Serafina - White Plains
199 Main Street
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Serafina - White Plains
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://whiteplains.serafinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9142889300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Join Us For Happy Hour Everyday 4pm-7pm!
A word from Serafina - White Plains
Italian in the heart of white plains.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Serafina - White Plains - Best Restaurants in White Plains ›
Serafina - White Plains reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (8)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Disappointing brunchHotFoodieDined on 8/3/2014I have been to Serafina for dinner twice and had a pleasant experience both times. However, my recent brunch reservation left me disappointed - the brunch menu is pretty bare bones. The bloody mary's are ok, but not great. The outdoor seating area left the 4 of us squished at a table barely big enough for 2 people (and my boyfriends mother was in a wheelchair which made it all the more difficult to maneuver). The waiter was borderline rude - I'm pretty sure he rolled his eyes twice when we asked questions about the menu. When I ordered sunny side up eggs with asparagus (a menu item) I asked if it came with toast, and his response was "we don't do toast." The eggs were bland. I will find a new brunch spot in White Plains next time.Special Features:
- SusanVIPDined on 7/5/2014Great food. The pizza appetizer was delicious and the fish entrees were cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VgirlVIPDined on 6/27/2014Poor service, my daughter has a severe nut allergy and ordered an item from the menu that had pistachio nuts in without it being identified in the menu, when we asked the manager for a first aid kit he could not supply one !! And directed us to a Walmart !! Very stressful.
- $8 to change a sauce - Come on!TwoStrikesAndYourOutVIPDined on 6/27/2014Strike 1 - We asked to switch sauce from a marinara to a bolognese (on the Vegetarian Platter $17 which is spaghetti squash) and they wanted to charge an additional $8. The manager tried to justify it by telling me it's a "meat sauce" we have to charge additional. I told him I have no problem with a small up charge but $8 seemed ridiculous. Their pasta bolognese was $19, this dish would now cost me $25. Where is the logic? Strike 2 - We wanted Chicken Milanese but they only had veal on the menu. They could make us the chicken but would have to charge us the same price as the veal - $29. I see it doesn't work both ways. Veal is cheaper than chicken. I would have left (and should have) but we were in a large party and that was not feasible.Special Features:
- Great for a small group celebrationlocalfoodieDined on 6/17/2014Food and service were great! I will definitely go back. Check to see if the air-conditioning is working in the part of the restaurant where you are seated. This would not stop me from going here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceConcernedneighbor1Dined on 6/16/2014Service was extremely slow and sloppy! Restaurant was not busy and it was difficult to get the waiters attention. One guests food came out much later than everyone else s and that's just embarrassing.
- Super SerafinamatineemomVIPDined on 6/9/2014Had dinner with two friends and we all loved our meals The stuffed crepe was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeluv2gooutDined on 5/24/2014great food, energetic atmosphere. Perfect for our one hour meal so we could get to a movie if we wanted to also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageDiningoutDined on 5/22/2014Menu has varied italian options- something for most palates. Convenient location with nearby municipal lot if nothing out front. Staff presence is good, attentive. But, had to ask for bread, house wine too expensive, when we deferred dessert, waiter asked us if we would like to try something and then charged us for it ( it wasn't on dessert menu).Special Features:
- SlowMellieDined on 5/22/2014Food was good but service was slow. Waiter had to find out what the specials were.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014The staff never made us feel like our time was up. It was lovelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedwinedineDined on 5/11/2014I had been here before and enjoyed an extensive menu at reasonable prices. I took the family for here for Mother's Day and was not told before arriving that there would be a limited menu. The menu items were more expensive than usual,the choices were sparse and the food was mediocre.
- The following 88 reviews are from the Serafina - White Plains reviews archive.
- Like it a lotlefthookDined on 4/27/2014We've been to this restaurant a handful of times with our children. The menu choices are broad and the food is very good across the board. Also, we have always found the service to be very friendly. I highly recommend Serafina.Special Features:
- Terrible service!jmyankDined on 4/25/2014We read the bad reviews about the service but decided to give it a try anyway. The service was terrible. When I spoke to the manager to tell him how bad it was, the response I got was "why did you wait until now to tell me?". I don't think it would be very wise to complain before they brought me my food, if you know what I mean. In my opinion, that says a lot about how the restaurant is run and how they treat their customers.
- good food - beware of drinksBirthdayBoyVIPDined on 4/19/2014We ordered three beers, a mixed drink, and a diet coke with our dinner. The three beers arrived not cold at all, but just barely chilled, the coke was less then 8 ounces in a glass filled all the way to the top with ice, and the mixed drink was also in a small glass filled to the top with ice. When my wife took a small sip of her mixed drink, and I took a sip of my diet coke, 50% of the drink was gone. We complained to the waiter, and he seemed less then enthused about addressing this. They should have apologized and comped our drinks. I'll prob not go back there again as a result of very mediocre service and trying to scam us on the drinks. And they need to get a new beer refrigerator!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014Enjoyed the food and the ambiance.Was our second time there, both times were for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is our favorite restaurantfriendlyDined on 3/19/2014this is our favorite restaurant in white plains. we go tehre all the time. HIGHLY recommend to couples and family. food is GREATSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous DinnerfoodloverDined on 3/16/2014Food was great and the staff was very accommodating! We will be returning soon :)Special Features:
- Really nicePMG216VIPDined on 3/16/2014Despite some very negative reviews of food and service we decided to try Serafina WP.We found the negative reviews to be completely unfounded. It couldn't have been lovelier. Very cozy little spot .We were a party of six who all had something different from the varied menu. Poached eggs were perfectly cooked. Veal Milanese was tender and crispy. Serafina Salad was fresh and delicious. Rigatoni Bolognese was meaty and cooked aldente. Burger was delicious and chicken paillard was well seasoned and organic. Service was attentive, professional and friendly. We will definitely be coming to this Serafina again for Sunday lunches with our suburban-living family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing visit to NYC outpostSwissMiss4VIPDined on 3/16/2014We made a reservation thrilled to have our old standby NYC restaurant in white plains and looking forward to good decent meal. Unfortunately when we arrived the place was still cold and we kept our coats on throughout. When we finally had a chance to order with our server only taking care of three tables, one of the items was not available. Not a problem. But one of the problems was that even though we were the first party seated all the tables around us got their food before we did. We even joked at one point that a table that came in 45 minutes after us would be served before us - and they were. We received our food when it was no longer hot. We don't plan on going back.
- PleasantFoodyDined on 3/15/2014First time visit and we were. Party of 8 with kids. Service wAs excellent and food was really delicious. Looking forward to going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There was no heat so theyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014There was no heat so they sat us by the glass doors that had a terrible draft. Then we asked to move which they did......come to find out there was no heat in the resturant . We sat next to the kitchen and every time the doors swung open a cold breeze hit us. The heater was above our table blowing cool air. My son had his winter coat on the entire meal. We ordered appetizers that were brought out quick before we know it dinner was served. We had three coursed in 45 minutes. They rushed us right through my daughters birthday dinner!
- Good food. Great w/ food allergiesJessicaVIPDined on 11/29/2013We had gluten, dairy, nut, seed and fish allergies across out party. The restaurant was wonderful about keeping us all safe and feeding us all yummy food. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Manhattan Feeling in White PlainsChowHoundVIPDined on 10/18/2013Have dined here several times and have had wonderful experiences each time. The food is well prepared, the waiters are very accommodating and the atmosphere is lively. The location with surrounding windows makes it feel like you are dining in NYC. Can't wait to go back. The staff has honored our special requests at every visit.Special Features:
- Roll of the dice...jackDined on 10/7/2013I had dinner there this pas week with four friends; while the food was good, the service was very slow and the wait staff seemed very nervous. Drinks were kind of watered down and the wines were very pricey. Not sure if i would go there again...i've had better and i've had worse. Like I said, roll of the dice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply good italian food.uwsdaveVIPDined on 9/24/2013Simply good italian food. We had a variety of pasta dishes and everyone seemed happy. We also enjoyed the bruchetta and the staff was friendly and let us linger late after our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad foodjustdanceVIPDined on 9/14/2013The risotto was not edible - as simple as that. Need less quantity more quality.
- Delicious Food and friendly staffChowHoundVIPDined on 9/7/2013Had a great dinner at Serafina. The owner/manager accommodated our request for a table at the window, and the staff was extremely helpful. We asked for a dish not on the menu, and the waiter and chef were happy to provide the item. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- not so hotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2013Nice spot, nice people, food is only OK, and there is a lack of professionalism in the service. For example, at our table and one near by to us, they brought the entrees to the table before we had finished our appetizers. Nonetheless, we will wait a bit and give it another try.
- Over-rated and over-pricedCliffVIPDined on 9/2/2013A open-air restaurant on a hot humid evening doesn't work. Had to request the A/C be turned on, a request not immediately answered. The restaurant was also under-staffed for a holiday evening. Though fairly empty, the service was much to slow and the bread was border-line stale. That being said, the food, when it arrived, was acceptable, both as to presentation and taste, but still pricey.
- The food was very good; theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/14/2013The food was very good; the wine was a bit too pricey for what it is. The wait staff - just a little stiff...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013Came here for a Mother's Day lunch and was very happy with the food and service. The table has been squeezed between two busing stations, so not too ideal? That aside, food was great as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceSteveDined on 4/28/2013Food was fair. Service was poor. Took a long time for anyone to come to our table after we were seated. Really felt like no one cared that we were there. My dinner came out abut 10 minutes after the 3 others at the table were served. Ordered coffee at the end and that took almost 25 minutes to arrive. Tables were very close together making the large, noisy party next to us even more annoying. Couldn't move your chair back to get out without hitting into the other table or other person's chair. Overall, not a satisfying experience. Many better choices in the area.
- Over the past few years havePoorserviceVIPDined on 3/1/2013Over the past few years have been here 5 times..my initial impressions were so bad it took my love for their truffle pizza to go back but. Must say they have really gotten their act together. Food was good, service has dramatically changed for the better. If you've never gone, worth trying..
- NYC, yes ... WP, (unfortunately) noOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/30/2013Never again in White Plains ... the quality of food doesn't come close to that in the NYC restaurants.
- Good food but very load.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013Good food but very load. Wait staff was inadequate for a busy Saturday night.
- Favorite place for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2013We love this place for Sunday Brunch. We also love brining out boys on the early side like 12 noon, great place to bump into professional ball players. Yet it's pricey but well worth it. Love all of the people that work there we feel like family!!Special Features:
- We were a party of six. TheFamilyVIPDined on 1/12/2013We were a party of six. The house white (PG) was actually quite good. Most of the dishes were bland and poorly seasoned. The olive oil in small dishes for bread dipping would have been better w garlic instead of pepper. The bread was rather dry and hard. Even the pizza was poorly seasoned. My daughter would go back- I would not.Special Features:
- Disappointing !AdamLipsonVIPDined on 1/4/2013I feel badly writing a bad review, because I believe the staff tried their best. However, this restaurant, to me, seems like it lacks management. The servers don't know to bring appetizer plates with shared appetizers. They also don't know to bring extra forks with shared deserts. I could list more, but I think you get the idea. Now the food. This is NOT great Italian food. It's the kind of food that you can make at home or get at the diner. These are large portions of very mediocre Italian food. The cocktails were OK and the staff was nice. The restaurant doesn't feel well kept. It wasn't awful, but I will not be going back. Very disappointing!
- Fun bright place. Easy toCC77VIPDined on 12/25/2012Fun bright place. Easy to find. Great Apps, drinks, pastas, fries, desserts and veal. Had a nice family Christmas dinner Will go back again with friends.Special Features: