Serafina by The Water
926 Notheast 20th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Serafina by The Water
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.serabythewater.com/
- Phone: 9544632566
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michele Viscosi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Serafina by The Water
“SERAFINA” in Italian translates to both “angel of the sea” and “fine evening”. Those who have been there completely agree! Serafina also has a covered and heated patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Serafina by The Water - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Serafina by The Water reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (27)romantic (20)scenic view (16)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (10)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- TeriTeriDined on 8/25/2014Loved the food and the wait staff was very friendly....Special Features:
- Perfect Experience will be back!!funkspocDined on 8/17/2014I went here with my wife for our wedding anniversary. Mary Jane was the best and extremely helpful. I wanted to bring a bottle of champagne that was given to us on our wedding day and they were more than accommodating. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Rude waitor, no viewKC22blueDined on 8/16/2014The waitor was rude, he wanted us in and out- and the place was not even busy. First, the friendly host seated us.. The view was of the parked boats. There was a father and son seated in a way that they were facing us and talking about the boats for the entire meal. The waitor came and said what do you want to eat. No greeting or anything. We told him the two dishes.. He took our menus in a hurry.. And didn't even ask for drinks! We finished our dinners.. He cleared our table and gave us the bill! Weird!
- Nice place but service could be...AikiDined on 8/9/2014...a bit more polished. Food was very nice and outdoor seating was relaxing. The only complaint would be the server we had was a little unpolished. He would pour our water while the glasses were still on the table by reaching over the table...ice chips and drops of water over everything. When asked if I could add a protein to one of the pasta dishes...he hesitated as if this was frowned upon. The wine list seems fairly extensive; I would like to see more "by the glass" options.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martin FuchsmanYankee2Dined on 8/2/2014My wife loved her birthday dinner . The server knew who I was after we had spoken the day before. Food, drinks and overall service were outstanding. A surprise blind selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & ambiencejcosDined on 7/26/2014Went for my niece's graduation with six people. Very nice atmosphere sitting outside along water. The food was great for all. Our waiter was a bit weak, bringing the wrong appetizer and trying to get us to keep it, but we wanted the original item and he apologized and ended up giving us the incorrect item to go, on the house. The other wait staff was very attentive & friendly, and all worked together to help one anothers' tables.Special Features:
- Too expensive for what it iscarminabDined on 7/25/2014We were seduced by the website. In reality it's not quite as romantic, one has huge yachts right in front of one's nose. The food was ok, but nothing special at all for what one expects at the price, think Carrabbas style. FOR OPEN TABLE: Section 2 is not adequate - you list only positive items. Not one of them applies to Serafina; in order to send this review it is mandatory to select one.Special Features:
- delightful eveningGerrierDined on 7/19/2014Our food was excellent and the brucetta to start was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising!StephDined on 7/17/2014It was our first time at Serafina's and we were impressed by the food. All pasta are home made and it was delicious. The Caprese was amazing. Good ratio quantity-price and they let us bring the leftovers home. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A REAL TASTE OF ITALYFoodieDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed the authentic Italian food served at the restaurant. From the gracious staff to the tasty food it's like you escaped to a small village in Italy. We are definitely looking forward to our next experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotLarsDined on 6/20/2014Very well prepared Italian food with a continental flairSpecial Features:
- Delicious outdoor diningYummyVIPDined on 6/14/2014This is the second time I have eaten here and the food is incredible! This time though we had a lot of problems with the check. We split it 4ways for 7 ppl and they messes up 2 of 4 credit cards twice! I will still go back but might bring cash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/10/2014What a great find in Fort Lauderdale! Food was fantastic...Bread warm and from Gran Forno Bakery, salad light and plentiful and the main course outstanding. The chilean sea bass with seafood dish is to die for! A wonderful small romantic restaurant to share delicious food, drink and conversation in a beautiful outdoor setting with soothing italian music playing in the background. A diamond in the rough not to be missed!Special Features:
- Awesome restaurant!LinenhueDined on 6/7/2014Dined here for the first time Saturday and really enjoyed it. Don't be discouraged by the reviews saying Serafina is "run down," it's quaint, cozy and elegant without any glitz or glamor. If you expect perfection then small neighborhood restaurants aren't for you.. Our server, Joe, was superb, offering excellent suggestions and descriptions of the specials which we ordered and were glad we did. Our appetizers and entrees arrived exactly when they should have and our dinner was paced leisurely on a nice night to be on the Intracoastal. It is true that the view is more or less the sterns of very large yachts but it hardly spoiled the ambience. We'll be back and highly recommend Serafina.Special Features:
- patio dinig in Fort Lauderdalejfs226VIPDined on 6/7/2014We love Serafina. IN FACT we will be back next week to celebrate my girlfriend's major birthday. Very charming, scenic and great food. Wines are well priced, as well as the menu. What ever one orders they will be VERY happy. I had the salt backed Bronzino. It was my poor decision to order this since I hate salt. Yes the skin is removed once deboned, but still it was to salty for me. My husband LOVED it, but he enjoys the taste of salt. His occu bucco was finger liking great and the risotto to die for. If you are an Italian cheese cake fan this is the place to indulge in the calories. Serafina is very small so make a reservation, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Food, But a bit of a DiveLisR05Dined on 5/24/2014Go for the food, not for the ambience.... Place is a bit run down and in great need of upgrading.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChipVIPDined on 5/22/2014The staff was very accommodating and the food was excellent. Thank you for making our anniversary a memorable one.Special Features:
- The following 174 reviews are from the Serafina by The Water reviews archive.
- VIPfoodyVIPDined on 5/18/2014Serafina is a local gem, with excellent fish & pasta, and the feel of old italy. We sat outside by the intracoastal on a mild evening, and the service was very good. EnjoySpecial Features:
- Always EnjoyableLauderdaleJohnDined on 5/15/2014The food, service and outdoor setting at Serafina are always excellent. We have been several times and will continue to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BewareOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Not like pictures. Place looks run down. No view cause old best up boats are blocking view. Not worth it. Only good thing was the Caesar salad.
- DissappointedSadatfllDined on 5/3/2014I had been to Seráfina before and had a good experience and liked the quiet ambiance by the water, so when I had guests from out of town it was my first choice to take them. It was very noisy outside, hot, the food was so, so and the worst was the tired and unpolite waiter.Special Features:
- Odd experiencelaudydiVIPDined on 5/3/2014Even though it was a hot and humid evening, the doors to the patio were kept open. We could appreciate the difficulty of carrying trays and having to negotiate doors, but there was virtually no benefit to sitting indoors as it felt as hot and sticky as the outdoors did. More shocking was that they ran out of some ingredients of one of the dishes two of us ordered .. instead, we were brought a completely different preparation than that which we had ordered.. with no mention of this. When we questioned the server, she was very kind and offered us another meal, stating clearly that it would take about 20 minutes for any fish dish... which would have allowed two of our party of four to eat at one time, and the other two at a later time.
- A GemsimopattiVIPDined on 5/3/2014We have been to Serafina several times --live out if town, but make a point of it always. The food is authentic and the atmosphere is cozy , warm & reminds me of Italy !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2014Not worth the money. Food and service not great. Servers not very personable. Very hot outside, no fans on.Special Features:
- girlsniteoutDined on 4/27/2014I thought it a bit overpriced for the location and ambience and food. The food was very good as was the service. The people I dined with thought the dessert was the best and that they could have made their salmon dishes as home. I love the portion of my risotto as I got 3 meals from it. It was heavy on the sauce though.Special Features:
- Italian Food with Old World CharmDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 4/24/2014You can not top the ambience at Serafina, the outdoor patio sits right on the water with a beautiful view of the Intracoastal. As you dine you feel like you could be sitting in Italy. This small intimate restaurant is a real neighborhood gem off the beaten path. The food is delicious and the staff is attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. I have eaten here several times and each time it was delicious and enjoyable. There are always different specials in addition to the regular menu so I can not recommend one particular dish, but I do suggest trying anything on special; the chef creates new items daily. The owner takes pride in the restaurant and frequently walks around greeting diners. Always a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT..BUTdfor50VIPDined on 4/19/2014This was our third time eating at this restaurant, it has always been great, but this time the friends we brought with us were not happy. Their meals were served cold and had to be sent back, when the meals did come out they both stated that the food was tasteless and very bland. My wife's and my food were good, not great but we give a little for the romantic setting. I guess the third time was the back breaker...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice eveningsteveDined on 4/12/2014table was ready and staff was very attentive food was excellent very nice waterfront diningSpecial Features:
- yelp brought me here...NJ2FLDined on 4/10/2014When we arrived we were a little confused because we can see the kitchen from the street and felt we arrived to the wrong location. We decided to proceed down a pathway that led to the elegant ambiance pictured online. We were seated outside on a patio overlooking water.The table we was leaning I was looking for a rock or brick to help level it out so I could get more comfy. To the food...we ordered spicy mussels in white wine sauce that had no taste. Then I ordered a risotto dish with 2 scallops and 2 prawns cut in half. The taste was good and I didn't take the leftovers. My partner ordered a grouper dish that was just okay and lacked flavor. Would we go again no, would we recommend not really. The servers were nice though.Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurantFentonVIPDined on 4/6/2014A great Italian restaurant right on the water. Good value and well worth a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serafina a Hidden GemLadyluvseafoodDined on 4/5/2014Small walkway into the restaurant set the stage for a European feel. Service was excellent, the dinner was amazing portions very large. Overall, the setting,music, wine,service & the food made Serafina a dining experience will return to again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice spot.KTsankeyDined on 3/28/2014Food was wonderful. Our server was very helpful, but we seemed to get forgotten about a lot. So dinner took a little longer than it should, but I would still recommend serafina'a to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific Italian SeafoodElaineDined on 3/28/2014A terrific Italian Seafood restaurant. Everything we have ever eaten here has been wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Serefina by the WaterspicedplumVIPDined on 3/22/2014It was so wonderful, Its Ft Lauderdale's best kept secret . I don't want anyone else to find it otherwise I'll never get a reservation! Ha!Ha! Seriously its awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The setting along the ICWals944VIPDined on 3/14/2014The setting along the ICW is great - ya' gotta' love it!Special Features:
- Looks are deceivingAubbieVIPDined on 3/12/2014When we pulled up to Serafina we wondered if we should keep our reservation! It is not in the best part of town, you need to walk down the side of the building to actually get into the restaurant. Inside seating is very small with plenty of outside seating with a water view. Be careful if sitting outside- the patio slopes and depending where you sit this could affect how stable your table and chair are! The food was good, solid Italian food. There was nothing that was outstanding but good. Their seafood soup was the best part of the meal. The portions are generous.Special Features:
- Seemed as though they wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014Seemed as though they were unprepared for the crowd, everything took an extremely long time. Our food was delicious, when it finally arrived. Waitress was great, but was definitely overwhelmed. We were lucky and had a later dinner, so by the time we were finishing things were slowing down & she was able to be much more attentive. Would give the restaurant another shot as the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Budget TimeLivingOnTheBeachVIPDined on 3/9/2014Usually go to Serafina for special occasions as know will be good meals with something to please everyone. Seafood, sea bass, veal chop and antipasto salad were all delicious. Only complaint was the kitchen was VERY slow. Took over 2 hours for our party of 4 to have dinner. Not servers fault, as she did check back with us and comped us coffee drinks. With expanded waterfront seating, many more patrons will be able to experience dining outside on the canal. Willing to give it another try, as food and ambiance are so good.Special Features:
- Snapper SpecialricdamarDined on 3/1/2014hadn't been to Serafina for a long time. We were a party of five. Everyone enjoyed their salads and entrees. I had the Snapper Special and it was beautifully served and very well prepared. The waitress was charming,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pros and consgorgeousDined on 2/28/2014The owners were wonderful and Dominique was a delight to talk to about their Restaurant. They do plan on fixing the patio. On the south side. So I was told call for any table Requests. The table was very very uncomfortable. Tables on the north side were much more Even. Our waiter was ok:the con however when asking for wine there was no list That he provided. He assumed I want wine by the glass versus the opportunity To get a bottle of wine. Upon asking for refills he was attentive to my Husband but not To my empty glass. Nor other beverage offers. He seemed to be very very attentive To one table if gentlemen next to us. Other waiters seem to be better in taking care Of their patrons much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.