Serafina East Hampton
104 North Main Street
East Hampton, NY 11937Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Serafina East Hampton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.serafinarestaurant.com/serafina/
- Phone: 6312673500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Serafina East Hampton
Serafina East Hampton combines the quaint, comfortable style of the local community with our signature energy and enthusiasm. We feature a lively bar adjacent to our spacious dining room. You may also dine in our outdoor patio and relax under our vine covered pergola while you enjoy a drink before or after your meal. Serafina provides authentic Northern Italian cuisine made with the highest quality ingredients. Choose from a variety of pizzas, pastas, and fresh grilled fish and meats to experience a truly delicious Italian experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Serafina East Hampton - Best Restaurants in East Hampton ›
Serafina East Hampton reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (21)great for outdoor dining (21)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (13)hot spot (9)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (2)special occasion (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Too hot for a good food experienceCraigVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had to wait a long time to be seated. Guests before us did not want to leave. About a 30 minute wait.Special Features:
- RiesdezinsDined on 10/10/2014My daughter and I decided to have a quick dinner on our way back to our home in The Springs. We were both pleasintely surprised! The service was wonderful, the red wine was a great choice and the veal dish was delicious. We will definitely return on our next trip out east!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serafina best for pizzactltribecaVIPDined on 9/27/2014long wait even for water. We asked for pepper for our appetizers, three times. This never arrivedSpecial Features:
- Consistently good food and serviceJsstan1Dined on 9/25/2014Always a good meal and attentive service. Risotto was outstanding and the burrata appy is creamy and deliciousSpecial Features:
- Nicely doneLazypointer799VIPDined on 9/13/2014Been to a number of serafina's and always good to great. The plain marguerite pizza is truly great, although if you are truly hungry you will need more food. We also had the porcini ravioli and a the pancetta pasta. Both very good, a wee bit salty but still very nice. Great place, nice service. We were here a little early 6:45 after Labor Day so no idea on how to judge the crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Loud, overcrowded, overpriced, food tasted like cardboard. It's a shame because I love the Serafinas in NYC. This Serafina in East Hampton is nothing like the ones in NYC.
- Great night at SerafinaatlantamagnoliaVIPDined on 8/22/2014There is always a nice vibe here .. great setting indoor and out; the patio is very summery and cozy. Our food was great - both the penne and the spaghetti with lobster were nice dishes. The standout was our waiter, Camillo. He provided excellent service and made the entire experience go from ordinary to wonderful. Serafina is always a reliable choice .. good atmosphere, good food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/18/2014Lovely spot with outdoor dining on N. Main Street. Food was good, overpriced for what you get as is everything out here. Service was okay, water refilled regularly although when we asked for more bread, (there were 5 of us and they gave us 3 pieces) the guy made a face! I also checked the menu online, saw the prices and they were on average 2-3 dollars more on the menu at the restaurant. I think they should have updated menus on line. Could have gone to Sam's and had a better meal for a lot less.Special Features:
- AvoidBatmanDined on 8/14/2014The fish had an odor to it ,it came out before the appetizers, we had to request the salads three times . My wife who is allergic to garlic sure enough got a dish with garlic on it. Hopefully this was unusual.
- Serafina an "oldie but goodie"ZiziDined on 8/13/2014After several years in this location, Serafina in East Hampton continues to be a reliably good restaurant with one excellent dish for vegans, which I always order when I dine there:Spaghetti Squash. My 2 dinner companions who are not vegetarian/vegan tasted it and pronounced it "delicious", although they both thoroughly enjoyed their spaghetti with clam sauce and spaghetti with zucchini. This is a great alternative choice for those seeking those "elusive" vegan entrees in the Hamptons. However, the noise level in this restaurant which caters to families, some with very young children, even babies, many of whom will be crying, shouting etc. can be disturbing, and having thumping music in the background only adds to the noise discomfort.Special Features:
- OkayMitchDined on 8/12/2014Pizza with arugula was tasty, but salty. Cornish hen was very good. Pasta with meat sauce as very dry and fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay...just okayDocDeenVIPDined on 8/12/2014Okay when springing for a restaurant meal is not good enough. It Started with the greeting. The Hostess did her job, but with a scowl on her face. Felt like we interrupted her in the middle of an important text. Our waiter was solid...polite and attentive. The appetizers (soup of the day...minestrone and a Caesar salad) were on the bland side. Not bad just nothing special. Dinner (pasta bolognese and a flat bread pizza) were solid. Pasta portion was on the small side. All in all...it was okay. There are better choices in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner On A Busy WeekendOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/8/2014We had a group of four for dinner on a Weekend in August. Usually restaurants are stretched thin in August and things go wrong. Not at Serafina in East Hampton. We had 3 courses and the food was excellent. Our courses were served promptly yet we never felt rushed. Bar scene was fun and outdoor seating was nice!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/4/2014Good for casual dinner with kids or after a movie. Veggie plate very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLindaDined on 8/1/2014No bread on table. Staff ok. Food ok. Not great. No coffee. After dinner and before theater we would have wanted a cup. None available. Very disappointing. Left unsatisified.Special Features:
- Always greatmissaustralianballetDined on 7/29/2014Serafina never disappoints ! Always great food and service. Reliable and fast. Always a pleasureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place to bring the kidsNYFoodieinDCDined on 7/24/2014We had a fine meal at Serafina. Compared to other restaurants in the area it is reasonably priced.We are empty nesters but were delighted to see families at the restaurant, the children enjoying pizza and pasta. But they also have good food for grown-ups prepared nicely. My veal scallopini hit the spot. Wait staff was attentive and service is fast (perhaps a little too fast). All around a good solid place for a meal.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 7/24/2014They have to be kidding with the bottled wine prices. $55 for the cheapest bottle.
- LOUDMikeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Unfortuatelly it was a Saturday Night and the restaurant was still full of young children running around nearly missing the waiters. My wife and I could not wait to get out of there, there was no doubt that there was going to be an accident in there. This was 7:30-8:00PM, my wife could never imagine bringing our children to this place at that time of night. It will be a long time before we will go back, maybe on the off season!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going back againTruefoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014I gave this East Hampton Serafina three chances. I'm done here! Done with discrimination!
- snowpitVIPDined on 7/5/2014This dinner was a terrible experience. Service was as bad as it could get. Very disorganized wait staff, inattentive, and unprofessional. Food only mediocre. Very long wait for each course to come out.Special Features:
- greatdinnerDined on 7/4/2014Decent dinner, good service, reasonable prices except for the price of a glass of wine, which is too high for this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uninspiredDined on 6/28/2014Asked for a glass of "house cabernet".....Got charged $16....Now that's a rip-off ! This is not a high class place in any respect except that stupid glass of wine.....insulting to the clienteleSpecial Features:
- Great evening.RobinDined on 6/27/2014Everything was great. Just as expected. We have been there many times and it was very good.Special Features:
- The following 60 reviews are from the Serafina East Hampton reviews archive.
- miscebe9800VIPDined on 6/14/2014very pleasant eating outside! nice atmosphere! loved the idea of the blankets!Special Features:
- Food and Service sub-parHamptonsFoodieVIPDined on 6/8/2014Like many restaurants in the area this one was has some early season service issues which will improve over time. The food was another story. We ordered two specials- a pasta dish and chicken parmigiana. We were not told the prices of the specials and made the mistake not to ask. In an apparent effort to justify a hefty $30 price tag for chicken parmigiana, the chicken was the size of a pizza. In addtion to serving a portion that was far too large even for a diner with a large appetite, some salad was placed not on the side, but directly on top of the chicken and melted cheese. All in all, not very appetizing. And, in terms of flavor, no better than your average pizza parlor.
- a favorite placeCindyVIPDined on 6/7/2014Serafinas is always a favorite Great selection on their menu food is always consistantly delicious Service is so friendly always eager to please you We love the whole ambiance of the place & in the warmer weather outdoor dining is so relaxing We go almost every weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Big noiseNuffsaidDined on 6/7/2014Tasty food, uneven service, plenty of covered outdoor seating and not pricy at all. That said, if you have anything to chat with your dinner partners about, make sure you're not sitting next to one of the large groups there. The big parties make it deafening! Otherwise, pretty pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian foodJMcGDined on 5/31/2014The food here is always delicious. The homemade ravioli in a butter sage sauce was outstanding, and the basil strawberry martinis were refreshing and delicious. The ricotta cheesecake was perfect, with just a hint of sweetness to end the meal.Special Features:
- Very disappoitingruthVIPDined on 5/24/2014Eat here all the time. Very rushed in and out within 1 hour. Very noisy and up appealing. This is off our summer dining placesSpecial Features:
- barbEHVIPDined on 5/23/2014it's the beginning of the "season" in East Hampton and no one has their act together yet. We are way too old to go out on weekends, but Serafina is still good - especially if you goearly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dependable Hamptons favoritegiljoyDined on 5/17/2014Serafina is an upscale Italian restaurant with a warm Hamptons vibe. Kids might sometimes roam between the tables as their parents dine but it's all well behaved informal fun. The staff is young, friendly, and usually knowledgeable about the food. It is not cheap for anywhere else, but it is reasonable for the Hamptons. The food is good and the portions fair.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Excellent service and food!! Didn't feel rushed and waiter was so helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- to perfection as alwaysCindyVIPDined on 5/2/2014Serafina never disappoints us The service is always wonderful The menu has so many great choices The food is delicious and the wine choices are really good The staff always makes us feel at home A true Hamptons treasureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to Serafina onKenofWainscottDined on 9/21/2013I have been to Serafina on many occasions, including one new year's eve, but sadly do not plan to dine there again. The hostess was amateurish and didn't acknowledge we had a reservation when I told her we did and gave her my name. The waiter was worse. We asked for butter on 3 occasions and if sitting there I'd still be waiting for it. We sat next to a large group that allowed the children in the party to run about without a word from the restaurant staff. Our entrees took an inordinately long time to be delivered and when they arrived they were barely warm. Is this a problem with the kitchen, the wait staff, or both. This restaurant has lost a formerly loyal customer. Given the service we encountered they probably don't care.
- OkayJoeGDined on 9/7/2013Serafina was ok...there was no bread on the table which is very odd. Fried Calamari was a little chewy. My salmon itself was good but didn't like the lentils and spinach combination it came with. My husband said his veal was good. The pizza for the kids looked a little sad. Overall this restaurant is not up to par with restaurants in East Hampton.Special Features:
- consistent crowd pleaserDaschaVIPDined on 9/6/2013It's nice to have Serafina in our neighborhood. It's become our "go to" place with friends and family and we know we'll always have great food and great service.Special Features:
- Surprisingly very good foodGreekGodVIPDined on 8/19/2013Surprisingly very good food and much better than its NYC sisters. View of main drag, which seems like the other side of the East Hampton tracks, but very good salads, pastas and focaccia. Great for the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for familiesRickVIPDined on 8/14/2013This is a great place to take kids if you get there early. Food is good, service is very good, but prices are typical East Hampton which means expensive.Special Features:
- A little would go a long wayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/28/2013Really delicious food. Waiter was very attentive but the restaurant is still plagued with sluggishness. I always forget until I'm there again. Somehow, I'm always being apologized to for how late my entree is. Fortunately it's delicious so I forget and return repeatedly. The thin crust pizza is excellent and my kids love the mini tennis racquet pasta drowned in salty butter (hell, so do I. Who wouldn't?). It's too bad the kitchen is either so overwhelmed or indifferent that there's inevitably a 40 minute wait between courses - I give the waiter points for at least apologizing to us for the delay..Special Features: