Serafina Fabulous Grill
33 East 61st Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Serafina Fabulous Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://always.serafinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127029898x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday - Thursday:11:30am - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am Sunday 11:00am - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Serafina Fabulous Grill
Everyone, from beautiful models and young professionals to families and business types on power lunches, flocks to Serafina Fabulous Grill to enjoy the ambiance and delicious cuisine found in this upbeat three room restaurant. Choose from a variety of homemade pastas and fresh grilled meats, fish and vegetables. Always buzzing with good music, animated conversation and hearty laughter, diners can enjoy authentic Italian cuisine on the terrace, in the main dining room with the open fire grill and cherrywood burning oven or at the lively bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Serafina Fabulous Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (16)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (8)romantic (6)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- KathyDined on 8/30/2014Large menu with something for everyone. I ordered the Bresaola for a starter. Nice and solidly good. The Branzino al Cherry Tomatoes, was also quite good with the fish perfectly cooked. If i could find a complaint, it would be that there was just a little bit too much sauce in the dish for my liking. My husband ordered a pizza which he enjoyed. Service was medium, but the place was bustling.Special Features:
- Great LunchsussVIPDined on 8/21/2014We had a party of 11 people, 6 of which were clients. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal. The lobster carpacchio appetizer was delicious, as was the tuna. I would definitely recommend this location and will be going back.Special Features:
- Friendly PlacescorpioDined on 8/20/2014Curteous service makes up for adequate but not special foodSpecial Features:
- sunshineVIPDined on 8/19/2014Went for dinner at the East 61st Street location. Menu is somewhat limited and the space is small making for tight tables so you hope for a quiet party next to you. Staff is pleasant and food is good but not a knockout. Go when it is convenient for you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrowserVIPDined on 8/1/2014Food simple and excellent...a bit lively near the bar...hey, that's how it should be, right! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time in the new spacenycdinerVIPDined on 7/31/2014serafina is one of our family go-to spots for over a decade. it's always solid food, attentive service and usually bustling. the new space is no different. my fav dish will always be the gnocchi. pizzas are amazing as well as the veal.
- Not worth the visitFoodie101VIPDined on 7/30/2014We have been a fan of Sarafina for years - but no more ! Not what it use to be ! Chicken parm was over cooked and tasted like it was stacked up in the kitchen hours before and then reheated with a little sauce and cheeze. Should have sent it back but no one would understand
- Great before a show.joecDined on 7/24/2014Friendly service and excellent food. Great if you are heading for 59 E 59.Special Features:
- GREAT!!!JULIREBELDined on 7/16/2014Serafina moved next door from their original space. It is very well planned and the layout is great. Food, as usual was excellent. Service was very attentive and the staff was friendly and helpful. The only minus is the noise level, which is extremely high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattVIPDined on 7/16/2014We had a lunch reservation, but they told us we would have to wait 15 minutes when we got there, because they had given away all the tables. When taking people out to lunch, this is not an ideal way to start your experience. I have been to this Serafina many times and have to say that the past two times have been average at best. My entree came out with our appetizers and the pizza crust was soggy. This used to be one of my favorite spots, but I think I am going to have to find a new restaurant.
- Very goodBiaspvDined on 7/14/2014It was a family dinner with a kid but the adults had a great time with good food and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, service is TERRIBLEOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/14/2014The service is the worst! We waited an hour and 10 minutes for our starters. Our waiter did not bring bread or fill our water glasses until after we received our food. The food itself was not bad but I prefer going somewhere where the food is good and the service at the very least acceptable. That would exclude a another visit to Serafina at least at this location
- EvelynVIPDined on 7/4/2014There's no excuse for the poor service your skeleton crew provided the day of our meal. The upstairs area was basically 90% empty.
- Always reliableMJP60VIPDined on 6/28/2014Go to place when in the area. Always reliable. We had great server who made it that much better.Special Features:
- Great for the young "In Crowd"LindaDined on 6/23/2014This place was hopping! I was surprised that we got in at the last minute. Most patrons appeared to be groups (small and large) of twenty-somethings and thirty-somethings. Everyone was having a good time, and the manager/owner (?) as well as the wait-staff was very attentive. They did seem to specialize more in pastas than other dishes, but everything we tried (or saw) was excellent.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerAnnieVIPDined on 6/19/2014This was a last minute, and a random choice, and it turned out to be a terrific one! The food was very good, as was the service. We will definitely go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic!nancyDined on 6/9/2014The burrata with smoked salmon was amazing and my friend had the lasagna bolognese - our meals were delicious and service was friendly and efficient. Definitely a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentestabDined on 6/6/2014Was very happy with the pasta. Excellent flavour and perfectly cookedSpecial Features:
- Excellent¡¡¡NYCHotSpotVIPDined on 5/30/2014Best pizza in town (my suggestion and also my favorite are Di Fabio and Formaggi D-italia). Pastas are also delicious and desserts too. Great option for a casual and chick diner in the UES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 39 reviews are from the Serafina Fabulous Grill reviews archive.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2014My daughter had eaten here several times with her friends, and wanted to have a family dinner there. We were seated promptly, and then essentailly ignored for 15 minutes. No bread. Water took another 10 minutes. Another 10 minutes before we could order. The food was delivered promptly, and was quite good. It took a good 15 minutes before we could get the attention of our waitress to get the check. The prices were high for the food we got. I am unlikely to go there again.
- Dinner with little kidsjakeDined on 5/11/2014We were seated at a large round table where the kids could sit inside and still have lots of room to draw with the provided crayons and do what little kids do. We never felt that we were disturbing anyone because they seated us away from the crowd and really comfortably. I wrote that the two kids were under 5 years and they considered it for our comfort as well as for the convenience of other guests. Will do it again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CphnycVIPDined on 4/28/2014I have been coming here for years and i won't any longer. Not only were we rushed, the staff was rude/surly but the restaurant was more than half empty and yet they seated us next to a very loud group, despite that we were with older guests.The bus, wait staff and kitchen seemed out of sync, they started to forcibly clear our appetizers to make way for the main courses- while we were still eating them!The food was decent but far from what it once was and the staff seemed like they could not wait to get us out of there. Plates were slammed down and the attitude was almost aggressive.
- MferVIPDined on 4/20/2014Have had lunch there and now Easter brunch Will go back when in NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crying baby central!scottyVIPDined on 4/18/2014Pizza here is fabulous. Hands down. However lunchtime here is heavy on the stroller set. That coupled with the tight quarters makes for the potential for multiple temper tantrums to occur at once. That was the case during this visit making a great pizza barely tolerable. I would only reccomend coming to this location after baby bedtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised. I thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/25/2014Pleasantly surprised. I thought as a chain it would be only fair, and it was quite good. Also Italian speaking people seated near me, which was a good sign. One of the reasons we chose it was because the price seemed moderate but we ended up spending $85/head anyway (before tip). Given the dearth of good restaurants in this part of town, this is an excellent option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceGoodEatsDined on 3/15/2014Food was good, went for a date. Service was very nice, fast and efficient. I would dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Go for Casual Dinnerras831Dined on 3/11/2014If you in the Upper East Side and are tired of extravagant food and need very good food at fair prices and casual attire, this is perfect. The lobster pasta is fabulous and wine list extremely fair. Great pizzas and all the other pasta dishes I’ve tried are very good. This place fills up fast after 7pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasteless food, lousy wineJn700VIPDined on 3/7/2014Fish was over cooked and drowned in a tasteless pinkish sauce, chicken Parmesan was petrified and gnocchi dish was just goo. Cheapest bottle of red wine at $65 retails for $8 in wine shops. Needless to say it was a waste... Filled with UES parents feeding pizza to their kids. Yuck.
- Fun & friendlySteveDined on 2/28/2014The staff and services are terrific. Food is also very good. Must start off by sharing a pizza & then find out what the daily specials are. The ownership is as nice as the staff & most always there to make your visit a memorable one.Special Features:
- Good PizzadineoutVIPDined on 2/27/2014The pizza is very good but the other dishes are bland and overcooked. This restaurant is good for groups but the service and food could use a little more attention.Special Features:
- A fancy pizzeriaLuv2eatVIPDined on 2/22/2014Great food, good service . Nice atmosphere ... If your looking for a casual night with a high end touch this is the place. Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were looking for a differentBonnieVIPDined on 2/20/2014We were looking for a different Italian restaurant in the low 60s and decided to try Serafina. The service and the food were fine, but not better than "good." We wanted to like it more than we did. A problem in getting Open Table credit from the restaurant that reported us as a now show didn't help.
- Girls lunchsouthamptonVIPDined on 2/9/2014Brought my daughters and friend to have Sunday lunch. Truffle focaccia was amazing! Pasta and salad was delusions as well. Saw other friends there who also commented what a good meal they had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beLalloVIPDined on 2/7/2014This used to be decent and affordable, but lately not so much any more. Last two times I went, food is becoming more and more mediocre and very pricey. I won't go anymore and do not recommend it anymore.
- acoupleandadaughter delicious daysacoupleandadaughterDined on 1/21/2014We have been there on Serafina one year and a half ago, and we returned there jan/2014. We had about 4 meals in 4 days and we aprecciate de service, food and the place. The restaurant changed the place but it's still wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizzampb46Dined on 1/10/2014Had a great pizza and some really good pasta. The portions including the pizza were small. It is also a bit pricey . Overall, it is a decent place to go.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/31/2013We had a great time food was excellent and we ordered a lot. Felt a little rushed by staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday LunchKevinGDined on 12/27/2013Took the family to NYC for a Christmas visit. This spot was convenient. Menu was interesting and varied. Everyone enjoyed their lunch and the overall restaurant experience.Special Features:
- Good experiencesuttonplaceVIPDined on 12/25/2013I was looking for a neighborhood place that was open Christmas that had good food and was casual and Serafina fit the billSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Neighborhood by The ParkTheSpiceManDined on 12/25/2013Nice location, long narrow restaurant, with lots of noise and super fast service. We sat upstairs with all the families, small table for 5 people. Somewhat pricey, and good food,mbut not a place to relax and enjoy the company of your family conversation. Downstairs is the best place to sit, relax, and enjoy the slower service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.