit! Will try again! Food was good we had a short time because of our train from NJ was delayed. I told our server we were in a hurry we had a theater reservation and he was outstanding with serving us and we arrived at our show on time.Special Features:
- GreatMariBettinDined on 10/28/2014I was a surprise for me... When you look outside, you have no ideia how beautiful is inside! The food is really good.Special Features:
- niceTroutmanDined on 10/9/2014We had a new waitress who did a good job. the truffles ravioli was excellentSpecial Features:
- Really good foodBubbie123Dined on 9/21/2014All our party of three loved the food we selected. We were especially appreciative of the gluten free option for pasta. We had a very hard time finding gluten free anything for one of us who requires gluten free foods, not only could she have gluten free options but it were delicious. We didn't bother looking for a restuarant the next evening, we ate at Serafina again.Special Features:
- ZuzuDined on 9/18/2014Bad waiter/poor service with a bad attitude.he added the gratuity for 3 people and I asked him the take it out which he did.I felt bad in front of my guests.Special Features:
- Think there is great potentialBeckyMVIPDined on 9/7/2014We sat outside for brunch and there was hardly anybody there. The waiter was at first very attentive and engaging, but after the food was served we really didn't see him and had to ask someone to find him to get our check.Special Features:
- mo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/20/2014at w/8 customers&my boss.service was terrible.Our waiter was more concerned with upselling us,then he was non-existent.constantly asked boys for water.they would acknowledge,then never return.at least they came by the table,unlike our waiter.If it wasn't for a different waiter who we imposed on to get us water, we all would have choked w/out liquid.He should have rec'd our tip.he was tall with dark/straight hari.When our waiter brough some of our food, he asked "who ordered" the x, y, and z.waitering 101 you know who ordered what! He took our orders in an orderly fashion,so it should be be on his pad who ordered what. then 8 our of 10 meals arrived&the other 2 guests sat there for quite some time with no food. they really failed on service.Special Features:
- My usual spotSureshNYCVIPDined on 8/14/2014I come here often for lunch with coworkers. This experience was not particularly great. The hostess was checked out and our wait staff were not interested. I ordered a gluten-free pasta dish which was just OK. I was a bit disappointed by the lackluster experience.Special Features:
- Lunch at SerafinaNycDining88Dined on 8/14/2014Serafina is a great spot for lunch. The pizza is delicious and the inside of the restaurant is very nice. I would highly recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too too noisy for meReenaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Someone was trying to reach me on my cell and I could not get reception in the restaurant. The whole afternoon was blown, thank you Serafina. The food was tasty, not specular. Price was fine.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousKathieVIPDined on 8/4/2014By far one of the best renditions of Rigatoni Bolognese ever. The service is always very good and the place is always buzzing.Special Features:
- The following 372 reviews are from the Serafina reviews archive.
- Good food poor policyhrubVIPDined on 7/30/2014Enjoyed the food. But one glass of ice tea without refills. Rather silly. Feels a bit chintzy I hate mickle/dime approach. Impaired overall performance. Great pizza nice room/rooftopSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuzzDined on 7/20/2014Great start to the afternoon by having lunch at Serefina.y friend and I were both pleasantly full and Left sufficiently happy to complete The day's tasks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for before theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014Needed a moderately priced restaurant that would allow us to get to the theater by 7. Got an early reservation and the service was fast so it worked out perfectly. The food was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosoMonterreymexicoDined on 7/3/2014Delicioso!!!! I really love my pasta!!! Delicioso creme brulee!! My kids ate steak and it was delicioso!!! Nice restaurant!! Great pastas!! And the desserts were really Good!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finito with SerafinaNYCFoodeeDined on 6/29/2014Very overpriced. We didn't receive half of the brunch prix fixe and portions are incredibly small. So small, in fact, that one of my guests questioned whether they were eating the "salad" or a garnish. While dining, we watched two separate diners walk around trying to find their server to track down their check. If you're looking to kill an afternoon while spending $5 a bite, this is the place.
- GoodHcgolf4funVIPDined on 6/13/2014It good as usual and it great for a casual dinner.Special Features:
- KParCapDined on 5/27/2014Normally this is a great place this past time I felt the waiter was rude abrupt and rushed us. Food was great and tasty.Special Features:
- Great pre-theater restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Wonderful Italian food near Times Square. A 6:00 reservation left us plenty of time to enjoy dinner and dessert before an 8:00 show.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/14/2014Been to other serafina -- this location service SLOW!! the 2 men hosts terrible DON'T sit outside service even worse. Been there 2x now and same experience both times, the location on 49th and 79th better and food for some reason BETTER
- Great DinnerWeLovedGatoDined on 4/23/2014We had a great time at Serafina's. The food and service were both Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocretoygalDined on 4/23/20142 of us had the walnut and pear salad with chicken added and the chicken was very chewy and there were very little greens on the salad. In fairness, the 3rd person had the shrimp salad which was very good. Matre'd told the 3rd person in our group that we hadn't arrived and she sat waiting until she finally called us on our cell and we were seated and had 'checked' in when we arrived. None of the choices on #2 were applicable so I just picked one.Special Features:
- A big disappointmentPandyDined on 4/20/2014The food was good but the atmosphere was not appealing at all, cheesy decor and terrible music playing at a volume that was a little too loud. The service was terrible, with unfriendly wait staff and I actually had a male staff member runnin front of me to go to the bathroom, the women's bathroom. The food is overpriced even if it was good, good not great, $27 for a salad? Hmmm no, will not be returning.
- Good Family RestaurantMonMxDined on 4/18/2014After having just arrived in NYC, Serafina was the perfect place for the children to be introduced into a typical - yet no so typical - Italian restaurant. Pizza was good, carpaccios fantastic, artichoke salad OK (don't like artichokes to be refrigerator cold) and gnocchi extremely good.Special Features:
- Fragrant and flavourful food!MmeMDined on 4/12/2014Serafina Broadway lures both locals and tourists throught its friendly doors. We're in the latter category, and were treated to a delightful indoor location next to the outdoor passage. Seating is cozy, but there is no difficulty in chatting with your companion(s). The smells from all the plates emerging from the kitchen drove me crazy--it was all so good! What should we order? My companion and I eat lightly, so between us we chose one salad, and veal and pasta selections. The smell of the sauce on the gnocchi drove me crazy. It tasted even better than it smelled. The veal (milanese/schnitzel) was lightly breaded and so yummy. The servers work together as a tight team, so we never had to wait for anything.Special Features:
- Consistent ItalianFaceamVIPDined on 4/9/2014Have been many times and the food is consistently good. Menu has lots to choose from... Great salads, delicious pizzas, and many intetesting entrees. All have unique ingredient combos and loaded with flavor. Service is quick and attentive. Only minor complaint is the front area is packed in with tables. Ask for back tables or outdoor seating when weather is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food- Poor ServicerbocaVIPDined on 4/6/2014We went for lunch on a Sunday and enjoyed the food. Waiter was relatively inatttentive and said no to most requests. Busboy had difficulty with language and understanding our few requests. When we asked for a second bakery basket, which came with our two brunches, we were told (around 1:30) that they had no more. .
- Nice place, tasty brunch menufredctDined on 4/6/2014Stopping in here before a show at NY City Center, we were pleased with the appealing look and small, but tasty price-fixed style brunch menu.Special Features:
- DisappointingDaffyDined on 4/5/2014The food was barely mediocre. We asked for a salad with grilled chicken and got cold dry sliced chicken. We were told that if we wanted fresh chicken it would cost $25 as opposed to the $20 we had just spent. The food was terribly overpriced for its quality. A 5oz diet soda was $4.75 and a cup of tea was $4. We are New Yorkers and used to higher priced food, but we are also used to fine tasting food. We will not be returning. N
- Great place for lunch meetingsKParCapDined on 3/25/2014Great place for lunch meetings and delicious food. Service was prompt and friendly. Food had great presentation and there was plenty of choices and specials.Special Features:
- Taste of New YorkCitygurlDined on 3/22/2014Brought my daughter and friend here for their first visit. Service was very slow. Food was good but nothing exceptional. Waiter was less than engagingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good weekday lunch spotElleCueDined on 3/21/2014Met a friend for lunch and had an overall good experience. We did pasta and salads and were very pleased with what we both ordered. I'll have to go back and see how their pizzas taste. They even give you a couple complementary cookies at the end of your meal. It was nice to find a fairly quiet restaurant to have lunch close to work.Special Features:
- OK- not great, not badBigDataDined on 3/17/2014Nice location on Broadway and 56th. Good for people watching. The service was quite good the food was good but not spectacular. I'd go there again.Special Features:
- Consistently good!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2014Stopped by Serafina for a quick bite before the Lorde concert. Service was great, pizza was thin and crusty and pasta was yummy! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently good foodgeorgicapondVIPDined on 3/7/2014A bit noisy, particularly at dinner, but very good food and always pleasant service.Special Features:
- Delicious, every time if go2hungrybearsDined on 3/5/2014Delicious, every time if go there I'm never disappointed !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.