7 9th avenue
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://meatpacking.serafinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6469644494x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
Friday - Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
We serve Brunch on every Holiday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Valentine's Day menu $50 per person! Book now! View menu here: http://www.serafinarestaurant.com/serafina/
A word from Serafina Meatpacking
Delicious Northern Italian cuisine; Serafina Meatpacking prepares fresh pastas, pizzas, seafood and meats. Open for, breakfast, lunch or dinner, dine in or take-out. To sit in any of the dining rooms is a treat, as one can almost envision artists of any craft sitting and scribbling their ideas on the walls already covered with original artworks. 3 floors and an outdoor café offer excellent people watching on the neighborhood's classic cobblestone streets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Serafina Meatpacking reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (11)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014appetizers with mozzarella were not generous, more of a small dollop. Not particularly happy that service dogs are allowed up to the second or third floor of restaurant and not on a leash.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantkamarisDined on 9/17/2014It was good ambient and food. The location is great.Special Features:
- portion sizelaetitiaVIPDined on 9/11/2014Salads are shrinking day after day! but it's still a good option in the neighborhood.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/10/2014The service was painfully poor from the moment we stepped up to the hostess' desk till the time we left. They did not ask us if we had a reservation - we did, and was not accommodating with table selection even though their was plenty of availability. We used a Groupon, and perhaps that may have impacted the level of service since we would not be considered full paying customers. If that is their thinking, they are wrong in doing so. I use Groupons, Living Social coupons, etc. to gauge a restaurant I haven't been to previously, and have been back to experience the full culinary experience of many restaurants based on the service and food quality. Rest assured this will be the first and last time I will be eating at Serafina.
- Horrible MismanagementGlutenFreeVIPDined on 9/7/2014If you have Celiac Disease, are gluten-free, or have any severe food allergy, you should in NO way eat here. Management is careless with food, dishonest about their understanding of gluten-free diets, and insensitive to those with severe food intolerances. Henry, the manager, was impatient, rude, and had no interest in helping. He only wanted to get us out of the restaurant so as not to create a scene. Disgusting service, and as someone in the food industry myself, I was shocked at the disregard and indecency. I will never go back. Henry should not be given the responsibility of managing a restaurant when he could not care less about the health, safety, or happiness of his customers. Serafina cannot be trusted to take care of its patrons.
- OMG THE WORST--Avoid like ebolaStefanoDined on 8/25/2014Experience overall awful from reception to wait staff. Food deplorably bad. The very worst Italian food that I have ever had. Do not waste your money. Looking forward to the next restaurant that will replace this one. They should be embarrassed. Would have given them a lower rating if allowed. Chicken Milanese was like a tough, super flat tasteless frisbee. Pasta was equally poorly prepared. Took 20 minutes to get our drinks. When I queried the waiter as to the wait time he said the bar was down 1 flight of stairs. We were the only table there. Brought partial orders. Just horrible. Normally I would have sent the food back but was with out-of-town guests. Food so bad that I would have just asked for check and left. AVOID.
- Fantastic DinnerCourtneyDined on 8/23/2014We came with a group of 5 for a party. We made a reservation ahead of time, and actually called to modify the reservation shortly before our original time. Everyone was very accomodating here and the food was excellent. Even after they had seated a large table right ahead of us, service was still great. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Very ConsistentRocketDined on 8/21/2014Very good food, very good service and very upbeat dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodieDined on 8/21/2014Wine and cocktails a bit pricey but pasta dishes reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JonhDined on 8/20/2014Ok restaurant. The wait staff was rude . When servicing the main course the person took 20 min to bring the pepper shaker.Special Features:
- MarcVIPDined on 8/16/2014Very good food, nice location on a corner. Good people watching. Fourth time we gave been there. Always good friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Food was fantastic, really good. Service was a disaster, late and wrong order...But i think we were unlucky, everyone else around seemed to have had what they asked for and on time. The room upstairs can get really noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDee76Dined on 8/10/2014Quick service, great food, pizza is a MUST HAVE!! The waitress could have given us more attention but the food made up for what she lacked. The food came out in seconds as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good people watchingPaulVIPDined on 7/19/2014From the steak salad to the pasta all was very good. The service was just OK. Didn't seem like anyone wanted to be there. Staff had no energy and a slow sense of urgency when asked for something. I would return but tips will be lowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian in MeatpackingRodNYCDined on 7/10/2014Good food, great pizza, nice French waiter but too noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightFoodfanatic22Dined on 7/9/2014I had a great time! Cocktails were fantastic, food was delicious, and waitstaff was very friendly. Love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SierraVIPDined on 6/29/2014Food good....too noisy!.....service good and attentive......too crowded and not a place to have conversation
- Zombie HostessEatMeDined on 6/27/2014I arrived and asked the very attractive black lady in short shorts about my party reservation. She indiffrently waved me upstairs and then turned away like I was a leper. Very much a turn offSpecial Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2014We went with a large party children grandchildren and grandparents 10 people and it was a perfect dinner for all food was great as well as attentive service and we had the room all to ourselves because we went early at 6:00 on a Thursday night Great night!!!Special Features:
- A perfect summer spotKAreyAnnDined on 6/22/2014We had a beautiful day for an outside lunch! Pizzas are perfect for sharing and everything was delicious!Special Features:
- DissapointingMimiDined on 6/16/2014When Serafina was on upper east side the food was great. The food was like typical chain restaurant food. The chicken Milanese was like a prefab hockey puck. I will say the pasta bolanese was good.Special Features:
- The following 48 reviews are from the Serafina Meatpacking reviews archive.
- Very attentive staffzarry98Dined on 5/23/2014Chosen for location and cuisin; was not disappointed. Arrived during a heavy rain storm and most of our party was still missing. We waited by the bar a few minutes and when another of our party arrive they proceeded to seat us. Atmosphere is very happy and bustling. Makes for a great conversations and upbeat experience. We ordered appetizers and drinks as it took the remainder of our party over an hour to arrive. Service was quick, efficient and very attentive the entire time. Food was very good we started with the focaccia pizza and the Carpaccio Malatesta and all ordered very tasty entrees Lasagna, Tris of Sofia, Serafina Chicken Salad . On the whole our experience here was very pleasant and we look forward to revisiting soon.Special Features:
- Great LunchWillowVIPDined on 5/13/2014Went with friends in the area. Had a great salad Goat Cheese with chicken. The dressing was great. We shared a pizza, which never disappoints. Very good and very full!Special Features:
- YummyLovenycDined on 5/11/2014Everything was great from the smazing hostess to the food. Delish!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/30/2014Business meeting dinner on 4/30 for 8 people. Great experience. We will come back!Special Features:
- Serafina meatpackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Of all Serafinas, this one is on the bottom of my list. Cooked food was very good, salads did not look fresh, ambience was so so. It did not have the trendy sophistication of the other locations.
- just not good!diner112VIPDined on 4/13/2014Poor service, rude bartender Sunday at 1pm, food was not good. another table left without eating next to us........says alot. We should have too......
- Not for businessMaggieDined on 4/10/2014Food was good, waiter was terrific. But no way to have a conversation at all. The noise level was off the charts at 6:30 pm . We could not hear our guest at a small table for four. We shouted through the evening. No place ever for business dinner or catchup with friends. Great for young crowdSpecial Features:
- Good but I've had betterPurpos3VIPDined on 3/22/2014Serafina was decent. The food was good but nothing to rave about. I think the portions are entirely too small for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishNikkiBDined on 1/5/2014Amazing food. We ordered for 5 people and were only 2. Everything was gone. It was that good. Service was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceRestaurantGuyDined on 11/9/2013The Serafina menu is the same across all their venues and the food consistently delivers in terms of taste and quality. What made my night at the Meatpacking location special was the great and friendly service and the great crowd. We sat downstairs in the small(ish) bar area but it was great for people watching and our waiters (yes, plural) were friendly and helpful. And no one rushed us out of there, despite having 2 after dinner cocktails.Special Features:
- Good Italian SpotELSandeenDined on 11/7/2013Family of five had a nice dinner after touring NYC. Teen boys devoured pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, not worth the moneymfw222Dined on 10/22/2013Needed a place for a business lunch that was quieter than some of the other places nearby. We sat outside and had to wave down staff to get A refill of water- ONE - I spent most of the meal with an empty glass & were never asked about refills for our other beverages. We were clearly not done with our meal and the server asked if I was done while picking up my plate. I planned on finishing the other half of my soggy pile of arugula but wasn't going to after she picked up the plate. Finally the restaurant next door lit a grill right next to us about 3/4 of the way through our meal. Some of the staff noticed it and instead of offering to move us indoors or to another section outside, they just walked away commenting on how smelly it was.
- Excellent spot for lunch!SanchezVIPDined on 10/22/2013Great location, excellent food, good service! The outdoor seating is cool for people watching in this hip neighborhood. Totally recommend!Special Features:
- Sunny Sunday afternoon @ Serafina'sLibraryGalDined on 10/20/2013We three enjoyed a relaxing Sunday afternoon meal at Serafina's. Since it was a warm fall day, we chose to sit outside - a great spot for people watching and the noise level allowed for conversation (inside was loud). Two of us ordered the 3 fresh pastas combination - delicious, the goat cheese walnut salad was also yummy. Our fried calamari appetizer - excellent. Service was prompt overall, but the delay in getting the parmesan and pepper allowed our entrees to cool. I would suggest they bring those items automatically. Drink prices were rather exorbitant. Overall a lovely afternoon in the meatpacking district. This restaurant is very close to the south-end of the Highline. The staff is very accommodating, and you do not feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They didnt have my opentablelrosenblattDined on 10/12/2013They didnt have my opentable reservation when i arrived - so they "found" a table for us. And because we had a table that was then reserved later on in the evening, they rushed everything even after being asked to slow down the service.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationMaxxDined on 10/11/2013Went with a big group of 12 and they catered to us extremely well. Drinks came fast, food was good, and price was very reasonable. Would recommend this place to everyone looking for a fun dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday Brunch.....GoodRegiDined on 9/15/2013Great Sunday Brunch.....Good Service. A definite thumbs up.Special Features:
- Not for foodies- atmosphere is okRfoodieDined on 8/29/2013If you're going to eat here to be in meat packing then it's ok- the atmosphere is fun and the location is great. The food was average at best. For the 5/13 dishes that were brought to our large party, the food was incredibly salty- we could barely eat it. Our waiter forgot to bring 2 people's main courses (he forgot to enter it into the system) so they did not get their food until everyone was done eating. When my friend confronted him about how he forgot the orders and how she saw him run to the computer to enter it in, he lied And made up this elaborate story for why their food was late- just be honest about it! The waiter offered nothing to make up for the poor service and was actually rude the rest of the meal. I would not return.Special Features:
- Great for familiesPolychrestDined on 8/17/2013We went to this with a friend and baby and it was great. Food was good and service was good. Great nice restaurant to take kids.Special Features: