Serafina by The Water
926 Notheast 20th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Serafina by The Water
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.serabythewater.com/
- Phone: (954) 463-2566
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michele Viscosi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Serafina by The Water
“SERAFINA” in Italian translates to both “angel of the sea” and “fine evening”. Those who have been there completely agree! This beautifully romantic, candlelit trattoria is nestled in Victoria Park on a gorgeous view of the Middle River. Its doors open to the most irresistibly charming ambiance and aromas of fantastic Mediterranean flavors. Serafina has a covered and heated patio so guests can enjoy their surroundings in every season!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Serafina by The Water - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Serafina by The Water reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (24)romantic (17)neighborhood gem (16)scenic view (14)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (12)good for groups (9)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Beautiful eveningLisalisaVIPDined on 11/15/2014Food was fantastic for our party of four, Service left a lot to be desired. Had to ask several times before Bread or ice was brought to the table. Our appetizer was taken from table before finished and without reason since entrees did not arrive for another 20 minutes. Over all the night was enjoyable but would have been unforgettable if the service had been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzinVIPDined on 11/15/2014The food is very good. The service was slow, as everything is fresh. The waiter refilled our wine glasses on the house. It was our 2nd visit and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Birthday DinnerHerroseDined on 11/15/2014The evening started off well. Seated immediately. Even tho we had a table for two, it was very confined. Drink order taken while we munched on the bruschetta. Specials of the evening were reviewed and then a few moments later our order was taken. Bread was brought but was literally thrown on the table by the waiter. We requested butter and that too was tossed on the table by him, along with some utensils. Seemed like he tossed everything on the table. Although our salad and soup arrived in a timely manner we waited over 40 minutes before our entrees arrived. The waiter came by twice asking us to be patient. Soon he came back with a glass of wine and dumped it into both of our wine glasses. That was an issue since we each were drinking a different type of wine. Furthermore, we wondered why it wasn't served from a bottle instead of from a glass? The manager/owner stopped by to apologize for the exceptionally long wait in getting our entrees. He offered us another glass of wine which we declined since we had just been served some from the "glass". He did offer to comp us with dessert. When the entrees finally arrived, my fish was dry and my wife's entree was extremely spicy hot even tho we specifically asked the waiter to make it on the light side, Apparently he didn't hear her request. Our complimentary dessert was wonderful, even though that also was tossed on the table. We were never asked if we wanted coffee or tea. Overall the experience was a disappointment, especially since I selected this restaurant to celebrate a special occasion, my wife's birthday!
- A great spotJulieVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is our go to spot if we're indecisive. Always enjoyable. The wait staff has been there for many years and are very knowledgable.Special Features:
- Never disappointsDeiveVIPDined on 11/7/2014We dine at Serafina whenever we are in Ft Lauderdale. This is the 5th time we've had dinner at Serafina and as expected had a wonderful evening. The wait staff are both personable and knowledgable. We had the veal chop and stuffed pork chop which both were succulent and flavorful. The recommended wine pairing complemented the meal very well. The cannoli was a tasty treat to top off the meal.Special Features:
- Just perfectNotthrilledDined on 11/6/2014We love Serafina's for special events or when out of town company arrives. It's charming and quaint. The food is always good - the staff in friendly and we have consistently had good meals. This was an evening that did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Fort Lauderdale's best kept secretspicedplumVIPDined on 10/26/2014Wonderful food and atmosphere this is Fort Lauderdale's best kept secret .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzinVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food was very good. The bus person asked if I wanted to take my entree home as I only ate a quarter of it. I said yes and she threw it out. The waiter got me pasta from the kitchen in a container. Not the same as my delicious entree, but better than nothing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate and RomanticmishjamDined on 10/14/2014We dined on the dock by the boats, music in the background, red wine, tasty meal, great service! The fish and seafood was fresh and flavourful, the lamb was soo good, and enough meat on the bonesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeriTeriDined on 8/25/2014Loved the food and the wait staff was very friendly....Special Features:
- Perfect Experience will be back!!funkspocDined on 8/17/2014I went here with my wife for our wedding anniversary. Mary Jane was the best and extremely helpful. I wanted to bring a bottle of champagne that was given to us on our wedding day and they were more than accommodating. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Rude waitor, no viewKC22blueDined on 8/16/2014The waitor was rude, he wanted us in and out- and the place was not even busy. First, the friendly host seated us.. The view was of the parked boats. There was a father and son seated in a way that they were facing us and talking about the boats for the entire meal. The waitor came and said what do you want to eat. No greeting or anything. We told him the two dishes.. He took our menus in a hurry.. And didn't even ask for drinks! We finished our dinners.. He cleared our table and gave us the bill! Weird!
- Nice place but service could be...AikiDined on 8/9/2014...a bit more polished. Food was very nice and outdoor seating was relaxing. The only complaint would be the server we had was a little unpolished. He would pour our water while the glasses were still on the table by reaching over the table...ice chips and drops of water over everything. When asked if I could add a protein to one of the pasta dishes...he hesitated as if this was frowned upon. The wine list seems fairly extensive; I would like to see more "by the glass" options.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martin FuchsmanYankee2Dined on 8/2/2014My wife loved her birthday dinner . The server knew who I was after we had spoken the day before. Food, drinks and overall service were outstanding. A surprise blind selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 186 reviews are from the Serafina by The Water reviews archive.
- Great food & ambiencejcosDined on 7/26/2014Went for my niece's graduation with six people. Very nice atmosphere sitting outside along water. The food was great for all. Our waiter was a bit weak, bringing the wrong appetizer and trying to get us to keep it, but we wanted the original item and he apologized and ended up giving us the incorrect item to go, on the house. The other wait staff was very attentive & friendly, and all worked together to help one anothers' tables.Special Features:
- Too expensive for what it iscarminabDined on 7/25/2014We were seduced by the website. In reality it's not quite as romantic, one has huge yachts right in front of one's nose. The food was ok, but nothing special at all for what one expects at the price, think Carrabbas style. FOR OPEN TABLE: Section 2 is not adequate - you list only positive items. Not one of them applies to Serafina; in order to send this review it is mandatory to select one.Special Features:
- delightful eveningGerrierDined on 7/19/2014Our food was excellent and the brucetta to start was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising!StephDined on 7/17/2014It was our first time at Serafina's and we were impressed by the food. All pasta are home made and it was delicious. The Caprese was amazing. Good ratio quantity-price and they let us bring the leftovers home. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A REAL TASTE OF ITALYFoodieDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed the authentic Italian food served at the restaurant. From the gracious staff to the tasty food it's like you escaped to a small village in Italy. We are definitely looking forward to our next experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotLarsVIPDined on 6/20/2014Very well prepared Italian food with a continental flairSpecial Features:
- Delicious outdoor diningYummyVIPDined on 6/14/2014This is the second time I have eaten here and the food is incredible! This time though we had a lot of problems with the check. We split it 4ways for 7 ppl and they messes up 2 of 4 credit cards twice! I will still go back but might bring cash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/10/2014What a great find in Fort Lauderdale! Food was fantastic...Bread warm and from Gran Forno Bakery, salad light and plentiful and the main course outstanding. The chilean sea bass with seafood dish is to die for! A wonderful small romantic restaurant to share delicious food, drink and conversation in a beautiful outdoor setting with soothing italian music playing in the background. A diamond in the rough not to be missed!Special Features:
- Awesome restaurant!LinenhueDined on 6/7/2014Dined here for the first time Saturday and really enjoyed it. Don't be discouraged by the reviews saying Serafina is "run down," it's quaint, cozy and elegant without any glitz or glamor. If you expect perfection then small neighborhood restaurants aren't for you.. Our server, Joe, was superb, offering excellent suggestions and descriptions of the specials which we ordered and were glad we did. Our appetizers and entrees arrived exactly when they should have and our dinner was paced leisurely on a nice night to be on the Intracoastal. It is true that the view is more or less the sterns of very large yachts but it hardly spoiled the ambience. We'll be back and highly recommend Serafina.Special Features:
- patio dinig in Fort Lauderdalejfs226VIPDined on 6/7/2014We love Serafina. IN FACT we will be back next week to celebrate my girlfriend's major birthday. Very charming, scenic and great food. Wines are well priced, as well as the menu. What ever one orders they will be VERY happy. I had the salt backed Bronzino. It was my poor decision to order this since I hate salt. Yes the skin is removed once deboned, but still it was to salty for me. My husband LOVED it, but he enjoys the taste of salt. His occu bucco was finger liking great and the risotto to die for. If you are an Italian cheese cake fan this is the place to indulge in the calories. Serafina is very small so make a reservation, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Food, But a bit of a DiveLisR05Dined on 5/24/2014Go for the food, not for the ambience.... Place is a bit run down and in great need of upgrading.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChipVIPDined on 5/22/2014The staff was very accommodating and the food was excellent. Thank you for making our anniversary a memorable one.Special Features:
- VIPfoodyVIPDined on 5/18/2014Serafina is a local gem, with excellent fish & pasta, and the feel of old italy. We sat outside by the intracoastal on a mild evening, and the service was very good. EnjoySpecial Features:
- Always EnjoyableLauderdaleJohnDined on 5/15/2014The food, service and outdoor setting at Serafina are always excellent. We have been several times and will continue to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BewareOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Not like pictures. Place looks run down. No view cause old best up boats are blocking view. Not worth it. Only good thing was the Caesar salad.
- DissappointedSadatfllDined on 5/3/2014I had been to Seráfina before and had a good experience and liked the quiet ambiance by the water, so when I had guests from out of town it was my first choice to take them. It was very noisy outside, hot, the food was so, so and the worst was the tired and unpolite waiter.Special Features:
- Odd experiencelaudydiVIPDined on 5/3/2014Even though it was a hot and humid evening, the doors to the patio were kept open. We could appreciate the difficulty of carrying trays and having to negotiate doors, but there was virtually no benefit to sitting indoors as it felt as hot and sticky as the outdoors did. More shocking was that they ran out of some ingredients of one of the dishes two of us ordered .. instead, we were brought a completely different preparation than that which we had ordered.. with no mention of this. When we questioned the server, she was very kind and offered us another meal, stating clearly that it would take about 20 minutes for any fish dish... which would have allowed two of our party of four to eat at one time, and the other two at a later time.
- A GemsimopattiVIPDined on 5/3/2014We have been to Serafina several times --live out if town, but make a point of it always. The food is authentic and the atmosphere is cozy , warm & reminds me of Italy !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2014Not worth the money. Food and service not great. Servers not very personable. Very hot outside, no fans on.Special Features:
- girlsniteoutDined on 4/27/2014I thought it a bit overpriced for the location and ambience and food. The food was very good as was the service. The people I dined with thought the dessert was the best and that they could have made their salmon dishes as home. I love the portion of my risotto as I got 3 meals from it. It was heavy on the sauce though.Special Features:
- Italian Food with Old World CharmDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 4/24/2014You can not top the ambience at Serafina, the outdoor patio sits right on the water with a beautiful view of the Intracoastal. As you dine you feel like you could be sitting in Italy. This small intimate restaurant is a real neighborhood gem off the beaten path. The food is delicious and the staff is attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. I have eaten here several times and each time it was delicious and enjoyable. There are always different specials in addition to the regular menu so I can not recommend one particular dish, but I do suggest trying anything on special; the chef creates new items daily. The owner takes pride in the restaurant and frequently walks around greeting diners. Always a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT..BUTdfor50VIPDined on 4/19/2014This was our third time eating at this restaurant, it has always been great, but this time the friends we brought with us were not happy. Their meals were served cold and had to be sent back, when the meals did come out they both stated that the food was tasteless and very bland. My wife's and my food were good, not great but we give a little for the romantic setting. I guess the third time was the back breaker...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice eveningsteveDined on 4/12/2014table was ready and staff was very attentive food was excellent very nice waterfront diningSpecial Features:
- yelp brought me here...NJ2FLDined on 4/10/2014When we arrived we were a little confused because we can see the kitchen from the street and felt we arrived to the wrong location. We decided to proceed down a pathway that led to the elegant ambiance pictured online. We were seated outside on a patio overlooking water.The table we was leaning I was looking for a rock or brick to help level it out so I could get more comfy. To the food...we ordered spicy mussels in white wine sauce that had no taste. Then I ordered a risotto dish with 2 scallops and 2 prawns cut in half. The taste was good and I didn't take the leftovers. My partner ordered a grouper dish that was just okay and lacked flavor. Would we go again no, would we recommend not really. The servers were nice though.Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurantFentonVIPDined on 4/6/2014A great Italian restaurant right on the water. Good value and well worth a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serafina a Hidden GemLadyluvseafoodDined on 4/5/2014Small walkway into the restaurant set the stage for a European feel. Service was excellent, the dinner was amazing portions very large. Overall, the setting,music, wine,service & the food made Serafina a dining experience will return to again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.