Serafina at The Time Hotel
224 West 49th Street
The Time Hotel
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Serafina at The Time Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://timehotel.serafinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 247-1000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available, please contact us for details.
- Special Events: Private room, semi-private events, cocktails etc
A word from Serafina at The Time Hotel
Serafina takes a very honest approach to Northern Italian food with only the highest quality ingredients. Serafina's Fabulous Pizza delights diners with a simplicity of recipe execution combined with creative and original Italian dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Serafina at The Time Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (14)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (7)romantic (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Super Spaghetti at SerafinamatineemomVIPDined on 11/19/2014Food was delicious! Best spaghetti squash dish I ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient pre-theater lunchncrnVIPDined on 11/19/2014We chose this restaurant because it was very convenient for a pre-theater lunch and because of the decent reviews. The chicken paillade with arugula and diced tomatoes was excellent. The pasta bolognese had no visible meat and was possibly in a vodka sauce instead, but we were assured that it was the bolognese. If you are looking for a meaty dish choose something else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014We went to Serafina at the Time for lunch. It was not my first time to a Serafina restaurant to that location. We waited forever to be attended to. The only time a server ever came to our table at any time from the moment we arrived to the moment we left was if we were flagging them down. What was most surprising is that it was not at all busy. Will not return or recommend. Such a shame.
- Good Food, Mediocre Service, Very LoudjkbrahVIPDined on 11/15/2014Restaurants in Times Square will always be loud and have sub par service, and Serafina (at this location) was no exception. Delicious olive oil & bread and pasta. The server didn't bring us our waters until our meals came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZazuwDined on 11/13/2014The food was beyond average the service was poor , only few tables were vacant , light is too dim , it was boring and the staff is not proffesional
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014We ate lunch here before seeing a Broadway matinee. The rigatoni bolanese was delicious as was the the lobster ravioli. The service was great, friendly. The atmosphere was really nice. It wasn't loud at all (the survey wouldn't allow me to change that entry).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vasafVIPDined on 11/12/2014The setting defies the service and food at this outpost of the Serafina chain. A Caesar salad with grilled chicken and a Serafina salad yielded a fistful(barely) of lettuce with matchstick slices of chicken hardly enough for a 5 year old's lunch. Our waiter had difficulty understanding our concerns but was rescued by the manager who after attempts brought extra protein. The restaurant was barely occupied yet to get coffee and a check took a triple request as our server had disappeared. I haven't been to a Serafina in about 8 years and can't understand how they stay in business. They will never see me again for sure.
- Love The FoodMelodyVIPDined on 11/10/2014Back again! Can't get enough of the Penne Vodka. One of my favorite dishes & absolutely my favorite spot in the USA to order it. High Praise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Flavors!MelodyVIPDined on 11/7/2014We visit NYC yearly (for Broadway) & stumbled on Serafina last year. I went thru my old cc's to find them! GREAT pasta!! Good service. Their Vodka pasta is the best I ever tasted. My husband wolfed down his Lobster Ravioli then tried to steal mine. Started with nice crisp salads. My Malbec was corked but immediately whisked away & replaced. And, our charming bus boy was all over the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!FromFLLDined on 11/1/2014The food was delicious. The waiter was very helpful and always available. The only suggestion I have is to warm the bread before bringing to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good brunch spotChloeNJDined on 11/1/2014Went to lunch/brunch on a Saturday - was completely empty when the restaurant opened but it filled up by the time we left. My two dining companions had lunch entrees, and I had a brunch entree. Brunch menu wasn't automatically brought out - had to ask for it. I ordered an egg white, veggie frittata with a salad on top that was surprisingly good. Decor was good but nothing spectacular; overall a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid foodllips2091VIPDined on 10/30/2014The chicken salad is very fresh and has a lot of flavor. When in Times Square, it is a great spot to avoid the flurry of chain places to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater District GemSambenDined on 10/29/2014Wonderful and varied menu. Food is excellent and service is attentive. A great choice for pre or post theater.Special Features:
- Great pre-theateranneiVIPDined on 10/22/2014Dinner was very tasty and they got us in and out in under an hour so we made the play with time to spare.
- SerafinaTheatergoer1Dined on 10/19/2014The food was fabulous. Everyone had a different dish and loved it. The spaghetti squash, chicken parm, jumbo shrimp and linguini with chicken were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smiles @ Serafina'sdining2eatDined on 10/12/2014Serafina at the Time Hotel proved to be a wonderful dining experience with matching service for our party of 6. Flavorful appetizers, terrific pastas and delicious entrees (ie, thinly wrapped potato Sea Bass), made our tummies very satisfied. A slice of warmed apple cake (not pie), complemented by raspberry sorbet left a smile on my face as I was walking out the door. Convenient to the theatre district, a table at Serafina's is a reservation I'll certainly be making again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/12/2014The service was not up to par, the restaurant was very noisy & the food @ the other locations of this chain is far better. I would not return to this restaurant.
- My meal waslike2eatoutDined on 10/11/2014My meal was good could would have liked a larger lobster. Good location for dinner if your going to see The Book Of Mormomn. It is right next door.Special Features:
- Great foodSmk730Dined on 10/11/2014Loved the food but portions were small and on the expensive side.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner before showJoeADined on 10/4/2014I have been here before. great food and service was spot on. This tie I went with one of their gift cards given to me by my daughter. It would not work and I did not bring the gift receipt with me. I am in the proces of trying to straighten this out. the only down side was the tables are extremely close togeher.Special Features:
- Excellent foodCheryleDined on 10/1/2014Always a great place to go before theatre or for a great meal anytime.Special Features:
- Good food, lots of choicesIslandgirl24Dined on 9/10/2014Serafina provides a consistent dining experience that you can count on. The menu provides a wide range of choices -- especially when it comes to pasta. The prices are a bit high for what you get, but let's face it, it's Times Square NYC.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfiedLynnqDined on 9/7/2014This was my first time at the Serafina at the Time Hotel. There were 4 in our group and we all enjoyed our food. The restaurant was fairly empty at 4 so the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFashionistaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great Italian restaurant in the theatre district. Food is good so is service. Food is good and quick and close to a lot of theaters. Good every time if go there.Special Features:
- Good Place to Bring your GuestsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Good location for a pre-theater dinner, but a little costly for portion size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff Needs TrainingMagoosmealsVIPDined on 8/9/2014Host kept us waiting while he sent/read texts on his phone. No apologies when he finally acknowledged us. After seating us, waiters argued over who was responsible for covering our table. Finally someone came to take my drink order (glass of wine). We told another server (not the same as the one who took my drink order) that we were pre-theatre and would like to place our order. Deep sigh on server's part but took it down. Food came promptly but not my wine. Food was not very good -- ravoli covered in white sauce that was bitter and flour-saturated. Wine appeared eventually as did the bill with suggested gratuity of 18 or 20%. No effort to make evening enjoyable for us and we felt we were generally imposing the wait staff's time.
- GordsdiningnewsDined on 8/2/2014THE SERVICE WAS DECENT AND THE FOOD WAS FANTASTIC. GREAT RESTAURANT TO VISIT WITH FAMILY OR FRIENDS. WOULD BE GREAT FOR ANNIVERSARY OR BIRTHDAY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Broadway DinnerFoodieDined on 8/1/2014Had a great dinner before going to see a Broadway musical. Excellent location in that respect. Went on a Friday, and it got progressively more crowded, but never became too loud. It is fair priced for that area (you should expect to pay a little bit, but that is part of the allure of Broadway, right?) The pizzas were incredible. The staff were very attentive. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014good for pre theater dining, across from Ambassador Theater
- The following 502 reviews are from the Serafina at The Time Hotel reviews archive.
- DecentjeanneDined on 7/30/2014Our waitress appeared to be serving a large area of the dining room, so we had to wait a while for our orders to be taken. She also offered bread "on the house" but forgot to bring it. Fortunately, our food arrived quickly. Bruschetta was quite tasty and gnocchi had a good texture, tender yet not too soft and did not stick to the teeth. Overall, the food was good, but not outstanding.
- Good for a pre-theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014I had dinner here before an early weeknight show and they were great at getting us out in time for our show around the corner. My dining companion was 25 minutes late, which was stressful for me, but they were able to accommodate us and still get us out on time. I think part of that was because we had an early reservation to make an early show, but still... The food was tasty, but not mind-blowing. Service was also good. All in all, it was a good experience.
- Always a great dinner!BeatNavyVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was maybe our 4th time to dine at one if the Serafinas, first time at the Time Hotel. We had a baby with us and the staff was very accomadating and friendly. Service (Pablo) was great and the food delicioso! We'll go back in a month :-) on our next visit to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Theatre DiningIamKristinDined on 7/9/2014Our group of 4 stopped in for a lite pre-theatre dinner @ 5pm on a Wednesday, the restaurant had plenty of available tables - we made a reservation but didn't need it. Food was fresh and delicious; service prompt and polite. Excellent all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Pre-Theater FindEpicureanCenturionDined on 6/27/2014All the right qualities for a solid pre-theater meal. Nice selection of satisfying dishes. Not too fancy, but still creatively prepared. Good place to chill before seeing a show. Wait staff and busboys were generally friendly and polite although our waiter seemed a bit preoccupied.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014There are few restaurants to choose from near the Neil Simon Theater and Serafina was a total disappointment. The restaurant looked tired, the service was fair and the food was drab. The uptown restaurant is much more vibrant.
- pre theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014Food and service outstanding..able to get us out and to the theater in time for curtainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & wine.broadwaybetty1Dined on 6/15/2014The jumbo shrimp ane risotto was delish!! Friendly staff and convenient location, close to Broadway in midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service; noisy roomJVPfromLADined on 6/14/2014Our waitress was excellent. We didn't want to be rushed, as we had time to kill before the theatre, so we placed our orders but didn't want the entree right away. She timed it perfectly. The vegetarian plate was delicious. The only downer was the very noisy atmosphere which made it hard to carry a conversation - an unfortunate trend in so many restaurants these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceGourmetVIPDined on 6/7/2014Our waiter was very helpful suggesting various items from the menu. He said "if you like caviar, you will love the pasta with caviar", so I took him at his word and placed my order. We did not see or hear from him again until the food had been delivered. My plate of pasta with a small scoop of caviar (hidden under a basel leaf) sat with no pasta spoon, cheese or red pepper. By the time we found someone to bring these items my food was cold. All this for $39.00!!!
- special lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2014three of us ordered three different salads for lunch and then shared them…they were excellent, fresh delicious. service was good. perfect spot in theatre district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.