Serafina - Philadelphia
10 Rittenhouse Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Serafina - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://philly.serafinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2159777755x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:30am - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Serafina - Philadelphia
Our cuisine is Northern Italian, originating from family recipes handed down from generations of cooks and adapted by Vittorio Assaf and his team of professional chefs. Serafina's creative pastas and risottos come to life with the freshest locally grown produce and ingredients, while the delicious desserts and extensive wine list satisfy every craving. Our famous thin crust pizzas are made with 00 Italian flour, filtered water, extra virgen olive oil, sea salt from Sicily and are produced in ovens hand built with lava stone from Mount Vesuvius fueled with burning cherry-wood. The remarkable food combined with the lively atmosphere of each location has mass appeal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Serafina - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (35)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (34)great for lunch (22)hot spot (18)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (13)romantic (13)scenic view (13)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (6)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Serafina is a great spot for good food and friends. On warm nights the windows are open and the atmosphere is one with the outdoors. The food is excellent, and the servers are friendly and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance,BrunchOptionsLimitedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Serafina was a really cute restaurant that I went to for brunch. I enjoyed the ambiance, however, I found the brunch menu to be quite limited in options. For example, the Orange French Toast was delicious, but it came with no sides. The menu also does not include any options for ordering sides.
- Never goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/8/2014Serafina is fast and it is nice to sit outside. Because it's not that popular, it is easy to get a table there for a last-minute business lunch. That's all I can say that's good about it.Special Features:
- Skip the specialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014I made a last minute reservation for 8 people and was grateful that Serafina was able to accommodate us, specifically during the very busy Philadelphia fall festival. The atmosphere was great and though I was apprehensive about sitting at a large booth table close to the door, it worked perfectly for our group. Our waiter was fantastic, he was attentive without being overbearing. And despite all that, I have a hard time rating an higher rating than a 2 because of the daily special, Black Truffle Risotto. The only word that I can use to describe it is 'horrible'. It is best described as cold parboiled rice and canned cream of mushroom soup for $24. If there were any truffles in it at all, they were wasted on this sad, sad dish.
- Great place for DinnerAmandaDined on 10/3/2014Had yet another great experience at Serefina. While I typically go for the Farfalle Al Limoncello which has an incredible citrus cream sauce, this time I opted for pizza. I was not disappointed! I recommend the Di Fabio!Special Features:
- Great food & lovely viewsSmurfgoddessVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was delicious and we sat at a window table w the window open on a lovely late summer night and just enjoyed everything about the night. My partner loved his food. They accommodated special requests. My food needed a bit more tomato, but I did not ask so it's my fault for not requesting it. The salad we shared was fabulous. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DinebrokerDined on 9/18/2014Food (ravioli, calamari and chocolate torte dessert was excellent0. Service was good but could have been more attentive. The restaurant was not that busy.Special Features:
- Disappointed!!!DiningDivaDined on 9/14/2014I've wanted to try Serafina for some time now but just hadn't had the opportunity to get there. My friend, cousin, and myself thought restaurant week would be the perfect time to try something new. The service was good but the food was a huge disappointment. I figure you can't go wrong ordering a pasta dish from an Italian restaurant.....WRONG!! The consensus between the three of us is the food had absolutely no flavor. The only highlight Serafina offered were the drinks. They were delicious!! The only reason to return to Serafina is for a happy hour!
- very disappointingyummyDined on 9/13/2014I chose this restaurant for my 20th wedding anniversary based on what i saw as i walked by everyday during lunch. The choice was a bad one and maybe proves that people really dont know what good food really is....at least the ones that eat at Serafina. I ordered the veal which i never order out and have to say it was horrible. Tastless, dry, overcooked piece of cardboard. I will never return nor will i reccomend this place to anyone. The only highlight of our evening was the very apologetic waiter.
- Nice time.BurgermeisterDined on 9/3/2014Service excellent. Food good, but not super-special. Nice spot to have dinner with a group of friends, great location.Special Features:
- hit / missBL18Dined on 9/1/2014Those who got the cesear salad were disappointed. Also the artichoke salad was discontinued. Entrees - the salmon, filet and spinach crepes wwwere very good. Desserts - apple tart and ricotta cheesecake were good too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster101VIPDined on 8/31/2014delicious shrimp salad and chicken salad....nice portionsSpecial Features:
- WonderfulAustinDined on 8/25/2014Definitely a neighborhood gem. Would recommend to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABYSMAL; Overly-glorified Chain.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014An experience so horrific I wish I were allowed more characters. Waited minutes to even be greeted by our waitress who was unabashedly huffy and curt slamming things down on our table upset that SHE got our orders wrong several different times. Didn't receive my drink until after my meal and it wasn't right. Food lacks depth and flavor profile, waitress never came to check on us until after it was time to box up. Manager ROSE PAROTTA is very nasty and obviously lacks true passion for the customer experience; did not care about the many pitfalls of the service. So above it all texting on her phone while we waited what seemed minutes to speak to her. The food was just below mediocre, but the service was APPALLING! Resting on their location.
- A nice nightTigresSKSVIPDined on 8/21/2014Works for celiac, vegetarian, and omnivores. Service was attentive, but not overbearing. Our food: Chopra salad, arugula steak salad, and gluten-free fusilli with a vodka sauce came relatively quickly along with toasty bread. (Bread was not as amazing as their brioche at brunch, but was a pretty good French baguette-style bread served with olive oil.) the steak in the salad was a little overlooked, but both salads had fantastic dressing and fresh ingredients. The non-celiac, who shared the gf-fusilli said it didn't even taste gf! PS. A restaurant of that size should have more than one toilet stall for women (don't know what it's like in the men's room).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun dinnerlove2eatoutDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed our experience from beginning to end! We had brushetta and Bianca pizza for apps and a spinach salad with warm goat cheese. The chicken parm special was fabulous, as so was the pasta and ravioli dishes we had. Too full for dessert, but the menu was tempting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter seemed too busyjgb33328Dined on 8/14/2014From the start he seemed rushed and distracted. He forgot to put in an order for one of the appetizers we requested, so when the entrees arrived, we just said skip it....food was good, but not amazing, a bit pricey for good, but the atmosphere is quite nice.Special Features:
- So SoGuestDined on 8/14/2014Serafina is in an excellent location. The food is good but I don't see anything special. It was a little loud...Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodEddieDined on 8/11/2014Great place close to Rittenhouse Square, right in the middle of the action. Good food and ambiance... Little pricey, but you pay for the location....Special Features:
- Good, but not GreatbgkessDined on 8/7/2014The food is good, but overpriced. The tables are very close together, so it can be hard to hear someone at your table when the restaurant is crowded. Service was good, however we had a different server for each course which seemed a bit odd. When we received our check, we were charged for the wrong entree. I'm not sure I would go back but maybe would go just for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtmosphereReneeDined on 7/31/2014Great place for 1 on 1. Romantic atmosphere. Great for a small business lunchSpecial Features:
- Great spotBfkrinskDined on 7/31/2014Serafina is great for both lunch and dinner. There are healthy and gluten free options. I always enjoy my meals there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/29/2014Food was mediocore, service was lacking, I can't find anything good about the experience. Save yourself the time, money and frustration. Don't go.
- Late dinner with a friend!BeeksDined on 7/26/2014The food was fantastic!! Lighting and music good. A little tight inside, not much room to walk around. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedDisappointedDined on 7/25/2014Celebrating my husbands 50th birthday with another couple. Restaurant was recommended by a friend. Ambiance was great. Waiter was very forgetful. Forgot to tell us about one of the specials which was a salad and forgot what find of salad it was so he had to go check and come back. He asked me if I wanted another drink. I said no and 5 minutes later I had a drink in front of me that I didn't ask for. Food was bland and uneventful in including appetizers. Not a 5 star experience at all. Very disappointed given the fact that the food and drinks were expensive. We paid to park and paid a babysitter.
- Great pick. We are tourist.LocalfoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014Randomly selected this place off open table on a short visit to Phili. Really enjoyed the experience. Loved the parpadlla with pesto, calamari and capresa salad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014If you are celebrating a birthday at Serafina, BE AWARE! Our waiter overheard us toasting our friend. When dinner was over, he came to our table with a piece of cake with a candle & placed it in front of my friend. I thought: "How classy - a complimentary dessert". Much to my surprise & disappointment, we were charged $8 for the cake, which we did not order! This was also after we had already spent $150 on dinner & drinks!! Very underhanded!
- Great for a business lunchRbusDined on 7/24/2014I have been taking clients and colleagues here for business lunch and I have never been diissapointed. Great food and service and the right atmosphere for a professional lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevinDined on 7/23/2014Despite having a reservation, I was given what looked to be the worst table in the house. It was crammed into a small corner and I had to move the table to fit into my chair, and I'm not a big guy. The appetizer was really great, but the entrees as a whole were disappointingly average. However, all the food came out quickly, I believe I was in and out in under an hour, with ordering an appetizer and entree.
- Good Lunch Location on RittenhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2014I have wanted to go to Serafina for some time and finally got there for lunch. The food was good as was the service. As a lunch location, I wasn't overly excited about the menu and it was quite overpriced. $110 for lunch for two people who ate salads and drank ice teas.Special Features:
- Mostly good.AOK2Dined on 7/21/2014Nice menu, good food, good service, but a little pricey. Would probably return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014I was quite disappointed actually as the meal was very average and overpriced. Would not recommend.
- Good ExperiencesouthphillygirlVIPDined on 7/3/2014Had dinner with a group of friends. Food was good. Waitress a bit unattentive. Hostess was accommodating since we add another person on late notice. Reasonably priced food. Will return f or lunch soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special attention to food allergiesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/2/2014They did a good job accommodating request for alterations to dishes based on food allergies - and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best olive oil everFoodloverDined on 6/30/2014Enjoyed the street scene. Blend of old favorites and modern flavordSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodhappydinerDined on 6/27/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. Our friendly waiter recommended what we ordered and he steered us in the right direction. We were stuffed by the time we left. The pizza was a nice appetizer, the salad with meat was delicious, the tiramisu was tasty.Special Features:
- Horrible service and Bruschetta!!!!MinazDined on 6/25/2014Servers are extremely rude and unfriendly! They got my order wrong. They took forever to get us Parmesan cheese, etc. They didn't give us enough olive oil to have with the bread. Service was just AWFUL. 2) We ordered Bruschetta and it was so crisp that we couldn't bite into it! Because the staff was not friendly and very rude, we did not even try to bring this to their attention. I've had better (at Maggiano's!). I ordered penne pasta with pesto, potatoes, mushrooms and pine nuts. It was good but not out of the world. The tiramisu was yum. For the price, the food wasn't worth it. The terrible service made it worse. 3) I thought it was a bit pricey. For 3 appetizers, 7 drinks, 5 entrees and 1 dessert we paid $220 excluding gratuity.Special Features:
- The following 260 reviews are from the Serafina - Philadelphia reviews archive.
- fathers day dinnersmidsbro99Dined on 6/15/2014liked the open window seat, we had my family of 7 in a corner booth on a beautiful day. Staff was willing, but they were understaffed that day. Food was good, but not memorable. I would try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise, noise, noise!ddrewVIPDined on 6/13/2014OMG. WE WERE THERE FOR FAMILY DINNER AT 6:00 NOT A ROCK CONCERT! The music was so loud we could not hear each other talk. Otherwise would have been wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceIeatoutDined on 6/12/2014The waiter spilled water and ice on a plate and proceeded to pick up the ice with his hands off my friends plate....while she was eating. Who does that? Additionally they brought out the main course without taking away the appetizers plates and I had to é specifically ask the waiter to take them away otherwise they would have stayed!